86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

dark_fairytales 1986 Pickup Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-06-2012, 02:02 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Dang dark I just picked up a used kit.... BUt it was from ccraviotto. Sorry to hear about that man.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:11 AM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by BlazeN8
Yes this is troubling! I can't believe two Blazeland rigs stolen in August. I have had a couple of people contact me about buying missing components for used Blazeland Kits, but their story about who, what, where, when, all checked out. The only exception was with a guy in Australia who contact me about a used kit he bought and was looking for T-100 CV axles (unobtainable down under). His story seemed bunk. I only sold one kit in Australia so its not to difficult to spot a BS story. I think he bought a knock off?
I do stamp some identification numbers on Blazeland components. If said items are up for sale then get all the information you can on the seller without arousing suspicion and get hold of Dark or Craves or me for verification. Lets get these loosers.
I new when I saw that I have Blazeland kit #13 it was bad news, LOL. I with I had Collector-car-insurance on my rig; I was looking into doing so; since I was no long diving the yota daily.

P.s. I'll need to order another Blazeland LT kit in the future BlazeN8

Originally Posted by B-yodaful
Dang dark I just picked up a used kit.... BUt it was from ccraviotto. Sorry to hear about that man.
Thanks, for the concern man. I guess I should be more upset then I am, but it is just a truck; although all my time, and money is now gone with the theft. I will get another and build it better then ever.
Old 09-11-2012, 08:37 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Build a 4Runner this time!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:20 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
HaHa, lucky number 13! In all seriousness, Blazeland kit #13 is up in Fairbanks Alaska last I heard! You were kit #46. You almost made it to your one year anniversary!
Old 09-11-2012, 03:40 PM

That's cool you know the numbers. What number do I have Nate?
Old 09-11-2012, 07:46 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
I've had a few different numbers. The Fordota had #001 which was the prototype. Then it had #002 which was also a prototype- a hybrid of the Rancho design, that creation had 14" of travel but was 2WD only. The Fordota currently has production #007. The 4 Runner had #001 for a short time and is currently rolling on #027. Amazingly #001 is still in use on a rig in Longview, Washington. #002 is sitting on a shelf, but it could be operational.
Old 09-11-2012, 09:36 PM

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
Build a 4Runner this time!
I thought about it, but I have plans to maybe swap a 2004 taco double cab on to a 89-95 extended pick-up chassis.
Old 09-12-2012, 12:01 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
never installed a kill switch???

Someone tried stealing my truggy a month ago, got some stuff out of the cab nothing much but FAILED to steal it. hidden switch 1, piece of #$%&&%#$$%^&$ .. zero
Old 09-13-2012, 09:10 PM

Originally Posted by drew303
never installed a kill switch???

Someone tried stealing my truggy a month ago, got some stuff out of the cab nothing much but FAILED to steal it. hidden switch 1, piece of #$%&&%#$$%^&$ .. zero
Yep, I forgot to unplug the fuel pump
Old 09-13-2012, 11:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
dang sorry man.. god that sucks. I hate people

I've made it a serious habbit to kill my rig when i park it. Hell i even took the stereo plate off that night, i didnt like where it was parked.

When ive parked it for more than a few days ive even take the dizzy wire off haha, basically just take everything but the truck at least
Old 11-04-2012, 10:47 PM

Okay, I am back again. It has been some time since I have been on YT. School takes up a lot of my time with writing (to my surprise I am told I am an exceptional writer ). Working full time does not help me out with projects or time, but I sure can save money.

Life was going very well for me before my truck got stolen. I bought a second car so I could really dedicate working on my truck, although we all know what happened one month after buying the car.

Here is what I bought

It is an 87 supra with a 7MGE and a five speed tranny. As some of you know, I have been dreaming of a 7M swap for several years, and I still plan to swap this amazing engine into my next rig.

I am planning on getting an 89-95 Extended Cab Pick-up. Still wanting to swap the 7M into this truck causes some problems, because of dumb Cali laws ( Cali says you can not put an older engine into a newer model year vehicle ). So, I have to build this rig to be smog exempt which in the end will be awesome.

To keep a vehicle smog exempt, and still keep it legal on the street; I must get my next rig classified as a kit car. To classify a production vehicle as a kit car One must build the vehicle using three separate vin-numbers. I have one vin-number already which is the 7MGE that is in the Supra now. The second vin-number will be the next truck I buy. And for the third vin-number I will buy a Double Cab from a donor 2004 Tacoma.

I will have the opportunity to build an astonishing toyota with this plan. The modern looks of an 04 Double Cab Tacoma on a longtravel 90's Extended Cab frame powered by an inline six work of art, while being smog exempt for life.

The build thread will start as soon as I get an Extended Cap 90's Pick-up. I will also fallow my original plan that I was doing with the 86 Longbed that includes body lift, Longtravel, etc.

What do you think of my future build?

Last edited by dark_fairytales; 11-04-2012 at 10:50 PM.
Old 11-06-2012, 05:32 AM

Received 307 Likes on 211 Posts
I think the future build sounds sweet!

Kind of a shame to pull the motor out of that supra.. Looks like its in great shape.
Old 11-06-2012, 10:25 PM

Originally Posted by rattlewagon
I think the future build sounds sweet!

Kind of a shame to pull the motor out of that supra.. Looks like its in great shape.
Yes, it is kind of a shame, the supra is in really good condition, and I plan on pulling many part from it to used for my rig:
Steering Wheel
Diff.
Fuel tank
maybe the dashboard.
Old 11-09-2012, 08:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Just went through your thread. Nicely done, thanks. I was particularly interested in the Chevy leaf swap because I may do something similar with F150 springs on my rig.
Sorry to hear about your truck. What a shock. I cant imagine how you felt.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:12 PM

cant wait to see the KIT ride. i have heard about the smog exempt deal using three vins. i have only heard of one person that has done it. to get insurance on it, they ask or go by how much the vehicle is worth. find a vehicle that is worth around that value and label it as that for the insurance papers only. this can be a problem if you get pulled over when the reg and insurance papers says two different vehicle so you have to explain to the cop. in the end, to never smog is worth it
Old 11-09-2012, 09:15 PM

There is no way I can describe the feeling I had when I saw the truck was stolen. It is one thing to think about the money I had invested in to the truck. But, it is the theft of my time, and hard work that feels truly disappointing. In time there will be a new truck in my life, and I hope I that this future rig will get to the point where I can feel almost finished with it. So, I sit here dreaming and pondering my next build.

As for the chevy swap, my springs were really stiff, but flexed really good. Recently I talk to a guy I bought some brake parts from, and he said the f150 springs rid much softer. He also told me Dave's off-road make custom chevy's that are not as stiff. I may end up with deaver springs for my next rig, only time will tell.

I should not have any issues with insurance. I will be getting collector car insurance on the future rig, because I will not be driving it as a DD anymore.

Last edited by dark_fairytales; 11-09-2012 at 09:22 PM.
Old 11-09-2012, 09:26 PM

three weeks or so ago i had my 94 honda accord coupe stolen. i had this for about 10 years and put over 200000 miles on it. when it was stolen the odo read 400000+ miles. i had plans to keep this thing for life or till it got in and bad accident. never did i think someone would steal it. i had a ton of money and work into this thing when i 1st got it and in the last 6 years or so i just drove it with only oil changes. was such a good car that i truely will miss. it was my 1st. it sucks and my 4runner has a few things done to it so that it cant to stolen unless towed away. plus garaged and blocked in with a car helps
Old 11-09-2012, 10:33 PM
Contributing Member

I put a FOB controlled switch in the fuel pump circuit of my daughters Accra which has been stolen twice since she went off to school last semester. The cool thing about it is that it is automatic. All she needs to do to disable the vehicle is turn off the key and the car will not start unless the switch is reset. Guess I should do the same thing to my 4runner.
Old 11-10-2012, 03:59 PM

Originally Posted by Buck87
I put a FOB controlled switch in the fuel pump circuit of my daughters Accra which has been stolen twice since she went off to school last semester. The cool thing about it is that it is automatic. All she needs to do to disable the vehicle is turn off the key and the car will not start unless the switch is reset. Guess I should do the same thing to my 4runner.
yes man you should protect your runner. I saw one of those FOB switches on "My Classic Car"; I thought the FOB was a little overkill when all the is needed is a switch, but here I am, truckless.
Old 01-11-2013, 09:14 PM

Hey Keith! With the way life has been going lately and my 4Runner sitting for just about a year now, I have rarely been on YT, let alone doing anything Toyota related.

Every now and again I have searched for your thread, because I remember you said you were going to some day make one, but it was not until just now that I finally found it. Honestly, I don't even remember how I came upon it.

So I started reading and following from the first page all the way up to the depressing page. I am very sorry for your loss of that truck Man. I read all the way through the long travel and Chevy springs and was just happy for you because I know that's something I hope to do and it is just one more thing you did to your truck (already admiring it as it was when I saw it).

So basically just wanted to say hi since it's been forever and sorry again about the truck. That is truly a shame. And best of luck with a future build!

-Brandon

Quick Reply: dark_fairytales 1986 Pickup Build-Up Thread