86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

JordanLawrence's 86 22re extra cab pickup build up thread

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2012, 09:38 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
WHAT you got a Delorean too. if so that is awesome. you could redo the movie haha. anyways truck looks awesome.
Haha no its a friends
Old 06-02-2012, 10:00 PM

Looks like it just came off the factory floor in Japan....lol, nice job what to paint my runner?
Old 06-03-2012, 11:05 AM

Nice looking truck. Everything turned out perfect.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:23 AM

Originally Posted by RMP8080
Looks like it just came off the factory floor in Japan....lol, nice job what to paint my runner?
Thanks! I didn't paint the truck. My friend Rick did. He's the man!
Old 06-03-2012, 11:25 AM

Originally Posted by vang_22re
Nice looking truck. Everything turned out perfect.
Thanks! I keep on modifying stuff I still wanna do a new carpet kit and I need to charge my ac system
Old 06-03-2012, 11:37 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Wow, great job, Jordan! That's funny, I didn't realize when seeing the "Painted the Bed" Portion on the "what did you do to your rig today" thread that the 'MORE FINISHED' look here was the same truck, hahaha... Guess cuz we're all scribeded there, I didn't put 2 and 2 together, lol.

Now wait,... who's delorean? BTTF? I don't wanna look it up, what's a BTTF?

GREAT paint job, man! WANNA DO MINE? LOL.
Old 06-03-2012, 11:40 AM

OOOH, yes, charge the AC, ...but re'seal it first with new o-rings, and get a NEW Drier, OEM, from www.dealerdirectparts.com or one of those dealer-online guys. Don't use the "R134A with Sealer" stuff... Every AC tech has told me that sealer stuff clogs the tiny ports in the dash portion of the system? Something like that... It ends up causing further leaks and even damage IIRC from what they told me. Either way, that'll be nice, eh? Get the frigid going in there all summer! lol.

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 06-03-2012 at 11:41 AM.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
BTTF Back To The Future!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Wow, great job, Jordan! That's funny, I didn't realize when seeing the "Painted the Bed" Portion on the "what did you do to your rig today" thread that the 'MORE FINISHED' look here was the same truck, hahaha... Guess cuz we're all scribeded there, I didn't put 2 and 2 together, lol.

Now wait,... who's delorean? BTTF? I don't wanna look it up, what's a BTTF?

GREAT paint job, man! WANNA DO MINE? LOL.
Ya man! I actually didn't paint it I just helped it my friend do it. But yeah thanks. I'm so excited about driving it.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/showthread.php?t=254006
There is my build up thread.
Old 06-03-2012, 12:19 PM

OOOH, yes, charge the AC, ...but re'seal it first with new o-rings, and get a NEW Drier, OEM, from www.dealerdirectparts.com or one of those dealer-online guys. Don't use the "R134A with Sealer" stuff... Every AC tech has told me that sealer stuff clogs the tiny ports in the dash portion of the system? Something like that... It ends up causing further leaks and even damage IIRC from what they told me. Either way, that'll be nice, eh? Get the frigid going in there all summer! lol.
Yeah thanks. Mine was working fine but once the truck sat for 3 months while we were fixing it up now the ac blows warm but the compressors still moving so I hopE it's an easy fix. I am not sure if it's still using r-12 but I need to get it working again!
Old 06-03-2012, 12:42 PM

You need to find out if it's R12 in there or not. If you're just going to go to R134A then you need to have it TOTALLY Evacuated AFTER you pull the top/high and low valves off the compressor and change the o-rings under there. Since you're changing to R134A(if you were) than you just get the according o-rings as the oils from either type eat the others seals. You also need a new drier, cuz you'll have it open to air momentarily(and cuz it's just HIGHLY recommended maintenance, ya know?).

You can get all the o-rings you'll need from the dealer, and they'll know which of the ones they have are for R12 or 134. I replaced all of them for fairly cheap+a bit of effort, lol. BE SURE you change the ones on the compressor, there's 4 large ones. There are 3 different sizes, btw....So it's best to get the diagram from the dealer/have them print it out and then order accordingly.

Best wishes on that, man... Again, it looks incredible! Now, .... to fix the lil things unseen, right? lol

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 06-03-2012 at 01:05 PM.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:49 PM

You need to find out if it's R12 in there or not. If you're just going to go to R134A then you need to have it TOTALLY Evacuated AFTER you pull the top/high and low valves off the compressor and change the o-rings under there. Since you're changing to R134A(if you were) than you just get the according o-rings as the oils from either type eat the others seals. You also need a new drier, cuz you'll have it open to air momentarily(and cuz it's just HIGHLY recommended maintenance, ya know?).

You can get all the o-rings you'll need from the dealer, and they'll know which of the ones they have are for R12 or 134. I replaced all of them for fairly cheap+a bit of effort, lol. BE SURE you change the ones on the compressor, there's 4 large ones. There are 3 different sizes, btw....So it's best to get the diagram from the dealer/have them print it out and then order accordingly.

Best wishes on that, man... Again, it looks incredible! Now, .... to fix the lil things unseen, right? lol
Thanks man, I looked at the LOW nozzle to add the r-12 and it had an adapter already attached so I just added the 134 and now it's blowing cOld!!!
Old 06-03-2012, 02:50 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
you dont have to change the orings if you run the correct oil when changing to R134
Old 06-03-2012, 02:52 PM

Ahhh, ok

Well, if, for some reason(LEAKS, lol), it leaks out within a few months again.... I would suspect those large o-rings on the compressor, first. If you do pull them to inspect, just plug it up tight(the line) within a second or two and you should be fine on the Drier, etc. Mine had held an R12 charge for months, .... I used it on the Colorado River in Needles, etc., all summer... But as it sat for a few weeks, it leaked out. First thing I noticed when pulling the high side valve off the compressor was that one of the o-rings were COMPROMISED! lol. That's the only place I saw evidence of oil residue, etc.
Old 06-03-2012, 02:57 PM

Ahhh, ok

Well, if, for some reason(LEAKS, lol), it leaks out within a few months again.... I would suspect those large o-rings on the compressor, first. If you do pull them to inspect, just plug it up tight(the line) within a second or two and you should be fine on the Drier, etc. Mine had held an R12 charge for months, .... I used it on the Colorado River in Needles, etc., all summer... But as it sat for a few weeks, it leaked out. First thing I noticed when pulling the high side valve off the compressor was that one of the o-rings were COMPROMISED! lol. That's the only place I saw evidence of oil residue, etc.
That must b my problem. Maybe that's why it leaked before already.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:02 PM

Oh I can't be sure on your rig, lol... But it's a likely suspect because it's not fitted into a flange nut/pipe connection like the rest.... It's like the o-ring gasket for the intake coolant pipe that ties in on the underside.... Those hardly ever leak, either... UNTIL YOU REMOVE THAT PIPE, lol. Obviously the denso freon o-rings are different material, etc., but it mounts just like that one, by compression/slipping over a non-threaded flange. I have pics I can find for ya, if you ever get to that point and need them, lol.
Old 06-03-2012, 03:12 PM

Old 06-03-2012, 03:20 PM

The valves that leak on the compressor for many guys>>>

The valve off the compressor>>>

The leaker and Denso(?) replacement replacement from a good guy who owns an AC shop>>>

Some Toyota AC o-rings..>>>>

OOOh, another big thing that should be replaced when charging an empty system>>>
Old 06-03-2012, 05:05 PM

dang thanks.. now i know what's going on there a lil more!
Old 06-03-2012, 07:19 PM

Hahahaa... Sure, no problem! I'll leave it be from here on out... Just giving you an idea so you can flash back if it leaks out quickly or something... "OH YEAH, I can do that refresh in one day, gotta flash back in my thread", hehehe. See ya man (I'll be watching, just L8r for now, lol)

Quick Reply: JordanLawrence's 86 22re extra cab pickup build up thread