Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

After New Fuel Injectors, Motor Won't Turn Over? -- Help?

Search this Thread

Old 01-13-2013, 08:30 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Completely unrelated to this thread, but I had to post a pic of this beast I saw today at a friend's apartment complex. Looks like some serious money has been put into this rig:

Old 02-04-2013, 03:40 PM

your runner is doing alright these days?
Old 02-04-2013, 04:28 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by maachine
your runner is doing alright these days?
Yessir! Thanks for checking up. I'm just about to hit 1000 miles on the new(er) motor. I did an oil change after the first 500 miles. So far, looks good. I don't see any oil leaks or anything of the sort. Fingers crossed that things stay this way.

I gave my skid plates a good pressure washing and hit 'em with some black wheel paint. With those back on, she's completely back together. Been in service now for a little over a month, purring like a kitten. Hopefully she runs this way for a few hundred thousand more miles!

My next project is going to be new tires and wheel painting. It never ends!
Old 02-04-2013, 06:19 PM

i know what you mean. i'm about to buy new tires for my truck and the black steel rims that came standard as spare on most toyota trucks. i like that rugged look they give
Old 02-05-2013, 11:27 AM

Good to hear.

Did you sell all that extra stuff posted on CL yet (having lived in Chas I still check CL every week or so)? Some kid once had a TRD supercharger on there (Fall 2010 I think) that he listed for $800 but it was sold before I could get it.
Old 02-05-2013, 06:15 PM
Contributing Member

i know what you mean. i'm about to buy new tires for my truck and the black steel rims that came standard as spare on most toyota trucks. i like that rugged look they give
Where are you rim shopping? I'm sort-of in the market too since I'm getting new tires too. You getting new tires or just the steelies?

Originally Posted by J2F42C
Good to hear.

Did you sell all that extra stuff posted on CL yet (having lived in Chas I still check CL every week or so)? Some kid once had a TRD supercharger on there (Fall 2010 I think) that he listed for $800 but it was sold before I could get it.
Haha, no. I sold the fuel rails to someone on YT, but only because I saw their post in another marketplace ad and PMed them. Other than that, I've still got all sorts of parts and the long block sitting in the garage. Tons of bolts and random stuff from all three motors. I'm not going to throw the stuff away, so I guess I'll just let it sit out there and maybe sell over time. Maybe I'll do some ebaying at some point. I do have 3 siblings with 3rd gen 4Runners, so there's a chance one of them may could use something at some point. We'll see. Let me know if you need something!

Yeah, I check CL probably once a day just to see what's out there. I'm always hoping there'll be some real appealing fixer upper out there to buy, or yeah, an $800 TRD Supercharger. On that topic, now that I've got a 90K mile motor, I'm itching to get the supercharger. I'm in no position financially to do that, so it's not going to happen, but maybe in a couple of years, we'll see. If I see one for $800 though, I'll find a way. It never ends, but that's the point!
Old 02-06-2013, 05:30 PM

well my spare is still brand new....well looks brand new. so i'll buy 3 steelies and 3 new tires to match the spare. then i'll use one of the old tires and rims for the spare.

i'm looking at ebay, craigslist, local junk yards for the steelies. they even sell them on rockauto.com. but my boss knows a guy that might have a spare set lying around that he'd part with for cheap.
Old 02-08-2013, 09:45 AM
Contributing Member

well my spare is still brand new....well looks brand new. so i'll buy 3 steelies and 3 new tires to match the spare. then i'll use one of the old tires and rims for the spare.

i'm looking at ebay, craigslist, local junk yards for the steelies. they even sell them on rockauto.com. but my boss knows a guy that might have a spare set lying around that he'd part with for cheap.
Man oh man. This just popped up today and I had to bite. Too bad you aren't closer to SC or I'd have passed this deal along to you. I just picked up this set of 17" steelies off an FJ. Some guy said they were on his daughter's FJ from previous owner and she thought they were ugly, so they got her a set of BBS alloys for Christmas. I got these off of him for $75 bucks for the set. They're a little knicked up, as the P/O did a shoddy paint job on them, but structurally they're in fantastic shape.

I'm not sure right now if I'll use these because I found another set of immaculate stock wheels from a 2013 4Runner that I'd really like to have. I might just put these back on CL in a couple weeks or paint 'em and use 'em if I don't end up with the 2013s. Either way, I had to show ya! If you want to come to SC, you can have them for what I paid, lol.

Last edited by 98SR54RUNNER; 02-08-2013 at 09:54 AM.
Old 02-09-2013, 08:06 AM

ya nice find. cheap too. that's excatly the kind of deal i'm looking for. although i am looking for 16". i went into some local run down used tire shop yesterday and the guy has a set of 16" black wagon wheels. 150$ for the set. 37 bucks a wheel isnt bad at all.

you can probably make money off those steelies if you paint em up nice. and no.....not coming to SC. gas alone would buy me a better set of wheels. hahaha, thanks for the offer though