86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 10-28-2013, 11:41 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
LOL^^^^ Editing the Chevy crap. Your tow rig is a Dodge??? Hmmmm????? Just kidding.
Old 10-28-2013, 11:45 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

She was a great looking little girl. She had not even gotten started in life. Such a loss.

Somewhere I read you were still getting sand out from your last wheeling trip. That stuff is a pain to get out. You will still find it a year from now. Sand is fun, but when I used to play in tit, seemed like a few months later I was paying for it in seal replacement.
Old 10-29-2013, 09:23 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
my chevy does alright, its different having a V8 sooner or later, been looking for an 85 runner, cant find one
Old 10-30-2013, 07:30 AM
Contributing Member

You got another ear ache again?... stop taking naps in drafts...

The brightest lights burn the fastest, while she was here she made a difference that went beyond her years and that is her legacy.
Old 10-30-2013, 05:59 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrys87
LOL^^^^ Editing the Chevy crap. Your tow rig is a Dodge??? Hmmmm????? Just kidding.
Hahaha. ..... Seriously though? Heck yes I would roll Rob's Dodge!

She was a great looking little girl. She had not even gotten started in life. Such a loss.

Somewhere I read you were still getting sand out from your last wheeling trip. That stuff is a pain to get out. You will still find it a year from now. Sand is fun, but when I used to play in tit, seemed like a few months later I was paying for it in seal replacement.
Yeah, thanks for your thoughts buddy. You too, Paul...

As far as the sand, yeah, it can wreak havoc on seals and much more. I have a buddy that lives in the desert and he goes through air filters like crazy! Lol. I think those Trail Gear wipers are fantastic... I use my buddies tool, which is sinners in the soonest feeler gauge I've ever seen... He uses it to go up into the wipers and grab a little grease and then cleans it through this coffee filter type of paper. It shows any metal debris or Organic debris. It was clean! I'm sure it won't stay that way forever, but hopefully they will last a little longer then the other set up. I don't want to make a habit out of it, just once or twice a year. I would like to go to Glamis again... Been a long time. It's just those crowds are not as fun to me as they were in my twenties! Lol. Speaking of times changer, good grief is it another world or what when you look at it the toys that were out at Glamis and Pismo just 20 years ago? Crazy leaps and bounds!

Originally Posted by westjohns yota
my chevy does alright, its different having a V8 sooner or later, been looking for an 85 runner, cant find one
I loved my 1970 CST Chevy Blazer, 4 speed 4 bolt main 350!.... That thing was a beast! the only thing I had close to a Dodge was a 1965 Plymouth Barracuda. I sold it fairly quickly as it needed too much work, but that was one fast for speed 318! Never owned anything but Chevy or Ford trucks in the American realm.

Originally Posted by aviator
You got another ear ache again?... stop taking naps in drafts...

The brightest lights burn the fastest, while she was here she made a difference that went beyond her years and that is her legacy.
Absolutely.... My niece, while still very heartbroken, is coming to a point where she feels very grateful to have had her in her life at all. Such a wonderful human being, trust me. My niece is as well. SERVANTS!
Old 10-30-2013, 06:14 PM

Well, I suppose compared to some I don't have to deal with too much crap... But it sure does feel like a pile up from time to time...! Lol... Why do I say this?...

Just got this in a text message from my daughter who is pretty shook up... Her mother was driving and rear ended someone. My granddaughter was in the backseat! Grrrr! .....

Name:  IMG_1048.jpg
Views: 78
Size:  267.5 KB

I guess I should also mention that this thing needs an alternator or at least the brushes, has suspension issues and multiple interior needs. Now I can add this to the list... Crap! My poor daughter works so hard and is such a good mother.... She really does not need this right now. But hey, I'm grateful that she has me to help where I can. In a way it's kind of funny, my youngest daughter should be picking up her car tomorrow, my oldest will be dropping off her car before my youngest even picks hers up!

Also thought I would share some cell phone pics that I took over the last few weeks. Just a couple of trucks and such that I've seen....

This one is actually a neighbor down the street, I believe it's a 1980 and he has a 3800 cc Buick v6 EFI motor in there! The thing is a beast on I believe 37 inch tires and one ton axles....

Name:  20131016_161816.jpg
Views: 87
Size:  1.40 MB

Saw this in the parking lot of Harbor Freight... Holy crap was it clean!...

Name:  20131022_123713.jpg
Views: 148
Size:  2.63 MB

I saw this bumper today, he was turning left. I snapped ond as quick as I could, unfortunately I couldn't get the front one which is really cool...

