Like this
http://www.superstreetonline.com/fea...n/viewall.html
Old 09-17-2011, 02:51 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Haha i knew someone would recommend a supra motor that built wagon was awesome
Old 09-17-2011, 03:57 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Hey, .... is that the company? Where can I get those in a 'walk in' situation? I tried Lows, but no go, Joe! lol.
they are hard to find locally. i too wish i can walk in because its easier to find the right size. if you want. tell me how big the hole is and ill see if i have any from work. taken a few plugs from cars when installing accessories
Old 09-17-2011, 04:50 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
GUYS, HELP! lol......

I'm not a "Craigslist Expert", .... so I wondered what you thought...........

*** I've had the Maxima and Camry Seats on CL for a week or so, and hadn't checked my email in a couple days. Well, 2 guys were really trying to get a hold of me.... SO; I reposted the ad's and responded to them. One of them is offering the 125$ I'm asking and he'll be in Palos Verdes, tomorrow, for the Tour de Concours' Fair/Car Show in Palos Verdes, CA, tomorrow. He asked if he can see them and maybe pick them up, tomorrow.

The OTHER guy, after asking me, "Do you have those seats still?" got my response of "YEP, someone else is coming to see them, Sunday", and then sent me this email...........

Hi,
Good to hear back from you. I am willing to pay your asking price. I will be paying you by money order as its the only way I can pay you at the moment.I would have loved to come take a look but I am presently out of town on an assignment.I am under military surveillance,i am a military personnel,i would have also love to call you about these transaction but due to were i am right now i will be unavailable to give you call or receive your call,because am not in state at the moment,they dont have phone network here except internet.I will not be back in town soon.I don't mind adding an extra fifty dollars so you can keep it in my favor,I would like you to please get back to me via email as i always check my mail most times of the day.Please send me some pictures. I hope it is in good condition Reply with your full name, cell phone number, and address where payment should be sent.I will letI will let you know how I intend to go about the pick-up. Please take the posting off craigs list today and consider it sold to me.Expecting to hear from you soon.
Thanks.

Like it did, right off the bat with me, .....>>>> does this sound crazy to you? ^^^lol. I would not give him any more info over the net... NO WAY in hell! What a lame scam!

Just wanted to share.

PS> I found this ON TOP of Google, lol.....

http://hissingkitty.com/complaints/c...y-money-order/

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 09-17-2011 at 04:54 PM.
Old 09-17-2011, 04:53 PM

lol scam. if he was out of state and has no way of calling. why the heck is he on CL
Old 09-17-2011, 09:02 PM

Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
they are hard to find locally. i too wish i can walk in because its easier to find the right size. if you want. tell me how big the hole is and ill see if i have any from work. taken a few plugs from cars when installing accessories
Hey Toyo...

The grommet that fit is a 5/8" ID and 1-1/8" OD.... BUT, the ID' is only measuring the inside hole where I put the 5/8" 'Plug'(it's a plug made for furniture or something, ya know?) Seeing that there is rubber between the 5/8" hole in the center of the grommet and the actual portion where it meets the metal that I'm trying to plug.... I'm not quite sure what size "PLUG w/OUT a Hole" would work, ya know?

Far as the scammer, it's funny, ....but imagine how many people he's probably screwed over with his money order scam! I sent him this in response......

No thanks, not sending MY PERSONAL INFORMATION TO A STRANGER on the internet, not having even met... But I tell you what... I've sent your email to these guys,...maybe they can help you out>>>

FBI Los Angeles Bureau

11000 Wilshire Boulevard
Suite 1700
Los Angeles, CA 90024
Phone: (310) 477-6565
Fax: (310) 996-3359

How’s that sound?
Old 09-18-2011, 07:12 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
You sending their info to FBI is funny,

I have never posted on C-list,but sounds like one of that guys buddies that is a lawyer, that has found someone in Singapore with the same last name as mine and died and has no one to leave his multi millions to. If I would just say I was related to him, we would just split 60/40 the unclaimed money.

He was supposedly in a law firm over there that dealt in millions all of the time. I offered that if he brought me 500k cash at the nearest police department for his safety, having that much cash, he could have the rest for all of his troubles. Havent heard from him since.
Old 09-18-2011, 08:36 AM

great project looking good
Old 09-18-2011, 08:37 AM

oh if your thinking motor swap do the 7mge swap I like my 4runner with that motor
Old 09-18-2011, 11:06 AM

Thanks, Terry! lol. I needed a good laugh this morning! Hey, they STILL, TO THIS DAY, send out emails/listings for "so and so has won a brand new 50" TV, ..... please respond to _ _ _ _ asap"... and these guys SHOW UP, IN MASSES! They grabbed like 100 guys one time! lol.

Originally Posted by yotes86
great project looking good
Thanks

Originally Posted by yotes86
oh if your thinking motor swap do the 7mge swap I like my 4runner with that motor
Glad you're enjoying that... it'd be sick for sure! However, I'm not 'going there', as they say, any time soon. lol. I'm sticking with my lil 22RE for another 200K or so, then I'll think about it... OR, if I find a 'donor' rig! lol.
Old 09-18-2011, 11:58 AM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Hey Toyo...

The grommet that fit is a 5/8" ID and 1-1/8" OD.... BUT, the ID' is only measuring the inside hole where I put the 5/8" 'Plug'(it's a plug made for furniture or something, ya know?) Seeing that there is rubber between the 5/8" hole in the center of the grommet and the actual portion where it meets the metal that I'm trying to plug.... I'm not quite sure what size "PLUG w/OUT a Hole" would work, ya know?

so what size is the hole you wanna plug up? i should be able to figure out the rest. only problem with the plugs i showed you are not really water tight seals. at least the ones i get off of cars. i would run a tiny amount of silicone around the seal before installing.
a picture of the hole might help
Old 09-18-2011, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by ToyoTech559
so what size is the hole you wanna plug up? i should be able to figure out the rest. only problem with the plugs i showed you are not really water tight seals. at least the ones i get off of cars. i would run a tiny amount of silicone around the seal before installing.
a picture of the hole might help
Gotcha, ...and yeah, I planned to give you a pic with a measuring tape in it! I used a lil bead of clear RTV permatex for now, and I KNOW it sealed... flushed water all over up there and reached in below the hole to see(was a bit of work pulling things apart again, ...but worth it to know, ya know?). I don't want ROT on my ROOF! lol. This will work for now, but I will for sure get you that measurement. It was a professional install of the antenna... but on the ROOF? I guess that's not uncommon, but he must have went into a mall or something and SNAP! lol.

I'm actually hoping to get a CB, eventually... small one, nothing SUPER fancy, ... but I'd mount the antenna somewhere else, eh? lol.

Gonna finish detailing the rig, today, but might first try out the Scion Seats for measurements/necessary mods to make em work. I have an idea, I'll be back! lol.
Old 09-18-2011, 02:06 PM
RBX

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Chef, I ran into a similar scammed a few years ago while looking for a bike. I reported him to the FBI as well. But not before I wasted loads of his time with my nonsense emails giving him hope I may make the deal. I figure If I can waste his time, that's less time he is scamming someone else.
Old 09-18-2011, 05:02 PM

Received 37 Likes on 31 Posts
shoot, i just got one of those e-mails about the cap. it was funny. i wanted to pretend like i was going to go along with it, and then give him the local sheriff's department address. man-o-man, i'd have loved to see that
Old 09-18-2011, 10:16 PM

Hey guys, ....check these out... Maybe Scuba or someone would like em? lol...... Seems like a great price.

http://losangeles.craigslist.org/sgv...577514712.html

On another note.... I'm trying to figure out what to do about a computer thing again....

This time, it's related to a program I picked up while searching on Majorgeek.com about 'removing mcafee'... It's called Uniblue Registry Booster, and supposedly it's authorized by Microsoft more than most Registry Clean up programs....

1. Should I just uninstall it and get my money back?(they have a pretty easy uninstall attached)

2. The reason I'm asking this is because, since I've owned it, it either wouldn't remove the things it found or NOW, wont even open, saying "can't answer to multiple user accounts. Needs to be closed from another user account before opening here" WTH? lol.... And..

3. If it's indeed a decent tool, I'M DOWN! lol... But seriously? SPENDING 1 HOUR ALREADY SEARCHING AND ASKING QUESTIONS TO THEM ON LINE.... ETC., ETC., ETC., .... kinda defeating the purpose of "I want this computer faster, gonna delete McAfee and Get AVAST, etc.".... YA KNOW? lol.

BTW, Avast ROCKS! SO much faster and non-intrusive!
Old 09-19-2011, 12:34 AM
Super Moderator
Staff

Received 25 Likes on 22 Posts
That seems to be a great price on those tires. I know when I was in Iraq, the government paid fortune for those, but that is government price too.

Computers...Grrr...I have avast on mine and it seems to do ok.
Old 09-19-2011, 04:03 AM
RBX

Received 33 Likes on 22 Posts
Mark,
Also install SpyBot and Super AntiSpyware(free version). When you run Super Antispyware click the complete scan button, and find something to do for about an hour. You may find running these programs in safe mode finds more issues. Then before you reboot clean the registry. I use CCleaner(Crap Cleaner). It's free and never had an issue for years. Always back-up the first registry scan, it will ask you. Once you scan and fix the problems, scan it again..repeat until no problems are found.
As for McAfee, i never had any issues, but Norton is aweful. I like Avast, and would just google how to remove McAfee, then install Avast.
Malware and Spyware can bring a computer to its knees.

hope that helps, pm me if you need further help and ill give you my cell.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:00 PM

HEY GUYS! (It's strange... or is it? ....>>> When I'm not posting something here for a few days/especially regarding the rig/ I feel like an addict having a JONES attack with a need to do an update!!! ???? ) hahaha.

Terry; Well, thanx, so much for the input on the tires, Terry. My buddy said the same thing.... they're pretty indestructible! lol. Said they wear slow, too.... Lil harder ride, but greatly capable?

RBX, my computer literate friend! lol. Actually, I'm fairly knowledgeable about fixing issues, etc., but I just spent TOO FREAKING LONG being loyal to products that, well, SCREWED ME, MORE THAN ONCE! First of all.... I had Spysweeper for a LONG TIME! It must of had all it's broom bristles sawed off, cuz it didn't SWEEP CRAP! lol. Second, I just stuck with McAfee, cuz they always seemed to try to help me when something went wrong. NOW, with Avast? WOW, it's NIGHT AND DAY in speed, plus, the McAfee is always having issues with Mozilla products, like Firefox, which I LOVE, ... IE SUCKS!lol. Anyway, it's also having issues with stopping WINDOWS UPDATES AND PROGRAMS from working! Also, it's hiding my pictures...WUZ,I should say! lol. Avast helped me in 2 minutes this second time I called during business hours. Plus, they gave me a fool proof code for the license... it worked BY ITSELF, so I didn't have to maneuver the instructions.

OKKKKKKKKKKK, dun-dun-dunnnnnnnnnn! I managed to get a deal on CL today........... i will post it in a few in the next post after I upload the pics! I THINK I did really good... I'll let you guys be the judge! lol.

See ya in a few,

Mark

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 09-19-2011 at 09:02 PM.
Old 09-19-2011, 09:36 PM

idk how you find anything in LA CL. so many dealer post. i cant stand that..
Old 09-19-2011, 09:37 PM

OK, so if it's not a good deal, don't laugh at me, ok? hahaha. I'll get better pics, tomorrow, when I have time to get em out of the rig and clean em up.

5- 32x11.50x15- BFG Mud King XT's, 85-90% Tread(Still have most of the lil rubber thingy's on there), NO rock rash, NO punctures, all holding air on 4 Jeep 5Lug white wagon wheels(I KNOW< I KNOW, lol)..... 250$ One is a BFG MT, same tread, no rim>>>>>>

All wearing perfectly(I don't think they were on whatever they were on for long. The old dude told me he got them for his son, and a couple months later, his son wrecked the vehicle, totaled, so he ripped off everything he could.

I will hopefully sell all the Jeep Wheels for around 80-100$ or so? So maybe I got them for 150$ for all of em.... 30$ a tire, in the end, .... can't be too bad.

Last edited by ChefYota4x4; 09-21-2011 at 04:23 PM.

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread