86-95 Trucks & 4Runners (Build-Up Section) Post your build-ups here

1988 4runner slow build.

Search this Thread

Old 06-27-2017, 09:41 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Terrys87
Nice looking runner you have. On the tire carrier I have soaked them in PB Blaster and just trying to keep moving it a little at a time until it frees up. This way can take up to a week or two at a time and is a slow process. You will eventually get it to operate.

If you can get access to the 3 or 4 bolts that connect the tire carrier to the frame, you can remove the tire carrier. Google "Electrolisis Tank" and it will destroy the rust and you will have the tire carrier working in just a day or two. It is a system of using a battery charger, some baking soda to remove rust. Great for other things as well.

Getting to the bolts that hold the carrier might be a little difficult and may need to loosen the body bolts to get access to the tire carrier.
I have been putting off the tire carrier project. I've been very busy but thanks for all the great info. I might decide to tackle it this summer.
Old 06-29-2017, 10:45 PM

Cooling her off
Scoping my line hoping my car will fit with out totaling it
Pictures don't give it credit. This was steep, tight and loose.

This yote can get the job done. Best part is it's bone stock.
Old 06-30-2017, 04:42 PM

Received 210 Likes on 147 Posts
Great pics, looks like a good trail.
Old 07-27-2017, 09:05 PM

Hey yota tech so I've been Really itching to get a cargo van or something along those lines to convert and live in part time. So that means I would be trying to sell or trade my 4runner to fund this. It has a brand new 22re with just under 9k on it done at a local Toyota shop. 5 speed manual. All the goods that the stock 4 runners have. Only thing after market is the rear bumper. Share this or text my personal number if you guys have anything or are interested. I'm out of couer d alene Idaho. Willing to drive some distance for the right van. 208-659-1117