86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-25-2013, 08:55 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Thermoshield is available at Pep Boys for I believe $40 for a 4 by 6 slab. Maybe its 8 feet... I can't remember. Either way, compared to other products after reading the specs, I was very impressed with the price and the fact that I could pick it up down the street in the store rather than wait for it to be delivered. My entire cargo area is covered on the floor with frost King foil backed closed cell foam self-adhesive padding: and thermoshield... It's absolutely incredible on keeping the noise down and equally or more important at some times, keeping the cold off my back when I camp back there. I also have the panels insulated with sound deadening and frost King... That was equally as helpful with sound and climate control... At Pismo, recently, it got pretty cold at night and I was so warm I couldn't even keep my sleeping bag on... The only thing left to do is the doors up front and the back door. I have to ground the rear window switch and roll up the window so I can get some sound deadening and frost King in there as well. I love it, to answer your question in three words!
Thanks gonna have to use that in not only my runner but the Tracker as well as it is -20 celsius here and neither truck holds in heat very well.
Old 11-25-2013, 09:03 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks, Paul!

You're welcome, Brandon,.....

And once again, RAD4runner is my RADhero! LOL... HAHA. .... But seriously, thanks a lot man!

PS: The Thermoshield stuff does work great by the way, right? I love the frost King as well! U-seal rocks too! Never had a single wiff of it all summer and it works like a charm and is very very adhesivy! Lol...

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 11-25-2013 at 07:28 PM.
Old 11-25-2013, 06:16 PM

I'm only 10 pages in Chef and all I can say is wow! Nice Work! I hope mine will be this nice someday
Old 11-25-2013, 07:28 PM

Originally Posted by BeardedFish
I'm only 10 pages in Chef and all I can say is wow! Nice Work! I hope mine will be this nice someday
Thanks Much, man! Glad u came by!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:31 AM

Thanks Much, man! Glad u came by!
You're very welcome, I'm glad too!
Old 11-26-2013, 07:59 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Very few have made it through reading through the entire Chefyota4x4 build thread. It's a rigorous challenge of many pages to read. Should you be able to read through it all you would have done the near impossible. Lol good luck sir I tip my hat to you bahahaha.

Jk but in all reality I couldn't finish the whole thread lol. I do have to say he has a bunch of helpful information on the thread though. Do us all a favor and grab a pen and paper and note down what projects were done on what pages so we could eventually (when u finish) have an index to this huge book. Lol
Old 11-26-2013, 10:58 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
He'll never be finished Richard...but he sure as heck should slow down! He's making the rest of us(well, not really you Richard) look lazy.
Old 11-27-2013, 04:47 AM

Originally Posted by Redeth005
Very few have made it through reading through the entire Chefyota4x4 build thread. It's a rigorous challenge of many pages to read. Should you be able to read through it all you would have done the near impossible. Lol good luck sir I tip my hat to you bahahaha.

Jk but in all reality I couldn't finish the whole thread lol. I do have to say he has a bunch of helpful information on the thread though. Do us all a favor and grab a pen and paper and note down what projects were done on what pages so we could eventually (when u finish) have an index to this huge book. Lol
lol well at least I've got all winter to chip away at it. thanks, I'm gonna need it.

If I were to catalog it I don't think I'd ever have time to work on my own rig, I'd spend the rest of my days organizing the info haha
Old 11-27-2013, 04:56 AM

Originally Posted by JonnyBoy
He'll never be finished Richard...but he sure as heck should slow down! He's making the rest of us(well, not really you Richard) look lazy.
I won't lie, I only read up to about pg150 then began to just browse stopping whenever id see pix haha

lol well at least I've got all winter to chip away at it. thanks, I'm gonna need it.

If I were to catalog it I don't think I'd ever have time to work on my own rig, I'd spend the rest of my days organizing the info haha
Ha you'll spend an eternity reading through the thread too lol! Jk there's some good stuff in the thread. Its just hard to find.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:14 AM

Received 670 Likes on 459 Posts
Hey Mark, Grego, Richard, and other So Cal Yota guys,
Let's have a get together between Christmas and New Year. If you can find schematic for
your trailer connector, we can test it by then
-Ray
Old 11-27-2013, 08:33 AM

Originally Posted by RAD4Runner
Hey Mark, Grego, Richard, and other So Cal Yota guys,
Let's have a get together between Christmas and New Year. If you can find schematic for
your trailer connector, we can test it by then
-Ray
And do a killswitch for my truck??? Yes??? Please lol.

I'm sure my buddy with the stock 86 toyota pu would enjoy a trip.
Old 11-27-2013, 08:34 AM

Jeeeesh! I'm sooooooo sorrrrry! Hahahahaha.... Jk.... It is what it is. I just spend around 20 min a day and catch up with everyone.... Read every page of yours' since you started, Richard, Ray, Jonny, Terry, Dragon, Grego, Jerry, Brandon (xxx and GWNortherner, lol), Jason, Andrew, Mike, N8, ....etc, etc, etc...( I don't know was understand it but I read it! Lol.) ....But it's ok, .....I understand........ Hahahahhaha.... Just messin. It's alot to read, and I would do a summary, along with joining my 25 or so other threads, totalling around 650 pages all together... But I'm too busy and I spend this spare time on here, usually, helping others, either in PM's or in their threads.... So unfortunately, it's gonna have to stay a mess.

Terry makes me feel like that, Jonny! Hahaha...

And, obviously I understand how daunting it is to get through my thread,...... otherwise I would have done it to make that glossary already! Hehehehehehe!

RAD, aka "Mr. D in the place to be!", lol....

How about the M.O.R.E./ Holiday 200???...

http://www.moreracing.net/

Or, we could romp around the Angeles Crest, that way we can all wheel, some of us extreme and down to as mild as you want for Grego and you, etc.? ? ? Orrrr, just hangout at my pad and talk shop/eat/knock out some lingering gremlins? haha
Old 11-27-2013, 10:03 AM

Received 670 Likes on 459 Posts
Originally Posted by Redeth005
And do a killswitch for my truck??? Yes??? Please lol.
Surely, Richard! We'll need schematic for your V6, and all present would be suspect IF your truck ever gets stolen 'cause we know where the kill switch (or switcheS) would be LOL!

RAD, aka "Mr. D in the place to be!", lol....
How about the M.O.R.E./ Holiday 200???...
hangout at my pad and talk shop/eat/knock out some lingering gremlins? haha
Probably just hang, hunt for gremlins and eat. Got recipe for gremlin stew, Mark? LOL!
Old 11-27-2013, 11:57 PM

I think I'm down for the MORE race, or Angeles crest, or hangout, but probably only 1 of the three is multiple events end up happening. I'll have to spend some quality time with my Subie engine sometime soon.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:18 AM

Happy Birthday Mark.
Hope you're having a great time in Lake Havasu with your pops and family. I can see you're gonna have a great thanksgiving with some really good food out there based from the instagram videos you've been posting up. Have fun out there dude. Be safe. And most of all get your grub on!

Btw my buddy Julio with the stock pick up(bought ur sr5 wheels & bfg ATs) said he is up for an Angels Crest trip. I think we outta set a date so we can all meet up there for the day.

Last edited by Redeth005; 11-28-2013 at 09:23 AM.
Old 11-28-2013, 09:20 AM

Happy birthday! And thanksgiving!
Old 11-28-2013, 10:27 AM

Happy Birthday Chef and many gobbles to all today!
Old 11-28-2013, 01:03 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
happy birthing day mark
Old 11-28-2013, 06:20 PM

Well happy birthday and happy thanksgiving from one Jonny that's 1.5 sheets to the wind(working on the other 1.5) up in Big Bear!
Old 11-29-2013, 12:25 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Happy Birthday and Thanksgiving. Someday,month,year, I would like to go thru your thread and put all your upgrades into one post. You have a lot of them. Enjoy your time with the family.

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread