86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

aalba92691's 1988 Pickup Build-Up Thread

Search this Thread

Old 11-24-2009, 06:37 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
aalba,
Hows the bump steer with the Blazeland kit while driving? Right now I just have ball joint spacers and almost want to take them off because of the added bump steer.
Old 11-24-2009, 06:56 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Fordota Jumps

I jumped the Fordota a few times back in 2004, before the Blazeland Creation (BC). In the photos I had a Supelift bracket kit with Rancho mid travel UCAs. It cycled about 11" of travel. For dampening it had the Downey Double shock hoops with Bilsteins. It held up on this jump, I jumped it a dozen times or so, but the landing was really mellow and I only got a couple of feet of air.

Just so everyone knows the Blazeland LT is not engineered for jumping and hardcore pre-running. The dynamic loads are far too unpredictable to calculate. It may hold up, it may not?

FYI- There is no warranty stated or implied for the Blazeland LT. There is however a liability release form.
Attached Thumbnails aalba92691's 1988 Pickup Build-Up Thread-liftoff_crop.jpg   aalba92691's 1988 Pickup Build-Up Thread-hang-time_crop.jpg   aalba92691's 1988 Pickup Build-Up Thread-touching-down_crop.jpg  

Last edited by BlazeN8; 11-24-2009 at 07:09 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:19 PM

Originally Posted by Dbl. E
aalba,
Hows the bump steer with the Blazeland kit while driving? Right now I just have ball joint spacers and almost want to take them off because of the added bump steer.
There is no difference in steering wheel feedback since I put the Blazeland kit on. The truck aligned perfectly and drives great....!
Old 11-24-2009, 07:21 PM

Originally Posted by 874runnersr5
after seeing your thread, i am not buying lt for my truck. no moar sas!
I'm confused, so your not buying LT and you're not getting a SAS??? so what are you doing???? staying stock???? your reply did not make sense....
Old 11-24-2009, 07:23 PM

Originally Posted by BlazeN8

Just so everyone knows the Blazeland LT is not engineered for jumping and hardcore pre-running. The dynamic loads are far too unpredictable to calculate. It may hold up, it may not?

FYI- There is no warranty stated or implied for the Blazeland LT. There is however a liability release form.

Duly noted.

Last edited by Bako88; 11-24-2009 at 07:24 PM.
Old 11-24-2009, 07:25 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Damn the ranger in post 251 flew like a mile man...

Blazen8 after seeing the videos beening posted here I would have said the same thing man..

This kit looks good , I like it..
Old 11-24-2009, 07:35 PM

Hey, I used to live in San Jose. Is Toyota 4x4 Dismantlers on Beryessa Street (sp?) still open?

Originally Posted by RMA
Damn the ranger in post 251 flew like a mile man...

Blazen8 after seeing the videos beening posted here I would have said the same thing man..

This kit looks good , I like it..
Old 11-24-2009, 07:41 PM

Hey, I used to live in San Jose. Is Toyota 4x4 Dismantlers on Beryessa Street (sp?) still open?
Nate, Your kit it badass man! I'm glad I did it. with the money I saved from not buying the chaos kit, I'm gonna do a cage and some rear suspension work...
Old 11-24-2009, 07:43 PM
Contributing Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Originally Posted by Bako88
Duly noted.

I've been noticing you're little ad's at the end of your posts... why don't you just put a link in your sig?

A mod is going to get onto you for that, I garantee it...
Old 11-24-2009, 07:51 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
Not sure if they have the same name still but there is a toyota dismantler there.

Originally Posted by aalba92691
Nate, Your kit it badass man! I'm glad I did it. with the money I saved from not buying the chaos kit, I'm gonna do a cage and some rear suspension work...
Congrats on the install man looks good, good luck with it.
Old 11-24-2009, 08:30 PM

Hey Superbleeder,

You know me I am a NUB! Actually not sure what your talking about with a link in my sig? By the way I really liked the animation sequence you made of the three pictures of the suspension jig. I need to make a video of that or at least a better sequence one with a camera tripod and a dozen stills instead of just three. A few readers called me on bumpsteer, I blame it on my amature photography.

I have a few new still frame animation sequences I'd like to send you. If your intersted in doing some more graphic design work hit me up with a PM with your phone number.

Nate

Originally Posted by iamsuperbleeder
I've been noticing you're little ad's at the end of your posts... why don't you just put a link in your sig?

A mod is going to get onto you for that, I garantee it...
Old 11-24-2009, 08:38 PM
Contributing Member

Received 30 Likes on 25 Posts
Hey Superbleeder,

You know me I am a NUB! Actually not sure what your talking about with a link in my sig? By the way I really liked the animation sequence you made of the three pictures of the suspension jig. I need to make a video of that or at least a better sequence one with a camera tripod and a dozen stills instead of just three. A few readers called me on bumpsteer, I blame it on my amature photography.

I have a few new still frame animation sequences I'd like to send you. If your intersted in doing some more graphic design work hit me up with a PM with your phone number.

Nate
lol, that was directed towards Baco88. I just noticed in more than one post that little advertisement thing for whatever web site he's putting at the bottom... doesn't bother me really, but there's a reason that we're not allowed to put pictures in our signurature... links are fine, but a moderator is going to say/do something about the picture in every post...

yeah man I do nothing most afternoons, and can knock out an animation in no time, lol. I'll send you a PM

Old 11-24-2009, 10:25 PM

Received 11 Likes on 7 Posts
Originally Posted by aalba92691
I'm confused, so your not buying LT and you're not getting a SAS??? so what are you doing???? staying stock???? your reply did not make sense....
haha crap, i just read that.

going lt, not sas.
Old 11-25-2009, 01:28 AM

Nate, I personally won't buy one until at least one has been tested to its limit as I want to have an idea where that limit is. Maybe you could install one on a beater and test it to destruction, on video of course. Was the design strength calculated at all, or just "guess and (no) check"?

I don't mean to be a wet rag, but I wouldn't want to be in the truck when the LCA snaps at 60mph because I hit a pothole. I'm not implying there is anything wrong with your product, its just seems very untested to be releasing into the market. Correct me if I'm wrong.

Last edited by Matt16; 11-25-2009 at 01:30 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 06:53 AM

Originally Posted by Matt16

I don't mean to be a wet rag, but I wouldn't want to be in the truck when the LCA snaps at 60mph because I hit a pothole. I'm not implying there is anything wrong with your product, its just seems very untested to be releasing into the market. Correct me if I'm wrong.
im no nate but did you read the other thread about his kit? it states pretty mucheverything that has ever been asked
Old 11-25-2009, 05:08 PM

Test it to destruction...that would be a video to see! There are a couple of year appropriate junkers sitting on the property in Ocotilla that have been stripped, but they are still rollers. Maybe the slaw dog boys would bolt on the Blazeland LT fill the bed and engine compartment with sand, tow it up a big hill (with lots of whoops) and ghost ride it down.

Back to reality..... do you know what the limits are on a stock truck? Does man ever really know the limits on anything he builds. Airplanes crash, bridges fail, space shuttle explodes, Grave Digger grenades a planetary. In all probability your more likely to crash your truck because you fell to sleep at the wheel or had one to many beers.

Here is what I always do after a weekend of bouncing around in the desert. Inspect everything before hitting the road. Air up to the proper tire pressure. Drive mellow on the pavement for a few miles. Listen for unusual noises. Keep an eye on the gauges. Make a visual note on ride height. Is anything drooping or sagging? Get a sense of feel for the vehicle. If something is bent or broken most likely the vehicle wont track straight. Just use your common sense and most likely you will be able to spot a problem. Carry spare parts, fluids, and tools. Be prepared.

Originally Posted by Matt16
Nate, I personally won't buy one until at least one has been tested to its limit as I want to have an idea where that limit is. Maybe you could install one on a beater and test it to destruction, on video of course. Was the design strength calculated at all, or just "guess and (no) check"?

Last edited by BlazeN8; 11-26-2009 at 10:23 AM.
Old 11-25-2009, 09:52 PM

Test it to destruction...that would be a video to see! There are a couple of year appropriate junkers sitting on the property in Ocotilla that have been stripped, but they are still rollers. Maybe the slaw dog boys would bolt on the Blazeland LT fill the bed and engine compartment with sand, tow it up a big hill (with lots of whoops) and gost ride it down.

Back to reality..... do you know what the limits are on a stock truck? Does man ever really know the limits on anything he builds. Airplanes crash, bridges fail, space shuttle explodes, Grave Digger grenades a planetary. In all probability your more likely to crash your truck because you fell to sleep at the wheel or had one to many beers.

Here is what I always do after a weekend of bouncing around in the desert. Inspect everything before hitting the road. Air up to the proper tire pressure. Drive mellow on the pavement for a few miles. Listen for unusual noises. Keep an eye on the gauges. Make a visual note on ride height. Is anything drooping or sagging? Get a sense of feel for the vehicle. If something is bent or broken most likely the vehicle wont track straight. Just use your common sense and most likely you will be able to spot a problem. Carry spare parts, fluids, and tools. Be prepared.

p.s. ill be contacting you soon!
Old 11-26-2009, 10:34 AM

My first truck was a Ranger, I loved it. Don't trash talk Rangers when they've been proven in the deserts for 20+ years. But now that I'm converted to Toyotas, I don't think I'd ever go back to a Ranger unless times got desperate cause Rangers are a dime a dozen.

Hey "91 TOYOTA 4x4", I went to school with your buddy Mike I think. He has a 2 door black 4runner? You live in the Lower Mainland?
Old 11-26-2009, 11:11 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
I would love to try this on my 4runner... a softer ride would be sweet. Maybe i'll be the next cantidate when the money situation starts to correct itself. hahah
Old 11-26-2009, 02:41 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by ckblum
My first truck was a Ranger, I loved it. Don't trash talk Rangers when they've been proven in the deserts for 20+ years. But now that I'm converted to Toyotas, I don't think I'd ever go back to a Ranger unless times got desperate cause Rangers are a dime a dozen.

Hey "91 TOYOTA 4x4", I went to school with your buddy Mike I think. He has a 2 door black 4runner? You live in the Lower Mainland?
yah man i thought that was you he was telling me about your truck haha and how you blew 3rd or somethin lol, burnin oil like no tomorrow haha sounds like you beat your truck hard eh. yah i live in langley and mike goes to ufv and has red hair and always chills with you in the morinin in the comp lab haha he told me to say that lol

Last edited by 91_TOYOTA_4x4; 11-26-2009 at 02:59 PM.

Quick Reply: aalba92691's 1988 Pickup Build-Up Thread