Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
excellent ROB!!!
Old 05-24-2010, 06:24 AM

Received 14 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by 92 TOY
just found it, it's 195
Yeah, sorry it's post #195, the 3rd & 4th pics are of the wires for the injectors. It fires 2 injectors at the same time & they share wires from the ECU & split at the crimp on splices. My bet is the #2 wire has pulled out of the splice, or the injector connector is loose & the terminals are pushing out the back.
Old 05-24-2010, 06:38 AM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
Originally Posted by yotarob2005
Yeah, sorry it's post #195, the 3rd & 4th pics are of the wires for the injectors. It fires 2 injectors at the same time & they share wires from the ECU & split at the crimp on splices. My bet is the #2 wire has pulled out of the splice, or the injector connector is loose & the terminals are pushing out the back.

very plausible theory (stealing that phrase from Mythbusters).

when we remodeled our bathroom in our old house...after it was done, noted a water leak not even near where we had worked....but still the same pipes...we had cut pipes and soldered in new ones about 10 feet away, but just the vibration and or movement we did caused a failure.

i know how much man-handling i did with my wires, so it's completely understandable that could happen to your's too CHEF.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:05 AM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
RIGHT ON! That's what I'm talking about, guys! I really appreciate you spending the time to find some other resources, guys, ....I looked for 'LONG TIME', ..LOL, but 'no luck'. Sure, I found things that might have been the issue, but haven't been able to get out there,...until now, I'm heading out.

MAN, this kinda thing just gets to me, ...keeps my mind on it for HOURS, figuring this or that out in my head........problem is, I DON'T KNOW ENOUGH about this stuff, so it's really fruitless until someone says, "hey, what about this, I've seen this happen"....ya know?

Ok, so, the prongs in the injector, itself, are fine....but the female slots where it inserts(The connector) can push out the back? DANG, I never thought of that. Mine is all wrapped up on the back, so first, I'll look inside(IF I CAN GET THE DANG THING OFF! LOL) and press on it with a small screwdriver to see if it pushes back(away from the injector end)......RIGHT?

Of course,whether or not that's the case, I need to NOID it, if possible, then if still no results......start tracking the wiring back?

Rob, if it's the 4 into 2 connection for that set of injectors......I need to pull back all the tape-wrap, and about where is that connection? Or, should I just tear it all the way back to the firewall? THEN.........WRAP IT AGAIN WITH WHAT? Oi vey, ......what a pain, lol.

You know, .....I REALLY doubt it's a problem with the ECU, and YESSSSSSSSS, I did man-handle the wiring loom, etc. Noticed those connectors, where they join furthest forward, are REALLY brittle, too. Figures, 270K Miles of Jarring around drama.....HEAT, ....elements, ...no wonder.

OK, GUYS, I'm on it, and again, THANK YOU!

M.W.M., C.E.C.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:15 AM

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Ok, so, the prongs in the injector, itself, are fine....but the female slots where it inserts(The connector) can push out the back? DANG, I never thought of that. Mine is all wrapped up on the back, so first, I'll look inside(IF I CAN GET THE DANG THING OFF! LOL) and press on it with a small screwdriver to see if it pushes back(away from the injector end)......RIGHT?

Of course,whether or not that's the case, I need to NOID it, if possible, then if still no results......start tracking the wiring back?

Rob, if it's the 4 into 2 connection for that set of injectors......I need to pull back all the tape-wrap, and about where is that connection? Or, should I just tear it all the way back to the firewall? THEN.........WRAP IT AGAIN WITH WHAT? Oi vey, ......what a pain, lol.
Mine female connectors where able to push out the back of the harness, I didn't realize it untill I was trying to put the noid light on it. Be sure that when you are plugging in the injector that they don't push out.

You don't need to go as far as the firewall with unwrapping the harness. Just start at the injectors and work your way towards the under hood fuse box. You will find the splices.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:19 AM

http://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyota...lem-i-had.html

Here is another good link Chef. Good luck man, I really hope this helps you out. Sorry again that I was away from the forum over the weekend, I have a feeling I could have saved you some headache.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:26 AM

ROB......YOU ROCK! lol. Jerry too, of course! Ok, so, what do I rewrap it with? I've heard ppl say that once you get it dry, cleaned up, sure you have no more ROT, ....wrap it up, TIGHT(MEANING NO SPACE for water to get in from the sides through a seam of wrap) and then use RTV at the top of the wrap, to keep moisture out?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:29 AM

http://forum.ih8mud.com/79-95-toyota...lem-i-had.html

Here is another good link Chef. Good luck man, I really hope this helps you out. Sorry again that I was away from the forum over the weekend, I have a feeling I could have saved you some headache.
HAHAHAHA, how funny....that's one that I found yesterday, then bookmarked it! Just checked my bookmarks again to make sure, lolol!

NAHHHHHHH, don't be sorry, how could you have known? More so, THANKS, for showing up to my drama! lolol.

How did you cut back the harness? X-acto? Nail Scissors?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:31 AM

ROB......YOU ROCK! lol. Jerry too, of course! Ok, so, what do I rewrap it with? I've heard ppl say that once you get it dry, cleaned up, sure you have no more ROT, ....wrap it up, TIGHT(MEANING NO SPACE for water to get in from the sides through a seam of wrap) and then use RTV at the top of the wrap, to keep moisture out?
I used about 5 layers of high grade electrical tape (3m supper 88) & some rtv at the end. Then I bought some more of the plastic split wire loom & one more wrap of tape over that. Did you pull it apart & find the problem yet?
Old 05-24-2010, 08:33 AM

PS> if I find that it's not the injector(if I can get that connector off without pulling the upper intake), then I'm assuming that I pretty much have to pull the upper intake, right?

HAHAHAHA, how funny....that's one that I found yesterday, then bookmarked it! Just checked my bookmarks again to make sure, lolol!

NAHHHHHHH, don't be sorry, how could you have known? More so, THANKS, for showing up to my drama! lolol.

How did you cut back the harness? X-acto? Nail Scissors?
No I was afraid if I used an exacto or razor knife that I would clip a wire or something so I took my time & peeled it away with my finger nails.

PS> if I find that it's not the injector(if I can get that connector off without pulling the upper intake), then I'm assuming that I pretty much have to pull the upper intake, right?
Unfortunatly, yes, I had to pull mine.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:34 AM

No, not been out there yet to figure it out, Rob....been planning dinner, getting out of doing lunch, and well, pretty much on here, looking for answers(You know, ...I just don't know enough about this stuff to just go tearing things apart...so I'm a bit nervous, and I wanted to be sure what the 'likely suspects' were, eh?)
Old 05-24-2010, 08:38 AM

Rob, 92, moze, lumpy, bleeder, & everyone else who's shooting me nuggets......

THANKS, MAN! ,

Ok, I think I have a good idea as to what to look for. I'll check that connector, first, then if it's 'no go', I'll start pulling the upper intake, ...yadda yadda yadda!

Thanks, guys, I'll have my laptop out there, so I'll check in for more input!

Mark
Old 05-24-2010, 08:38 AM

I would do the noid light first & be sure it was a wiring problem before you take the harness apart. Like I said that is also how I figured out that my injector terminals where pushing out the back.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:39 AM

No, not been out there yet to figure it out, Rob....been planning dinner, getting out of doing lunch, and well, pretty much on here, looking for answers(You know, ...I just don't know enough about this stuff to just go tearing things apart...so I'm a bit nervous, and I wanted to be sure what the 'likely suspects' were, eh?)
Your making me hungry

THANKS, MAN! ,

Ok, I think I have a good idea as to what to look for. I'll check that connector, first, then if it's 'no go', I'll start pulling the upper intake, ...yadda yadda yadda!

Thanks, guys, I'll have my laptop out there, so I'll check in for more input!

Mark
Good luck & Let me know I can help.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:40 AM

Right

I would do the noid light first & be sure it was a wiring problem before you take the harness apart. Like I said that is also how I figured out that my injector terminals where pushing out the back.
But, how can I be sure one of these noids will work? Is there a toyota-denso one? Somewhere? I've even had trouble finding them on line. Seen some universal ones, but just wondering if these plug in types will work since they're for GM and Fords
Old 05-24-2010, 08:45 AM

But, how can I be sure one of these noids will work? Is there a toyota-denso one? Somewhere? I've even had trouble finding them on line. Seen some universal ones, but just wondering if these plug in types will work since they're for GM and Fords
Same deal with the set I used. Use the Bosch one. Any of then should work as long as the prong spacing is right for them to be able to plug in.

one more thng, I pushed the terminals out the front of the the connector (plastic piece) & pluged the wires in by hand then slipped the plastic connector back over the terminals to be sure they where not pushing out the back.
Old 05-24-2010, 08:48 AM

Making you hungry? OHHHHHH, lol, sorry! hahaha.

Well, for dinner they're having Grilled Kansas, Creole Rubbed Lamb Chops, Grilled Yukon Potatoes smothered in Garlic and chives, Grilled Asparagus wrapped in uncured thin-Bacon and Andoullie Soup with Swiss Chard, Baby Fingerling taters and Cajun-Tomato Base.

Dessert; Creme Brulle with fresh Strawberries from my Garden(I have 82 fruit Trees, 50+ Herbs, 30+ Veggies, 4 Tubors, 6 Legumes, 15 Tomatoes(fruit, yes, but they DESERVE THEIR OWN CATEGORY, HAHAHA), and many edible flowers, including my favorite, "Strawberry Guava Flowers"....which also gives me KICK ARSE FRUIT!

Ok, well, I'm off to try and pin this down.

Thanks, again,

Mark
Old 05-24-2010, 08:51 AM

Also have MANY Gourd's; Acorn, Butternut, Turbin, Mini-Sweet Pumpkins, many more.

Quick Reply: ChefYota4x4's 1987 4Runner Build-Up Thread