Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

4ROC- 4-runner Owners Club, Lets ROC(k)!

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2003, 06:04 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally posted by prolax13
BTW, what does FWIW mean?
"For What It's Worth"

And, FYI (For Your Information)!

http://www.globaldisarray.org/acronym.html

Last edited by midiwall; 06-16-2003 at 06:05 PM.
Old 06-16-2003, 07:38 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Replied to the other thread...
Old 06-17-2003, 07:58 AM
Contributing Member

Draft 4ROC rules and regs

Okay folks, heres a draft of a charter for 4ROC, to be expanded on and modified for use by both the national org. and individual state chapters. I'm working on the washington state charter, and will post when finished. This is partially based on some of the TLCA documents. Read over, quote sections, and make additions/changes, and I'll incorporate them into the doc:

4-Runner Owner’s Club (4ROC)

4ROC Rules and Regulations
REVISION A
PURPOSE

1. The purpose of this club is to provide a forum for owners of Toyota 4-runners to gather and discuss 4-runner maintenance, off-roading and other topics related to 4-runners.

CHAPTERS
1. Minimum of five individual 4ROC members who have paid their current year’s dues, who are owner/operators of Toyota 4-runners may submit an application to be a Chapter.
2. Must submit bylaws and a formal letter of application to the 4ROC national board (NAT.4ROC). for approval prior to being voted upon for chapter membership.
3. Privileges of chapters:
a. Entitled to advertising privileges and discounts from

4ROC-associated businesses.
b. Invited to all regularly scheduled NAT.4ROC meetings.
c. Invited to participate in all 4ROC hosted and sanctioned events.
d. Entitled to one voting delegate at all NAT.4ROC meetings.
4. All chapter members must join 4ROC.

INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP
1. Membership is open to owners of "operational" Toyota 4-runners.
2. Membership Rules:
a. Each membership includes the immediate family (husband, wife and children).
b. The Club decal will be placed on the back window of the vehicle.
c. Privileges of individual membership:
d. Invited to all regularly scheduled meetings.
e. Invited to participate in all 4ROC hosted and sanctioned events.

DUES
1. Individual members shall pay $20.00 dues.
2. Dues will be payable on the anniversary date of each member.

OFFICERS
1. The President shall preside at all meetings, carry out the policies and decisions of the Delegates, shall appoint such committees as deemed necessary to carry out the objectives of 4ROC, remove persons from committees for nonperformance of duties upon approval of the BOD; shall assist other members as requested/required.

2. The Vice President shall assist the President. The VP shall be the coordinator of all committees, request reports from each committee on a regular basis. The VP shall fulfill the duties of the President in his/her absence. Shall also coordinate all events and represent all Chapters who are hosting an event for the BOD. The EVP will be authorized to approve advertisements for qualified events in the Toyota Trails. Shall also be authorized to approve the applications for insurance for all events

3. The Secretary shall arrange for the keeping of the minutes of meetings of Delegates and shall retain the original copy of same. Shall maintain files of historical significance. Shall be responsible for the writing of all official correspondences. Shall assume the responsibility of ledger roll call and determine the number of Delegates present. All files and records maintained by the Secretary shall be turned over to the successor in office upon election. One vote.

4. The Treasurer shall have the charge and custody of, and be responsible for, all funds and securities of the Club, receive and deposit all moneys in the name of the Club in such depositories as may be approved by 4ROC. All files and records maintained by the Treasurer shall be turned over to the successor in office upon election. Shall sign checks. Shall have the records and/or ledgers open for inspection by authorized members and/or Officers.
Old 06-17-2003, 02:10 PM
Contributing Member

Looks good.

btw I'm in chat, where's everyone else? 6pm pst is 4pm mst... so I'm there. all by myself. alone. *sniff*

Old 06-17-2003, 02:45 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
um... 6pm PST is 7pm MST...
Old 06-17-2003, 03:24 PM
Contributing Member

Re: Draft 4ROC rules and regs

Originally posted by Mad Chemist
REVISION A
PURPOSE

CHAPTERS
1. Minimum of five individual 4ROC members who have paid their current year’s dues, who are owner/operators of Toyota 4-runners may submit an application to be a Chapter.
I guess I'm phhucked! there's no interest here in texas I guess. isn't there a way to be an absentee member of another state or something. lighten up on the reg's.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:36 PM
Contributing Member

Keisur,

Thats one of the things we need to figure out- how to handle members from non-chapter states. A possibility is:

"For members from non-chapter states, dues will be paid to the national organization (NAT.4ROC), and a generic 4ROC emblem will be issued."

"Non-chapter members are eligible for the same privilidges as members from chapter states."

How does that sound?
Old 06-17-2003, 03:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Scottiac
um... 6pm PST is 7pm MST...
Ahh, ˟˟˟˟. :pat:

may have to figure out a way to get net access at the bar I'm supposed to be at right about then...

Chemist that sounds fine, (thought I mentioned something like that before, can't remember). People should be able to be members without being in a chapter. BUT what are the benefits of said chapter once they form one?
Old 06-17-2003, 03:48 PM

Re: Re: Draft 4ROC rules and regs

Originally posted by keisur
I guess I'm phhucked! there's no interest here in texas I guess.
I'm interested, but I don't how much time I could commit to it, plus TX is so damn big, everyone is spread out across the area of 4 normal sized states.
Old 06-17-2003, 03:49 PM
Contributing Member

Denver- you did say something like that, I pirated it!

Hmmm, as far as advantages of the chapters, probably more likely to have businesses with discounts in their proximity for one. I don't know, what else?
Old 06-17-2003, 05:39 PM
Contributing Member

hey guys..i thought the chat was tonight?
Old 06-17-2003, 08:33 PM

anybody conna post the chat room conversation?
Old 06-18-2003, 08:20 AM
Contributing Member

Okay guys, sounds like the chat at 6:00 was a bust, I never made it back to check in on it. However, there was some discussion beforehand, the transcript of which is posted in the 4ROC forum.

Could one of the mods move this thread to the 4ROC forum? Its better to keep all of this info condensed in one area.

Thanks!
Old 06-18-2003, 04:41 PM
Contributing Member

Okay guys, since interest seems to be dropping, we've got to move on this quick. This is what I propose, but am welcome to alternatives.

Without the state chapters up and running, there is no need for a national organization. So, I propose a trial period of three months in which the state chapters will focus on getting their individual clubs up and running, issue stickers, hold meetings, etc.

I will post a model charter which will be the basis of all state chapters, open for revision by any of you, but once we start, all state chapters will be abiding by the same rules. This is crucial for later organization into a national organization.

Each state chapter will be responsible for designing their own website. However, the State charter will have basic requirements that will give some uniformity to all the sites. Again, this is crucial for later organization.

On October 1st, 2003, the heads of the state chapters will get together, and discuss whether to unite into a national org. Discussions will happen before that, but Oct. 1 will be the deadline for making a final decision to stay as seperate 4 runner clubs.

Comments?
Old 06-25-2003, 03:47 PM
Contributing Member

Okay, here are some club rules that I came up with for the Washington State 4ROC, open to change and alteration, will be voted upon at first meeting, use as you wish for other state chapters!

4-Runner Owner’s Club (4ROC)

REVISION A
NAME
1.The name of this club will be “4-Runner Owner’s Club (4ROC).

PURPOSE
1. The purpose of this club is to provide a forum for owners of Toyota 4-runners to gather and discuss 4-runner maintenance, off-roading and other topics related to 4-runners. This organization shall be non-profit in character, bringing together and promoting the interest of 4-runner maintenance, family 4-wheeling as well as enjoying our country's natural resources.

INDIVIDUAL MEMBERSHIP
1.Membership is open to owners of "operational" Toyota 4-runners.
2.Membership Rules:
a.Each membership includes the immediate family (husband, wife and children).
b.The Club decal will be placed on the back window of the vehicle.
c.Privileges of individual membership:
d.Invited to all regularly scheduled meetings.
e.Invited to participate in all 4ROC hosted and sanctioned events.

DUES
1.All Toyota owners must be members.
2.Individual members shall pay $20.00 dues.
3.Dues will be payable on the anniversary date of each member.
4.To remain a member in good standing, a club member must pay his/her dues within 30 days of the due date or voting rights will be suspended. Members not complying with this rule will be notified of their membership default by letter. Members who have not paid their dues within 60 days of the due date will have their membership terminated.
5.Immediate family members (spouse or other partner and dependent children) shall have all the rights of the member to participate in club activities, but shall not be eligible to vote.
6.Each member must have a valid driver's license and have liability insurance coverage.
7.All members must conduct themselves in a responsible, respectable and orderly fashion at ALL times. Any undesirable behavior may result in a vote for expulsion from the club.

OFFICERS
1.The President shall preside at all meetings, carry out the policies and decisions of the Delegates, shall appoint such committees as deemed necessary to carry out the objectives of 4ROC, remove persons from committees for nonperformance of duties upon approval of the BOD; shall assist other members as requested/required.
2.The Vice President shall assist the President. The VP shall be the coordinator of all committees, request reports from each committee on a regular basis. The VP shall fulfill the duties of the President in his/her absence. Shall also coordinate all events and represent all Chapters who are hosting an event for the BOD. The VP will be authorized to approve advertisements for qualified events in the Toyota Trails. Shall also be authorized to approve the applications for insurance for all events
3.The Secretary shall arrange for the keeping of the minutes of meetings of Delegates and shall retain the original copy of same. Shall maintain files of historical significance. Shall be responsible for the writing of all official correspondences. Shall assume the responsibility of ledger roll call and determine the number of Delegates present. All files and records maintained by the Secretary shall be turned over to the successor in office upon election. One vote.
4.The Treasurer shall have the charge and custody of, and be responsible for, all funds and securities of the Club, receive and deposit all moneys in the name of the Club in such depositories as may be approved by 4ROC. All files and records maintained by the Treasurer shall be turned over to the successor in office upon election. Shall sign checks. Shall have the records and/or ledgers open for inspection by authorized members and/or Officers.

MEETINGS
Membership meetings shall be held monthly, at a time and place determined by the membership.

AMENDMENTS TO BY-LAWS
These By-Laws may be amended by a three-fourths majority of the votes cast. The membership shall be notified at least two weeks prior to taking the vote. Amendments may be proposed by the Board of Directors or by petition signed by at least three members or by ten percent of the membership, whichever is the greater. Amendments proposed by the Board of Directors may be voted on at any meeting; amendments proposed by members’ petition shall be voted on at the annual By-Laws meeting in June.

ELECTIONS AND VOTING
1.Nominations for Officers shall be put forward at the April meeting each year. Elections shall be held at the regular May meeting. A simple majority of the votes cast shall be required to win an election. The Board of Directors may make appropriate rules to deal with situations where a candidate does not gain a majority on the first vote. Members must be present to vote on any matter.
2.Officers-elect will take possession of their offices at the conclusion of the meeting at which they are elected.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:29 PM
Contributing Member

One glaring error in your document is the spelling of your own vehicle! It is spelled 4Runner or 4RUNNER and absolutely NO variant of, like: 4-runner, Four-Runner, etc. It has always been 4Runner and will always be 4Runner. Trust me, you have the badge on the back of your vehicle that will confirm what I say. It's in your manual and on Toyota's site.

Just giving you a hard time in a very light-hearted way, but it does need to be changed.

Thanks for your part in trying to organize this thing. I'm still very cloudy on how clubs are ran (even after reading what you've posted), but I haven't really taken the time yet to understand it. I should be able to provide some of my energies locally as I am one of the few who actually has a lot of spare time.

Last edited by Darren; 06-25-2003 at 04:34 PM.
Old 06-25-2003, 04:45 PM
Contributing Member

Just an idea... to make it a bunch simpler... what about doing it by region? SE, NE, MW, SW, NW etc... It just seems to me that in general, most of the people that are interested are the member (aka, i want my sticker/discounts/forum access) type and not the president I want to handle money, and head meetings and trail rides type, and I thinkg the fewer prezes the better at this point. We could then have a certin # where when each state gets a certin number of members it could be its own chapter. But I think we need to crawl before we run. I guess I think that having each state be a chapter is a bit ambitious. Espcially at this stage in the game. I think we should start national and then as we get more members and interest branch off into chapters. Just my .02 Hope to see this thing get off the ground!
Old 07-20-2011, 08:37 AM

First time to yotatech

Hi, i have been looking for a 4runner owners club. What do i need to do to join the club? I live in B.C so i would i be able to join at all.

Thank You
Old 07-20-2011, 09:01 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
should i assume since this entire thread is from '03 that this never happened?