Search this Thread

Old 11-19-2012, 10:00 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
i really am sorry mark that his prognosis is not as hoped
Old 11-20-2012, 05:01 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Doesnt sound good and it in the holiday seasons, that will make is sure to make it harder. Will be keeping you in mind.
Old 11-20-2012, 06:45 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Chef, continuing to send positive, healing vibes that way.
Old 11-20-2012, 07:09 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
praying for you and yours buddy.
Old 11-20-2012, 10:51 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Hey buds, .... thanks!

Yeah, .... well, I've spent the last 36 hours pretty much straight through looking for paperwork, signing paperwork, dreaming of paperwork(in what TINY bit of sleep I got) and will spend my entire early morning DOING more paperwork with the Hospital Social Worker, regarding his ..... ughhhhhhhh, hate even saying it, .."MediCal" paperwork. Just have one term to bring up... for anyone NEARING Senior Years.... or loved ones that are, .... 'LONG TERM CARE INSURANCE'! SCREW being cheap about that, if you can help it of course. I understand many can't.. BUT HE REFUSED to keep paying for it...... bout 1 year ago! ...

I'm NOT mad at him, obviously... he's suffering enough... it's just ole Murphy... that SOB! lol. No, but really... even his primary care doctor told him, "DO NOT let this go.. you'll regret it.. you're in that hole where you can't quite say your impoverished,....even though you are... YET, you're also CLEARLY not wealthy enough to barely do anything but live hand to mouth for your entire senior years... Thank GOD there are great social workers at the hospital, lighting the fire under MediCal... But it's just so sad..... I mean, one GIGANTIC Gov. Agency lighting a fire under another, which in turn, in the end, just comes back and TAKES EVERYTHING you own out from under your beneficiaries! Oh man... I'm just overwhelmed I guess.. NOT trying to be negative, ... I'm really not. It is what it is.. I guess you could say 'REALITY' takes a lot of the "Positive" out of "realism"! lol.

I DID NOT carpet the one panel yet... BUT IT FIT, IT'S INSTALLED AND THE SPEAKER IS IN/LIGHTS AS WELL! WOOT! lol.

I am way too exhausted to take pics.. BUT, I will, promise.

Leaving tomorrow to visit my pops... CAN'T WAIT to see him! Not great to see him not doing well... BUT seeing him is great, period. LOVE the dude, big time... GREAT Father to me, never let me down, EVER! MAY take my truck.... Probably will... So I will just snap a pic for ya all while out there.. The light works GREAT in that spot.... lights up the whole area from the side, killing lots of shadow!

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 11-20-2012 at 10:53 PM.
Old 11-20-2012, 11:23 PM

PS> Looks like I will likely have to replace the 6x9's here, eventually... Something I'd forgotten hearing, especially since the sub, .... "pfffffrrrrrrrrrrrt" at certain volumes... Seems more obvious when at lower volume... It's definitely an internal thing, or at least I'm guessing... as there are NO tears on these.... They're totally in tact. I think the other one is 'pffffffrrrrrrrrt' free, lol... BUT, meh... what would I do, grab one older/known working TSA7959? Not likely, I know, lol. Sounds GREAT when it's not doing it... It's done it through 2 decks.. so I guess it's just half 'pffffffrrrrrrt'd up, yeah?
Old 11-21-2012, 12:04 AM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
.... "pfffffrrrrrrrrrrrt" at certain volumes... Seems more obvious when at lower volume... It's definitely an internal thing,
so I guess it's just half 'pffffffrrrrrrt'd up, yeah?
customer support yes sir what seems to be the problem?
my speakers pfffffrrrrrrrrrrrt
excuse me sir? they what?
they pfffffrrrrrrrrrrrt

oh yes sir! that model has had that issue im very sorry for the inconvenience

now due to their age we can offer a replacement but it BraaaaaaPPPPPs or for an upgrade you can have the silent whine model but i can say the usage time for that one customers dont last long...
Old 11-21-2012, 09:18 AM

Coffee nearly went flying, lol.. Needed that. Thanks, William

Yeah, ... it's odd.. Today, it's not seeming to do it... And the strange thing is that it's a frequency that you can CLEARLY hear right next to it... but not really from the front. So MEH, run em til they blow, right?

"Sir, the 'Run-Em Til They Blow' series is not currently in stock... HOWEVER, ...the ALREADY HALF BLOWN YET PENDING TOTAL FAILURE models are in full stock! If you'd rather wait for 'run em til they blow' speakers... Please try back later... Your business is very important to us.

PS> We do have "HOLY CRAPLULA, DID YOU HEAR THAT" SPEAKERS, RIGHT NOW, in stock, as well.... We'll toss them to ya for 50% off...... for Half of a Pair " haha.
Old 11-21-2012, 10:16 AM

Coffee nearly went flying, lol.. Needed that. Thanks, William
we need a coffee spray alert
Old 11-21-2012, 10:58 AM

Received 670 Likes on 459 Posts
Always-Hot Deck Lamp

Hey Mark,
I hope you're coping well with your stepdad's situation.
Did you get the chance to do the Always-Hot decklamp mod? Anyway, here's how I did it:
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f199...l#post52001801

Re: Speakers:
I'am also starting to shop for a Sub. Want it mounted withinn panel to right of Roll bar uptubes, so looks like it will an 8-incher for me. HAppy thanksgiving, guys
Old 11-21-2012, 03:16 PM
Contributing Member

at what freq. is the pfffrt? not spec. # ...just high/mid/low? might be the deck is not putting out enough watts and the speaker is "under-driving" or the wires might not be big enough to get the power back there to "motor" the speaker properly.
try cleaning the contacts and wire spades with contact cleaner and putting a dab of dyelectric grease on them and reattaching the wires... this might help too.

Hope things work out for your step dad soon... EOL issues are a major PITA folks make sure you have a will and a "living will" and tell your friends & family what your needs/desires are. If you can afford it buy the long term care ins. it may make your life a lot more comfortable in the event of a major illness/accident.

Have a safe trip Mark... take it easy and get some goodnight sleeps and have fun reconnecting with your pop.
Old 11-22-2012, 12:27 AM

Hey guys...... thanks for the laughs, well wishin, prayers and helpful tips, etc., etc., etc... It seems silly to some... but I VERY MUCH SO look forward to checking in to my YotateFamily! lol. It's not just toyotaticulitus... it's definitely a deep appreciation I have for all of you all who stop in and join with me in just, well, 'sharing life'. Whether the Rig, Life's day to day or CRISES... it's all part of the journey.. And I've been very blessed to have met and made, literally, 'friends' with many of you, on AND off of here. All of you who've offered your ear and time... THANK YOU! I have MUCH to be thankful for... and NEVER forget that... Maybe that's why I'm able to remain, hmmm, well at least PRETTY MUCH 'myself' hahaha, whether in trials or 'trails of joyful things!' ... ya feel me?

So,............. THE RIG PERFORMED FANTASTICALLY! All the mods(at least the ones that came with me, lol) have turned out very useful, already, and I'm VERY glad I took the time to make decisions that I'd want to stick with for good.

Got around 20MPG but largely so much less this time due to the HORRIBLE traffic all the way to Barstow(128Miles or so of the 300). Took 3 hours to do that first 120 miles... hahaha. And at that point... when I filled up, it was 120miles at 6 Gallons. So actually, that's pretty good. NEVER CAME CLOSE to raising a single degree on temp... AC performed flawlessly to keep momma cool, lol... and the tunes... WOW, I just love my system, and I can't wait to have it beefed up a lil more with the for the front 4 and new 6x9's... MAYBE.

Speaking on that, you may be right, Paul... BUT, I'm just not sure. It seems to do it only SOME TIMES... NOT always/not consistent. Ya know? When I get LOUD on volume, ... it seems to not be there, but I'm sure it is. The other speaker doesn't do it. The wiring for the speakers in rear? It's soldered in from the factory harness, back, and was replaced with monster 8AWG, years ago... I cleaned it up, installed it WELL... I mean it's SOLID, ...and it's still doing it. I always have them on the floor behind the front seats.. Well, I used to, anyhow. So maybe I just didn't notice it'?

It's a BTU7300 Pioneer.... Not a bad deck. Over this year, they've come down about half, OF COURSE hahahaha... BUT, anyway, it's Bluetooth, USB, AUX, XM Ready, .. etc. The last deck was also a higher end fold down face CD/MP3 XM ready Pioneer... lasted me a long time... and it still works, if Terry is using it. Just the face display would glitch out on occasions. BUT, it worked and had PLENTY of power. BUT, ...again, you could be right... who knows, it may be a coincidence, sure.

Hey RAD, .... I hear ya and I see ya... and I saw it, sure nuff! Thanks! Just a big fat no, not yet, on the "did you wire up constant hot to deck?"... hahaha... I will though. Didn't even have time to put in my red light in it .... BUT I WILL!
Old 11-22-2012, 02:21 AM

Originally Posted by aviator
at what freq. is the pfffrt?
It's a BTU7300 Pioneer.... Not a bad deck.
Mark, Another idea... Does your system have active crossover so you filter out the low frequencies away from rear and front amps and speakers, and send them only to your sub? This way your low-mid to treble amp channels and corresponding speakers only have to deal with low-mid to trebles, then your sub amp only has to deal with low freqs. Cleaner and more efficient this way.

My Seemingly inexpensive HU (Came with truck when I bought her) has option to send low freqs only to rear speakers, or only to sub-woofer.

Darn traffic. Took us 1.5 hours just getting out of San Diego; Got better when we got on 215, tho.

Last edited by RAD4Runner; 11-22-2012 at 09:51 AM.
Old 11-22-2012, 08:28 AM
Contributing Member

A crossover could solve the problem... if you've already bumped up the wire size restrictions caused by the small factory wire should'nt be the issue... all else I can think of is it might be dirty power caused by transients when something else is running like a fan for example... there are filters you can get that might solve the problem.

Holiday traffic is a nightmare... we got the grey cup game in town this weekend [our superbowl] not looking forward to the mess.
Old 11-22-2012, 10:39 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving as possible. Glad to see the rig is working like you planned.

I am working on getting the interior in mine and am hoping to put the stereo in here in the next couple of weeks. I got some pics of the interior that I need to put up, but I am not on my computer so it will be a day or two before I get to post them. Appreciate it.
Old 11-23-2012, 06:56 PM
Contributing Member

Now I'm coming down with a cold... lotsa fun driving fer work when yer head is spinning...
got me some quality drugs should solve that problem... Like you Mark I don't have time to be sick... how was your turkey? moist I hope... nothing worse than dry turkey... only way to eat that is to load it up with gravy and salt...
Old 11-23-2012, 09:50 PM

Originally Posted by RAD4Runner
Mark, Another idea... Does your system have active crossover so you filter out the low frequencies away from rear and front amps and speakers, and send them only to your sub? This way your low-mid to treble amp channels and corresponding speakers only have to deal with low-mid to trebles, then your sub amp only has to deal with low freqs. Cleaner and more efficient this way.

My Seemingly inexpensive HU (Came with truck when I bought her) has option to send low freqs only to rear speakers, or only to sub-woofer.

Darn traffic. Took us 1.5 hours just getting out of San Diego; Got better when we got on 215, tho.
Wait, .... blah blah wakka wakka maimai? Hahahahaa... jk. YET, I think I should leave that one at "I am NOT sure on that one, Rad " haha. It's a decent Pioneer with Bluetooth and most of the goodies, ...including dual subwoofer settings, even down to hz, 50, 64, 80, 125hz and such.... 1, 2 or 3 level settings on the subs as well... NOT sure on the amps settings.(has, like my old Pioneer that Terry now has... a "SLA" setting as well. ??? ) For now, btw, I only have the one 2 channel, bridged, going to my Sub.... It's a 350W RMS/600W Peak(probably why the JL Competition Sub is so happy, right? lol....) .... The reason I don't think it's the stereo; 1. When it does it, it only seems to do it from the LF/Driver side speaker(I'll check when I finally remember to/Been in and out of the rig 30 times in 3 days... never once remembered to check haha)... 2. I get no clipping or 'pfffffrrrrrrrrrt'n from the front 4" Blaupunkts.... They're decent, but not the best of the best, ... just better than average, ya know? Yet, I would think, seeing that they're sharing 4x50w.... wouldn't they offer some frequency farting too? hahaha. Maybe not, ... I guess if the Pioneer 6x9's are meant for 50W RMS and 100W max....MAYBE they're unhappy or something.. / I'll verify this when I listen.

I hear ya on the Traffic.... was pretty bad, lol. Took 7.5 hours to Havasu.... 290 Miles. HOWEVER, Mum needed to stop more often than I normally would have.... bout 3 half hour stops... Was fine... No hurry. So I guess 6.5 hours with what normally has been 5-5.5hrs. LOVED doing the drive with mom.... LOTS of talking and comforting her, etc., etc. She's a ROCK, guys and gals... I'm pretty tough with handling crises and drama... She's UNREAL in staying positive and so on. NEVER wants to be a burden. Just a WONDERFUL Human being!

A crossover could solve the problem... if you've already bumped up the wire size restrictions caused by the small factory wire should'nt be the issue... all else I can think of is it might be dirty power caused by transients when something else is running like a fan for example... there are filters you can get that might solve the problem.

Holiday traffic is a nightmare... we got the grey cup game in town this weekend [our superbowl] not looking forward to the mess.
Thanks, Paul.... I will try the filter... I had one before. I have some AM noise/drama.. Like a "weeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrewwwwwwwww" . I know the deck has a filter, but I'm sure it's not the best.

Originally Posted by Terrys87
Hope you have a great Thanksgiving as possible. Glad to see the rig is working like you planned.

I am working on getting the interior in mine and am hoping to put the stereo in here in the next couple of weeks. I got some pics of the interior that I need to put up, but I am not on my computer so it will be a day or two before I get to post them. Appreciate it.
Nice! I hope it works out for ya well! It's not loaded with the latest options... but it NEVER gave me a problem with a CD and it IS XM ready... Just have to grab a module to plug in the back. Can't wait to see the pics. Happy Thanksgiving to you as well... hope it was a blessed one for ya.

Now I'm coming down with a cold... lotsa fun driving fer work when yer head is spinning...
got me some quality drugs should solve that problem... Like you Mark I don't have time to be sick... how was your turkey? moist I hope... nothing worse than dry turkey... only way to eat that is to load it up with gravy and salt...
Wow, sorry to hear that, homie! Stupid bugs! Mine was gone within 72 hours for the most part. TOTALLY gone now. Just be sure to keep it out of the lungs... this is a bad one that's taking many people out for weeks! Geeeesh!

We went to a restaurant called Shugrues. Very decent food. It was a 12 item menu or so... Turkey was on there, and everything came with the trimmings... I got a Rack of Lamb, Medium Rare.... Mint Chutney and Jam on the side(LOVE Lamb!) First Thanksgiving in a while that wasn't in a home. My family is moving that way... as they know I work really hard and many hours and they just don't want me to have to... I greatly appreciate it... but miss it as well I guess. I told them that next year I'm DOING Dinner... We'll all visit my father again, as long as he's with us Really sad.... he can hardly walk anymore. Falling too much, etc.

Hope everyone had a beautiful Holiday with the loved ones you wanted to... For those who didn't or are having a hard time... I'm really sorry.
Old 11-24-2012, 08:43 AM
Contributing Member

Sorry to hear you pop has trouble walking... IK it's an embarrassment but a walker might help they have nice ones with good wheels and a seat that are easy to use and would help him stay safe... a scooter is another albeit larger idea that will still allow him to be independent and mobile without the worry of falling own all over the place...
I've seen some with chrome wheels and rad flame paint jobs... lol...
Old 11-24-2012, 08:23 PM

Happy Thanksgiving, guys!

... It's a decent Pioneer with Bluetooth and most of the goodies...including dual subwoofer settings, even down to hz, 50, 64, 80, 125hz
Cool, Mark. Those freqs are basically where you want stereo to "filter frequencies". For example if you set cut-off freq to 80 hz, freqs lower than 80Hz (bass) will only go to your sub-woofer. This way your Blaupunkts and your 6x9 would not have work too hard producing those low frequencies.

...For now, btw, I only have the one 2 channel, bridged, going to my Sub...
Good setup. That's how I plan to do mine when I get my sub and amp.

The reason I don't think it's the stereo; 1. When it does it, it only seems to do it from the LF/Driver side speaker(I'll check when I finally remember to/Been in and out of the rig 30 times in 3 days... never once remembered to check haha)... 2. I get no clipping or 'pfffffrrrrrrrrrt'n from the front 4" Blaupunkts....
Makes sense, those buzzing, more often than not is acoustic/mechanical in nature, possibly because of defect in the speaker it self. Tried swapping the left and right to isolate the problem? IF buzzing follows speaker, then it must be the speaker. If it stays on driver's side, it could be from vibrating panels, or other parts.

Typically buzzing would happen at or around a certain frequency. At resonant frequency the acoustic properties of the speaker and surroundings naturally amplifies the vibration. = stronger vibration = more likely to cause the buzzing.

... I will try the filter... I had one before. I have some AM noise/drama.. Like a "weeeeeeeerrrrrrrrrrewwwwwwwww" . I know the deck has a filter, but I'm sure it's not the best.
Good approach, filter will prevent low frequency signal from getting to your 6x9's. IF that includes the frequency at which buzzing happens, it could help eliminate or minimize the buzzing.
Old 11-24-2012, 09:20 PM

Hey Chef, been a while since i checked in, I'm very sorry to hear about your step dad, but it's awesome to see how important family is to you. Take that how you will, sending you whatever strength my vitual support might give you. I sorta skimmed the last couple pages, looks like you're still figuring out whats right for you audio wise. If you can make it work in your truck, I would always recommend a pair of powered component speakers in the front, and a powered sub of at least 10" in the back. Cheapest quality system you can build. Overpower the speakers by at least 50% of their max power handling to ensure sound quality. I personally really like the alpine speakers, but have no experience with their amps. Once again shooting out my support Chef, sorry it's been so long.

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread