86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 02:45 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
If you are doing that PX90, you are a tougher guy then I am. It doesnt look hard, but it was surprising exhausting. Whewww!
Old 02-09-2012, 02:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Terrys87
If you are doing that PX90, you are a tougher guy then I am. It doesnt look hard, but it was surprising exhausting. Whewww!

What's PX90? or am I losted.
Old 02-11-2012, 05:56 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
Originally Posted by RMP8080
Im pretty sure he meant P90X workout videos haha.

CHEF!!! How's it goin man?

Wanted to check in and see how everything is, i figured you probably had this truck completely restored and sitting in a showroom by now!

I feel like a traitor, but hopefully buying another yota soon. FINGERS CROSSED!

Check out the new truck on my build thread!
Old 02-11-2012, 08:46 AM
Banned

Hey man... I have a 3.0 (you know this though)!

Just depends on the love you show it! Beyond that they run awesomely!

Scout says "hey".
Old 02-11-2012, 09:06 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
As Bojangles said, below.... it's an intensive X-training Series that is always working different muscle groups, especially ones that you've hardly ever used.... It's crazy difficult(for me, anyhow, considering the accidents I've had/Injuries I've sustained... bcuz of joint and tendon issues I have)...But I have to say, it DOES work! I just can't totally commit to it yet, ya know?

Originally Posted by Terrys87
It's like basic training..... Everyone stands back and says, "Oh c'monnnnnnnn, ...I did the monkey bars at school... ran lots, .... yadda yadda yadda, ...".......Yeah, right! Then have them hold a rifle out in front of them for 3 minutes.... YEP, I said 3 minutes, you're right! hahahaha. You know what I mean. Anyway, ........Hope you're well, Terry!

Originally Posted by Bojangles
Im pretty sure he meant P90X workout videos haha.

CHEF!!! How's it goin man?

Wanted to check in and see how everything is, i figured you probably had this truck completely restored and sitting in a showroom by now!

I feel like a traitor, but hopefully buying another yota soon. FINGERS CROSSED!

Check out the new truck on my build thread!
Hope you get that truck... And, well, I just don't have time to do most anything, for right now, other than the normal day to day, because of the Old Dude's issues. But, I have done a couple things since you visited... it's just a slow process, ya know? I will stop by and check it out asap! Take care, Bo~!

Originally Posted by ScoutRunner
Hey man... I have a 3.0 (you know this though)!

Just depends on the love you show it! Beyond that they run awesomely!

Scout says "hey".
SUUUUUUUUUUUUP? LOL....... I know you do, ....and you're one of the 'couple' I was talking about.. That thing is SICK-CHERRY! I mean, mines pretty clean, and I'M a lil envious of yours, hahaha.

HEY, ............SCOUT, ...............STOP WHINING! hahahaha.

Good to hear from ya, Brudda! Keep in touch, k?
Old 02-11-2012, 09:08 AM

Sup chef! P90x is hardcore. Haha Gave a it shoot for about half a week then stop for now haha
Old 02-11-2012, 05:06 PM

Ok, I'm so far out, I believed P90X was a engine swap, you know a 252mph, 1001PS, 16 cylinders, four turbos, 8.0-litres that can hit 60mph in 2.5 seconds thanks to four-wheel-drive traction, shoots to 125mph in 7.3 seconds and reaches 200mph in less than 20. From a Bugatti Veyron motor into a 1988 4runner. That would be a build. lol
Old 02-11-2012, 06:00 PM

Originally Posted by vang_22re
Sup chef! P90x is hardcore. Haha Gave a it shoot for about half a week then stop for now haha
Yeah, it's ROUGH! Most people wouldn't know by looking at me... but I have REALLY insane endurance(since basic training before going into Marine Sniper Training, WHERE I BROKE MY BACK, lol, ...I have always, since then, had a 'RETREAT? HELL NO!' look on things, even in pain! hahaha).... I can dig out Vinca Vine for 5 hours straight with a pick ax and bare hands, .......my 20 year old HEALTHY nephew starts crying at 2.5, and he's no whiner! hehehe. Still, this work out system is CRAZY and pushes you to the max.. which is the whole idea. I still say Fire Camp Training where you're running up 40* Angle hills for a quarter mile are EASILY as difficult(cuz of the 'SO MANY' variables, ya know?).... But it's tough, no doubt! I have to do more Eliptical and swimming for a while(due to injuries) before I'll really get the most out of that/before it'll really be worth it for me, 100%, ya know?

Ok, I'm so far out, I believed P90X was a engine swap, you know a 252mph, 1001PS, 16 cylinders, four turbos, 8.0-litres that can hit 60mph in 2.5 seconds thanks to four-wheel-drive traction, shoots to 125mph in 7.3 seconds and reaches 200mph in less than 20. From a Bugatti Veyron motor into a 1988 4runner. That would be a build. lol
Hahahahaha.... that was funny... thanks for that, man! I can see why it sounds like it.

Here's the guy and his system>>>> http://extremefitnessproducts.net/products/p90x/

Seriously.....the dude in the picture/videos is FIFTY FREAKIN THREE YEARS OLD! lol.... And he's not really an anomaly.... My neighbor is 56 yrs old, was 5'7"/230 and he has lost 50# and went from 40" waist to 28" waist and down to 13% body fat IN ONE YEAR! I know, I see him all the time.... it's REALLY working for him! YES, eating is a HUGE part of it..... A part that's fairly easy for me to deal with due to my profession.... but STILL! hahaha.

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 02-11-2012 at 06:01 PM.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:16 PM

Thought I'd share a lil pic session with ya'all.....

Saw my Grandson and daughter today, took them out for Lunch........

Man, I WISH I could find this dexterity again!>>>> hahahaha>>> (lil man is WIPED!)

Then, I saw this thing.... Didn't have time to take a better pic, but TRUST ME, .......it looks ALMOST EXACTLY like "GI-JUNK"s 85 PU..... Just with a shell and rust all down both sides to the max! Especially the bed and doors which you can't really see, sorry, lol.....

Then, leaving the Gas station, I saw this one again, one of the rigs I found that my buddy passed on(the guy who wanted a V6?)...... 125K, Orig. Owner, Auto 4WD 3.0, 4K obo.....

Interior was IMMACULATE, just got a bad one, sorry guys! lol......

Well, that's it for today... Sorry it's not "BUILD" related, ...but hey, Lil man and BB-girl come first, on any spare time I have, ya know?

PS> My oldest is going to make me a Grandfather for the second time! July 4th is the due date... I appreciate your thoughts/well wishen/prayers, etc., as does she! Her name is Kayla, .... OH, and it's a Girl, btw.
Old 02-11-2012, 06:21 PM

PS> The picture of Johnny Cash is a shirt I got from my buddy, Humble-Harry, a musician and owner of the rights to several RARE stills of Cash, Fast Times behind the scenes pics that are GREAT, ... same with some just like that from Breakfast Club, Johnny Cash flipping off the camera in his mug shot, etc., ya know? Anyway,....just mentioned it because I LOVE this photo, and I'd not seen it before.

Have a great Sunday, guys... Those of you heading to the mountains(blake, etc.?) be SAFE OUT THERE! lol.
Old 02-11-2012, 10:04 PM

I notice Johnny on the window but didn't realize it was a short. Thought it was a poster reflection haha. Congrats to your son n those pics looks like good times.

Now I need one of those tires swing out on my runner
Old 02-12-2012, 04:11 AM
Contributing Member

Received 477 Likes on 321 Posts
How....does.....a....little.....kid....do THAT???

Too cute, Chef!
Old 02-12-2012, 05:35 AM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Look G' Pa, I'm made of rubber and can sleep anywhere! Oh, those were the days....
Old 02-12-2012, 07:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
at 1st i was like wtf your selling your runner. than i looked again and it wasnt yours... whew. that is a clean runner but was never a fan of the second gen, just 1st and 3rd for some reason lol
Old 02-12-2012, 09:04 AM

Originally Posted by vang_22re
I notice Johnny on the window but didn't realize it was a short. Thought it was a poster reflection haha. Congrats to your son n those pics looks like good times.

Now I need one of those tires swing out on my runner
Thanks, Vang, .... (he's my Grandson, however, lol).. Seriously, thanks

PS> I see those tire carriers ALL DAY LONGGGGGG at the Pick-Your-Parts down here in Wilmington, CA.

Originally Posted by habanero
How....does.....a....little.....kid....do THAT???

Too cute, Chef!
I know, SERIOUSLY! hahaha. It's called YOUTH! hahaha. I can recall doing some things that were just seemingly physically IMPOSSIBLE! lol. No more, for me, .... it's his turn now! lol.

Originally Posted by rworegon
Look G' Pa, I'm made of rubber and can sleep anywhere! Oh, those were the days....
YES! hahaha.... Also, discovering everything for the first time! lol..... "Hey, what's that yellow thing? A lemon you say? Lemme have it..... WOWWWWWWWWWW(grimacing face......5 seconds later>>).... MORE", HAHAHA. Or falling flat on your face/front, NOTHING EVEN SCRAPED but the ego! HAHAHA. Heck, they don't even have an EGO YET! hehehe. Just all day and when you feel like it!

Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
at 1st i was like wtf your selling your runner. than i looked again and it wasnt yours... whew. that is a clean runner but was never a fan of the second gen, just 1st and 3rd for some reason lol
Oh no, ....not selling Ruby-Red, .... you kidding? lol... But yeah, it happens... And for those people, going through such a rough time right now that they have to part with ALL THEIR HARD WORK?>>> I'm very sorry, I REALLY am!

Yeah, ... he needs a 2nd gen cuz he drives his mom around at times, whom is 86(really healthy, just no dexterity/lil wobbly for a crawl through but likes to sit in the back with his kids).... So there ya go, ya know? I'm not a huge fan either... but MAN, it's right for his needs and, well, that's a rare find, (Orig. owner under 130K???) ya know? However, .... Assyrian Rocker has a nice one... As does Michael up in Canada, ... Yeah, I've seen some nice ones I would roll.. Just not the same to me as the First Gens. (Even the body styles of the first gens.... I love em best)

Thanks, guys, .... kind words appreciated/acknowledged! He's a wound up lil bugger.... but he's a cutey, eh? My daughter is doing well, also. Still looking for work, grrrrrrr!
Old 02-12-2012, 02:26 PM

HEY, ... I passed 10,000 Posts and didn't even realize it! lol..... So, .....what'du'I'win?????????? hahahaha. jk

PS> Gonna take the Stepdad and Mom to see "Safe House" tonight. I will go see Star Wars 3D on my own time, hahaha.

PSS> Please say a prayer for him if you do so.... He's a total mess... The heart is working great, the rest of him(ESPECIALLY the legs) are horrible! He can hardly walk/lift his right leg/left leg isn't much better. Wheel chair bound bout 60% of the day now, seemingly getting worse. What I'm REALLY concerned about is, .... the Physical therapist who did the eval. took him for the hour, came back to me and said, "I'm not allowed to make diagnoses...... But his signs are all pointing toward Parkinson's Disease, a special type"..... OH GOOD GRIEF! I really hope that's not the case.... To go through what he did and the horrific recovery, only to suffer for the next few months/year or whatever and then die having had NO quality of life AFTER the surgery! But alas, I'm not in charge, ya know? Thanks for your thoughts/etc., on that!

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 02-12-2012 at 02:30 PM.
Old 02-12-2012, 02:55 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Good thoughts your way, Chef! I hear you on the parent/step-parent quality of life issues...my dad had a stroke at 66, another at 68 (both times without paralysis), and now at 70 has numerous TIA and is basically homebound. It really stinks, but as you say...we are not in charge.
Old 02-12-2012, 03:01 PM

hey mark looks like ur doing good! just checking on build threads like i do every week, this week i picked up my 82! already got a build thread if u care to see, also havent been to my local yard to see what he has in for the antenna, did you ever find one?
Old 02-12-2012, 04:16 PM

Chef, nice the little guy looks like you.
Old 02-12-2012, 08:28 PM
Contributing Member

Good looking young man... has his mama's chin line but your eyebrows...
guessing he has his daddy's eyes...

good to know opa can still out party the young bucks...

sorry to hear your daughter is still looking for work but think of the $ she's saving on daycare... and why don't you hook her up with a server or dish washer slot at your place.... hmmmm?
probably not great cash but if work is needed...

that is an immaculate runner...

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread