86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 01-12-2012, 12:28 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Hey chef looks good! I was gonna suggest a modest sub..like a 10 before I saw you post on toyos I think saying you wanted one. It's perfect for action movies! I take my truck to drive ins... Sounds awesome!
Old 01-12-2012, 07:51 PM

Just checkin in man hope all is well with you. I need to get out that way, cravein some ribs lol.
Old 01-12-2012, 08:49 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
HU? It's really blue, and you can shut off display when you're just letting the MP3/IPOD run on trips, etc. I use my Rumor2 with 16G micro sd... I also have several 8-16G flash drives.... They'll come in handy for the movies/music on trips, too. HOURS of hands free tunes/books/etc., should be fun! lol.

Wanna get the 12V aux waterproof outlet installed and the other one in the cab/front seat area, too(just near the ashtray for the back seats.... in fact, never use that ashtray, might make a lil platform to install that aux unit into, ya know?
haha woops HU means headunit
Old 01-13-2012, 01:57 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
Thanks Chef, I had never seen an electric antenna on a first gen so was thinking maybe you had added it from a newer model.

Read where Z cut his harness and could feel his pain. By the time you got done soldering that back together, you would be a pro.
Old 01-13-2012, 07:01 AM

Guess that why that company that makes harness is called PAINLESS...
Old 01-13-2012, 07:57 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
Originally Posted by blakefogt
Hey chef looks good! I was gonna suggest a modest sub..like a 10 before I saw you post on toyos I think saying you wanted one. It's perfect for action movies! I take my truck to drive ins... Sounds awesome!
I used to have one in my 70 CST Blazer( 2x10" sub).... It was great, but more than I need now. So, yes, a modest sub, maybe 1x10" or 2x8" would be fine(Bazooka? lol.)

Originally Posted by jason in tn
Just checkin in man hope all is well with you. I need to get out that way, cravein some ribs lol.
WELL GET ON DOWN HERE, HOMIE! lol..... I'll be sure to have something for Reggie this time, too... hahahaha.

Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
haha woops HU means headunit
Hahaha... Yeah, I figured that out, yesterday... meant to post that on your thread after you'd mentioned it a couple times.... Got distracted, hahaha.

Originally Posted by Terrys87
Thanks Chef, I had never seen an electric antenna on a first gen so was thinking maybe you had added it from a newer model.
Read where Z cut his harness and could feel his pain. By the time you got done soldering that back together, you would be a pro.
Yeah, it's stock..... Just manual up/down. I was going to repair my factory one... but it was totally compromised/history. Not just the mast, the entire body, ya know? And, it looked like one of those experiments you do in a cup/pertaining to rust/ when I opened the drum, lol. Oh well, the aftermarket one works fine and is automatic, which isn't bad.... I can't forget to put it down that way, ya know? lol.

Originally Posted by RMP8080
Guess that why that company that makes harness is called PAINLESS...
Hahaha... Yeah, .. I think they just make looming kits, too. Problem is, from what I remember... OUCH, they're a fortune! lol. I remember asking the dealer, my buddy in sales, "Hey, how much is a fusible link box?".... Which is when I found out the price of the harness for my rig.... bcuz the box is only sold with the harness! lol.... >>>>> 1200$!!!!!!
Old 01-13-2012, 12:32 PM

Painless but not in the wallet .....lol
Old 01-13-2012, 06:35 PM

Terry, here's some pics of the interior.... not sure exactly what you wanted, so I just took a few while out today.......

Old 01-13-2012, 06:59 PM

Received 4 Likes on 3 Posts
I really need to get my rig working again....

thanks for the kick in the ass chef
Old 01-16-2012, 11:20 AM

hey mark! decided to check your thread since a few weeks ago! nice on the install, i still have to get mine all installed and get some speakers, as far as the power antenna goes maybe i could check for you at my local parts yard? angelo has 8 acres of nothing but toyotas, im sure hes got something! send me a pm if you want to on it and looking good

Last edited by westjohns yota; 01-16-2012 at 11:21 AM.
Old 01-16-2012, 07:15 PM

just catching up on a few threads, hope all is well buddy.
Old 01-17-2012, 04:03 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Hope all is going well with the family. Just checking in.
Old 01-17-2012, 09:02 AM

Originally Posted by jason in tn
just catching up on a few threads, hope all is well buddy.
Hey Jason, .... thanks man! Yeah, all is.......... what it is. lol. Nah, it's 'good, all the time', if ya know wha'mean? Hope you're doing well, too, Jason.

Originally Posted by Terrys87
Hope all is going well with the family. Just checking in.
Yeah, it's tough, like I inferred, lol...but it's all for the good, ya know? What doesn't kill me will always make me stronger(after making me really wiped out and weak for a while, of course. hahahaha).

Hope you're doing good as well, Terry. Sorry the pics didn't reveal something helpful, lol. Have a good one, guys.
Old 01-18-2012, 11:11 AM

Spam Spam Spam ...okay maybe I am not a spammer. Chef, per your request I am a real dude. I am military living in San Diego but grew up in MD, hence the area code to my cell. You can call me or PM your cell and I'll try to explain what I am working with Cheers, Matt
Old 01-18-2012, 12:12 PM

Hey Matt,

Thanks, man.... SPAM-SPAM-SPAM backatcha! hahahaha. Funny, man.

No problem, I'll try to give you a call asap, k?
Old 01-22-2012, 04:40 PM

DERRRRRR! lol. ..........

Ok, well, many know how I don't mind laughing at myself, nor sharing when I've done something to warrant such laughter........ This is one of those days......

For a couple days now, maybe 3, I've had a 'DUMMY LIGHT' in the form of "Brake" popping up. I kept messing with the ebrake, since, well, as some of you know--- when you let off the ebrake, sometimes it's not always wanting to let the light off. Activator button getting pushed or something...... ANYWHOOOOO, ..... out of TOTAL coincidence, it usually would go off when I'd mess with the Ebrake handle...... How is it coincidence? Yes, well, I decided to open the hood and see, "Hmmm, maybe I'm low on fluid, gotta be something else"..... and OOOPS, there's the lid to the master, hanging off, barely on the edge, lol. Yep, it set off the warning light, which would go off as I took off and began breaking enough to TRY the ebrake thing, lol..... NOPE, it didn't spill a drop!

hahaha..... Ok, not exciting or anything, but it was a relief to me, especially right now, with NO SPARE TIME! lol. Oh yeah, the other thing.>>>>>. NO SPARE MONEY, either! haha.

I had pulled it off days ago, after washing it, just to top it off......... Again, ......OOPS
Old 01-23-2012, 04:13 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

I did get a laugh, but hey, at least it was an easy fix. No parts were involved. I will take those kind of fixes any day.
Old 01-23-2012, 05:52 AM

Hey buddy if you remember I had a pretty big DOOO moment myself awhile back, nice to know Im not alone. Glad you figured it out.
Old 01-23-2012, 09:52 AM

Hahaha... glad you guys got a chuckle/could relate. lol. Life is full of these moments, ....we quickly understand that, even growing up. IT'S LEARNING THROUGH LIFE!..... but, what they DON'T tell you, when you start 'getting that fact-o-life'...... is that, when you get a bit older, over 40 lets say for most..... IT HAPPENS MUCH MORE OFTEN! HAHAHA. Actually, I'm blessed with a really tight memory, ..... can do quite a few things, .... etc., and I'M GRATEFUL! lol... BUT, ... I take on too much, OFTEN, and subsequently, I wind up pushing things out of my brain that USED to have room in there to hang out! hahahaha.

Yes, Jason, ...you mean the 'Homer Simpson'-'DOHHHHHHH' moments, ...well, I'm not quite that bad, .....but I have my moments! hahaha.

Wow, IT'S POURING here today, all morning, still going,......LOVE IT!
Old 01-23-2012, 02:15 PM
Super Moderator
Staff

I am 44 and had to start getting more organized so I dont have to keep looking for things. Used to be able to know where everyting was without even thinking.

You push things out of your brain, I push things out of my scalp. Guess I dont have the room for hair roots anymore.

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread