Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Seems super fun!! Haha
Old 10-10-2012, 12:06 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Was a lot of fun
[IMG][/IMG]
Old 10-10-2012, 04:44 PM

real working baby winches on each side...
Old 10-10-2012, 05:09 PM

atv winches??? i wouldnt consider those much use unless u got utv winches even then you better be using a snatch block to loop back they would just barely be able to straight line
Old 10-10-2012, 08:05 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
Hey Did your rear bumper get caught on a rock or something? or did i miss that off of one of your last trips?

looking back when i 1st took over the runner. it was just gonna get a major tune up. fix all the leaks and make sure it was mechanically sound. than it was just gonna be my 4x4 snowboarding rig because i was getting tired of putting chains on my accord which does great in the snow btw. after one wheeling trip with some guys on the marlin board i was forever hooked. 2 years has gone and past. seems like i should have more done but so hard trying to keeping it with OEM parts and stock looking. i got a few changes for her soon.
I hear ya on that Stock look. you and Mark have some really clean looking trucks. i love both your rigs. I would like to say the same for my truck but i on the other hand want to do a bunch mods to it. Only exterior mods are the front and rear/tirecarrier bumpers, side skirts, and winch and roof rack. oh and the SAS with the lift. but other then that i plan to try to keep the rest as stock looking as possible haha! i know it'll change the whole look of the truck already. but im wanna make it custom to my linking the way you and Mark have done with your trucks.

Hopefully next year we can meet you guys out in big bear. My rig should be Sas'ed by the time you guys go again. I'll bring along a couple of off-road buddies. should be loads of fun.
Old 10-11-2012, 04:21 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
Originally Posted by racerflea
atv winches??? i wouldnt consider those much use unless u got utv winches even then you better be using a snatch block to loop back they would just barely be able to straight line
actually, it's a great idea. when you tip over, it doesn't take much to right yourself again. but a heavy truck is still heavy, so even a little 4,000 lbs of winch can certainly help
Old 10-11-2012, 06:22 AM

Yeah but a 4k utv winch is almost the same price of a 8k truck winch...not knocking thr idea i like the originality but unless u get 2 killer deals i think u would be better off with 1 center mounted 8k
Old 10-11-2012, 06:44 AM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
a couple of hf winches is all you'd really need. and besides, it looks hella cool!

toyo- i've been meaning to ask: what's the width like of the front wheels compared to the rear ones?
Old 10-13-2012, 11:01 AM

he has winches on all 4 sides. too bad he didnt need to use any lol

Originally Posted by Redeth005
Hey Did your rear bumper get caught on a rock or something? or did i miss that off of one of your last trips?

was from an old trip to brewer lake. the last section of monster rocks got my bumper. i dont mind because im in need of a better one anyways. just havent found anyone to make me one yet

I hear ya on that Stock look. you and Mark have some really clean looking trucks. i love both your rigs. I would like to say the same for my truck but i on the other hand want to do a bunch mods to it. Only exterior mods are the front and rear/tirecarrier bumpers, side skirts, and winch and roof rack. oh and the SAS with the lift. but other then that i plan to try to keep the rest as stock looking as possible haha! i know it'll change the whole look of the truck already. but im wanna make it custom to my linking the way you and Mark have done with your trucks.

Hopefully next year we can meet you guys out in big bear. My rig should be Sas'ed by the time you guys go again. I'll bring along a couple of off-road buddies. should be loads of fun.
once your done, you will surpass both our rigs combined lol. big bear sounds like fun, never been. might even bring my snowboard

Originally Posted by irab88
actually, it's a great idea. when you tip over, it doesn't take much to right yourself again. but a heavy truck is still heavy, so even a little 4,000 lbs of winch can certainly help
i just took a quick look at how it was mounted, i dont know if its mounted strong enough to do any tip over pulls. i could be wrong since he didnt tip over on the run.

Yeah but a 4k utv winch is almost the same price of a 8k truck winch...not knocking thr idea i like the originality but unless u get 2 killer deals i think u would be better off with 1 center mounted 8k
the 3k one from smittybilt is only $99 and 4k for $129. both on sale at 4wheelparts. he has winches front and rear as well

Originally Posted by irab88
a couple of hf winches is all you'd really need. and besides, it looks hella cool!

toyo- i've been meaning to ask: what's the width like of the front wheels compared to the rear ones?
ill have to get a picture but with aftermarket wheels. 15x8 3.75bs i think. 32x11.5x15 the front has no wheel spacers and the rear has 1.25 wheel spacers. the front wheels is about 4 inches past the top of the fender. the rear is like an inch or so.
Old 10-13-2012, 12:42 PM

Subbed!!! just found your thread and there are loads of great ideas in here, well done sir!
Old 10-13-2012, 01:23 PM

Originally Posted by 2DoorJoRunner
Subbed!!! just found your thread and there are loads of great ideas in here, well done sir!
thank you. you got a pretty clean runner yourself. cant wait to see what you got plan and how it will look with those new wheels
Old 10-13-2012, 04:10 PM

thank you. you got a pretty clean runner yourself. cant wait to see what you got plan and how it will look with those new wheels
Thanks man, I cant wait to see how it will all end up myself! You have by far the most useful and clear quality vids and photo's representing the blazeland stuff, gets that option back to the forefront of my mind for when its time to come back around to suspension.

Def like the Zombie lights rocker switch, Ill try really hard not to bite your style but that is pretty damn cool lol.
Old 10-13-2012, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by 2DoorJoRunner
Thanks man, I cant wait to see how it will all end up myself! You have by far the most useful and clear quality vids and photo's representing the blazeland stuff, gets that option back to the forefront of my mind for when its time to come back around to suspension.

Def like the Zombie lights rocker switch, Ill try really hard not to bite your style but that is pretty damn cool lol.
Every trip to the rocks help me decide what I was gonna do next. Never wanted to be over built and try to show off what can be done with ifs. Blazeland was aomething I didn't plan on getting so soon due to the lack of pictures of it in action. Don't see anyone using Blazeland on the rocks and mainly people that got it was for a better ride on the streets. Any chance I get to snap a phony of the long travel in action I will. Next I hope to have a video of it from the front showing it work on the rocks and how well it flexes. Keeping the front end very level. I been hooked on the whole end of the would thing plus zombies lol. My ideas are all for those that want to use. That's why I post up as much as I can
Old 10-14-2012, 05:41 PM

Old 10-25-2012, 09:55 PM

been a while since i done any mods so here we go. got these little leds that are very bright for its size. i only used 10 whites on the under side. still got 10 more whites im saving till i see a use plus 5 red i might use somewhere in the cab to help keep my night vision when lighting is needed. (red keeps your eyes from adjusting for more light)

i used 3M dual lock so i can move/remove them when needed. also used quick connects if one ever fails. i still need to wire in a switch and find a place for it

this is how they come all wired together

i rewired them for easier install

i might add one more in the middle front for future front camera

wont be adding any more to rear since i got plans for a custom rear bumper with lights

trail repairs at night wont be so dark anymore

Old 10-25-2012, 10:09 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Cool! you need a Zombie Flood Lights switch!
Old 10-26-2012, 05:48 AM

How much and where do you get those lights?
Old 10-26-2012, 06:14 AM

Received 307 Likes on 211 Posts
Thats cool. You can never have too much light!
Old 10-26-2012, 06:56 AM

Originally Posted by Grego92
Cool! you need a Zombie Flood Lights switch!
haha i wish. i just gonna get a rock light switch

Originally Posted by CDN-SMOKEJUMPER
How much and where do you get those lights?
i paid $40 shipped. took two weeks and heard you can get them from ebay for cheaper. only reason i went with this place was it shows up much faster but as you can see 2 weeks is not fast. ebay would have been around the same amount of time but would have to work on finding the same ones he is selling. anyways here is the link about people talking about them
http://www.pirate4x4.com/forum/misce...20-lights.html

heres the link to buy. comes in many colors and when i order them he threw in 5 more for free at any color
http://www.horsepowerjuice.com/led-lights.html

Originally Posted by rattlewagon
Thats cool. You can never have too much light!
i didnt see much night wheeling so i never got into the whole off road lights and rock lights. the last few times i been out, we had to wheel back down at night so i decided to jump on the light wagon and got mo lights. plus i can keep them on all night when camping for camp lights in a way
Old 10-26-2012, 09:24 AM

Omg wow This is the first email ive gotten for an update to your thread. i missed out alot of posts lol

Well to reply to your last comment to me, YES! snowboarding in big bear is the best. I usually hit up Big Bear or Snow Summit. They are both great. But i prefer the big bear one. Steeper trails = going faster! lol I actually plan to go snowboarding this year. I bought my snowboard/ gear 5 years ago and ive only used it 2ce since then. i havent gone back in 3 years! It is hard. but i definitely dont wanna put it off another year.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As for your Under LED light mod that is awesome. I never thought about needing lights under thr truck till you mentioned repairs on dark trails and i was like, "OHHHHHH YEA!!!!! That's so true!" that'll be really helpful to have. and Btw it reminds of The Fast and the Furious movies Hahaha
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
As far as surpassing Mark's and your Rigs combined lol I seriously doubt that. You guys have 2 of the cleanest trucks ive seen on YotaTech; But thanks for the load of confidence. I'll definitely try to get this baby looking as clean as i can possibly get it to look. I'm thinking about getting the few paint chips, scratches re painted and repaired and the giving it like 4-5 coats of wax to make it shine its beautiful Charcoal gray color! Heck i might even get a new 4Runner Camper, in better shape then mine, and have painted the same color as my truck the way BlakeFogt did. that made it look pretty clean too. Then all the fun additions will begin.

Woo man cant wait!

Quick Reply: ToyoTech559's 1988 4Runner Build-Up Thread