86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 04-16-2013, 09:40 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanx so much, guys!
Old 04-16-2013, 10:06 PM

Received 246 Likes on 184 Posts
I feel your pain mark, my mom has been through breast cancer twice and both times took a toll like no other on me and my pops, it will work out
Old 04-16-2013, 11:00 PM

Thanks Mr. Bobulater!
Old 04-17-2013, 01:30 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Ouch Mark...I hate to see you have to go thru with what you are having to go thru with on your mom. Will keep you in my prayers. I missed what kind of cancer she had, that chemo takes alot out of a person when used on them. Hope they caught it soon enough that she can be cured of it and enjoy life. It is a painful to see someone like her go thru this. Why does bad things have to happen to good people?
Old 04-17-2013, 06:29 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
holy moly Mark... I missed that about your Mom getting radiation treatments... it's no wonder she has a cold and sleep apnea... the treatments wear you out and weaken your immune sys. so you catch bugs easy... and the SA is probably being caused by swelling related to the treatments too... no wonder she's worn out...

"Do not go gently into that long good night. Rage, Rage against the dying of the light." is fine advice if you're young but when you've lived a full and productive life as your father has gently fading away seems to be the best way... to me anyway...
not that I'm hoping for that, just that you need to prepare yourself for the eventuality... heck we all got check out of this hotel sometime... [or is that check in when you live in Kalifornia?]...

"taking the legal on a couple of nice specialty thighs... even looked at one thoroughly"? you thinking about getting married again?
dude you are right now is not the time to be making big life decisions like that...

Take care of yourself Mark... eat lots of whole foods, take your Vitamin C and B complex and get all the rest you can.
we're here for you... best wishes for your mom and dad.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:22 AM

Hey Terry, thanx bubba! Just Wamba clarify. .... She is not doing chemotherapy,.... only radiation. (Only not meant to minimize what a trial it is for her)... you KWIMean, lol. Just to further clarify, it's on her nostril/outer and it is NOT arm aggressive type that will likely turn into a quickly spreading thing. ....BUT, it was beginning to spread I lil bit and bleeding at times (she's on thinners for really bad afib, so that was a potentially serious issue as well), and it was a high risk for infection cuz of where it is/how often it's touched, in combination with its risk of spreading caused alarm and called for zapping it with radiation. She has high risk of stroke due to afib as I mentioned, so survey, which would mean coming off thinners for several days, while quick, was too much risk for her cardiologist to give his blessing on. She did this before and it worked, but it didn't give her such a hard time, physically. Thanks so much for the prayers!

Hey Paul, thanks a bunch buddy..... First, I edited this post......

"PS> I have been really close to taking the leap on a couple really nice specialty rigs, .... even looked at one, thoroughly. .... But I just can't feel like I would make a wise or practical decision right now! ... but the second I do, you all will be the first to know!"

I really wish I had a good woman to share this journey and trials with,.....but when I think about how hard this stuff is on relationships, I guess it's best for whomever that woman might have been. Haha.

My dad is just a tough one to just sit back and watch on, because he has really good readings, etc,...... but is so inactive that he is creating lots of his own drama. And, the more he sits there, the less likely that he will pass on softly. Eventually, his body will just start to fall apart due to inactivity. Poor pops, its so hard for him cuz he cant go 15 ft without feeling like hes gonna collapse.... and hes unstable/bad balance/having dome falls,.....and yet, with just gradual and minimal physical therapy, he might be able to prolonge and enrich his life/make him feel a lil more secure/stable.
Old 04-17-2013, 10:27 AM

Received 2 Likes on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
PS> I have been really close to taking the legal on a couple really nice specialty thighs, .... even looked at one thoroughly. .... But I just can't feel like I would make a wise or practical decision right now! ... but the second I do, you all will be the first to know!
I was trying to figure out what truck parts this is referring to. This is slang for getting married?

I'll be keeping you and your family in my thoughts, Mark. I hope you can get some rest soon.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:08 AM

Hahaha! I needed those laughs on my typo! Lol. I see u had to quote Avi's message to memorialize my fuggle-up, hehe.

Thank you, 'C in the place to be'! Lol. ....

PS:

One good non-truck related thing that really is great. .....

I have sprint, but where I live/work and use it, my signal SUUUUUUUX! haha.... Well then I got an Airave.... first one DID NOT WORK! They sent a 2nd....but after a week of trying to get it to work, I wanted to smash it! But, being more sensible than I personally was in my smashing things era, ....I obstained! Lol...

Today, the most helpful dude got on with me and in 5 munutes, for the first time in 8 years, I HAVE A CONSTANT 5 BARS!

Cant say for sure, but I think all of the carriers have Airave type units.... it's basically ur own tower in ur house, and it has a super powerful gps antenna booster, neteork capable as router and more. If u have signal probs, just call whomever ur with and just say "I AM LEAVING U IF U DON'T GIVE ME ONE!"..... But nicely... And, they might. If not they are 140 $, but telling ya true?....if they wouldnt have I would have bought it! Thing is WOW!

Thats all

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 04-17-2013 at 11:09 AM.
Old 04-17-2013, 02:28 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Watching parents grow old sucks. Good luck buddy. Stay strong.

You'll make it.

---
Old 04-17-2013, 02:43 PM
Contributing Member

Ohhhh specialty trucks... what like a cherry picker? [boom truck] for harvesting fruit from that orchard you go to?... a custom 4x4 trail capable wrecker to rescue others?... a baja race truck?...

any lady worth being with would be there for you to support you no matter what...

as for your dad IK it's not the most dignified way to get around but they have those nice walkers with seats that you can take a rest on any time you need it...
and they must have fitness programs at the local seniors center... again IK not exactly a hot choice for some one used to doing it all themselves but it would help keep him active... and if you get him a tablet that Brain Age app is supposed to be excellent for improving/maintaining cognitive function...
Old 04-17-2013, 05:09 PM

Ok, please bump up the prayer/goid thoughts? .....

Just got a break from admissions at the hospital... mom has been a mess and it looks like pneumonia.

They are gonna start her on something right away,...but no stroke which is good news!
Old 04-17-2013, 05:26 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
That's great news about no stroke!
Old 04-17-2013, 06:30 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
GET WELL MOM darn ya

good news again on them catching the pneumonia quick that can ... badbad stuff
Old 04-17-2013, 06:33 PM

Yeah, thats true. Sadly pneumonia is responible for taking out mire elderly than anything. Just worried for her on that of course. Thanks Jonny, everyone!
Old 04-17-2013, 08:55 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Mark glad they caught the pneumonia now befor eit was too late. I've known 2 people who have died from that. And the sucky thing is that people always think its some sort of sickness so they don't treat it as pneumonia. Glad the doctors caught that one man now they can treat it and make her all better. Good job for taking her in too. Hope she'll be good on no time.
Seems like everyone is having some kind of health problen one way or another these past few days hmm. My girlfriends mom's arthritis and bone density is so bad she recently broke her hip just by bending over to tie her shoe. Your mother moves like a healthy teen compared to Faby's mom. And worst part of all is that she is only anout 43-ish years old. She looks so old from everything that she has had go wrong with her body in the past years.

Last edited by Redeth005; 04-17-2013 at 09:00 PM.
Old 04-17-2013, 11:50 PM

Received 246 Likes on 184 Posts
Let me know if you need anything mark, I have had some friends that have dealt with radiation treatment, they always call my sweetest of mom for advice help just to talk.

It's always good to talk to others that have been In the same boat......
Old 04-18-2013, 12:12 AM

Thanx a bunch Richard! I'm so sorry for Faby, she's been through such deep loss already. ... and she shouldn't be carrying so much of such demanding and hard to watch suffering... I CAN RELATE! I feel horrible for her mom! How terrible! And broken hoops are terribly painful and often lead to pneumonia, especially in elderly. Not being able to move around brings lots of problems. She's in my prayers! Tell Faby hello for me? Thanx.

My mom has had pneumonia twice before, but both times were before her stroke and when she was in much better health. I left the hospital just 2.5 hours ago and she was already, within those 6 hours or so, 10 times better than when I walked in there with her. She was laughing and not so disoriented, then very selflessly, as always, told me and my sister to head home and get some sleep. I hate leaving her alone, but the bottom line is my mother is the type of person that will never sleep as long as one of us is there... So for her sake I have to be selfless as well and let her rest. I just hope and pray that they are willing to keep her long enough to make sure they get all of it.

Thanks so much for all the kind words and prayers, guys! I can always count on a few private messages as well which means a lot to me when I'm in a crisis. I know much of this is just a part of life, trust me, I've been watching it from all around me for the last 15 years... I just hate suffering and infirmity, plain and simple, ..... Especially when its my mother or children who I am so close to and whom are, all, excellent, servant minded people.... Not going to say its not fair, etcetera ,... It's often not about fair or unfair..... It just really flipping sucks! On top of the absolute climax of stress and concern that some of this causes, you then have to also start considering all types of things that just make you sick... Is everything taken care of if something goes horribly wrong? Et cetera, et cetera, et-disturbing-cetera.

Discombobulated, thanks man! I will definitely keep that in mind and appreciate that very much. I'm grateful that I've had people to bounce things off when I'm in a crisis or trouble. Una many people to have to go through things totally alone and it nearly killed them. Trying to do everything I was and also caring for my stepfather got to feel much like that at times, but I always had my mom to visit as well... , which would help anyone, trust me, she's just an unbelievably fantastic person!

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 04-18-2013 at 12:15 AM.
Old 04-18-2013, 09:13 AM
Contributing Member

Hey Mark... so glad to hear they caught the pneumonia early and are'nt dithering about treating it aggressively... I had the walking kind in '11 and it sidelined me for 2 mos.

sounds like they caught it fast enough... amazing what the ability to breath effectively can do for someone's disposition...

so sorry to hear about Faby... those kind of health issues in one so young are hard to take... hoping things improve for her...

Lots of positive energy coming your way guys...
Old 04-18-2013, 09:44 AM

Hey Paul, thanx buddy!

Yeah, I am sure it was lingering for a lil bit, but the overwhelming factor of doing radiation every day for a month/3 different large bills coming as a result of radiation, social sec. overpayment/ etc..... All of it may have contributed in this, and yet the bottom line is, it's there and is the most common culprit in taking out elderly people.

She's on two types a fairly strong antibiotics right now ve a drip... I'm just praying that they're willing to keep her as long as it takes to see that every bit of infection is eliminated. For someone in the 30's it might not be so much about getting rid of every tiny bit. But, with someone her age it is very important to get all that they can. Three times they sent her home too early, and every time there have been issues, one of which she had to go back to the hospital for three days, which was her appendicitis and the fact that they sent her home with the tube still in her for drainage. Anyway kama it is what it is and I have to hope and pray that everyone watching over her is doing their best and then I follow up with the best I can do, what else can I do? Everyone seems to love her everywhere she goes, it's interesting to watch nurses sad when a patient leaves, hahahahaha.

Thanks a lot guys, I will keep you all updated, but for now I have a pretty busy afternoon.

By the way Paul, you might not know the details and I can see how it would be confusing, but Faby is in pretty good health, its her mother that is fairly ill. I was also just mentioning other things that other people she loves/loved have/had been through( which, obviously, she went through as well. I just wanted her to know that I'm sorry for all she's had to go through and that I admire her strength very much ). She's a great girl and one tough cookie! But of course she has a really sweet nature. I don't mean to make her sound like Betty White in Lake Placid though! Hahaha. Its just pretty tough to go through a lot of the crises that some of us do and not become a little tougher, which is good really. But many of us can't keep that kind and sweet nature... It is really really really hard to be the primary caregiver for someone who is seriously ill,, especially if they are often or even occasionally fairly difficult, et cetera.

By the way, I should also mention that Richard and Faby, well, I consider them friends and like them both very much... So I hate to see either of them have to go through those kind of trials!
Old 04-18-2013, 10:11 AM

Hey man, hope is all is well! How are those sliders working out, have they became useful yet? Hehe

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread