ToyoTech559's 1988 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-02-2012, 10:33 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
They sale those at Toyota! Sweet! Haha so do you play nazi zombies
Old 05-02-2012, 10:43 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Wow, you too? lol.... Seriously though.... WALKING DEAD, .....C'MONNNNNNNNNN ALREADY with the next season! lol.

Take care, man,.... cool Zombie Lights. Do they hypnotize them? lol.
IKNOW. i love the show and cant wait for more. 1st ever zombie tv series and its a HIT

Originally Posted by vang_22re
They sale those at Toyota! Sweet! Haha so do you play nazi zombies
the switches are from https://otrattw.com/products.php?cat=19
they sell the switch panel also
whats in the box will have to wait if you havent guessed whats in them yet. you guys know how i love to use Toyota parts. taking the best of what the newer models have and putting it in mine. like the 4runner coil springs n elocker hahha
whats nazi zombies. i wanna play
Old 05-03-2012, 06:14 AM

Yea, the government CDC has website on zombie preparedness, but has nothing about guns on the site. That's does make me feel safer. I do not invest in gold or silver, I put my money in lead......lol

Walking dead is the best show on zombies....
Old 05-03-2012, 08:54 AM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
chef

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1giVzxyoclE
Old 05-03-2012, 11:49 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
OUTSANE, FOLKS..... WINNER, WINNER, CHICKEN DINNER! HAHAHAHA.

Yep, one of my ALL TIME favorite Crime/Thriller flix!

If you liked Se7en, try another that I've mentioned.... "Suspect Zero".... Ben Kingsley is GREAT in that(was great in "Sexy Beast" and many others as well).. It's no Se7en... but was great, nonetheless.

Sorry, thread diversion ended, PROMISE! lol.
Old 05-03-2012, 08:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
whats nazi zombies. i wanna play
Oh my gosh. How can you say you like zombies and not know what this is?

On topic, this is one of my favorite 4Runners on here. Great Build!
Old 05-03-2012, 09:06 PM

Hahaha nazi zombies is from CALL OF DUTY. PS3 or X-BOX. FUN! Haha I think I kinda have an idea of what is in the box. But from here till you reveal the secret lets all guess what is it maybe the closes yotatech-er get a prize hahaha

I guess is special made zombie bullets made from Toyota??? Haha
Old 05-03-2012, 09:30 PM

thanks zelephant
oh i have played the zombie game on COD. its pretty hard but i dont play much anymore.
i got some info about my rumbling sound from 4crawler thru PM. will talk more about them after i get some stuff done. the driveshaft is at a driveline shop getting balanced.

got these bad boys installed. finds out that they are just hella 500. well these say hella comet 500 on the back. made in germany. got all the wires ran just need to hook them up..

had to trim this mounting spot. honestly, you could just cut it off complete as it the gauge cover will still stay on tight without it

installed. the bottom sticks out VERY little but it works. i think i need to trim something else but not sure. it was getting dark and the cover will stay pretty flush once i get the screws installed

Old 05-03-2012, 10:02 PM

It look like it was made to be there
Old 05-03-2012, 10:26 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
That switch install looks clean and factory, nice. Lucky duck....i gotta settle for harbor freight cheapo off-road lights to install tomorrow. But I like that zombie switch! I might get one.
Old 05-04-2012, 05:17 AM

Received 307 Likes on 211 Posts
Nice work on the switches. They look right at home there!
Old 05-04-2012, 10:14 AM

X1458, ... looks clean/factory/dope/sick/OMGOSH/......etc., .... now, where you livin so I can hypnotize you to leave the keys in the............. Wait, others are watching here, ...NVM hehehehe.... JK, GREAT JOB, as usual hahahaa, ... you now I'm just makin funnies! lol.

L8r dude!
Old 05-05-2012, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by vang_22re
It look like it was made to be there
thanks. i was trying to use the factory elocker switch but its only an on off switch.

Originally Posted by Grego92
That switch install looks clean and factory, nice. Lucky duck....i gotta settle for harbor freight cheapo off-road lights to install tomorrow. But I like that zombie switch! I might get one.
that was the goal. i see the harbor freight off road lights. at 7.99 each. they are super bright

Originally Posted by rattlewagon
Nice work on the switches. They look right at home there!
haha yea right at home after some work to the dash. cant wait to use them when on the trail

X1458, ... looks clean/factory/dope/sick/OMGOSH/......etc., .... now, where you livin so I can hypnotize you to leave the keys in the............. Wait, others are watching here, ...NVM hehehehe.... JK, GREAT JOB, as usual hahahaa, ... you now I'm just makin funnies! lol.

L8r dude!
thanks. i need to keep an out out for you now.

a few kids moved down the street from me and have some 4x4 and a toyota SAS. looks like they rent the place but im not sure. might have to hit them up and see if they wheel their junk or just like the locals here with full size lifted chevy cruise around the mall

i really didnt want to use any aftermarket switches but seeing as the oem locker switch wasnt gonna work without getting my cousin involved (electrical engineer) was only gonna use the aftermarket elocker switch but wouldnt fit in the spot where the clutch cancel switch was. figure if i have to cut, might as well add more switches so i do it only once. this idea wasnt mine to began with. i see it on someones build page here on yotatech a long time ago but dont know who now
Old 05-05-2012, 11:48 AM

I hear ya... Glad you have someone at your disposal to hands on help ya figure that out! Wish I did for my 'dilemma'(I do, they just want HUNDREDS OF DOLLARSSSSSSSSSSSSS) hehe.
Old 05-05-2012, 11:52 AM

That looks awesome!, nice work, ....also really like the stripe decals on your rig.
Old 05-08-2012, 01:03 PM

Dang dude, you did an awesome job on installing the switch panel. What did you cut the dash with?
Old 05-09-2012, 07:15 PM

I hear ya... Glad you have someone at your disposal to hands on help ya figure that out! Wish I did for my 'dilemma'(I do, they just want HUNDREDS OF DOLLARSSSSSSSSSSSSS) hehe.
it does help to have help sometimes but most of the help have been on here and google...

Originally Posted by sc87yota
That looks awesome!, nice work, ....also really like the stripe decals on your rig.
thanks. i love the stripes. i think its the best one toyota ever used. you runner is coming along nicely with the SAS

Originally Posted by cr@ves4wheelin
Dang dude, you did an awesome job on installing the switch panel. What did you cut the dash with?
thanks. i just used a dremel i got from costco. i cut it slightly smaller than the panel and used a sanding wheel to expand it just enough for the panel to fit. i did have to remove some plastic not show because the wires need room haha
Old 05-11-2012, 07:14 PM

well today, works been slow and decided to install some new motor mounts since i did the trans mount which was coming apart. reason for the motor mounts was the old was are probably old and snagging down. new ones will bring the engine up which in turns till the rear t-case down a little bit to help with my drive line angle. this was not the fix for my drive line noise and axle shims will. i wanna make sure everything up front was new and where its gonna be for a long time so the axle shim i pick now wont change down the line cuz the motor mounts. after inspected the mounts. they are starting to come apart so it was needed to be replaced anyways. never will i do these mounts, atleast the passanger side. due to my headers and the starter. it was extemely hard to raise the motor high enough without the headers hitting the body to slide the mount out. i even loosen the body mounts and raised the body with no luck. the mounting bracket to the block needed to be removed. since the a/c compressor over there, the a/c has to come out to remove it. well i just removed three bolts and loosen the bolt that shares with the a/c compressor. this allowed me to turn the bracket high enough to remove and install the new mount. took me like 2-3 hours at work on a lift with two screw jacks... during the process of lifting the body, i pushed up the rocker panel a little bit.. so sad.. the driver side took me like 5 mins. just raised the engine and the mount was out..

old mounts. oh the the top bushing is from my passanger side upper control arm. during the motor mount install, i noticed the bushing was just about out of the arm. looks like i will be going Long Travel alot sooner.

no bushing. drove fine and didnt noise any noises.. lol wonder how long its been like this

finally new motor mounts

Old 05-15-2012, 04:26 PM

Nice build.
I was reading rattlewagon's build when I saw this...
Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
nice videos. too bad your going SA... love see other IFS wheelers. ill be staying IFS forever. looking to LT
I feel the same way...so I had to check it out.

very clean rig man!

Subscribed

-RONI-

:banger
Old 05-15-2012, 04:41 PM

Originally Posted by AssYriaNrocKer
Nice build.
I was reading rattlewagon's build when I saw this...

I feel the same way...so I had to check it out.

very clean rig man!

Subscribed

-RONI-

:banger
i wouldnt mind going SA but i just dont see myself doing any hardcore rockcrawling. also i need it to travel some distance and IFS is much better for my back. got the paperwork from blazeland. just need to fill it out and send it in.

Quick Reply: ToyoTech559's 1988 4Runner Build-Up Thread