86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-03-2012, 06:16 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Dude! I'd so be up for a trip. Not too far away from home but something very scenic. Lol I'd probably be the youngest person there. But who cares. I love hiking. I used to go up to Azusa canyons every weekend with my 2 dogs to go on a beautiful scenic 12 mile hike with river crossings and cliffs to dive into the freezing cold river lol. Man sounds like a blast Mark. Hit me up whenever ur thinking about going. I'll try my best to make time.
Old 07-04-2012, 06:29 AM

sounds like fun but I like my Ozarks....LOL
Old 07-04-2012, 09:22 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
I'd LOVE to have a tour through the Ozarks... Have a good bud, Thook, who lives in the heart of em! He runs an Animal Shelter on his property.... LOTS of animals. He lives by a famous lake out there up in the mountains. Can't remember the name.... But the pics I've seen are INCREDIBLE, all around him!

But alas, my backyard is the Sierras, Sequoias, Death Valley, Coastal Wilderness... And closest, Angeles Crest National Forest.
Old 07-04-2012, 09:42 AM

Hey guys.... Just thought I'd whine about something, hahaha.....

Been wanting some high end(on sale) 4" Dash Speakers to replace my blaupunkt ones...(they're good, but not THE BEST ones they make).... And found these....

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage....equestid=52711

Notice the Online Availability? In store Pick-Up Availability? Pfffffbbbbbbbbbssssssst! hehehe.
Old 07-04-2012, 10:38 AM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
I'd LOVE to have a tour through the Ozarks... Have a good bud, Thook, who lives in the heart of em! He runs an Animal Shelter on his property.... LOTS of animals. He lives by a famous lake out there up in the mountains. Can't remember the name.... But the pics I've seen are INCREDIBLE, all around him!

But alas, my backyard is the Sierras, Sequoias, Death Valley, Coastal Wilderness... And closest, Angeles Crest National Forest.

I will share my backyard if you share yours... LOL... does he live in MO or Ark?
Old 07-04-2012, 11:25 AM

Ark-Alarky'SawZall! hahaha. (That's what my buddy from there calls it.. Lives in L.A. now and is torn... Wants to be home, but LOVES the social life here... plus, he likes that you can Surf/Ski/Waterski and Soak in a Hot spring in the desert, all in the same day? hahaha. But you know what they say.... "Come to L.A. on Vacation... leave on probation"... And there's another one that's actually RELATIVE to this point I was making, hahaaha... Something about "Welcome to L.A. , ..... AKA 'Hotel California'.... The place you check in, but you can never leave!" hahaha.
Old 07-04-2012, 12:23 PM

boy I would go insane any thing more than 10,000 people drives me crazy!!!LOL....
Old 07-04-2012, 03:02 PM

10,000? Yeah, this square block down the street has that, ...easy! hahaha. But honest, .... 45 minutes from my door and you're in the woods, man! Heck, 5 minutes if you're in Pasadena or something like that? haha. But yeah, I'm ready to live more 'out there', NO doubt! Lived on a lake in East Valley Spokane, WA for a while... VERY small town life. VERY MANY FEET OF SNOW, TOO! lol.
Old 07-04-2012, 05:50 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I got to see the Sequoias Park while out there. Beatuiful!! I heard they burnt a few years ago. That is too bad, hope they recover from the fire. Didnt get to see the Redwoods, would of liked too.

I have lived in several big cities and some smalll towns (75 people) told the wife when we win the lottery that I never play, I am getting back out on the farm. Have enjoyed everywhere I have lived. Pros and cons to them all.

Seen your views have went over 100 thousand, Wow!! I cant access the speakers that you are talking about, access is blocked from here. Have a great 4th of July.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:00 AM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Congrat grand pa,
Another young Dodger fan?!?! oh well we love her anyway.

Last edited by Buck87; 07-05-2012 at 08:01 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:07 AM
Contributing Member

Have you ever heard of Peculiar MO? It is where my dad went to high school.

Last edited by Buck87; 07-05-2012 at 08:25 AM.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:30 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Terrys87
I got to see the Sequoias Park while out there. Beatuiful!! I heard they burnt a few years ago. That is too bad, hope they recover from the fire.
The fires make them stronger. California forests like to burn. California people... not so much.
Old 07-05-2012, 11:48 AM

I got to see the Sequoias Park while out there. Beatuiful!! I heard they burnt a few years ago. That is too bad, hope they recover from the fire. Didnt get to see the Redwoods, would of liked too.

I have lived in several big cities and some smalll towns (75 people) told the wife when we win the lottery that I never play, I am getting back out on the farm. Have enjoyed everywhere I have lived. Pros and cons to them all.

Seen your views have went over 100 thousand, Wow!! I cant access the speakers that you are talking about, access is blocked from here. Have a great 4th of July.
The sequoias are doing ok, ...... THOUSANDS of years of Natural occuring fires and ones due to 'STUPID PEOPLE' can't seem to destroy them completely, hahaha. One year up there, I was NEARLY to the top of the Kern River/Upper Peppermint(That's when you head up the Kern River til you hit Kennedy Meadows Pass... That takes you from INYO and KINGS CO. overrrrrr the mountains and down to the east.... to the 395! The 395 is how you get to the Sierras.. >well, most people do, haha)... while I made this last turn, I saw light around the corner..... Yep, it was fire, but the majority of the light was from Fire Crews and their trucks..... The guy stopped me, asking, "Have you seen any of these kids?"... Apparently, the MORONS not only lit a fire,.... but they dropped their video camera that recorded THEM LIGHTING IT! They got scared.... The camera got pinned behind a high burn... so they left it and ran, thinking it would just burn up. It wasn't intentional arson..... but NEGLIGENCE? oh HELLLLLLLLLLLLS YEAH! After they ran, the fire turned and never burned the camera.... it was still recording. The video showed one of the kids with a roll of toilet paper, shoved over a big shovel handle.... He had soaked it with liquid fuel, ...then was running around with it like a torch. Well, ...if you've ever burned TP rolls... you'd know.... Apparently, when they burn, each piece as it burns, pulls off from the perforation, then floats off like the FEATHER light ember it is! He noticed this, floating off like fireflies, then QUICKLY starting a fire... when suddenly, in a BRILLIANT stroke of genius, he FLINGS the roll toward the Upper Kern River, hoping to just sink it.... OOPSIE! .... Landed in some Brush, ..... and it literally EXPLODED! That shut us off from where we were headed, and forced us to head back down and around the backside of the Sierras, into Mojave, then back up(80 Miles out of the way, through canyons, etc.).... FAR WORSE, of course, was the subsequent fire. But WOW, they are SO GOOD up there at cutting them off with control burns, etc. within 24 hours, they stopped it. Luckily, they have Lake Isabella to do pick ups with the planes and Heli's... And actually... there are many fires that just start by natural causes.

Originally Posted by Buck87
Congrat grand pa,
Another young Dodger fan?!?! oh well we love her anyway.
Hahaha... Actually, as I stated, ... I'm an Angels Fan. The Shirt is one of 2 that I got, brand new, with MLB Official Tag on them and all, for 1.99$ each at the Goodwill. I don't HATE the Dodgers... And actually, as involved in Baseball as I was(college and AA Minors in L.A.)... I NEVER get 'FAN'atical over it... Just don't care too much, to be honest. When I was young, however, my mom sang at around 20 Rams Games and 20 Dodgers games... She was a National Anthem Fav!(She sang professionally for years, including the Closing Ceremonies at the 84 Olympics with Lionel Richie and Kenny Loggins/They were big at the time for doing Movie Soundtracks like Footloose, etc.).

You asking Terry? haha.

The fires make them stronger. California forests like to burn. California people... not so much.
Calif. people burn plenty of ........ Yeah, nuff said, hahaha. ME? No, not for over a decade, haha.
Old 07-05-2012, 01:49 PM
Contributing Member

7 years for me
Old 07-05-2012, 01:52 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

If I win Loto, I'm building the worlds largest off-road park with MUD and ROCK and of course free to YOTA TECH members...LOL NOT in my park...
Old 07-05-2012, 08:18 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Hello Buck87..It is a little south of Kansas City. Been thru there quite a few times. Dont know when the last time your dad has been there but the whole midwest has exploded in population. He might not recognize it now if it has been awhile. They are expanding the highway up that way to help with traffic. Will probably be thru there in a month or so. Need to run up that way soon.
Old 07-05-2012, 08:25 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Hello Mark..Some fires are good as long as the build up of leaves and such dont stack so deep as the fires get to hot. Otherwise it is just trees and nothing else can live on it. I hear you on the stupid ones or the arsonist. Grrr..

Hello Bill..lol..We need some parks around here. The ones we got only horses can be rode in. Not into that.
Old 07-06-2012, 01:22 PM

7 years for me
WOOT! hahaha... Hey, the funniest thing for me was.... I always could live without it,....booze was my 'problem', so to speak... But quit that first! hahaha... (Of course I did... I didnt' WANT to get rid of the Bourbon just yet! haha).... But the actually funny part was, that I ALWAYS would think/say, "It's the stress/crises, man.... It helps me get through it without such drama going on in my emotions/life".... Well, quickly realized, that often, 'CRISES' can come in QUADRUPLET or more, lol... and KEEP COMING, ..... And when I just woke up and one day said, "OK, that's it! Stupid waste of money"(For me, guys,...not calling anyone who partakes 'stupid'... just my personal experience, hahaha)..., quitting that minute... I WAS WAY more capable of staying calm in crises/stressful and emotional times in life... And THINKING CLEARLY? HOLY COW! Well, ..now, there's "Blueberry BC Waffles" and all this hybrid/chemistry lab PSYCHO stuff!...... I can't imagine how INSANELY LOST I would be compared to 10 years ago's version, hahahahaha. I'd be hiking in the Angeles Crest, and people would find me next to a rock with a paint pen, writing on a rock, all disheveled, >>> ...... hahaha, JK, JK... But I'll drop that topic, while it's still 'vague', ya know? Don't wanna TICK off the wrong person, lol.

Originally Posted by RMP8080
If I win Loto, I'm building the worlds largest off-road park with MUD and ROCK and of course free to YOTA TECH members...LOL NOT in my park...
HOLY CRAPOLI! You'd better give me free admission! Considering you're 'rules', I'ma need that money I saved to fix all the stuff I broke FLYING over stuff there! hahaha. Actually... I BET once you're done with that sick rig of yours... You'll not CARELESSLY snap stuff, right Bill? hahaha

Hello Buck87..It is a little south of Kansas City. Been thru there quite a few times. Dont know when the last time your dad has been there but the whole midwest has exploded in population. He might not recognize it now if it has been awhile. They are expanding the highway up that way to help with traffic. Will probably be thru there in a month or so. Need to run up that way soon.
True, true.... PHX was like that when I visited/stayed for College in 96-99. IT HAD EXPLODED compared to how it was. Yes, always decent sized... but I'm talking MIND boggling, the difference!

Hello Mark..Some fires are good as long as the build up of leaves and such dont stack so deep as the fires get to hot. Otherwise it is just trees and nothing else can live on it. I hear you on the stupid ones or the arsonist. Grrr..

Hello Bill..lol..We need some parks around here. The ones we got only horses can be rode in. Not into that.
Yeah, I'm just talking 'control burns' and then the occasional spontaneous fire that takes out 1,000,000 acres of 'bark beetle infested' disease..... Which actually ends up saving 30,000,000 more acres! hahhaa... BUT, I say all that with the full acknowledgement of HOW HORRIFIC fires can be and the damage they can do.... NO WAY are all forest fires for the best, I know that for sure, man. And YES, THOSE guys! hahaha.... STUPID MORONS, ...... Narcissists of our Time! Can't just stop and think, "Hey, would I do this in my backyard if it was surrounded by TINDER BOX BRUSH!?!?!?!?" Yeah, 'WHO CARES', ... And then, trying to get out of it when they DO eventually destroy stuff.

The bigger one in the Angeles not too many years ago.... it was started by a guy parking his Toyota Pick Up in the tall Flashing Grass on the side of the road... His CAT lit up some of it, while he walked the other direction... Within 4 minutes, it was HUGE, and he was running back up the road from another direction, trying to save his truck...(what was left of it), but it was WAY too hot. So hot that his clothes started to combust as he got too close...
Old 07-06-2012, 02:00 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Yeah living in the high desert is nice with the hammers right there angels national forest right there deep creek 5 min away from me makes for alot of different scenery. I'll tell you what tho them dam fire can be a pain if you work down the hill either driving through it or having to go through crest line man if man. It's sad when you go for a ride through the mountain trails and see all this burnt habitat looking so bear. But then again in a couple years its all green as come be so yeah it helps but still has a negative impact on all the trees (unless they are infected with them dam bark beatles)
Old 07-06-2012, 02:01 PM
Contributing Member

If you remember the Espiranza Fire in 2006 five US Forest Service Firefighter died. It was an arson fire and the guy who started was sentenced to death.

Rattlesnake fire 1953, 15 Firefighters killed. Arson

Serious stuff.

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread