Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

4 Wheel Parts gets BUSTED!!!

Search this Thread

Old 08-27-2007, 01:20 PM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by neliconcept
uhh hate to bust your bubble but ADD is auto hubs, or aka auto disconnecting diff.

oh and this is one old ass thread
Ummmm no Automatic Hubs and A.D.D are NOT THE SAME THING...... be sure you know what you are talking about before you try to make me look dumb. you only burst your own bubble..... A.D.D hubs (not actually a hub more like a plate that keeps the axles locked at all times) can be swapped to manual hubs easily with no extra parts, Automatic locking hubs need a kit to be purchased and they suck. search and you will find MANY posts that will explain this concept further.

Last edited by Azusacanyonbogger; 08-27-2007 at 01:31 PM.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:31 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by neliconcept
uhh hate to bust your bubble but ADD is auto hubs, or aka auto disconnecting diff.

oh and this is one old ass thread
Originally Posted by Azusacanyonbogger
Ummmm no Automatic Hubs and A.D.D are NOT THE SAME THING...... be sure you know what you are talking about before you try to make me look dumb. you only burst your own bubble.....
Umm...pretty sure Neli's right on this one. And I don't think he was trying to make you look dumb, just trying to inform you.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:42 PM
Contributing Member

Ummmm no Automatic Hubs and A.D.D are NOT THE SAME THING...... be sure you know what you are talking about before you try to make me look dumb. you only burst your own bubble..... A.D.D hubs (not actually a hub more like a plate that keeps the axles locked at all times) can be swapped to manual hubs easily with no extra parts, Automatic locking hubs need a kit to be purchased and they suck. search and you will find MANY posts that will explain this concept further.
If ADD hubs can be swapped to manual hubs with no extra parts, why would there be an expensive kit to do so? Such as the one by ORS
Old 08-27-2007, 01:47 PM

people have to remember too that different people have different definitions of "ripped off" some people could say that they got ripped off because they found the same $500 kit for $5 less a month later. I got a set of LTB's for an 84 s-10 I got and had no problems with them but if they're not honoring the warranty that's $80 then yeah that's a problem. Different strokes for different folks.
Old 08-27-2007, 01:54 PM
Banned

you sure taught me one mister know it all

good job!!
Old 08-27-2007, 02:07 PM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Received 21 Likes on 16 Posts
ADD and autohubs are not the same.
Autohubs are bad, very bad.
They can become disconnected when backing up on a trail.

Here is an explanation.
They were only offered for awhile.

http://toyota.off-road.com/toyota/ar....jsp?id=423991

A quote form the site.
By the way, I have had this bookmarked for years.
Do not confuse this with ADD (automatic differential disconnect). AUTO hubs are NOT similar to ADD. The AUTO hub has a clutch inside that will lock the hub when it receives forward movement of the axle. Since the axles are not always spinning with this design, you must come to a COMPLETE stop before shifting into 4WD. Under no circumstances can you shift into 4WD while in motion with the AUTO hubs.
Old 08-27-2007, 02:12 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by Corey
ADD and autohubs are not the same.
Autohubs are bad, very bad.
They can become disconnected when backing up on a trail.

Here is an explanation.
They were only offered for awhile.

http://toyota.off-road.com/toyota/ar....jsp?id=423991

A quote form the site.
By the way, I have had this bookmarked for years.

however, all trucks that had manual hubs, had non ADD diffs in the front, not ADD and man hubs. they are different but they work together too.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:10 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by nc994run
If ADD hubs can be swapped to manual hubs with no extra parts, why would there be an expensive kit to do so? Such as the one by ORS
damn you are just full of misinformation..... there is no kit needed to swap from A.D.D. to manual hubs.... direct bolt on. done it 100's of times..
Old 08-28-2007, 07:16 AM
WFO

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Too bad ive got a gift certificate to them.

the only complaint ive had with them is their lack of customer service.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:20 AM

This thread is from 2 years ago. Guess what, 4WP is still in buisness.
Old 08-28-2007, 07:54 AM
Contributing Member

damn you are just full of misinformation..... there is no kit needed to swap from A.D.D. to manual hubs.... direct bolt on. done it 100's of times..
I guess i'm confusing a swap on a newer 4runner with one on an older 4runner
Old 08-28-2007, 08:10 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Originally Posted by WFO
Too bad ive got a gift certificate to them.

the only complaint ive had with them is their lack of customer service.
I have had nothing but good service from them the only time I have bought anything.

I got 5 Pro Comp 7089 wheels for $129 each, and they were on the site for $135.
All arrived in great perfect shape.

I would buy from them again in a heartbeat.

This was about a month back.
Old 08-28-2007, 08:24 AM

People are always complaining of customer service with these guys. They get paid on commision, so when people come in wanting $500 worth of stuff for $50 it tends to put these guys in a crappy mood. Not that it's acceptable! I bought a bunch of stuff from them, and they stand by what they sell, if you have an issue with something they will make it right. It's just unfortunate they cant get paid a different way. I think it would reflect on the people working there and the prices of the equipment they sell.
Old 08-28-2007, 12:16 PM

I got a great deal on OME springs. But then again, I did my research.
Old 08-30-2007, 06:47 PM

I have nothing but good to say about my experience with them also. Dealt with Paul who is a member on here(Masterwacker) and got a great deal on some Pro Comp 7089s and Xtreme MTs. Great to deal with!
Old 08-31-2007, 12:25 AM
Co-Founder/Administrator
Staff

Originally Posted by aviator31
I have nothing but good to say about my experience with them also. Dealt with Paul who is a member on here(Masterwacker) and got a great deal on some Pro Comp 7089s and Xtreme MTs. Great to deal with!
Heck if I had known Paul was a member here, I would have ordered the wheels through him.
Old 08-31-2007, 04:16 PM

There are people that have had bad experiences at 4Wheel Parts unfortunately. Just like there have been people who had bad experiences at McDonalds, Sears, etc. I have no excuse or comment on those previous 4Wheel Parts experiences. What I will comment on is this:

I am a dedicated emplyee of 4Wheel Parts and to achieving 100% customer service satisfaction. I bust my ass day in and day out to achieve this. I make mistakes, but I admit them and fix them. I know a lot about trucks in general, expecially Toyotas since that is all I have ever owned, but I don't and can't know everything. If I don't know something regardless of what it is I don't make up an answer. I find out and call the customer back. That way I know it was handled right the first time to the best of my ability. I also can't guarantee I will always be the cheapest, but my customer service and dedication is second to none. So, if there is anything you guys ever need or just want a quote on something give me a call or shoot me a p.m. I will do my best to make your next 4Wheel Parts purchase the best experience you have had.

Paul
Assistant Manager
4Wheel Parts in Cleveland, OH
216-267-6668
Old 08-31-2007, 04:56 PM

My one purchase there (Azusa, CA) went smoothly enough. Gotmy wheels and tires and installation done without any problems. They are a bit overpriced on other things though (Viair onboard). On the other hand I do like to give my business to a company that seems to be willing to support our troops by helping to arrange, and in some cases provide free, offroad lights to them. While they won't get all of my business I'm more inclined to throw a little their way because of that.