86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Terrys87 86 4Runner with a 2nd Chance

Search this Thread

Old 09-30-2012, 07:21 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Got the valance on and tailgate. I am down to 2 more tote bins, the panels laying in the shop, and what is inside the runner. If I can get a day to just do all of the smaller things done, it will make a hug difference.
Old 09-30-2012, 11:51 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
she looks really awesome terry im envious

i can say this if the rear seals are leaking it wont leave ya with a spongy peddle but just really ineffective back brakes possibly need to bleed the system?
Old 10-02-2012, 09:10 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Originally Posted by Cyberhorn The Dragon
she looks really awesome terry im envious

i can say this if the rear seals are leaking it wont leave ya with a spongy peddle but just really ineffective back brakes possibly need to bleed the system?
Thanks Cyberhorn..There is ALOT of work into it and ALOT more to go. I just keep getting one thing a day done and mayyybe it will be done someday. Naw!! That will never happen.

I know I got some serious brake issue that need looked into. I am going to upgrade the brakes anyways as I do alot of pulling so probably just get it all wrapped up at once.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:15 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Shes is legal. Will be awhile before I consider her roadworthy, but it will get there. Got the tags on today and doggie always follows me around. Guess he wanted in the picture.

Some other parts I hav been working on. The tailgate piece I tried to clean up and all attempts failed. I wound up just using a wet rag with thinner on it and gave it a shot of clear coat. Also did get the backglass in and that was about it. The PO had the handle mechanisim all torn apart and I still have to get that working. Been spending alot of time on the 88 pickup will update it soon.
Old 10-02-2012, 09:36 AM

handle looks good id say the shot of clear was exactly what it needed
Old 10-04-2012, 02:18 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Thanks Cyberhorn..I was starting to worry as I had to clean it bck up with thinner and lucked out on that.hehe.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:21 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

I am still determined to get something done on my runner so I got my inner fenders and mud flaps on. I have 5 rusty fenders and luckily I hadnt chunked them. It took every one of them to come up with enough clips and screws to get them on. Even the 85 had to donate one to the cause. I know have those screws and clips on the list.
Old 10-04-2012, 02:32 PM

now see at that angle with the light hitting it the paint does look like blueberry
wow its smooth after being wetsanded an buffed.. need to buy paint have terry paint mine...
Old 10-04-2012, 10:19 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Really nice truck, Terry you should get the vehicle badges from Japan HILUX SURF type 4runner, Japanese license plates......

Old 10-06-2012, 10:41 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Originally Posted by Cyberhorn The Dragon
now see at that angle with the light hitting it the paint does look like blueberry
wow its smooth after being wetsanded an buffed.. need to buy paint have terry paint mine...
Thanks Cyberhorn..I am slowly but surely getting it smoothed out. It is so much nicer when it goes on smooth the first time. At least it was in the clear coat and that part is fixable, not fast, but fixable. It doesnt appear the same color twice with the metallic in it, I am liking it more and more everyday. Think once I get everything finished and waxed, it ought to be alot better.

Had a guy to drive by the house the other day and nearly break his neck doing a double take. Come on down, I have the spray gun ready,lol.

Originally Posted by RMP8080
Really nice truck, Terry you should get the vehicle badges from Japan HILUX SURF type 4runner, Japanese license plates......

Hello Bill..The number of chances to get those badges and I didnt think it would go well here in the States, I am really kicking myself in the butt. I almost had to go back overseas just recently so my number is coming up again for trip number 7 on an all expense paid government vaction to the sandbox in a year or two and this time I am going to get everyone of them that I can grab.

I did really well on the last trip I was on as Toyotas get abandoned over there all of the time. The last time I was there someone flipped a nice gold 3rd gen and just left it on the roadside. The desert enviroment really preserves them well over there.
Old 10-06-2012, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

They changed Photobucket so I am having to go figure it back out. I am slow to change so will see how this goes on posting pics. When I first got the runner started, I couldnt wait to see how it drove. I checked everything out, so I thought, and took it on its first run, no windshield, no lights, no insurance, not in my name, and one of my neighbors just laughed at me and gave me the thumbs up when I drove by and I heard a clank. My acces plate was left on the right front upper A arm and the rear tire flattend it out. I finally got a replacement for it and got it cleaned up. One more thing to add to it. I am trying to wrap up the pick up and get back on my runner.

Think I have Photobucket figured out, I dont like the changes,grrr.
Old 10-07-2012, 11:44 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Uh oh.... gotta take a look at PBucket... wasn't aware they changed it. I DID know that my 'one click copy' went away on the album page.... And so did the 'drop down' links... Now it just shows the links all the time. Copy/Paste, ... s'no big deal, but less convenient when posting 20 pics, etc. That happened as soon as I rebooted one time and the Adobe Flash Player FINALLY had set up a WORKING update! hehehe.

Nice work straightening that out(not that you WANTED to have to in the first place, hahaha)... I could just see it, "Hey, nice work, Terry..", ... Vroooooom, "YEAH, she's looking better, right? I just wanna try to take a quick roll up the ........" ....... KERPLUNK-INKITY-TING-TING-TING, as it bounces off the suspension and then under the rear tire! haha... LOOKS FANTASTIC, GEEESH! How do you do that, MAN!?!?!?!?
Old 10-10-2012, 06:30 AM

Just couldn't stand seeing this thread so far down the page. Bumped d bump back to the top. Can't wait t
Old 10-11-2012, 02:29 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Hello Jason...I am supposed to go get front bumper tomorrow as the other day didnt work out for me and the guy I talked to off of Clist so am hoping for a better day tomorrow. He say he might have a rear bumper as well. I am hoping.

I plan "L" trims as soon as possible and get on the front brakes. I have the parts, just trying to get the pickup done and out of here so I can get back on my runner. Also am trying to get a 87 22r 2WD for a fix and sell to help speed my runners build up alot faster. I really want back on my runner.

When I do have it out and strangers go by I do get alot of comments on it. Some that seen what it was like when I first started on it are really surprised when I tell them it is the same truck. One guy about broke his neck when he drove by looking at it.

I have been slowly working on polishing out the paint but nothing really picture worthy at this time.
Old 10-11-2012, 06:39 PM

oh i can just imagine what she'll look like when the rims are all shined an paints complete gona be a stunning runner
Old 10-12-2012, 05:12 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Hello Cyberhorn...I am ready to get back after it. I have been getting supplies built back up so when I do get after it, things should make a little difference. Got plenty that I want to do, just need to get the truck done.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:14 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Got my new to me bumper and end caps. Just needs a little shining and paint the black items black. Now I just need to come up with a rear bumper. Slowly gettng there.
Old 10-12-2012, 05:56 PM

oooh shes so purdy as a new shiny dollah coin!

i was looking at my dented an bent one sitting on the well house roof as i had to nail a couple boards back down on its roof (need to get tar paper an shingles on it) wishing i had a new one LOL
Old 10-12-2012, 09:35 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Where'd the bumper come from, man? Nice!
Old 10-22-2012, 01:18 PM

just cant stand to see this thrad so far down the page, I know first hand how busy you have been the past few days so I thought I would give it a bump to the top lol. thanks for all your help man. hope you get steves truck done soon and get back on this one.

Quick Reply: Terrys87 86 4Runner with a 2nd Chance