86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ToyoTech559's 1988 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2012, 06:54 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by vang_22re
That's a lot more snow than I though. That dead end road look almost like the road to donkey creek by the bridge. But it look nice up there. Hopefully them wont flake this time haha
never been to donkey creek... hope the snow stays for a while lol. so far they are down to go this sunday lol will see huh

Originally Posted by jswizz
Wow ! you Went off on the back of your truck Toyotech559, looks good , verrry interesting ,hope it hold up for you while 4x4ing.
thanks. i want a roof rack but havent found the best way of doing one. this will work for now. i plan on taking it off tomorrow and making it stronger. this was more of a test fit and what not. find out this sunday if it holds up

Originally Posted by irab88
1) nice cargo area. very clean and organized

2) you just became more awesome for having that crossbow

3) your ratchet set is missing the 3/8 drawer
1: yeah im a pretty clean and organized type of person. hate having to look for anything and i like to have most my stuff in the truck easy to access
2: got to have a crossbow if i plan on keeping the Zombie Response Team sticker on the tail gate lol
3: i have it out, i was working on my other car at the same time. thanks haha
Old 02-03-2012, 07:01 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Damn if I have the front 4:56 in. I'll be down to go too plus better tires haha
Old 02-03-2012, 10:16 PM

Damn if I have the front 4:56 in. I'll be down to go too plus better tires haha
is your current front and rear gearing matching? if so. LETS GO lol if not is the 4.56 just a diff swap. if so. should take long. u have all day saturday.
Old 02-04-2012, 07:42 AM

Front diff is still 410. I got to run all over the place on saturday then im going to attend a super bowl party on sunday even tough i dont really care for it this year hahaha but you guys go ahead. The truck should be realdy next weekend...i hope haha
Old 02-04-2012, 09:19 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow, looks great back there, man! ...............Ok, now you know what I meant hahahahaha.

Seriously, great kit! I know, the kit never ends/stops being updated/upgraded.... but you're doing nicely there, man!

Have a safe time.... get lots of pics!

Hopefully we can all hit the Sierras one time, and especially The Alabama Hills and Owens Dry Lake/the Dunes and DEFINITELY Keough Hot Springs Maybe even Mammoth Hot Creek! WOOT, I can't WAIT to be able to get out there again, ya know? ......grrrr, dang 'life'! LOL.
Old 02-04-2012, 04:32 PM

Front diff is still 410. I got to run all over the place on saturday then im going to attend a super bowl party on sunday even tough i dont really care for it this year hahaha but you guys go ahead. The truck should be realdy next weekend...i hope haha
should be fine lol just run it in 2wd lol. jk. i wanted to go today so i can watch a little bit of the superbowl but i take snow wheeling any day

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Wow, looks great back there, man! ...............Ok, now you know what I meant hahahahaha.

Seriously, great kit! I know, the kit never ends/stops being updated/upgraded.... but you're doing nicely there, man!

Have a safe time.... get lots of pics!

Hopefully we can all hit the Sierras one time, and especially The Alabama Hills and Owens Dry Lake/the Dunes and DEFINITELY Keough Hot Springs Maybe even Mammoth Hot Creek! WOOT, I can't WAIT to be able to get out there again, ya know? ......grrrr, dang 'life'! LOL.
thanks. for sure. give a month or two in advance and i would love to hit up some trails with you
Old 02-04-2012, 07:56 PM

More pictures!!! If you go that is haha
Old 02-04-2012, 09:04 PM

More pictures!!! If you go that is haha
its a go!! camera batteries charged. solar panel and connectors on dash just in case!
Old 02-04-2012, 09:06 PM

geared and gased up. drove around after doing some finishing touches to the 1st "INTERIOR CARGO BASKET" haha stays in place and doesnt move at all. its all painted up, same color as my wheels. i love it!!

Old 02-05-2012, 06:04 AM

Nice Toyotech 559 > That cargo rack looks fnctional and way better in black,cant wait to see if it holds up great idea !
Old 02-05-2012, 06:58 AM

Originally Posted by jswizz
Nice Toyotech 559 > That cargo rack looks fnctional and way better in black,cant wait to see if it holds up great idea !
thanks its actually a metallic gray. similar to gun metal i guess. will see how it holds up today when i go snow wheeling.
Old 02-05-2012, 10:19 AM

"Help, help, there's a man with a flashy Orange Hatchet and crossbow chasing my pet Boar around the woods!" hehehe.

NICE! Like inside cage Awesome Idea, likey!
Old 02-05-2012, 06:45 PM

Looks great! I sure hope you got an alarm. Theres alot of money just sitting there in plain view and it wouldnt be very hard to break a window and grab everything
Old 02-05-2012, 07:55 PM

I love your rig. I think it has the perfect balance of a nice suv and offroad. Its looks great
Old 02-05-2012, 09:04 PM

"Help, help, there's a man with a flashy Orange Hatchet and crossbow chasing my pet Boar around the woods!" hehehe.

NICE! Like inside cage Awesome Idea, likey!
haha thanks. i still want a roof rack but too much trouble right now as it wont fit in my garage without removal every time. so this is my way around it for now

Originally Posted by drmix
Looks great! I sure hope you got an alarm. Theres alot of money just sitting there in plain view and it wouldnt be very hard to break a window and grab everything
thanks. i do got a two way pager and what not (cant say lol) i done alarm install so my stuff is top notch haha. its not a DD so im not worried plus its no different than having it on the roof everyone else does it. plus i can remove them quickly if needed

Originally Posted by lemons17771
I love your rig. I think it has the perfect balance of a nice suv and offroad. Its looks great
thank you. it is a great SUV and offroader. so far i love it. still alot of work i want done to it tho haha who doesnt right..
Old 02-05-2012, 09:43 PM

so i made it to the top without any help but the last climb. guess not being regeared and automatic trans didnt help. guess the trans was getting hot since i did do alot of a steep climbs at low speeds cuz i could lol. anyways the last climb wasnt any steeper than any of the previous ones but we where pretty high up so lack of power maybe? poorly geared made it to hard and the engine was just spinning the torque converter instead of the wheels. i had to winch up to one tree than other one. where i finally made the last 600 feet or so on its own weak power haha.
so i need to regear ASAP. also learned i like to leap before i look. so i need a belly skid plate and i also like to think i have good clearance and bashed my lower crossbar for the lower arms and diff into a HUGE rock lol. so i need a front skid as well
didnt get to many pictures of me since i was leading and was helping out alot. gf didnt wanna get out too much since it was COLD haha
winch was used many times and worked great. i need to learn how to rewind the cable so its tight every time

start of the trail

Interior Cargo Rack worked perfectly

friend climbing a slick area

top view

follow the leader ME

i made it over this but i didnt look on the other side and just went for it. i banged up the underside a bit lol buddy didnt do so well, high center and noticed the bald tires on bald mountain haha he did really well btw

where to big hump was located. we ended up finding a way around but i had to winch up the last two

further up the trail

Finally made it to the top. had a nice BBQ

otw back down and it was getting DARK quick lol was dark before we made it back to the road haha only one had a SA but we were all fairly low and under built

Last edited by ToyoTech559; 02-05-2012 at 09:48 PM.
Old 02-05-2012, 11:42 PM

Great pics, Toyo! Glad no MAJOR carnage, sorry bout the lil bit/and the drama with the Torque Converter. Looks like a great time!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:00 PM

I would have been winched all the way to the top if I went hahaha seems like a great time getting more snow this week...yeah!!
Old 02-06-2012, 05:08 PM

Great pics, Toyo! Glad no MAJOR carnage, sorry bout the lil bit/and the drama with the Torque Converter. Looks like a great time!
if i can just get my butt of this computer. i just need to regear and get that out of the way so i can order some skid plates

I would have been winched all the way to the top if I went hahaha seems like a great time getting more snow this week...yeah!!
the winch was put to the test. i used a bunch of times. not sure how much more snow since its only gonna rain tomorrow and sunny from there on out
Old 02-06-2012, 06:23 PM

Yea I know mayb more in the next couple of weeks. I jope

Quick Reply: ToyoTech559's 1988 4Runner Build-Up Thread