86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2012, 05:56 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
MY PLEASURE, Richard... always! Fabi's a great lady... Definitely a keeper! haha... She always makes me laugh. You guys are great together. How much better that you have someone interested in the same thing, eh? ... TRUST ME, DON'T MINIMIZE THAT ONE, MAN! haha... Just have to get her on ONE GREAT Camping trip with 'PREPARED' people like myself and I'm sure Grego and RAD.... She'd be sold, I betcha. Hope you guys enjoyed the Coffee and Tea and such.. (and Spaghetti, minus that spaghetti thing you fight! YOU'RE NOT ALONE, trust me!)
Glad you guys liked her. She really does enjoy this stuff. Yesterday she kept nagging at me so we could continue testing the contacts. I think she just likes to hear the beep on the Multimeter when we get continuity on the contacts lol
As far as camping goes I would really like to-do that. I wanna see if I can get more informations to those tents that mount into the rear if your truck and turn into a tent. That'd really be cool. I really like the idea of that.

Btw that tea you gave us was really good. I really liked that mango flavor. Never had that before.
Old 12-24-2012, 09:30 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by Redeth005
Glad you guys liked her. She really does enjoy this stuff. Yesterday she kept nagging at me so we could continue testing the contacts. I think she just likes to hear the beep on the Multimeter when we get continuity on the contacts lol
As far as camping goes I would really like to-do that. I wanna see if I can get more informations to those tents that mount into the rear if your truck and turn into a tent. That'd really be cool. I really like the idea of that.

Btw that tea you gave us was really good. I really liked that mango flavor. Never had that before.
Yep, gotta love the Fab'ster... She's very unique next to most girls, nowadays.. (NO OFFENSE... So stop it, 'OTHER GIRLS'! hahaha).....She's really positive, supportive.... smart arse when it's warranted, hehe... Nope, not 'ONE OF THE GUYS', not by any stretch of the imagination, lol.. She's still very much a lady... but got lots of interest in what guys find interesting... Most importantly.... GREAT LISTENER! lol. Us dudes... we don't always have patience for that stuff! hahaha. Anyway, not to give her a big head or anything, , lol.... Just know what I know that I know, .....ya know? hahaha.

Far as camping..... Telling ya..... SO MANY CHOICES... I just LOVE the Sierras and the Hot Springs in combination... Sequoias as well(Kern River Hot Springs)... But the latter have just been TOTALLY destroyed and run over by MORONS!

I'm just gonna get up to the hills here as SOON as I get back and then ship everything that's waiting while I'm in AZ, visiting DAD with my sis(27th-29th, that's all).... Mom, Sis and me... SO GRATEFUL to finally have a close relationship with my Sis!(been around 8 years now, but out of 44, total? lol) Can't wait for the trip!
Old 12-24-2012, 09:35 AM

MERRY CHRISTMAS, EVERYONE! Happy Hannukkah! As the guy at Pavillions said, "Happy HannuChristmaKwanzikkah!" :>/ ....hahahaha...

Just PLEASE, ENJOY YOURSELVES and grab them loved ones tight... After all... NO ONE is guaranteed tomorrow here on earth, ya know?

REALLY appreciate all of you! (well, the ones that warrant appreciation, anyhow... .... hahahaha, JK! Honest... I've been able to REALLY gain some GOOD friends from Yotatech... IN PERSON, yes, as well! Great!

PS> FIRST OFF, as far as a trip....... There's always 'PISMO', regarding a 'bunch of guys going', YA KNOW? lol.... it's not the same, personally, as the mountains... BUT, it's still a GREAT, different type of camping and wheeling, ya know? At least there we could get together with 20 or so that already go, right? hahaha.
Old 12-24-2012, 02:10 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
just wanted to drop by and wish you a merry christmas man. looks like you guys had a really nice meet up, I wish there were more guys around here willing to get together like that hope yall had a good time.
Old 12-24-2012, 06:54 PM

Thanks, Jason! Wish you were there as well!

Merry Christmas to EVERYONE!
Old 12-24-2012, 07:38 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
happy holiday to you mark an i hope a great new year to come
Old 12-25-2012, 08:21 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Wishing you a great Christmas. A pic of the four 4Runners looked great.
Old 12-26-2012, 12:25 PM
Contributing Member

Merry Christmas Mark... hope your Holiday was better than mine... sprained my ankle christmas eve... blanking thing is swollen like a football...
Old 12-26-2012, 08:44 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrys87
I was the odd ball Terry with my pickup....one day I'll have one like you guys!

Mark, nice seeing you again bro! Thanks for the coffee and look forward to a camping trip.
Old 12-26-2012, 09:58 PM

Received 670 Likes on 459 Posts
Originally Posted by aviator
Merry Christmas Mark... hope your Holiday was better than mine... sprained my ankle christmas eve... blanking thing is swollen like a football...
Originally Posted by Grego92
Mark, nice seeing you again bro! Thanks for the coffee and look forward to a camping trip.
Aviator, sorry to hear about your accident. In 2002, after a climb, I was walking on icy parking lot toward my car, slipped and got hairline fracture. Was out of commission for 6 months. On brighter side, when I flew Singapore Air with a cast, the ever-smiling flight attendants pampered me - LOL! Hope you get better soon.

Mark & Grego,
Yeah, great coffee and tea! Thanks a lot, Mark. Spring camping in the Sierras wud be great.
Old 12-26-2012, 10:15 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
I'll definitely be up for that. Maybe all my off road mods will be done by then. (I hope)
Woo. Gotta get it done. Need to prepare for this hahaha.
Would really like something like that 4Runner SUV tent that Grego told me about. The one that mounts to the back of the 4runner. And onto the floor. That's so cool. I wonder if I'll be able to use that with a 4" lift though... lol

Last edited by Redeth005; 12-27-2012 at 07:28 AM.
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks rad swelling is down now... it's almost normal size now... still painful as heck... finding robaxasal is working the best for me ASA for the pain and inflamation and the other robax junk to relax the muscles... and I can still add hooch for holiday celebrations and additional pain killing lol...

cooking dinner tonight... roast beef and trimmings...
Old 12-27-2012, 10:10 AM
Contributing Member

Thanks rad swelling is down now... it's almost normal size now... still painful as heck... finding robaxasal is working the best for me ASA for the pain and inflamation and the other robax junk to relax the muscles... and I can still add hooch for holiday celebrations and additional pain killing lol...

Old 12-27-2012, 10:28 PM

Originally Posted by Cyberhorn The Dragon
happy holiday to you mark an i hope a great new year to come
YOU TOO, BUDDY!

Thanks, I liked that pic RAD got..... very nice! That's a Yotatech Calendar shot, fo sho! hahahaha. BUT, even better shot will be when we hit the local spots I turned Richard on to... I think they'll make for some good pics... (Camping, of course, would be best... BUT I GOTTA GET UP THERE BEFORE SPRING, sorry guys! hahahaa... Spring too.. just "spring AND a precursor! lol)... Hope you had a great one as well, Terry!

Wow, X2 on What rad said.... SORRY MAN! Glad it's feeling better now with the pills and 'pfrrrr-pfrrr/tilt/pour/ahhhhhhhhh' treatments! hahaha.... Hope everything went well!

Originally Posted by Grego92

Nahhhhh, that thing is SICK! No odd balls there... Well, ok, we're 'all odd balls' in the eyes of many people, right? hahaha... That's ok... Odd balls that at least DO IT OURSELVES, RIGHT? GREAT to see ya, Grego... Always a pleasure, and can't wait to see ya with us on the trails on the Angeles/Backside!

Originally Posted by RAD4Runner

Mark & Grego,
Yeah, great coffee and tea! Thanks a lot, Mark. Spring camping in the Sierras wud be great.
You're very welcome.... If I have more time... Richard will tell ya... I WILL cook ya all some grub! lol. Just too busy at times, lately... BUT NO worries... When we DO camp... We'll eat whatever you make, RAD! hahahahaa.... Just messin... I mean, of course we will... but also, I WILL cook, always do.

Originally Posted by Redeth005
I'll definitely be up for that. Maybe all my off road mods will be done by then. (I hope)
Woo. Gotta get it done. Need to prepare for this hahaha.
Would really like something like that 4Runner SUV tent that Grego told me about. The one that mounts to the back of the 4runner. And onto the floor. That's so cool. I wonder if I'll be able to use that with a 4" lift though... lol
Bed tent or not, you'll figure it out, woot! lol. 4" lift shouldn't matter if it's an 'IN BED' style, not the 'goes to the floor' type. Maybe those too though, never know.
CAN'T WAIT! lol...

Hahaha.... NICE! I did 3 10# Deep Fried Prime Ribs.... 3 Deep Fried Turkeys... (one of each for my family at my sisters party)....... One of the best meals I've ever made... out of 20 years of 'doing the holiday work' VERY rare that 32 People ALL eat plenty and like mostly everything.... Years of practice you learn to adjust for MULTIPLE Tastes... The USDA Prime/Prime Rib was VERY good this year.... all three... I was very impressed. And at only 170$ each/10#(trust me, YES, that's a VERY good deal for a whole Boneless USDA PRIME Rib Roast!!! ) ....

Did;

-Deep Fried Prime Rib with Au Jus and Creamed Horsey-

-Deep Fried Free Range Wild Turkey from one of my Vendors-

-Gravy W/Giblets and W/out

-Mashed taters with Heavy Cream and Butter, etc.

-Makers Mark Sweet Potatoes Dish(INSANE, been a hit for years)

-Green Beans with Fresh Made Mushroom Bechamel Sauce and Fresh Fried Onion Topping

-"Gullivers Creamed Corn", ... a Recipe I bought from a pretty famous old Restaurant in L.A. that's now closed... White Corn, Heavy Cream, Butter-Roux, Cayenne Pepper(dashes), White Pepper, ....BLISS!

-Old Recipe of my mom's(a WONDERFUL COOK), "Cranberries Grand Marnier" ... Fresh Cranberries "Popped" in Orange Juice, fresh squeezed... Sugar, and finished with Honey Crisp Apples til al dente, then a good shot or 10 of Grand Marnier and Zest of a few oranges once the heats off... INCREDIBLE! I made 2 quarts for each party and they were ALL gone!

-Fresh Rosemary Parm.-Reggie Dinner Rolls and Egg Bread Rolls

There was also a Salad that's ALWAYS a huge hit with Lemon Poppy Dressing, Candied Pecans, Bloomed Montmorency dried Cherries, Apples, Mushrooms, Butter lettuce and Red leaf lettuce... GREAT Salad.

BUT,.............

Christmas Day, actually..... Having been working 48 Hours straight, trying to pack and ship things the day before, prepping for what seemed like a week for 2 big parties AND the family party on Christmas Day.... I walked out and found my rear passenger tire almost totally flat. hahaha.... It had a screw in it,..... Well, let's just call it HUGE! lol.... The hex head on it is a 12MM!! hahaha.... So I pulled them, That morning, had to swap on the 31's again(nearly new BFG's I had before I even got the 32.8 MudKings, lol.... ... 4K miles on the BFG at's.....give or take a few).... The slapped on the front mudflap that DIDN'T get torn in half while 4wheeling with redeth... and the new one I got at PYP in pristine condition..... That night, at the store, grabbing Tylenol before my feet EXPLODED out of my shoes! LOL....

Old 12-28-2012, 01:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
some great pictures mark
lol all i could show ya would be the foot of snow we got all day xmas
its currently at 3amish 19F an clear
Brrrrr!

oh an the food sounds epic really does
Old 12-28-2012, 01:37 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Hey Mark.. When did you put the US flag sticker on the center window of your top? Just kidding, the reflection almost looks like you added it. I should of come to your place for dinner.

Hello Grego.. I was looking at the pics thru my wifes phone and it looked like a runner with a Can-Bac or something. You were one of the smart ones and bought your truck new and hung on to it. I knew that, as what one of my kids would tell me is that I had a "Dur" moment or I earned my Dur patch today.
Old 12-28-2012, 07:57 AM

Originally Posted by Cyberhorn The Dragon
some great pictures mark
lol all i could show ya would be the foot of snow we got all day xmas
its currently at 3amish 19F an clear
Brrrrr!

oh an the food sounds epic really does
Thanks, William .... I love her with the stock'ish look... It's not as 'GRRRRR!' looking, hahaha.... BUT, there's something pretty about them when they rolled off the floor(Or guys slapped 31's on them right off the bat)...... WOW on the temp and Snow.... LOVED it,.... A BIT OF IT, in East Valley Spokane, WA(12' in the driveway, lol... We made tunnels to drive the cars in and out of and stuff)....... but DO NOT miss it being 6-8 months of the year! GOTTA LOVE that ONE THING about The L.A. coast.... GREAT weather, hot ladies.... But the rest? Yeah, I wish it wasn't turned into the Peoples Republic of California, lol.. Have a GREAT New Year, William... and be safe, k?

Hey Mark.. When did you put the US flag sticker on the center window of your top? Just kidding, the reflection almost looks like you added it. I should of come to your place for dinner.

Hello Grego.. I was looking at the pics thru my wifes phone and it looked like a runner with a Can-Bac or something. You were one of the smart ones and bought your truck new and hung on to it. I knew that, as what one of my kids would tell me is that I had a "Dur" moment or I earned my Dur patch today.
Hey Terry, Yeah, the flag is one I've had in there for a while... It's sticking through the holes in the Hi-Lift... leaning on the curve in the shell to keep it there. People look in there and like that.... They sometimes say, "Hey, an American Flag in a Japanese Made Truck", ...and I answer, "Yeah, and RE-MADE in the USA!" lol..... I sometimes think about removing all the stickers.... Not sure, hmmmmmmmmm.

Grego's truck is that mix of stock and 'flare', too.... LOVE that PU!
Old 12-28-2012, 08:09 AM

Very short planned trip, which I'm currently in, to Havasu, AZ, to see my Pops. My Sister can't do long distance drives.... Couple reasons. Anyway, I said I'd drive her and my mom out there... And once again, for the first time in YEARS(next to Thanksgiving), my mom and dad and sis and I are in the same place all at once...... MAN he's not doing well, guys.... Please keep him in your prayers? Not walking right(barely walking I should say).... Getting REALLY forgetful, short term(no signs of Vascular dementia or Altz....BUT scary, nonetheless)..... This is a rough time of life, having lost so many people over the last few years..... But, THAT'S LIFE! It begins, it's lived and it ends.... FOR NOW!

Eating at Barley Bros.,

Old 12-28-2012, 08:56 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
I know what you're going through with the memory loss... One of my relatives (VERY close to me) is going through the same thing right now and it's a tough pill to swallow for the people that surround them. Like always, you're in my prayers
Old 12-28-2012, 04:57 PM

Received 8 Likes on 5 Posts
Hey Mark,

Where's the doggy bag form Barley Bros?

My brother was up there in August, say's it was hella hot and dry air.
Coming down from Bull Head City he stopped in Havasu and ate at Barley Bros. Said the sliders and ale were the bomb.

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread