86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2012, 09:30 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
OH, Flea..... I read SO MANY comments on even their site saying "they burn out" or "don't last long" or, "after a couple hours of being on they go dim til next time", or "they only worked on 20% of them.... but they were great, sent new ones"..... I just didn't hear that on superbrightleds.com, ya know? Not as much. And they got them to me in 24 HOURS, ....from Missouri! hahaha. For 2.50$ !!!! hehehe.

AND, the panel from www.autolumination that I just posted? I think I'll go with that. Same great customer service, made in USA, 48 LED's only 4MM thick! Most are 10MM at least.... that's just too thick, man...it leaves the array pushing on the lens... I don't like that. When I wheel, things pop off! That would be one! hahaha.
Old 09-22-2012, 09:39 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Here we go just recorded the parts I was talking about just now. Hope ur still onlinr to see it.

http://static.photobucket.com/player...ps2c14a7c7.mp4
Old 09-22-2012, 04:13 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
nice choice

I agree spend the min amount of money to keep her on the road. The 22 re is a great motor and will give you a lot more miles once you do the head.
Old 09-22-2012, 08:20 PM

Originally Posted by Redeth005
Here we go just recorded the parts I was talking about just now. Hope ur still onlinr to see it.

http://static.photobucket.com/player...ps2c14a7c7.mp4
Hahahahahahaa..... NO, I swear, I'm not laughing at ya.... It's just so funny how I NEVER HAVE FREAKING TIME, let alone to get a new phone that would have allowed me to see that link while standing in the yard! lol.... Anyway..... I'll answer below in the ''post of the day", haha.... Came out clear, that vid....is that on your Coolpix? It's so FULL SCREEN, too, lol...

Originally Posted by hobbies4life
I agree spend the min amount of money to keep her on the road. The 22 re is a great motor and will give you a lot more miles once you do the head.
Hehe.... Hey Hobbies.... I'm assuming you're commenting on the first post, maybe? I've rebuilt the head twice, fully rebuilt the block twice, and in fact wound up with a second/new to me block..... And lots more. Don't worry.... I'm sure hardly anyone even browses through this thread anymore, it's sooooooo longggggggg! hahaha... BUT, I WILL, one day, do a 'clean and concise write up with permalinks' or maybe even just pull them over to a new Sticky type thread, ya know? LOTS of helpful stuff in the midst of a CRAP STORM OF BLABBER!

IT IS, in fact, a great motor... I concur. I'd rather have a 3RZ or maybe some crazy diesel like RBX..... but alas, for now?>>> "That'll do, pig, ....that'll do",
Old 09-22-2012, 09:31 PM

"PICK-YOUR-PART" Part...... 47?

Hehe....

First, I just have to share a bit of what I'm talking about.... Just a TINY example of what I came up on THE DAY IT WAS PLANTED in the yard!(the 87).... I also should mention the head was gone, but the block was VERY smoothly flowing around, completely still assembled, other than the head..... And THIS IS WHAT SOMEONE THINKS IS ETHICAL 'DIY-YARD' practices>>>>

...... Honestly, .... WTH? BTW, that is not the new Toyota "LITERALLY SLANTED V6"... "It's a Chrysler 3000 V6 that someone pulled, THEN probably got the price, ...THEN decided, 'nope'... and in addition must have said, "Hey, put it there, holmes...... Right there, foo"............ BARKING ICE HOLES! OH, btw.... when I left, yesterday? BOTH these grills were in perfect shape... the 86's, on the Blueberry one in the background in the next pic? PRISTINE! Well, .... someone decided, "Hey, pull that off"... and then proceeded to LITERALLY pull it off.. Breaking the entire bottom/center portion off inside the core support! AHHHHHHHHHHHHH! My fault, in TINY part.... As I should have just grabbed it yesterday... ALWAYS liked the 86 Grill with the 3 columns.... ANYWAY.... that's not the HALF of it... BUT, I'll leave the rest alone for later.

Here's a pic of something that helped me out in 'TAKING DIBS'... Both vehicles were right next to each other/cross the rows....

In the end I got;

* What appears to be a SOLID AC Compressor and both hoses off it(Jason-TN)

* Both rear seat side panel 'containers' with removable pockets for stashing things in them(Jason-TN)

* All Brackets(sides and middle) for back seat Upright/Backrest portions(Jason-TN)

* A NEARLY PERFECT OEM Blueberry Blue 1st Gen 4Runner Passenger Fender(Jason-TN)

* 2 Headlight Adjusting Screw apparatus and 2 springs(Richard-Redeth)

* 1st Gen 4Runner rear Gate LARGER 'gate-to-body' seal was in GOOD condition with screws and NO separations/BUT, some small perforations along the outer portion of the hollow section of the strip(It's the one that goes from the top of the tailgate, down and all along the bottom then up the other side and mounts again on the top of the tailgate with 2 screws on each side(Terrys_87)

* Inclinometer(It's red cover/and I have the bracket... Can easily be painted..... And, it has to be adjusted internally on the 'side to side tip over' section)..... ("?" No one has claimed it... But I have around 10 PM's, hahaha... So, I'll have to see if someone asked for that/and I remember someone asking for one a while back... I want to be fair, and it wont be free, I PROMISE you! lol.... But Just want to give it to the one who asked for it first )

* EDIT; Just adding this, forgot... (I'm sure there's more, as I said, lol).... Charcoal Canister that tested best... Grabbed it. WHY NOT, RIGHT? haha... I have just about everything else to swap out to try and find this gremlin... Wouldn't that be great if that thing does it for 3$? lol.

The rest I'm not sure anyone needs... nor that I want to part with it.. BUT PM me and I'll see, K? .........

* Toyota Jack in PERFECT Condition and Jack Handle/Bung type with hook on the end AND rubber strap in perfect condition/with latch still attached.

* Toyota L-Handle for cranking up and down the rear tire/without the long rod for doing so, unfortunately,..but I have that, and the L-Handle... So maybe if someone who's missing that cranking handle needs it...

* 2 Badge Trim "TOYOTA 4RUNNER" pieces.. The trims were fine, but I left them.

* 2 Window Control Modules behind the drivers seat in the panel(REALLY nervous about pulling my panel out to try and even repair mine from it's 'intermittent bumbling It's SO EASY to damage it... I tried TERRIBLY hard to get the

* Complete EGR/Vacuum Hard line to Plenum rail with 4? lines?/Modulator

* 2 Perfect condition "80" Stamped Rubber Leaf Pack Bump Stops....

* 2 Deck lamps switches(that makes 3-4 I have now... I think I just need one by the back gate somewhere/ Along with the Extra Back window switch I got........

* Back Window console Up/Down Switch(#2 in 2 days, I THINK? lol)....

* A driver side Door Window Trim(for me, lol... Mine is a LIL bit compromised... makes a 'pssssssss' NOISE, grrr!) hehe...

I'm sure there's more, I'm just SO EXHAUSTED, ....... TOTALLY brain farting, ahaha...

I'll get pics tomorrow of everything over the last few trips

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 09-22-2012 at 11:21 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 10:30 PM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
Good score Mark!! I scored a digital gauge cluster for my camry at the ecology in Santa Fe Springs....but the freak'n fuel gauge sender and dimmer switch was gone!!! which I need to make it work. I'm sure I can figure out the wiring on my own though and add a potentimeter or whatever they're called...got the electronic wiring diagrams.

OH, and if no one wants the broken Inclinometer I'll take it because I have a Tercel inclinometer so I could probably swap that part out with the working one I got. Or put the altimeter part in my tercel one. Color doesn't matter to me because I have an idea to custom fit it on my pickup and cover it with my same dash pad material.

I know you wanted to see pics, I finished installing my very rare Toyota Canadian 25th anniversary spoiler on the camry. That's the one I showed you at the yard. A guy wanted to give me $300 for it in the shape it was in, but I passed, this was a once in a lifetime find for anybody, specially being in the US.

Last edited by Grego92; 09-22-2012 at 10:33 PM.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:17 PM

VERY NICE, GREGO! That was indeed a VERY rare find, I'm sure! And of all places, right? lol... PLUS, you did such a great job cleaning it up, man! ...And, ...... I hear ya on the Inclinometer... But, I honestly think it's 'not broken', but rather, it's 'needing adjustment/tweeking'... Inside there are things you can do to reset the tiltometer sections. Yeah, the Altimeter and Tilt from front to back work just fine/adjust just fine... The middle one adjusts too... just the wrong way! hahaha... So, seeing that it's in pretty much perfect condition with NO cracks in the cover, with the bracket and mounting nuts as well.... I really don't think I want it torn apart, ya know? It can easily be painted gray or whatever color is needed. (Not being a knob, I promise, Grego .... I just know there are always people looking for them/asking me if I've seen one.. SOOOOO, now......... ya know? ) I was really surprised it was still there.. BUt, then again, I planted my stuff near one while I worked on the other... WAITING, yes, you're right... FOR THIEVES! hahaha... I told 8 PEOPLE, at least, "DUDE, .... s'all mine"... They'd ask, "What is?"... I'd say, "ANYTHING I WANT, until I'm done.... Ask me, I'll tell you if I'm taking it".. And they would, no problems. But one guy.... DANG! Just a RUDE 120# lil punk! He kept coming back by my tools, then I'd make eye contact... he'd walk away, ..then come back... FINALLY, I just walked over and locked everything up! hahah)I had my lock and a cable lock too, to lock the box to the yard dolly's, ya know? hahahahahaa. Hey, NEVER again am I dealing with that crap if I can help it... Take parts out like an idiot, brake stuff..... Drop motors on top of PERFECTLY GOOD other motors? Ok, whatever... but STEAL MY STUFF? I was TOTALLY ready for just taking someone down to the greasy floor and holding them there for the police... NOT kidding!

I totally tripped on that Blueberry 4Runner.... It didn't even hit me til day 2 that TERRY'S 4RUNNER IS BLUEBERRY BLUE! haha.. (Ok, his wound up a lil different, I think he said? But still, CLOSE, and originally, that was it! lol)... The thing, body wise, was REALLY straight.

Another thing I'm just jotting down; I need to find some 2nd Gen Door Panel Pockets.... Mine are fine.. but those are MUCH longer and wider... They hold a bit more, from what I remember, right, Terry?(Thanks for that 139080'TH tidbit, btw! hehe... )

Not sure if I mentioned it... but THANKS, RBX!! I will check your thread out asap. I have all the goodies to do that now.... I could even put a 3rd in AND the over head one... BUT, would probably be overkill, right? lol.
Old 09-22-2012, 11:25 PM

PS> just to avoid having to take off my map light cover more than I need to.... Can anyone PLEASE tell me if they are a Ba9 bulb? I SWEAR they appear to be... But the 1st Gen Map Light does not seem to come off as easily as the 2nd Gen Maplight does. I might just be content with the original gear if I can get one of these in there... BUT I MUST know if it would work, first.... ANYONE???????? hehehe.

PSS> If you've answered this already..... please forgive me? I didn't see it, I swear!
Old 09-23-2012, 12:31 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I am not sure what bulbs they are, but I will see if I cant get to the parts store in tomorrow morning and find out as I have my cover off and the bulb is easily accessable.

Thanks for the the tailgate piece. Let me know cost and shipping and I will get a MO in the mail.

I sent a text this morning with a pic and the message didnt go thru. Something that I wanted to mention as I thought of it later on that others could use that you could sell is the "L" trims. You can ship them like they do golf clubs and it isnt a bad price for shipping. Trying to ship them in a box is rather large. Just wrap them in padding.

To get them out of a runner you need to work from the inside out. Remove interior trim and on the passenger side, I kneel in the rear seat and use my left forearm to apply even pressure along the top forward corner and using a small flat blade screw driver or putty knife, I cut the glue that holds it in place. It is hard to get it started but once it gets going is quick to come out. The window assembly will come out on the outside. Once it is out, there are some nuts that hold the "L" trims to the window.

It is a shame what others damage when it isnt theirs, you can only hope it bites them in the butt when they need a piece someday.

When I come across one in good condition, I try to disassemble the dash or interior as I may need to come back for a part later on. Hoping it will survive some idiot that may destroy it otherwise. On a 84-88 it is quicker to work from the drivers side to the passenger side. On a 89-95, work from the passenger side to the drivers side.

On your door buzzer, you can hook it up with out the cover and adjust the tab and control its noise to some level if you dont want it completely off.
Old 09-23-2012, 02:22 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
sad people do that to parts hated seeing it in the pickaparts i frequented in houston years ago

subscribing

did they have the passenger splash shields in the wheel well

i want to see pictures on them side pockets when ya install them i was thinking of adding those to mine any map lights in them runners chef? lol

Last edited by Cyberhorn The Dragon; 09-23-2012 at 02:27 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 05:48 AM

Sounds like u got a full pick!!
Old 09-23-2012, 09:31 AM

Terry, no problem! NO worries on the cost... I owe ya at LEAST one! lol. I just wanted to reiterate..... IT DOES have some tears INTO the rubber in spots... but none 'THROUGH' if you KWIMean? The spots that 'pop in' are all solid and didn't seem to have any tears at all.. It was SECURE to the gate all the way around, including the top part with the 2 screws on each side. Far as the back windows.... Can't I just remove the whole thing? I doubt it would be too much, ya know? Can it come out in ONE PIECE? THEN remove the L Trim later? You know, like shave around the edge and then have someone stand out there and 'catch' them and help 'pull' as they're coming out? I gotta tell ya.... the way they put these badge pillars on the outside on?(with the Louvers and Toyota 4Runner written in them?)..... NOT EVEN sure I could ever get those out without breaking at least one tab! lol.... 2nd One I removed came fine.. First one, just one side of one tab out of 5 snapped off... The bottom sleeve is side to side and top two are OPPOSSING ANGLED SLOTS(middle pair on the bottom faces up, top pair faces down... WTHHHHHHHHHHHH? HAHAHA) .... BTW, thanks for the message and pics... I thought I'd mentioned that, sorry if not... My phone doesn't have pics or internet.... it's the same price to add that as a smart phone would be, lol..... And on my rumor2? NO WAY am I wasting that extra money for pics I can't even see cuz the screen is so small? hehehehe. SOON, I will have my new phone...... soon And THANKS on the buzzer thing, again!!!!!

Cyberhorn, ... SUP? , ........ Subscribed... FINALLY? HEHEHE, jk...

Yeah, they had most of the splash shields. The red ones were in perfect condition...I could use some to 'test on'... BUT ,I don't technically NEEEEEED them.... Just wanted some to experiment with because my 32's keep grabbing on the lil 'tab' section.... I could cut but WANT it sealed, completely... so I figured 'put in support ring rivet and bend around the edge and self tapping screw..... stick that sucker there for good! lol. But, I see those often.... they're hardly ever taken, and often removed already for guys to get to wiring, etc.(often TORN OUT, )

The pockets? Those are for Jason, whom you know...and you two could walk through how best to install them.... They're a LILLLLLLLLL tricky, but if you pull the inner spear tabs off, then cut out the panel, then leave enough for the spears to go through all around the panel.... then put the spear locking tabs back on from the inside... YOU'RE SET! lol... Those panels are easy to damage, ..BUT, if you just remove the seat belt plastic bezel on the panel, slide it out a bit, the panel comes off WAYYYYYYYY easier to a point(can't remember if you have to remove the seat belt portion in the panel itself and pull it through in order to remove the panels completely.. but I would imagine so, for sure)... DO NOT need to remove it... just enough to get the pockets in there ....But they're not TOO difficult to remove, now that I've really looked at how they're installed... For the pockets; Just have to have a PERFECT stencil of the inside line of the main pocket ... And make sure the drop in dish has room to bottom out on the main pocket, ya know? Mine are original, so I'll get pics to help with reference... But I think you'll have to REALLY carefully work that one out, ya know? DO NOT need rivet rings or anything for support... The spear locking tabs have them built on to them.

Flea, in the place to b! hehehe... Wutup, buddy? Hope you're well.... Yeah, it was a good day. I mean, to get the Aisin Hubs, ...VERY unheard of... But that brings me to to a funny story, .................

RICHARD! Guess who was there? hahaha... The "Auto Locking Hubs" guy! lol.... He had already come and taken the covers off of 2 of the rigs.. I KNOW it was him!(2nd gens, but still, they were clean and the day before I'd seen them)... But he WAITED TOO LONG to come back to the 1st Gens... so when he walked up, I said, "Hey man, how are ya? ..... BTW, .... ask me before you take something, I might be grabbing it".... Kinda felt bad for him, as I know how hard it is to find these there... And he WAS actually a pretty nice guy, ya know? (the tall dude). FIRST thing he asked me, .... Were these Manual Hubs? I said "YEP, they're in my garage as we speak!", hahaha... I think you got him thinking, and NOW he wants to find parts for his manual ones or something. Anyway, it was pretty funny..... And then he asked for 'AC in there?'..... I said, "YEP! And I'm taking that, too".

These guys grabbed a FLAWLESS 3.0 right across from me... The crank and bearings and cam and all were PRISTINE! We talked both days. Loaned each other tools... They watched my stuff while I grabbed a cart, etc. VERY good to have extra eyes there.

PS> TERRY! , lol.... Why is the L-Trim needed for those sliding windows on the shell? HOW IN THE HECK do they get messed up? They're like FROZEN in there no?

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 09-23-2012 at 09:45 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 10:04 AM

Damn i missed out a lot in just that one day.
Mark thanks you very much for those headlight adjuster screws and the springs. i'll grab those from you next time i go over. btw how much did it come out to? or did those fit nicely in your pocket? lol
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Btw the video i recorded was off my Android smart phone. After i recorded it i uploaded it to photobucket on the photobucket app.
As for you not being able to get pix on your phone and jump on yotatech either lol.... I'm telling you man if you get urself a smart phone you wont have that problem again. I'd reccomend an android. I know tons of people love the iphone. But Android had been far ahead of the game for a long time. AND you have to pay for tons of the iphone apps unless you jailbreak your phone then everything is free but it voids the iphone warrenty. Androids on the other hand have SOOO MANY FREE APPS and if it aint free they at least have a demo or free version of it on the market somewhere too. Not to mention the iphone is too small for my big ol' hands. and you have bigger hands then me. I'd reccomend the Galaxy s3 for you man. Nice and big, has a better camera then my phone, and one feature i absolutly have to have on my phones. It has a long lasting Removable battery. I like the droid razr, but the fact that the battery is built in makes me not want it. I'm on my phone for alot of the part of the day, especially at work, so when my battery runs out i dont like to be running around looking for the nearest outlet to charge it. It's just easier to pop that sucker out and put in another long lasting battery.
My upgrade is in november im sure that is the phone i'll be getting, unless they come out with something better.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Back to truck talk. Sucks so bad to see that motor right on top of the toyota's motor. such a pain to see that kind of stuff every time we go over there eh. i hate it too. makes you wish you could just see who exactly does it so you can give them a nice beating huh? Or am i just a violent person? lol Also a out the tools thats a good strategy. i never thought to lock my stuff to my cart lol. I told you about one of my times at the pick your parts on Alameda. I caught some dude looking through my tools as i was returning to my cart. I caught him red handed. Not like i have top of the line tools or anything or even super expensive pieces. but i get where you're coming from it just turns my stomach so much from getting so mad when i see that stuff. Makes me wanna smash my breaker bar in someones face. (ok ok i think maybe i am violent lol) It's hilarious when i caught the guy, this was years back when i was a mean ol work out addict and used to wear muscle shirts everywhere i went lol. and so when i caught the guy looking through my stuff i walked up behind him, purposely and grabbed his shoulder/neck area nice and tight and asked him, "You see anything you like in there?" and the dude flipped. got caught red handed with my dad's drill and a few other parts. when i seen he had the in his hand i tightened my grip and told him put everything back where it was. This tiny mexican(i'm allowed to say that because I"M BEANER TOO!) was looking everywhere trying to look for words to say then he finally came out with, "I was just gonna borrow them for a second to take something off this other car. and at that moment i see his kid coming from a few rows back calling out to his "Papi" and the goodness in me overwhelmed me wanting to bash his face in in front of his kid. so i let him go, after he returned my tools of course. but before anything i told him watch what you take from people because you may not be so lucky as today.
I mean seriously this guy was tiny scrawny and just pathetic any way you look at him. and but seriously jacking my stuff while you have your kid with you.... WTF. Be a F'n role model man. seriously! anyway that's my story. sorry to take up your thread space lol.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Edit: adding to your previous post that i missed.
Damn about those dudes with the Auto locking hubs... Maybe i should have kept my mouth shut about why they are better lol. You know they never did call me back for the clean trade of my Auto lockers with their manual ones. I really thought they would trade. oh well
And i hear ya on the extra eyes man. thats always handy. too many people with sticky fingers and always looking for the right opportunity to steal some "new to them" tools.

Last edited by Redeth005; 09-23-2012 at 10:12 AM.
Old 09-23-2012, 11:03 AM

NOTE TO SELF(and anyone that might have insight);

* I DO want to use the 2nd Gen 4Runner map light... BUT, I don't want to put it right up against the windshield and cut to fit if I can help it... I'd rather use the existing 1st Gen 4Runner Maplight Plate.... Leave my original mirror and slide the 2nd Gen maplight in the place of the 1st Gen 4Runner maplight. I KNOW it's different and has different cowls on top that need 'space'... But I'll look at Bryan's thread on ih8mud.com and see if I can get an idea of the differences. The bulbs for the Ba9 360degree style are 10$ each! lol... So, I'd rather do the BRIGHTER type apparatus of the 2nd Gen.. I just want to do it as easily as possible and without a spacer like that if possible, ya know?

* I need to 'FIND' or purchase the vacuum ports from Nissan or off a 22RE in the yard for the diff breathers extention... Then get the materials to get that over with.

* I want to swap the heater control valve with the new one, just to see if my 'cable binding' has more to do with my REALLY frozen up heater control valve and not so much the cables(GOOD LORD THAT WOULD BE NICE, haha).... Also need new heater core to hare line engine bay coolant pipes "hoses"..... One is leaking A TINY BIT... But never hits the ground? lol.

* Want to get a new Break Booster Vacuum line

* Got to fix my brakes with the new springs and see if I can turn this 'wavey' imbalance around

* Got to have my new to me 31 tire put on my spare SR5 Rim that's under the truck

* Want to replace my driver side door hinge... AGAIN! argg! haha... The bottom one is wonky too... so I think I'm just going to buy the nissan hinge repair kit and do it right one last time, ya know? They lasted 20 years or so before the originals finally started developing slack, right?

* Swap in the charcoal canister I got from the yard and verify all lines are clear

* Maybe get a new Gas Cap? Mine is 25 years old, ... and yet it did pass the 'gas cap test' at the smog station. But he had to redo it once... I feel like he said, "It was my machine/the way it was plugged in"... But can't be sure. I DOUBT it's an issue wit hot restarts, so I hate to waste money on it if mine is fine. BUT, I was thinking of getting a locking one, anyhow. YES, my gas door locks...but MAN, ...I'd hate to have it broken into AND my gas stolen... YET, ...seems like they'll puncture the tank to get it now adays, anyway, ya know?

* Really want to find an Outlaw2 for my 5th 32, ....grrr! lol.... They're NOT as plentiful in good shape as I'd have thought! Might end up just grabbing one new, but MAN I'd had to waste that kind of money for a spare, ya know?

PS> A Toyota Tech, in full Toyota Tech uniform came up to me, yesterday.... I told him it was my rig in the lot... He was very kind about how nice it was, etc. Anyway,..... I explained to him the issues I'm having... And he said, "People always think emissions and efi when stumbling comes up... Especially on hot restarts. BUT, what I SEE, for the last 20 years I've been there.... The Ignitor WAY more often than people on line seem to say, along with the coil, can cause 'TRICKY' to diagnose problems that wont throw a code. You seem to have every part that I would guess, otherwise, replaced, already.. So, if you have an ignitor and coil spare... Why not try them out? I've not replaced ONE of those Charcoal Canisters in 20+ years... But that doesn't mean it doesn't have some 'stopping up' problem where it's maybe causing vapor lock or something. Most of those get problems back east... THERE, sure, they get replaced often, as they tend to rot out. We can't repack them or anything... we just replace them, according to the bulletins, etc.".... He offered to come out to my rig, but not for a bit, and I was still busy for another couple hours on the AC, etc.
Old 09-23-2012, 12:28 PM

Oh, btw, ..... DOHHHHHHHH! lol>>>>>

http://www.4crawler.com/4x4/CheapTri...inometer.shtml
Old 09-23-2012, 12:51 PM

Heading out to the garage to CLEAN, VOCIFEROUSLY! ....... Like a manic Jack Russel or Lucy Ricardo after too much Coffee! hehehee..... BUT, I'll also get pics of EVERYTHING I've gotten from pick your part.... Just to give it some perspective...

PS> I paid 240$ with warranty on everything for all that I mentioned, yesterday... This guy is REALLY not my fav to get... The girl at closing is just REALLY, scuzzi for being rude... "Dumb as a doornail" when it comes to vehicles and what things are..... BUT, this guy is one of the Managers... Richard knows who I mean. BIG guy, and if you guilt him on the price, when you come back, he'll lower it or throw in 2 for one. He also at least shows you the price list... So He really gave me around 180$ off I can't complain... I just know that that lady would have charged me like 100$ for everything... She just wants TO CLOSE AND GO HOME! hahaha. "Cash only, no credit, ok???" hehehe.

Here are some pics;

1. The 2 cables that operate the latches on the side of the gate that keep it shut/open it, allowing it to come down.

2. The latch that keeps it closed/releases to open...

3. MY BREAKFAST! Yummo! lol..... YES< I know it's fattening..... But, WHATEVER! lol. No, just kidding... I really eat 7 Grain Hot Cereal most often.... Maybe some berries and a banana.. BUT, I had a hankering... So,

Eggs, Scrambled, tossed with Cave Aged SHARP Cheddar/ Applewood Bacon and Potato Latkes(FROM HEAVEN! I make INSANE ones )... Topped with home made apricot preserves and fresh Creme-Fresh(It's like Sour Cream, really).... HIT THE FREAKYDEAKY SPOT, GUYS, I'm tellin ya! .....>>>>>>

Old 09-23-2012, 01:37 PM

RICHARD, dangit, .... I forgot to mention... The blue one's hood was nearly PERFECT.... Clean as mine, but that lil ding everyone gets on the crease? Same one... small. It's probably gone by now... but I thought I'd mention it, since you DO need a hood, homie!
Old 09-23-2012, 06:01 PM
Contributing Member

Fancy looking breakfast feast there chef... I can hear your arteries hardening from here lol... not that I'm talking I eat some thing like that maybe once a quarter...

what is this nissan door kit of which you speak? my upper hinge is also loose in the pin and vexing me greatly...

sweet yard finds and loving the low prices... may hit the yard here tomorrow and see what there is...
Old 09-23-2012, 06:25 PM

thanks for grabing the parts mark, I know you had quite a list so it really means a lot that you took time to grab a few things for me.
Old 09-23-2012, 08:22 PM

Oh nice mark. I think im gonna hold off on a hood and vent for a while though. I'd rather put some money into the whole SAS stuff i still have to buy. I'll definitely get it after im done for sure. thanks for looking out for me though

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread