86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2013, 08:00 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thinking about you guys
Old 04-20-2013, 11:06 AM

Received 99 Likes on 70 Posts
You DO seem to be a great son. I went through this years ago. I was the only one of my siblings that stayed in the area so it all fell to me. When they decide to release your mom make a very firm request to have the hospital's social worker come give her an evaluation and explain any services she can get under Medicare. We ended up with a health care worker for a while and Medicare at least paid some of it.

I'm sorry your mom is so sick. And she recently became a Great Grandmother. I hope she gets to see the baby a lot because that surely cheers her up.
Old 04-20-2013, 08:22 PM
Contributing Member

Mark

Congestive heart issues are a real concern with pneumonia not to add to your worries but that is one of the things that my mom had at the very end...
in your case they have caught it in time to treat it effectively...

I'm sending you so so much positive power my friend... all my hopes...

I'm here for you... pm sent
Old 04-20-2013, 10:22 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
im hoping mark
i know its hard but get some rest whenever ya can
Old 04-20-2013, 11:14 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks so much guys.....

Well, the weekend doctor came in and after 10 minutes of speaking with her, he canceled the leg ultrasound and tried to cancel the echocardiogram ....then he called for her to be released the same day. The other doctor was wanting to keep her through to tuesday or so. ... then apparently weekend covering doctor, Mr. CLEAR THE ROOMS took over and ..... well, from there, it is what it is. Ò.Ó

She is still not feeling well and is having a rough time with the snoring and what her PCPhysician so far is thinking is sleep apnea.....

I dont mean to be negative, honest guys. .... I'm just exhausted, frustrated, furious and of course a bit concerned for her..... but no time to be any of itn right? Ha...

THANX, big time, guys!

Please just keep the thoughts and prayers coming?
Old 04-20-2013, 11:19 PM
Contributing Member

Why not give weekday [good] doc a call Mon. about getting mom back in if she's not doing any better?
That's one problem with modern med. , the bean counters, they seem to place value on "through put" not "outcomes"... it's like they think they are a restaurant depending a turning over a table to boost profits, rather than a health care facility which should be all about getting "customers" well...
Old 04-21-2013, 09:40 PM

Guys, while no one over 80 is quickly in the clear in regards to pneumonia,...she has been home since yesterday evening,....and slept 14 hrs last night.... then got up, aten and walked further with me than she has in months. Then she wanted to sit outside on the 80*F day while I did some landscaping... I put on some K-USC (classical), made her some greek pasta salad, cheese and wisecrackers, grapes... She knew many were praying for her and wishing her healing... so I said I would share a pic of her in the yard....

Name:  20130421_150131.jpg
Views: 120
Size:  3.31 MB

I'm not delusional, I know pneumonia is a tricky bug, and very aware of what it did to my stepfather. I just am so grateful that shes doing ok, considering what she's been through!

Thank u all so much for all the kindness, good vibrations and prayer! Just keep it coming? Haha... really though, please?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:16 AM
Contributing Member

Good to hear Mark... your Mom looks like she's doing well... +energy still headed your way bro.

on a related note I was listening to a radio show here this weekend about the SARs epidemic years ago and they were talking to some healthcare pros who had had it...
and one of them, an EMT, was mentioning about pneumonia [it is one of the symptoms of SARs] that it normally takes 1yr. to fully recover from but in the case of SARs version he is still not where he was before and does not have the strength or "wind" to do that job anymore.
While that is not related to your mom's situation the 1yr recovery time is... IK myself having had the walking type in 11 it takes a long time to get all your "go" back... i was healthy enough to be around folks after 2 mos. but it took over 6 before I was any where near 100% again...
just saying the recovery process is going to take awhile but she'll get there...
keep up the good healthy food and SoCal sunshine and it will go faster I'm sure.
Old 04-22-2013, 07:36 AM

Received 670 Likes on 459 Posts
Originally Posted by aviator
Good to hear Mark... your Mom looks like she's doing well... +energy still headed your way bro.
Agree!
When we have physical challenges, high spirits always help us cope.
Old 04-22-2013, 08:08 AM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Sounds like you guys are doing what what you can and she has a great ally in you

Sorry about my SPAM triple post on the last page....not sure what happened there.

Hang tight and keep pressing
Old 04-22-2013, 09:51 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Hey Mark, your mother looks like she's doing great! I'm happy for ya. at least you can breathe a bit knowing you are there for her aid rather then going home to sleep wondering how she is at the hospital.
Old 04-22-2013, 11:45 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
strike up the band she looks good mark my best hopes she recovers completely!
Old 04-22-2013, 01:56 PM

if u were to use the drivetrain from a chevy what else would you need?
Old 04-22-2013, 06:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Jhartson
What?... hmmm me thinks yon noob is a few pages behind the discussion...
Old 04-24-2013, 09:31 AM

you guys have been in my thoughts and im glad shes doing better. she looks wonderful
Old 04-24-2013, 09:32 AM

Received 554 Likes on 452 Posts
Hmm maybe a chevy

Mark, man good to see that smile on moms. I'd be plenty perky too if i was hanging out in that lush green sipping a root beer too!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:05 PM

on a related note I was listening to a radio show here this weekend about the SARs epidemic years ago and they were talking to some healthcare pros who had had it...
and one of them, an EMT, was mentioning about pneumonia [it is one of the symptoms of SARs] that it normally takes 1yr. to fully recover from but in the case of SARs version he is still not where he was before and does not have the strength or "wind" to do that job anymore.
While that is not related to your mom's situation the 1yr recovery time is... IK myself having had the walking type in 11 it takes a long time to get all your "go" back... i was healthy enough to be around folks after 2 mos. but it took over 6 before I was any where near 100% again...
just saying the recovery process is going to take awhile but she'll get there...
keep up the good healthy food and SoCal sunshine and it will go faster I'm sure.
Thanks buddy.....no SARS just yet, thank goodness! And, shes doing really well!

Just amazing how tough she is, man, lemme tell ya!

Originally Posted by RAD4Runner
Agree!
When we have physical challenges, high spirits always help us cope.
Shes the most positive and selfless person I know.... It's hard to be anything but positive when you're around her... But it's still very stressful and often upsetting to see her struggle with infirmity. as I mentioned to Paul, she is doing really well considering!

Originally Posted by Philbert
Sounds like you guys are doing what what you can and she has a great ally in you

Sorry about my SPAM triple post on the last page....not sure what happened there.

Hang tight and keep pressing
Don't worry about the message, hahaha. It's happened to me more than once. Appreciate the kind words, man! I am hangin tight and I will keep pressing

Originally Posted by Redeth005
Hey Mark, your mother looks like she's doing great! I'm happy for ya. at least you can breathe a bit knowing you are there for her aid rather then going home to sleep wondering how she is at the hospital.
Hey buddy, I know what you mean. It's always better to be home then in the hospital in the realm of being comfortable... Unfortunately, it's not always best for our health to leave as early as they need to kick us out these days... But, in this case, what I was saying, she's tough as nails and is fed well and is getting good nutrition, exercise, and forced to rest instead of what she would probably normally do. I've been doing all of her bills and dealing with the stupid Social Security office and that debt they are trying to collect in saying that she was overpaid for a couple years. She's doing really well with being responsible and listening 2 logic... I am really proud of her. She was asking how you're doing. I told her she will probably be finding out for herself on Saturday, hahaha. Talk at you soon.

Originally Posted by Cyberhorn The Dragon
strike up the band she looks good mark my best hopes she recovers completely!
thank you very much dragon... Always good to hear from you. She's looking better everyday and is actually healthier then she has been for the last 6 months... Amazing what a good battery of military grade antibiotics can do. Lol. It's almost as if the few days of intravenous drip kicked the arse out of whatever else was holding her back. But I'll still take those good wishes on continued healing... Being old with pneumonia is very tricky.

Originally Posted by Jhartson
Heehee... To be honest I have no clue whatsoever. Sounds interesting though. Sounds like you're trying to beef up the drive one for something beefy... I'd be interested to hear about it on your thread, go ahead and throw up a link here and I will check it out.

What?... hmmm me thinks yon noob is a few pages behind the discussion...
Hahaha... ah you now, with only two posts it's not a huge screw up or anything, lol. Many people p.m. me lately and have no clue what is going on... Which is perfectly understandable seeing as how busy I am myself. I guess at times just say ask chef. Hahahahaha, it is pretty funny as I often don't know anything about some of the tricky and very cool stuff they're trying to pull off.

Originally Posted by iammostdope
you guys have been in my thoughts and im glad shes doing better. she looks wonderful
Thank you very much, man! That's very nice of you and I will be sure to let her know. The poor thing has been through the ringer more than once, big time... Its pretty shocking that she looks as good as she does for 80 years old considering what she's been through!

Originally Posted by Co_94_PU
Hmm maybe a chevy

Mark, man good to see that smile on moms. I'd be plenty perky too if i was hanging out in that lush green sipping a root beer too!
Haha, you're right, she was in fact drinking a Hansen's natural root beer. thanks a bunch CO, I appreciate it!
Old 04-24-2013, 11:17 PM

By the way, I have a little bit of a problem in regards 2a caster camber drama. Hahaha. I did a little research and found that the Old Man Emu shocks up front being for a 2 inch lift do better when they are actually at a two inch lift. Knowing that the front wheel well is cut out 2 inches higher then the rear, I figured out that my springs brought me to 14 inches in the rear wheel well... And I was sitting right at 14 in the front. I cranked it up 2 inches and I swear to you it seems to be riding just as smooth or smoother in some situations. However, it is toe out on the passenger side, if I'm saying that correctly. The bottom portion of the tire on the passenger side is sticking out further then the upper. I'm not sure what the heck cause this but its obviously the case. I will take a better look at stuff under there when I have some time . Its just a little frustrating, that's all. Here's some pictures of where it sits now and the clear example of the tire being Toe out....

Name:  20130424_132151.jpg
Views: 175
Size:  2.52 MB

Name:  20130424_132228.jpg
Views: 152
Size:  2.07 MB

Name:  20130424_132457.jpg
Views: 79
Size:  2.83 MB

Name:  20130424_132212.jpg
Views: 92
Size:  1.99 MB

Name:  20130424_110833.jpg
Views: 98
Size:  1.77 MB

I like her stance though. Lol. I just don't like her trying to do a curtsy! Haha
Old 04-24-2013, 11:25 PM

Couple of mom... I took her out to see the Roses and then took her out to an early birthday dinner at Lucille's restaurant. She loves the ribs there, but she wanted to try the tri-tip. It was fantastic. She also got surprised with a little sundae! Lol. ...

Name:  20130422_174545.jpg
Views: 164
Size:  2.03 MB

Name:  20130422_174603.jpg
Views: 171
Size:  2.30 MB

Name:  20130421_161930-1.jpg
Views: 141
Size:  3.50 MB

She loves my food amd my green thumb, lol. I have a videos well but I haven't uploaded it just yet. I will as soon as possible... It's pretty cute of her.
Old 04-25-2013, 12:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
The tires in at the top is camber, and it can be adjusted with the cam bolts that hold the lower control arms.
Here's a much better way of explaining it than I could ever hope to articulate.
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f116...ite-up-163432/

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread