Notices
95.5-2004 Tacomas & 96-2002 4Runners 4th gen pickups and 3rd gen 4Runners

22" NEW PICS...as promised

Search this Thread

Old 04-27-2004, 07:18 PM
lee
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
woah, i too am a fan of the black and chrome.

still think it looked better before though.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:29 PM

you wanted an honest opinion, I think it's LAME!

That thing is too pretty to ever wheel, so are you into offroading or picking up teen girls at the mall?

Last edited by DaveKerwin; 04-27-2004 at 07:32 PM.
Old 04-27-2004, 07:32 PM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
My wife looked over my shoulder as I glanced at the photos and she told me that if I did that she'd kick my I told her don't worry...

I'm glad you dig it dude...bling bling on aisle four!

Brian-
That is probably a good thing...I would hate to hear about your girl droppin your ass...

I just looked at your website and it said "paint every possible part of your 4runner black, and use a sharpie to take care of the hard to reach spots"...thats where the idea came from...

Edge-
I just have about a 10" magnaflow muffler right after the cat and thats it...sounds perfect to me...not too loud, not too quiet...the end is about a 1.5' long 2.25" to 3" tip.

Billy
Old 04-27-2004, 07:50 PM

bbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbbblllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll lllllllllllliiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiinnnnnnnnnnnnnn nnnnnnnnngggggggggggggggggggggggg bling wow those are awesome ..... i'm jealous big time ..
Old 04-27-2004, 07:55 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by DaveKerwin
That thing is too pretty to ever wheel, so are you into offroading or picking up teen girls at the mall?
I'd rather pickup teenage girls at the mall, but I'd probably end up telling them all guys are scum but their are exceptions, they only want 1 thing, if they tell you they love you it means nothin and they want that 1 thing, don't ruin your life over a boy who could acheive the same purpose with his hand, girl power stick together and don't let your ideal image be guided by magazines and airbrushed models on a diet of alcohol and drugs, and when it comes down to it the guy always wants the nice girl

Oh Yeah nice truck, my GF digs it and wonders why I drive a stocker :pat:
Old 04-27-2004, 08:00 PM
Contributing Member

Dude Mount some gun's on that thing and call HOLLYWOOD!!!!!!!!!!
Looks like it came out of a movie.
HMMMMM??? Like it? That is a Yes.
Old 04-27-2004, 08:10 PM

Originally Posted by EDGE
I'd rather pickup teenage girls at the mall, but I'd probably end up telling them all guys are scum but their are exceptions, they only want 1 thing, if they tell you they love you it means nothin and they want that 1 thing, don't ruin your life over a boy who could acheive the same purpose with his hand, girl power stick together and don't let your ideal image be guided by magazines and airbrushed models on a diet of alcohol and drugs, and when it comes down to it the guy always wants the nice girl

Oh Yeah nice truck, my GF digs it and wonders why I drive a stocker :pat:
Edge-
I think you just about took care of everything with that one...my job of self defense is now handed over to you...thanks bro.

Billy
Old 04-27-2004, 08:27 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
good to know where on the same page
Old 04-27-2004, 09:15 PM

I think it would look better if the center was black, also (which you said wasn't possible, so no big deal), and if the entire outer lip was chrome or black.

Never thought I'd like it, not even sure I do, if I saw it on the street, the only reason I'd take a second look is because the black/ chrome alternating, and the center cap are like a car crash, you can't help but look. Also, I'd be wishing my truck was that lifted.

Good job.
Old 04-27-2004, 10:22 PM
Contributing Member

For me they are too big, but doesnt look tooo bad, maybe they look better a little smaller...

Crappy photochop, time to make Zzzz's
Attached Thumbnails 22" NEW PICS...as promised-sideturn2.jpg  

Last edited by cabbage; 04-27-2004 at 10:26 PM.
Old 04-28-2004, 04:11 AM
Contributing Member

thanks for the daytime pics. I really like your rig. Is it hard to climb in to? I'm sure it feels good to look down on every dam! Escalade there is. How is the handling in the curves? Does it feel top heavy like the old Monteros??
Old 04-28-2004, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by mgspann
thanks for the daytime pics. I really like your rig. Is it hard to climb in to? I'm sure it feels good to look down on every dam! Escalade there is. How is the handling in the curves? Does it feel top heavy like the old Monteros??
mgspann-
Hey, thanks for the kind words...I'll try to answer your questions. With the coil spacers in both the front and rear, the ride is noticeably stiffer than stock. It's much more prevalent in the front than the rear. I have taken it on a bunch of road trips here in MT where there is esentially no speed limit, and have been extremely surprised by its cornering capabilities and handling...it does pretty well, even at high speeds. I would love to get some downey coil-overs in the front eventually to improve the ride quality, but for now the spacers are doing their job. Feel free to ask any other questions, etc...thats what I am here for.

And yeah, the women arent too fond of climbing into the runner, though they always seem to find a new way in... ...one has devised a run, jump, and dive method, landing on the rear seat on her stomach, then gaining an upright position...they come up with a new one every day...lol.

Billy
Old 04-28-2004, 10:28 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking Rig

Originally Posted by fourunnabilly
Brian-
That is probably a good thing...I would hate to hear about your girl droppin your ass...

I just looked at your website and it said "paint every possible part of your 4runner black, and use a sharpie to take care of the hard to reach spots"...thats where the idea came from...

Billy
My wife is about 5'...dynamite comes in small packages.

Black, all black dude!

Old 04-28-2004, 10:44 AM

Very slick - I was poor when I went to school - what am I thinking, I still can't spend like that!

Don't pay any attention the hate!
Old 04-28-2004, 11:06 AM

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
My wife is about 5'...dynamite comes in small packages.

Black, all black dude!

Brian-
Hey, just wanted to shoot ya a quick apology on my part. You have been a great help to me throughout this process...(pan hard, esp.)...there was no intent to flame ya, I got a little carried away with my sarcasm. I had no doubt this would stir up some dust, so I guess I am just getting what I asked for...

Billy
Old 04-28-2004, 11:08 AM
Banned

Talking No worries

Originally Posted by fourunnabilly
Brian-
Hey, just wanted to shoot ya a quick apology on my part. You have been a great help to me throughout this process...(pan hard, esp.)...there was no intent to flame ya, I got a little carried away with my sarcasm. I had no doubt this would stir up some dust, so I guess I am just getting what I asked for...

Billy
No worries dude! I got a tough skin as I grew up a preacher's kid and I am used to sarcasm, believe me. I'm glad to help when I can and sometimes my mouth (keyboard) overloads my face too!

Old 04-28-2004, 12:03 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry Billy. Liked it better before, but it isn't awful like I was afraid it might be. Love the truck in general though.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:04 PM
Contributing Member

i think it looks pretty good. i like that powder coat or whatnot

all i want to know is..what do you do for a living? (hah, sorry for not being on topic with that one.
Old 04-28-2004, 12:28 PM
Banned

Talking Secrecy

Originally Posted by doink
i think it looks pretty good. i like that powder coat or whatnot

all i want to know is..what do you do for a living? (hah, sorry for not being on topic with that one.
He's a mafia hit man...

Old 04-28-2004, 04:04 PM

They look like poop. Why get a 4x4 with 22's. Mabey a lowered truck

Quick Reply: 22" NEW PICS...as promised