Name:  20131030_133347.jpg
Views: 167
Size:  2.87 MB

How about this for a classic, today as well in the parking lot where I took my mother for a doctors appointment...

Name:  20131030_150752.jpg
Views: 131
Size:  2.93 MB

Not sure if I should this one yet but I got a thumbs up from the guy... He got one for me as well! Lol....

Name:  20130930_155119.jpg
Views: 86
Size:  1.49 MB

Wasn't sure if I posted this, either, but I figured it was worth another one...

Name:  20130706_194302.jpg
Views: 83
Size:  1.55 MB

Once again, if you could keep my daughter in your thoughts and prayers... She's had some pretty rough times with a jackhole of an ex / father of our Abby.... They cut her hours way back and are dropping her insurance because of the new.... Let's just leave it at that before I go ballistic... And now she's been in an accident or someone was rear ended and she wasn't even driving... Hopefully the other person will allow me to fix it if it needs anything beyond cosmetic touch up... My daughter said it looked like nothing even happened to it... I'll find out soon enough I suppose.

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 10-30-2013 at 06:15 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 07:18 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
that sucks mark. i been there since im my family's car guy. i fixed my youngest sisters car a few times due to fender benders. i fix my parents vehicles when needed. lets not forget all my cousins rides and a few friends. i dont mind it too much since they it helps builds up favors when i need them lol
Old 10-30-2013, 07:52 PM
Fossilized
Staff

Received 449 Likes on 294 Posts
got an awesome deal on it. It tows 13000 lbs everyother weekend with out an issue
turning radius sucks but it doesn't even know the 81 is behind..
Name:  20130426_192041_zps10a8cf82.jpg
Views: 72
Size:  156.1 KB

Mark your daughter is in my thoughts and prayers..
Old 10-30-2013, 08:12 PM

Received 246 Likes on 184 Posts
Yea, it will iron itself out soon enough

I would almost paint my truck that yellow with those white stripes just because
Old 10-30-2013, 08:35 PM

Received 24 Likes on 14 Posts
Just because.....
Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 PM

Wowwwws! Teuf, .... vielen Dank für die. Ich bin es, Sie zu fallen und selten sexy Mädchen wollen!
Old 10-31-2013, 07:02 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Ouch on the fender bender. Sorry to see that. Might be easier to replace the hood, but before you do, try to get some help from someone and try to get on each end of a 2x4 or something similar and you can work it back down by using a teeter totter method. You dont have anything to lose. When I worked in a body shop part time, we saved sevral hoods that way. On a flat hood, we would use a 2x4 and lay it on top of the crease and smack it with a sledge hammer.

Some great looking rides in your pictures.
Old 10-31-2013, 07:06 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

I wouldnt mind having a Dodge Diesel myself. I like dropzones way of towing a Toyota better then the way mine got towed by a Dodge.

My 3rd Gen wouldnt do it. It took a Dodge to get me up the hill. (Problem wound up being a hole in the air pipe.)
Name:  broke2_zps9c8c98c7.jpg
Views: 55
Size:  157.2 KB

Had to get my older brother to get me up the hill. He liked the idea of giving my Toyota a pull as he is a big Dodge fan. It is a one ton diesel and he didnt spin at all getting me up the hill and to the highway where I could just get a tow truck to take it home. I wish Toyota would of kept the Elocker on the newer 3rd Gens.
Name:  broke1_zps6f37cb17.jpg
Views: 66
Size:  97.8 KB

Last edited by Terrys87; 10-31-2013 at 07:07 AM.
Old 10-31-2013, 02:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
dude im sorry to hear bout the accident i hope their all ok
Old 10-31-2013, 04:23 PM

Thanks guys, she's ok. Little sore in the neck... I'm just praying that against all odds this person will not file a claim.
Old 10-31-2013, 04:29 PM

No! I am NOT crossing my fingers, its just horrible arthritis! Lol.... I know, I know, its Just in fun... Pretty much! Lol. But, if I truly want to scare the crap out of people in my area, .....Well, there you go! Haha.....

Name:  20131031_171532.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  1.63 MB
Old 10-31-2013, 11:04 PM
Contributing Member

what is that a johnny bravo mask?
sorry to hear your daughter has a crumb for an x... and about the fender boo boo... don't see any green stuff on the ground so it might be all cosmetic... you should be able to find a hood for that model Lexus in the yard without much trouble. hope the other guy is willing to work with you...

on the hrs. issue sounds like your daughter needs to find a new job... IK easier said than done I'm in that boat myself but there is work out there.

on the ins. issue my understanding is no one can be dropped from an existing policy unless maybe she is being dropped because she no longer qualifies because they cut her hours so much...

Like that bumper on that 4runner...

You need to make a sign to hang over the garage "Dad's Garage and Body Shop".
Things will get better for you and yours.
Old 11-01-2013, 10:59 AM

Originally Posted by aviator
what is that a johnny bravo mask?
sorry to hear your daughter has a crumb for an x... and about the fender boo boo... don't see any green stuff on the ground so it might be all cosmetic... you should be able to find a hood for that model Lexus in the yard without much trouble. hope the other guy is willing to work with you...

on the hrs. issue sounds like your daughter needs to find a new job... IK easier said than done I'm in that boat myself but there is work out there.

on the ins. issue my understanding is no one can be dropped from an existing policy unless maybe she is being dropped because she no longer qualifies because they cut her hours so much...

Like that bumper on that 4runner...

You need to make a sign to hang over the garage "Dad's Garage and Body Shop".
Things will get better for you and yours.
Haha, Johnny Bravo... It's Hillary Clinton. Lol... I got it at the 99c store, a $50-$60 mask! I would have grabbed others, but she's all they had.

I would have grabbed a black/mint hood, yest, but her x's parents told her they didn't want me touching it, they want a shop to do it to keep records. (They own a trucking biz.)... Its a long story. But, let's just say that while I am very grateful to his parents for all they've done for my daughter... They are largely doing it for my granddaughter as well. That's fine, but when your son has multiple problems we really need to deal with, things that could very well effect their granddaughter and mine..., then it's time to just stand up put your foot down and say no more. He already wrecked her first car which was a 2003 Honda in great shape... And then she want to put this piece of crap? I'm about to ask you to feel just let me deal with the car situation. I don't want to cause any drama for her so I'm just staying out of it until my daughter says they're cool with that.

Edit.... I'm definitely going to leave this one alone as far as Obamacare and so forth. Let me just say it's affecting me already in a detrimental way, has basically taken my uncles chance at A donor kidney completely away... And, my daughter and many of her friends have been cut to part time, its rampant all over the country already, because most of these small businesses that have a certain amount of employees have to either go to more and all at part time or cut the number of employees... You can't cut your number and maintain re hash with a clientele if you have nowhere near enough employees to keep up with the demand. Bottom line, my daughters a trooper and she's going to do everything she can to make a life for herself and my granddaughter. I will do everything I can to help, but I'm just very frustrated for her. Her dreams of going back to college at this point are totally on hold, and definitely, unless I go completely in the poverty to help her through it. If I do that, I won't be able to help her true unforeseen crises and so forth, will I? Just sucks! Thanks for your concern, I appreciate it Paul!

Pops Garage...lol. Love doing it, as long as they are not causing stuff via neglect and abuse. Ò.ó ... haha.

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 11-01-2013 at 11:27 AM.
Old 11-01-2013, 12:47 PM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear about all the further issues... hopefully the x's family will pay for some [all] of that 'pro shop" work that you would have done gratis [or perhaps for the cost of a home cooked meal or two with abby]... as you say better to just stay the heck out of it until the you have to step in... as a dad you want to do what you can for your kids but as a grandpa your main job is to protect and help bring through the next generation... eventually things will get better though at times I doubt they will get to be as good as they once were.... hmmm there's a depressing thought for a Friday...
Old 11-03-2013, 08:51 PM

I do my best for them, and that's pretty much all I can do. I've shared every bit of knowledge that I can, and its very satisfying to see them make tough but wise decisions on occasion. It will work out...

This is her speaking of my oldest, Kayla, on Halloween... What a beautiful... Blood sucking vampire? Lol.... Abbygail was a little vampire as well. Haha... She's such a cutie....

Name:  IMG_5426.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  195.9 KB

Name:  IMG_3689.jpg
Views: 52
Size:  191.5 KB

I'm trying to get some pictures of my younger daughter is well, she looked so beautiful, as always, but I don't know how to get them off her Instagram. So I'm trying to get her to send them to me. My little grandson, Jay, was ready to go out but after the crazy long day he had on Halloween, by 630 he was passed out and didn't even get to go trick or treating in the evening... Poor little dude! He did send me pictures of his costume on another occasion though, a few weeks before...

Name:  20131007_163107.jpg
Views: 95
Size:  142.8 KB

Name:  20131007_163043.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  132.4 KB

Name:  20131031_191331.jpg
Views: 56
Size:  92.6 KB

Saw this sweet little ride today......

Name:  20131103_160824.jpg
Views: 196
Size:  3.35 MB

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 11-03-2013 at 09:58 PM.

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread