Notices
The Classifieds GraveYard Where old classifieds threads go that are too good to let go

**SOLD** 1989 SR5 V6 4Runner; GREAT Condition, Manual Trans 174k

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2010, 10:40 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Unhappy **SOLD** 1989 SR5 V6 4Runner; GREAT Condition, Manual Trans 174k

I hate to do it, but I have to sell it. Trading in my two well loved DDs for one more economical option at the moment

1989 Toyota 4Runner SR5 V6.

This runner has been in Northern Colorado all its life. I am the third owner, and this 4Runner has been very well kept. The first owner had it for 15 years, the second for six, and I have owned it for almost one. It has been serviced at a local shop its entire life, and all the records of the vehicle maintained.

This 4Runner came with every single option offered as far as I know, aside from an automatic transmission (it has a manual!)
I've recently replaced the exhaust from the catalytic converter all the way back. The power antenna mast is also new. The center console has been reupholstered and looks fantastic (new foam cushioning too!).

Options:
SR5 Package:
-3.0l V6 with EFI (3VZE)
-5-Speed Manual Transmission
-2-Speed Transfer Case
-Automatic locking front hubs
-Vented Power assisted front disc brakes
-IFS
-Power Steering/Tilt Wheel
-SR5 Stripes
-Variable Intermittent Wipers
-Rear Window Wiper and Defogger
-Split fold down rear seat
-Tinted Glass, full carpeting
-SR5 Reclining Cloth bucket seats

Additional Options Chosen:
-Power Package: Power Windows, Door Locks, Antenna, Dual Electric Outside Mirrors, Sunroof
-Aluminum Alloy Wheels
-Chrome Package: Bumpers/Exterior Trim
-Cruise Control
-Rear Heater
-Fabric Sport Seat Package
-Air Conditioner
-Appearance pkg: Carpeted Floor Mats, Drop Hitch Receiver

I get about 20mpg and the motor runs perfectly. The Runner has the original tool kit and leather pouch, as well as full size spare and jack.
The gearbox is in great shape as well, every once in a while selecting reverse takes a second try.

I have the original window sticker, as well as all of the original paper work that came with the vehicle. Bright Blue Metallic only offered in 88 and 89 for the 1st Gen, and grey interior. Personally I think one of the best color combos. The interior is in AMAZING condition. Driver's seat is in 9/10 condition as well. The pictures will show it. The only flaws in the interior:
- Driver's door panel has two wear spots, that can probably be detailed to look almost unnoticeable. The dash has 3 very small cracks near the defrost, all three have been siliconed shut, and shouldnt travel. I also use a sunshade every day when the vehicle is outside.

It would appear that EVERY coolant, air, and vaccum hose has been replaced within the last few years. The engine bay is truly immaculate. Aside from two small spots of surface rust, and one tiny spot of rust in the top of the tailgate, it's a rust free car. Colorado doesn't use salt on the roads.
For the first fifteen years of its life, it was used to drive up to Summit County and back twice a month, and that’s it. Most of the miles on the vehicle are from highway use and it definitely shows as good of condition it’s in. I spent over a year looking for the perfect 4Runner and found this one finally; it’s a shame my heart is now in another place.

I'm almost positive the top has never been removed. Both previous owners are over the hill, so this vehicle was treated well (not abused). One interior window trim piece cracked in half and the other half is missing. I'd imagine finding that plastic piece wouldn't be that hard or expensive.
Vehicle has a two hitch and wired for a trailer. as with all of these cars, the rear springs are weaker than they should be, but actually in better shape than most I've driven. If I were to keep the car I would probably go for an add-a-leaf.
Vehicle comes with a roof rack painted to match the silver exterior accents. I have a wind/bug screen to go with it, but I removed it a few months back.
All of the seals; doors, sunroof, windows – are in excellent condition. Wouldn’t be surprised if they were new – that’s how good of condition.

Problems with the vehicle:
- There is only one spot of rust, which is on the tailgate.. Probably ½” in diameter.
- The chassis is virtually dent free. Two very small dents above and below the passenger taillight, which are almost unnoticeable.
- Two very small door dents can be found as well, most likely paintless dent repairs.
- The vehicle has two very small surface rust spots which are extremely easy fixes.
- The oil pan has a slow drip, the rest of the engine is in immaculate condition.
- The A/C clutch needs to be replaced. The compressor is in great shape, just needs a new clutch.
-The dome light and rear heater are both missing the plastic ends to the toggle switches; easy fix, but they haven’t bothered me.
-Two of the rubber door bump stop strips are missing, and a third needs to be reglued.

This Runner was very well loved and it shows. It’s hard describing the feel of the vehicle compared to others out there, and several I’ve driven, but it is a very solid truck, and doesn’t feel worn out at all. Suspension is tight, motor runs strong, interior is in great shape, it’s honestly a great truck.
I realize I forgot to take pictures of the undercarriage. So if anyone has any particular requests, just shout. It’s definitely in the best condition I’ve ever seen a 1st gen be in.

I’m asking $4,600.

Click on the link to the photobucket album to see more pictures. >> http://s574.photobucket.com/albums/s...view=slideshow

I’m sad to see this go, but it merits a good home and someone that deserves it. I’m pretty sure it has been garaged for most of its life.

Cheers,
Nick
Email or PM work great; neockder at gmail

Last edited by neockder; 10-06-2010 at 11:56 PM.
Old 10-07-2010, 06:05 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Damn... i want it... so clean.... good luck with sale!
Old 10-10-2010, 08:55 PM

Old 10-11-2010, 08:24 PM

Sold!
Old 10-13-2010, 09:42 AM

Damn it!!!!

Originally Posted by neockder
Sold!
I hate when I miss these, exactly what I want:-( Oh well, brought a new baby boy into the world so I'm still lucky:-) ........
....tell us who bought it I might need to go bully them into a quick turn around sell. Lol joking.
Old 10-14-2010, 10:45 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by neockder
Sold!
Congrats! That is one AMAZING 1st Gen 'Runner. I hope the buyer loves it as much as the previous 3 owners.

Andy