86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-02-2014, 11:34 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Who are the other 5 trucks gonna be? I got myself, next door neighbor, and buddy julio. I just told one of the elevator technicians at our building about it. We'll see if he comes. He has a 2012 4runner. I wanna see this guy's runner in action. nothing too fixed up but he has the elocker running 33's.
Old 01-02-2014, 12:42 PM
RBX

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Meet up on Jan. 4th, here.......

Dropped Pin

near Mt Emma Rd
Angeles National Forest
Palmdale, CA 93550
I'll be a little late. It'll take me 1day 15hrs according to google. But I have to button a few things up .. Haha
Old 01-02-2014, 01:00 PM

Originally Posted by RBX

I'll be a little late. It'll take me 1day 15hrs according to google. But I have to button a few things up .. Haha
Whaaaat???? RBx you really gonna come down? What day are u gonna be there?
Old 01-02-2014, 01:37 PM
RBX

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Just kidding man, I wish I could join you guys.
Old 01-02-2014, 07:09 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
im down to do KOH for 2 days. friday and saturday and maybe sunday. i would more likely go if you guys are going too. i hate doing long distance trips alone...
i never been so what will i need to bring. im bring the tundra tho. its my long distance hauler. maybe bring my quad???
Old 01-02-2014, 09:18 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
5 total Richie.... Did I say 5 on top of me? Mine, yours, Julio's, Ruben's and JonnyBoy's.

I'll call ya when I get back, Toyo...

RBX, that cracked me up. I WILL love to hang out when you eventually do drive cross country though!

Gotta finish packing and get to bed. See ya Saturday, Richard!
Old 01-03-2014, 08:08 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Meet up on Jan. 4th, here.......

Dropped Pin

near Mt Emma Rd
Angeles National Forest
Palmdale, CA 93550

http://goo.gl/maps/eFUxt

Sorry guys... I meant to do this sooner but life is just been crazy. Also, I have been having a terrible time with this app. Keeps giving me an error. Deleted and uploaded again and it still did the same. Otherwise I would have mentioned this much sooner. I have tons of pictures and video to upload, and share here... Christmas and all kinds of other stuff. I'll probably wait till we get back.

I will be meeting JonnyBoy from here, who is coming down from Independence, California... Or maybe Ridgecrest... And we will camp from Friday and leave Sunday..... The rest of the guys coming which I believe is now in total 5 trucks... They are just coming for the day on Saturday. Not sure exactly on the meet time but if anyone who reads this wants to join us you're more than welcome. Again, I'm really sorry I posted this so late... I'll be sure to do better for king of hammers or anything else.
Hi Mark,

What time do you plan on meeting up at this location on Saturday? Do you have an idea of what trails you will be running? I have a commitment Saturday evening but might be able to be out till mid afternoon.

Thanks,
John
Old 01-03-2014, 08:30 AM

Hey John... I can be there at any time because I will be camping not far away. My guess is most likely around 9 or 10. My recommendation would be to contact Redeth005 and see when they plan to be there, as they will be going for the day as well. I'm not really sure and anyway what to call which trails... There are two different places back there near the highway that we will hit. 1 is where I placed the link... The other is at the end of Mount Emma Road going east from the Angeles forest highway... Actually wear mount Emma meats fort Tejon Road. Not far from there is another place where we had quite a bit of fun. This is by no means an all day trip up into the mountains or anything like that. 2 of the trucks are fairly limited so we will try to keep it for we can take our more capable trucks on the harder lines or just farting around on some steeper berms and climbs where the lighter duty trucks can go around. I just don't want anyone thinking this is some intense trip up a 10 mile trail. It's basically just driving out on to the OHV trails on the backside of the Angeles Crest.....

Feel free to PM me or Richard and get my cell phone number. Thanks for checking in man... Hope we can at least meet there if you're not too far away.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:47 AM

Hey John... I can be there at any time because I will be camping not far away. My guess is most likely around 9 or 10. My recommendation would be to contact Redeth005 and see when they plan to be there, as they will be going for the day as well. I'm not really sure and anyway what to call which trails... There are two different places back there near the highway that we will hit. 1 is where I placed the link... The other is at the end of Mount Emma Road going east from the Angeles forest highway... Actually wear mount Emma meats fort Tejon Road. Not far from there is another place where we had quite a bit of fun. This is by no means an all day trip up into the mountains or anything like that. 2 of the trucks are fairly limited so we will try to keep it for we can take our more capable trucks on the harder lines or just farting around on some steeper berms and climbs where the lighter duty trucks can go around. I just don't want anyone thinking this is some intense trip up a 10 mile trail. It's basically just driving out on to the OHV trails on the backside of the Angeles Crest.....

Feel free to PM me or Richard and get my cell phone number. Thanks for checking in man... Hope we can at least meet there if you're not too far away.
OK Mark I will check with the misses and see if I'm free to go. Based on the location I would need to leave around 3pm to make the drive back home. I will pm Redeth005 to see what time he is planning on being there. If I'm a go I will pm you later for your phone number.

CB channel ??? Ham?

Thanks,
John
Old 01-03-2014, 08:54 AM

HeyJohn and Mark. Me, my Neighbor, and my Friend Julio will be heading out there around 6-6:30am(from my house.) I think we will probably arrive at about 8am. I don't have a CB. But I know Mark does.

If you need my Cell phone # send me a PM and ill give mine and Mark's if you haven't gotten them yet.
Old 01-03-2014, 08:59 AM

I'll have my cb on if Mark doesn't, I think we agreed on ch 21? I won't be bringing any ham, sorry.
Old 01-03-2014, 09:06 AM

Hope u guys have a good time
Old 01-03-2014, 09:39 AM

Originally Posted by JonnyBoy
I'll have my cb on if Mark doesn't, I think we agreed on ch 21? I won't be bringing any ham, sorry.
No ham for me either,... but I brought roast beef and Turkey! Hahaha. Yes, channel 21
Old 01-03-2014, 12:10 PM

Hey Mark. Save us one spot at the camp site please. Faby and I are also gonna spend the night. Gonna sleep from Saturday till sunday. Ruben and Julio are gonna head home that same day though.

See you guys tomorrow!

Got to pack up all my camping gear and buy food!
Old 01-03-2014, 12:55 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts
Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
im down to do KOH for 2 days. friday and saturday and maybe sunday. i would more likely go if you guys are going too. i hate doing long distance trips alone...
i never been so what will i need to bring. im bring the tundra tho. its my long distance hauler. maybe bring my quad???
are you guys doing KOH in February? I am trying to get that week off and head down there with the Trekker on the trailer.
It would be awesome to meet some more Yotatechers
Old 01-03-2014, 02:10 PM

Rob, I'll be in Beaverton from the 19th or so till February 7th or 8th. We could meet up and it'd be like a shakedown run for you up at Brown's, maybe.
Old 01-03-2014, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by dropzone
are you guys doing KOH in February? I am trying to get that week off and head down there with the Trekker on the trailer.
It would be awesome to meet some more Yotatechers

i can only do a friday-saturday trip and maybe sunday depending on how i feel. if we can get a group together. i down to go
Old 01-04-2014, 12:40 AM

Originally Posted by Redeth005
HeyJohn and Mark. Me, my Neighbor, and my Friend Julio will be heading out there around 6-6:30am(from my house.) I think we will probably arrive at about 8am. I don't have a CB. But I know Mark does.

If you need my Cell phone # send me a PM and ill give mine and Mark's if you haven't gotten them yet.
OK I will be leaving around 6:30am also. I should be there no later then 8:30 after a stop for fuel. Hope to see everyone then.
Old 01-04-2014, 11:25 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I remember the lane changers and some of the speeds they would get to. The carpool lane was great for the heavy traffic. Sounds like you guys are going to have a great time. Hope Christmas and New Years went well for you also.
Old 01-05-2014, 09:57 PM

Well 2 nights of sleeping in our Runners cause we're sissies about the cold and 2 days of not wearing deodorant led to this...
I'm sure Mark will post the cool videos and pics, it was mostly shot with his phone the first day. Mark, I'll link you the rest of my videos tomorrow and you can pick if they're good enough!

Last edited by JonnyBoy; 01-06-2014 at 01:15 AM.

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread