86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 07-02-2012, 07:38 AM

Received 15 Likes on 12 Posts
You're a lucky man Mark, I'm sure you know that already! Couldn't even imagine myself being a grandfather. Heck i'm 42 and just now getting around to my wedding in December! hahhahaha
Old 07-02-2012, 09:35 AM

Received 5 Likes on 4 Posts
Nice looking faimly you have Chef! That last pic was funny, it did look like your granddaughter was laying down a rap lol... I remember what it was like having the sleepless nights, late night feedings, you get to the point were you get to tired to fix yourself something to eat! lol, I bet they really appreciated you bringing them some good grub!
Old 07-02-2012, 08:40 PM

Received 670 Likes on 459 Posts
Congrats, Gradpa Chef!

Congrats! I'm happy for you, Chef! Must be sweet and fun to spend time with the baby!
Old 07-02-2012, 09:20 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Thanks alot, Guys! I AM a very lucky guy... indeed... And yes, in fact, I DO know it! hehe.

She's such a mellow lil biscuit! Has her moments... mostly when hungry, from what I could tell, hahaha. Otherwise, she was CHILL! Just looking deep and long at me, ..... checking me out... "Hmmmmmm, he's red, ....that's the indian blood we got? Nahhhhh, he just got too much sun at once!" hehe. Actually, just the back of my neck, by the next day, was red. My face isn't burnt any longer at all. I tan very quickly and easily... but 5 hours straight in direct sun? YEAH, NOT BRIGHT!(Pun intended! haha)....

Again, thanks, guys. I'm dealing with lots of pretty heavy stuff right now(not whining, just how it is).... and that REALLY gave me the Vitamin Happy I needed! lol.

Updates coming soon... Just have to do it when I get time here and there.

* ONE THING; I cannot waste 4 hours or more grinding and sanding on this Con-Ferr... So off to the sand blaster I will be A-1 Stucco and Sandblasting in El Segundo, most likely. Not too far and neither too much for stripping it really quick, ya know? Just have to figure out how to get it down there... REALLY don't wanna put it all back together just to get it down there and remove all the brackets that I'm not going to use anyhow... ONLY TO PUT IT BACK TOGETHER again to get it home! hahaha. Maybe pull the shell for that trip? Probably... I'll post up pics when it's done and ready for primer.

* Also, Richard will probably be helping me install the amp/amps/haven't decided which way to go just yet. I really wish I had a decent 5 channel AMP! Really don't wanna install 2 amps(one under each seat).... 1. I use the under seat quite often... 2. it would get HOT UNDER MY RUMP! hahaha. What'cha'all think?
Old 07-02-2012, 10:26 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Nice pics, your grand baby is getting big......sand blasting sound cool...
Old 07-03-2012, 11:16 AM

Yep... She's getting big.... FOR 10 DAYS OLD, RIGHT? hahaha.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:17 AM

I agree, ....sandblasting does sound and ISSSSSSSSS cool! hehe.
Old 07-03-2012, 11:25 AM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
U can go with one amp. The way your stereo sounds is good already. Just give it a little Boom Boom sub and you'll be set. Trust me ur set with one sub and one amp. Unless u want a DJ in your truck like my car has then I'd recommend getting the 2 amps, sub and a capacitor.
Old 07-03-2012, 12:08 PM

So putting that clear topped 2channel to the Sub, nothing else, ....that would work better than the 4channel to all 5? WIMean is, .... Would running 2channels on a 4channel to the 4 speakers I have hooked up now be too weeny? lol... And then not leave enough left for the Sub? I know the sub takes more power... But it doesn't take more power than all 4(2 4" and 2 6x9" 4ways)..right?

Thanks on the compliment, btw... I think it sounds pretty clean for just stereo/no amps yet. But yes, the Sub needs one for sure. Lemme know what you think on the "4channel running 4 speakers I have and also the Sub", K????
Old 07-03-2012, 01:00 PM

oh, by the way like the shirt "Go Yankees"

Old 07-03-2012, 01:33 PM

Originally Posted by RMP8080
oh, by the way like the shirt "Go Yankees"

Hahaha.... Actually.... to be honest? ..I'm an Angels Fan. 'Crazy/follow every game fan'? NAH, hardly! But I was really ticked at the Dodgers ownership and franchise in general for a long time. Plus, my mom used to sing at Dodgers games for YEARS... I had season tickets with her and my pops to games with Steve Yeager, Davey Lopes, Ron Cey, etc., etc.! WHEN BASEBALL WAS STILL less like/or molested by the current likeness/contracts, etc. hahaha. I got these shirts, brand new, Official MLB Gear.... AT the .........................."GOODWILL"... 1.99$ each! hahaha.

I also got 2 brand new Blizz Con Staff Shirts from the last even, I guess? I have gamer buddies that HATE ME on that one... hahahaha. .... Also 1.99$ each! hehe. They especially hate it cuz I've not played a 'game' since Galaga.... IN THE ARCADES! lol... Never was my thing, was ALWAYS outdoors and 'go-go-go', hahaha. S'all Good.... "Dayum Yankees" is what most of my L.A. friend say, all day long! hahaha. VERY tough team.... for DECADES!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:10 PM

I dont know how I missed the grand baby arrivel but congrats buddy, grand babys are the best and thats a beautiful one by the way. hope all is well out there on the left coast.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:15 PM

10-4 Good buddy! hehehe.. Hope you're both safe and taking care of yourselves out there ..... ALL OVER the States like you are! haha.... Can't wait to some day head out there on a Road trip!
Old 07-03-2012, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
10-4 Good buddy! hehehe.. Hope you're both safe and taking care of yourselves out there ..... ALL OVER the States like you are! haha.... Can't wait to some day head out there on a Road trip!

I hear ya buddy I cant wait to do some traveling with out a 53 foot trailer behind me lol.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:25 PM

Originally Posted by jason in tn
I hear ya buddy I cant wait to do some traveling with out a 53 foot trailer behind me lol.
If you had a long vacation... What would you do with it? I might do one of my trips all over CA again... WOW was that fun! I took 3 weeks and BARELY saw any of the stuff I'd not already tried to see over the last 20 years of touring! hahaha... Santa Cruz, did some surfing/adventuring in the mountains around it/BEAUTIFUL! ..... Big Sur, hiking.... Sierras in places I'd not been, camping/wheeling.... Pleasanton, GREEN HILLS LIKE A HEAVEN SCENE!, .... Sequoias, fishing in the upper portions of the Kern River and Upper Peppermint... Carpenteria, strawberry and avocado festival/camping on the beach/surfing, etc.!.... Big Bear for a 2 day stent and some adventuring... WAS FANTASTIC! Didn't wanna come home... i could do that for a couple months, EASILY! I come prepared, so it's VERY nice and cheap as possible, avoiding Hotels, etc. But occasionally, I hit a Hotel for a night and hit the Jacuzzi.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:40 PM

If you had a long vacation... What would you do with it?

a trip to moab for sure and then I want to go down around yuma AZ between there and san diego is beautiful to me I would love to get out and explore.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:47 PM

Oh yeah, IT IS beautiful... And so many hot springs along the way, .......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! hahaha. Rent a racer on the flats and hit 200mph..... lots of stuff to do out there, too! haha. Hmmmmm... Yeah, I LOVE the high desert.. But I'm more of a High Desert/THICKLY wooded mountains type guy, I guess. LOVE the Sequoias, there's something so majestic(as much as anything on the planet, IMHO) about 300 Foot Tall/20ft. Diameter Trees, thick as grass blades, and standing beneath them and even climbing them. It's nice in the Sequoias, cuz you have the Desert type camping at lower Kern, then THICK AS GRASS REDWOOD FOREST camping just 30 minutes up in Kings Canyon and upper Kern, etc. JUST INCREDIBLE! Plus, lots of Hot Springs in the Inyo and Kings Co's as well haha.

Camped Early spring near SD, east of it, in the mountains north of El Centro.... SOOOOOO pretty and ...yep, HOT SPRINGS, TOO! hahaha.

Even the Palm Desert is incredibly beautiful... HUGE mountains therein, etc. And once again... HOT SPRINGS!!!! hehe.
Old 07-03-2012, 02:52 PM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Oh yeah, IT IS beautiful... And so many hot springs along the way, .......ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh! hahaha. Rent a racer on the flats and hit 200mph..... lots of stuff to do out there, too! haha. Hmmmmm... Yeah, I LOVE the high desert.. But I'm more of a High Desert/THICKLY wooded mountains type guy, I guess. LOVE the Sequoias, there's something so majestic(as much as anything on the planet, IMHO) about 300 Foot Tall/20ft. Diameter Trees, thick as grass blades, and standing beneath them and even climbing them. It's nice in the Sequoias, cuz you have the Desert type camping at lower Kern, then THICK AS GRASS REDWOOD FOREST camping just 30 minutes up in Kings Canyon and upper Kern, etc. JUST INCREDIBLE! Plus, lots of Hot Springs in the Inyo and Kings Co's as well haha.

Camped Early spring near SD, east of it, in the mountains north of El Centro.... SOOOOOO pretty and ...yep, HOT SPRINGS, TOO! hahaha.

Even the Palm Desert is incredibly beautiful... HUGE mountains therein, etc. And once again... HOT SPRINGS!!!! hehe.

sounds like you need to be my tour guide lol.
Old 07-03-2012, 03:12 PM

Originally Posted by jason in tn
sounds like you need to be my tour guide lol.

GLADLY! Lemme know when... And just you and Regina can head out here, eventually, and WE'LL HIT THE MOUNTAINS! WOOT! hehe. And the Beach Camping.... VERY fun! (Including Pismo!) .... But I wonder... have you ever camped/hung out in for any time, the High Sierras? I'm telling you, Brother... almost everyone I've taken up there nearly wept(some did) at the beauty all around you when setting up Camp in the Dunes, with Mt. Whitney and the Western Sierras on one side... Eastern Sierras on the other side! LOVE IT!
Old 07-03-2012, 06:05 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
I actually like that part of the country. Probably been in the deserts a little to long, but I dont miss cold weather at all. I would like to get in on that trip. Those are some great mountains.

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread