86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-18-2013, 10:23 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by StewsRunner
Hey man, hope is all is well! How are those sliders working out, have they became useful yet? Hehe
Hahaa I was in the truck with him when he put them to good use on the tiera Del Sol trip we had a few weeks back lol. U could feel the rubbing on the slider. Good thing he bought them it saved him from damaging anything on the bottom.

Last edited by Redeth005; 04-18-2013 at 10:27 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 11:05 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Pneumonia for the elder generation can take its toll on them. Good to hear they caught it earlier instead of later. Hope to hear she is on the Recovered Road soon. Still praying for you.
Old 04-18-2013, 01:05 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
good energy for mom - check
good energy for faby's mom - check!

extra kudos bars for mark - YEP
Old 04-18-2013, 08:27 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks a bunch, guys.....

Well, we're still here in the hospital, thank goodness, actually! She's kinda up and down on the scale of a lil better and lil worse... She's always happy, kind to everyone, etc, but still being pretty loopy. Earlier, while I was gone to Long Beach for a couple hours, of COURSE the doctor came in... He ordered a pneumonia shot. I dont know thats normal, and I wondered if anyone knew:

Is it common practice to give a pneumonia shot to someone who currently is in the hospital with pneumonia?

I'm not gonna get into my thoughts on vaccines, I'm no expert... just curious on that instance above.

They're not getting her up much to do PT, but shes really needing sleep. Maybe all is being done, but I sure hope she can beat this nasty bacteria. She is really having a hard time.

Also, she has really been trembling, pretty bad. She came in here with no fever, and didnt have one til this afternoon after the pneumonia vaccine.... Anyway, she is now 100.3f and they took her blankets and stuffed ice packs under her arms.

Really upsetting....obviously. ahhhhh
Old 04-18-2013, 08:48 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Prayers sent up for your mom, you and your family Chef.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:28 PM

the vaccine has had some really good results in kicking the bodies immune system into gear an thus the fever an chills are a damn good sign her body is actively fighting off the pneumonia mark they should be keeping a good track of her temp an giving her IV fluids she'll also need to take a leak a lot too as the body dumps out the dead cells an warfare going on

gah i sound like a freaking doctor >..<
Old 04-18-2013, 11:09 PM

Originally Posted by YotaInSC
Prayers sent up for your mom, you and your family Chef.
Dude, I can not thank you and EVERYONE ELSE ENOUGH for your thoughts and prayers. I'm not doing so well with this, so I receive it all with a very grateful heart on her behalf, primarily, and ALSO for myself and family! THANK YOU!

Originally Posted by Cyberhorn The Dragon
the vaccine has had some really good results in kicking the bodies immune system into gear an thus the fever an chills are a damn good sign her body is actively fighting off the pneumonia mark they should be keeping a good track of her temp an giving her IV fluids she'll also need to take a leak a lot too as the body dumps out the dead cells an warfare going on

gah i sound like a freaking doctor >..<
William, I really appreciate the calm and objective input from a perspective in the know. I know you're right.....I'm really a bit freaked out, even though I'm not ignorant of the way life goes for most of us in our later years, and especially considering what I've seen first hand for so many hours for so many years! But life being like this?... it's just so hard seeing her be put through this crap, after all shes had to endure for 6 years since her stroke and then never knowing what can happen next.... its been barely bearable, as I love her so deeply and have spent so much time with her for so long....... Life is very rough at times! But seeing her still be so kind and caring to every nurse, to me and my sister.... I guess she just always makes me have hope that I can be a fraction of the gracious human being she is. And her faith and strength? >> it just blows me away,...and also makes me aspire to always keep growing while I'm still here!

Thanks guys.......really.
Old 04-19-2013, 12:33 AM

then shes gotten an A+ in being a mom an can be proud
Old 04-19-2013, 12:36 AM

I called the nurses station just now, and the next dose of iv antibiotics and tylenol seems to have brought her temp down to 97+ again for now(she has, all her life, ran low temp). At least I might be able to sleep a couple hours tonight. Fever is a good sign, but is very dangerous for someone her age, as it is very hard on the organs.

Anyway, with all the good thoughts and prayers , I figured I should at least share. And to be honest, I'm staying here in her house and I'm totally alone, and that can really mess up my mind at times, having no one tangible to rant and share with in person. I hate to sound so beat down, but I would rather be honest. I am just sporadically holding it together right now, ... kinda sux. So really, please know I am deeply grateful for ur kindness. I know its a downer thread for many at times, .... but I can't worry about that. .. This helps me and keeps me from pacing, ya know?
Old 04-19-2013, 11:17 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Hey Mark, you sounded pretty beat on the phone, sorry again to hear what's going on right now. If I had seen your latest post I wouldn't have bothered you, apologies.

Here's your "L" trim piece (put a piece of tape behind it to keep from cracking anymore), and the pieces for whomever needed them (don't remember who you told me they were for). Thanks to the super sale it was only $12 for everything you see.

Name:  IMG_0405_zps60f5ce75.jpg
Views: 57
Size:  142.9 KB

Name:  IMG_0406-1_zps48061da4.jpg
Views: 60
Size:  201.3 KB

Name:  IMG_0407_zpsca31b461.jpg
Views: 65
Size:  160.7 KB

Roll Bar Pad and rear bed carpet edge trim.

Name:  IMG_0408-1_zpsfa64e584.jpg
Views: 63
Size:  140.7 KB
Old 04-19-2013, 12:10 PM

Received 7 Likes on 5 Posts
Hang in there Mark - lots of good vibes coming from YT!
Old 04-19-2013, 01:04 PM

Received 670 Likes on 459 Posts
Originally Posted by Grego92
Yeah, those trims get brittle Mine's got same issue, but at least, it's just cosmetic.

Originally Posted by Philbert
Hang in there Mark - lots of good vibes coming from YT!
Same here, Mark. Be strong.
Old 04-19-2013, 02:58 PM

Greg, please dont worry about it... and my sister called right after u did, so my getting a few hours was just not in the cards. I'm ok,.....just been a lil unnerved, so I got dried out and sounded like the cookie monster. Furthermore, thanks so much for the call and for grabbing that stuff for me(others)! That was very cool man, appreciated.

RAD, always glad to hear from ya. Thanks again bud.

Grateful, Phil! Back atcha man! Hope u get all ur stuff/leak figured oit. Meant to say that the first thing I thought of was the head block plate. Did u tighten the bolt holding the wrap around pipe in back there?(if u ever loosened it of course? I mentioned that I did cuz I didnt wanna hyperextend things too bad.... but I only loosened thst bolt, then removed the fuel pump mounting bolts and then dropped it down a couple inches or something)...?
Old 04-19-2013, 03:13 PM

Good to hear from you Mark

And I think you're spot on now that I think of it....

1) I did loosen the bolt to wiggle the pipe last night
2) I broke one of the 5 bolts (barely torqued it) when putting this thing on

I think I'll take it off, and see if I can work the broken bolt out - and replace with studs (my favorite bolt replacement)

Not sure how I can get the bolt out if it's flush -damn head is ON....ugh. I have the OEM gasket on there - maybe I can just smear FIPG everywhere and tighten the other 4 bolts....will update on my thread later - thanks for the tip!!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:14 PM

2) I broke one of the 5 bolts (barely torqued it) when putting this thing on

I think I'll take it off, and see if I can work the broken bolt out - and replace with studs (my favorite bolt replacement)

Not sure how I can get the bolt out if it's flush -damn head is ON....ugh. I have the OEM gasket on there - maybe I can just smear FIPG everywhere and tighten the other 4 bolts....will update on my thread later - thanks for the tip!!
Old 04-19-2013, 03:22 PM

2) I broke one of the 5 bolts (barely torqued it) when putting this thing on initially (the water pipe...)

Old 04-20-2013, 12:53 AM

Well, tonight the insurance out of nowhere said they had to transfer her to another hospital, which was quite a shock. I am not sure she was getting the attention she needed, and I can't say it's a bad thing they moved her, cuz they have her in her own room and the doc she has over there is more on top of her meds and ordered more tests and antibiotics. Unfortunately, she isn't doing as well as they told us at the other hospital, where they were trying to get us to take her home tomorrow. I'm not sure what to say other than I'm pretty much a mess. I cant sleep hardly and I'm not really doing too well as I'm pretty concerned. This new doctor is worried she might have some heart issues. Her EKG when she got to the first hospital was pretty good,... but this doc is worried or might be congestive heart failure, so he's ordered an echocardiogram. ....

I'm just not sure what to say, I'm pretty upset, and I really appreciate ur prayers and we'll wishes. ... and can only hope that you keep them coming.

Thanx guys
Old 04-20-2013, 05:57 AM

Received 62 Likes on 57 Posts
Thoughts and prayers headed your way. Best wishes and it sounds like the new doc's and for the best.
Old 04-20-2013, 07:20 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
It seems no matter what happens...your being a great son to your ma buddy!I wish her the best!
Old 04-20-2013, 07:37 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I cant imagine what it is like to see your mother going thru something like this, hope thing turn around for the better soon. You are really fortunate to have such a great mother and now she is getting the work she put into you back. Hang in there and will keep you in mind.

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread