Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

3.0 with 3.4 power? Build up in progress - donations needed!!

Search this Thread

Old 01-25-2005, 06:25 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Does anyone have pictures of a 3vz-e block without the heads? That way I can go and check when I pull the fe heads to see if they bolt up before buying them. DOA told me they wouldn't, but dan seemed certain they would. If I had a pics I could be pretty sure before buying them,
Old 01-25-2005, 12:01 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I dont know how helpful these will be but they were found on ebay....
Attached Thumbnails 3.0 with 3.4 power?  Build up in progress - donations needed!!-3vze-short-block3.jpg   3.0 with 3.4 power?  Build up in progress - donations needed!!-3vze-short-block.jpg   3.0 with 3.4 power?  Build up in progress - donations needed!!-3vze-heads.jpg  
Old 01-25-2005, 12:12 PM
Contributing Member

I saw those too I also found a gasket set for the 3vz-fe and it looks like at the holes on the gasket set match of the -e block. Also I found a 3vz-fe for sale online for 750 w/free shipping. That may be cheaper than buy all the bits and pieces. Use what I need, part out the rest. Most places here in texas are selling the heads fro 125 a piece. I could use the motor, steal the heads and pistons, sell the block and other components I don't need to a junkyard. The motor is a much great one time outlay thought. Going home the weekend after next. Going to try and sell my 3vz-e intake parts and pick up a 7mge afm, 7mge injects, and 3vz-fe heads if I can.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:16 PM
Contributing Member

Any idea how much a junkyard will pay for a 3vz-e upper and lower intake manifold and throttle body, and running boards?
Old 01-25-2005, 12:25 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by fs8459
Don't waste time and money for your project cause you will not get much power from those 3.0 anyway, so stop wasting your time and nobody will give you a penny for your stupid project.
I didn't ask for money anywhere. Also there are lot of people who would disagree with you about this "stupid project". I did nothing to you, no need to be rude. Not going to start a flame war here. Though if I were you, I'd take a second to read the notice concerning flaming before you get yourself banned.
Old 01-25-2005, 12:26 PM
Contributing Member

Don't waste time and money for your project cause you will not get much power from those 3.0 anyway, so stop wasting your time and nobody will give you a penny for your stupid project.
Someone smack some sense into this guy
Old 01-25-2005, 12:31 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Praufet
I didn't ask for money anywhere. Also there are lot of people who would disagree with you about this "stupid project". I did nothing to you, no need to be rude. Not going to start a flame war here. Though if I were you, I'd take a second to read the notice concerning flaming before you get yourself banned.
Don't mind him (fs8459), he's....lost.
Read up on some of his recent posts/threads and you'll see what I mean.

Good luck with your project btw
Old 01-25-2005, 01:04 PM

you are a troll, stay away from this stupid project and don't reply back cause we don't need your flames in here
Old 01-25-2005, 01:26 PM

I will not come back to read this again, so if you want, you can say your sh$t in here. hahahaaaaaaa

bye bye little boy!
Old 01-25-2005, 01:28 PM

Originally Posted by firemedic
dont mind that homo, he either has sand in his vagina and is makin a pearl or is just pissed that his ass hurts after last night.

(no offense intended to any women or homosexuals! )
Old 01-25-2005, 01:32 PM

Originally Posted by Praufet
Any idea how much a junkyard will pay for a 3vz-e upper and lower intake manifold and throttle body, and running boards?
Honestly I think you'd get more for them on ebay....I have an extra intake plenum coming for my 3vze to mess around with...lol
Old 01-25-2005, 01:45 PM
Contributing Member

Good idea, I'll take pics and list them when I go home.
Old 01-28-2005, 08:47 PM

i had an idea for this project, I'm going to assume you've read this intire post and are framilar with the difficultys with the t-belt idler pully and upper coolant pipe, so since it is nesseccary to change pistons to 4 vavles, how about buying a 5vz-fe complete engine, use 92-95 3vz-fe camry heads which utilize a dizzy and could possibly allow you to do a 3.4 swap without the hardest part of rewireing for pcm.

also i called around for used 5vz-fe the other day, I got prices $1200-1500
i also asked about 3vze and there going for about $1000
so you could sell your complete motor instead of diasembling it just for the block.
Old 01-28-2005, 10:15 PM
Contributing Member

dizzy=distributor? sounds like a good plan, right now I don't really have the cash for any of it, and I can't go with out a motor, but maybe in the future. Right now my plan is to swap in the 7mge afm, ISR, and get a cone foam filter from uniflow(or something similar)
Old 01-28-2005, 10:28 PM

well any new news or what? im pretty interested cause right now the 3.0l engine is what is stopping me from getting a runner.

wade
Old 01-29-2005, 06:44 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I think I'm gonna start accumulating parts for the 3.0. Oversize valves. Polish a intake. Port and polish heads. New headbolts. Do it a little at a time and stick 'em back on the shelf. Then next summer, do a full rebuild on the bottom end.

The 3vzfe is a good idea, but too much is untested and my vehicles have to be reliable. I hate having to do a job twice.
Old 02-15-2005, 09:24 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
So whatever happened to old Danny boy? Did he collect the money and run?
Old 02-23-2005, 10:10 PM

I just finished building the block on my 3.0 project. EGR crap will be totally removed and a catchcan will be installed. Heads and manifold have received a street p/p and have been portmatched. I have a set of Downey headers waiting to go in, and a 2.5 inch will be installed from the headers back. An NA supra AFM will go in soon as well.
Old 04-04-2005, 03:22 PM

Originally Posted by Adam F
So whatever happened to old Danny boy? Did he collect the money and run?
Sorry guys, I am still working on this project but haVe had alot going on. My '93 Celica is dead......I had to buy a Tacoma for my daily driver=down payment & payments. That cut into the whole personal profits alot. As far as the money that I got from Yotatech.....not even enough to pay for a waterpump.

I'll be honest, this project and a 5VZ-FE swap might come out to be about the same amount of work. It might be cheaper to do it my way and have some reliable transportation(rebuild vs. used engine) but it'll be about the same amount of work after you figure in changing out sensors and what not.

I have not worked on my engine since I got it back from the machine shop.....mostly because of weather and now because I'm moving to the Knoxville area with my girlfriend. I'm going to have to move the 4Runner up there whenever we can get a car transport and time to move it.

On a side not, I'm not working on a direct swap for someone to follow suit anymore. I'm going to make a custom intake and exhaust manifolds. This will in turn require custom breather plumbing, etc. I'll be using an electric fan and make up some other nice gadgets along the way.

As far as completion time on this, I have no idea. My girlfriend is pretty far in debt because of her divorce (no, I'm not the reason, she was just that far in debt since then). I'm going to try to finish it up this summer. I'll get some pictures of the engine thus far and post them when I get back to my dad's shop.

On a side note. I've noticed alot of people posting on here about engine questions, engine swaps, etc. One in particular that I'm going to post on here in a few. But anyway......if anyone needs some help with any engine stuff, swaps, anything like that feel free to email me. I see too many people post on here and get crap for responses......that's why I left for so long. If you have no idea, don't post a crappy know nothing reply. No one will ever see me on here saying that I know anything about suspensions other than replacing shocks and what info that has been given to me from other on here. Lets post some good feedback with info that newbies can learn from!!!
Old 04-04-2005, 04:56 PM
Contributing Member

yay! you're not dead! I missed having you to bounce ideas off of. Also for the girl, has she called a debt agency? Might help getting rid of it. Sucks that it happened though. Hope the move goes well. Keep us updated.

Quick Reply: 3.0 with 3.4 power? Build up in progress - donations needed!!