86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

Bojangles 1987&1994 Toyota pickup build-up thread

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2011, 11:45 AM

Received 8 Likes on 6 Posts
I cant wait to SAS.
I planned on leaving the IFS in but decided against it.

So it wont be long...63 inch chevrolet leaf springs with 5.29's all around Can't wait!

The engine came from Jasper Engines and Transmissions.
Overall im not 100 percent satisfied, i wish it was a engine directly from Toyota...But oh well ...

Soon ill be replacing upper and lower ball joints on both sides because although ive gotten an alignment done, my tires are still bowing in and i can tell the ball joints are wearing out.

Not looking forward to that one...
Old 05-03-2011, 12:22 PM

Received 18 Likes on 13 Posts
could be Bj's, ...but I have had many Caster Camber issues with these, especially with larger tires, and most often, it was an "out of alignment" issue, causing pulling in on both sides when I bent a relay rod. Replaced the rod and they adjusted it to where it was marked, before, right to where the last one was, ...and it was DEAD ON! lol.

Lifetime at Firestone, ....but yeah, I guess if you're changing everything, ...why bother.....but then, why bother with Bj's? lol. I know, whatever it is will TEAR up those nice tires, right? Sorry it's giving drama, ...but at least it's running really nice, eh?
Old 05-03-2011, 01:06 PM

Exactly haha.

I can tell they are kind of old and worn, so why not?

May as well...
Now let me ask you a question...I need a hose that goes from the condenser to the dehydrator for my A/C...It was an R-12 system and it has been converted to a 134-A...
But that doesn't change any lines...So i would need a hose for the R-12 system...I cannot seem to buy a hose that fits.
Its the same shape and concept...But the little flange fitting that goes down into the condenser is to big.

Of course i could shave it down with my grinder...But i dont want to rig anything.

Do you have any idea where i could get this hose?

Its number 8 on the picture underneith.

Old 05-03-2011, 10:51 PM

I would bet that the junk yard could yield you one, maybe? Hmmmm, did you try this one?......>>> dealerdirectparts.com .... CALL them, asking for "TOYOTA PARTS" and ask for ...hmmm, I think it was Jeff? SUPER helpful guy. I would try that, first, if you don't want older parts.
Old 05-20-2011, 01:03 PM

So i havent been on in a while

Working 7 days a week is kicking my behind. Not to mention that my brothers wedding is the 28th so were all scrambling around trying to get everything ready.

But ive got some poser picks on a loading dock haha.

I had to quit because i was afraid some of the people staring at me were about to call the police, and ive already had enough run ins with the popo's...
got pulled the other night goin 46 in a 35 and got a warning .

My buddie called me the other day to show me the new shoes.

I love that truck haha.
37x13.50 IROKS.

Those jokers look mean!

He's got the baja fender flares on it and a lot of performance stuff done to the motor.
Maybe one day ill have something this nice...maybe. Haha.
Old 05-29-2011, 04:36 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Were ya at there bo? Is the sas happening, full size chevy new job whats going on? Been watchin the thread like your truck man mines alot like yours
Old 05-30-2011, 02:27 PM

Originally Posted by cred92
Were ya at there bo? Is the sas happening, full size chevy new job whats going on? Been watchin the thread like your truck man mines alot like yours
Thanks bubba!

Man its been real hectic lately.

Ive been working every day daylight to dark, And we had a huge fishing tournament at the marina, My brothers wedding was saturday so i had to help the family get ready for that.

Its been crazy! haha.

The truck is running great, i still have a small exhaust leak on the pipe connecting to the manifold...But im about to buy a header from addictedoffroad.com i think...

Hopefully ill be putting that on soon.

But things are just crazy lately...I hope to get back to working on the truck soon!

My boss has a 1996 taco that he takes rock crawling, and we were talking over the weekend and he wants me to take my yota out there...

So im about to invest in a nice front stinger bumber
And ill be making a set of rock sliders

We'll see what happens!!!

This is me and my buddies tahoe recently.
1998 Chevrolet Tahoe 6 inch suspension lift, 4 inch body lift, 37 inch yokohama all terrains.

Old 05-30-2011, 08:38 PM

Nice man stinger bumper would look sick id like one but thinking about regearing before that to some 4.88s, trail gear makes some good looking ones i want one of their back bumpers. I like the blacked out lights up front i just put some clears in mine cause it was cheaper to buy corners and turns than one corner, wish i couldve found black i have blacked out tail lights now.
Old 05-30-2011, 09:06 PM

Yeahhhhhhhh Booooooooooy! Bo's back! LOL. Tonka's Lookin Gooooooooten!
Old 06-01-2011, 12:12 PM

Nice man stinger bumper would look sick id like one but thinking about regearing before that to some 4.88s, trail gear makes some good looking ones i want one of their back bumpers. I like the blacked out lights up front i just put some clears in mine cause it was cheaper to buy corners and turns than one corner, wish i couldve found black i have blacked out tail lights now.
Yeah im thinking it wont be long before i regear to 5.29's.
If i plan on doing any rock crawling with this truck im going to have to get a new rear bumper to.
The blacked out lights look awesome, But they suck. You cant see a thing at night!
Im about to buy an HID kit that comes with a new light assembly and everything.

Originally Posted by ChefYota4x4
Yeahhhhhhhh Booooooooooy! Bo's back! LOL. Tonka's Lookin Gooooooooten!
Yes sir!!! Haha hopefully i can get back to work on the truck!
Old 06-01-2011, 02:45 PM

Haha they look cool anyways even if they do suck, what kinda exhaust r you runnin I thought I saw duals but can't remember?
Old 06-04-2011, 11:44 AM

Haha yeah, but when they almost killed me on a dirt road i decided i didn't care how they looked. I wanted BRIGHT lights lol.

Ive got cat back exhaust Y piped to 3 inch tips right now.

But soon im going to put a new header on and a magnaflow cat with a new oxygen sensor.
Old 06-04-2011, 09:27 PM

Lol yea function before looks, I was thinking about putting new system magnaflow cat n muffler but idk maybe one day
Old 06-08-2011, 12:02 PM

Lol yea function before looks, I was thinking about putting new system magnaflow cat n muffler but idk maybe one day
Yeah, im just dealing with a big exhaust leak right now and im getting kinda tired of it haha.
Old 06-08-2011, 05:18 PM

Yea I think I have developed one right by the front of the cab maybe around the o2 sensor idk cranked it to let the ac get cold n noticed it, haha it's always somethin
Old 06-13-2011, 09:13 AM

Haha you aint lyin.

Alright fellas, its come time to start buying supplies to paint my truck with...

Im going to buy new fenders and a new tailgate...But i need to know what color i should go back with...

Original green is a possibility, but im thinking outside of the box...

Gloss black?
Pearl white?
Darkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkkk green...Almost looks black but when the sun hits it just right its got a green tint?...get what im sayin? lol
Pink? Bahaha jk

Just shoot me some ideas and pictures of good looking paint jobs on yotas that you've seen...Im hoping to do this sometime soon...

Just graduated High School
Now im getting some grad money in the mail, and im working 2 jobs so im saving up a good bit of money.

Yall are about to see a new header and possibly body lift

I know how some of you feel about body lifts, but its probably going to happen just because...

Soon ill be regearing...Ive got a guy that will install front and back for 275 a piece.
Which i dont think is to bad honestly...Let me know what you think on that.

Bojangles...out.
Old 06-13-2011, 05:56 PM

I like your factory color but if my paint looked as good as yours id be a happy man lol, the dark green almost black sounds sweeet.

I used to rag my budy that has a body lift on his jeep, then i bought my yota with a body lift i like the look it gives n rides good to me idk much details on pros and cons but it works for me.

n i guess thats an okay price on gears do you have to buy the gears or does he supply them for the 275?
Old 06-13-2011, 06:06 PM

Received 69 Likes on 48 Posts
Plum Crazy

Old 06-13-2011, 07:05 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
red n black

Old 06-14-2011, 12:37 PM

Originally Posted by xxxtreme22r
Plum Crazy

GAHHHHHHHH If i had a challenger that would be my color!!!!!!!!

That would look kinda sweet on my yota though haha.

Originally Posted by 87hillbillyoter
red n black

I love the color on your truck bubba.
I wonder how it would fit mine?....hmmmm

Quick Reply: Bojangles 1987&1994 Toyota pickup build-up thread