Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

Thank you Bridgestone

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2004, 01:53 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thank you Bridgestone

I got a brand new set of tires today thanks to their current recall on the 285/75/16 Duelers. They gave me the option of staying w/ the same size, going to OE size or alternate. I of course opted for the latter 265/75/16 Revo's. Total cost out the door w/ road hazard $93.00

The great thing about this is i just picked up the above mentioned tires mounted on M/T Classic II's for a very affordable price of $345 that with the additional $93 i spent for new alloys and tires is a great deal! No rubbing so far and ride quality on road is very decent.
Old 08-28-2004, 02:23 PM

Good deal buddy. Here is info from Bridgestone webby on the recall for those that do not know all of the facts. recall
Old 08-28-2004, 02:45 PM

Originally Posted by BigBadBlue
Good deal buddy. Here is info from Bridgestone webby on the recall for those that do not know all of the facts. recall

good looking out...thanks to yotatech otherwise i wouldn't have been the wiser.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:20 PM

Took some new pics today...

and an art shot...
Old 08-29-2004, 01:23 PM

Great lookin Taco. My bro in law has the same Taco but its all factory. Wish he would get the bug and start building it up.
Old 08-29-2004, 01:27 PM

thanks...some people will resist the bug...no matter how hard you try...they're probably the smart ones
Old 08-29-2004, 02:00 PM
Contributing Member

sweet, thanks for letting me know. i have been out of the loop b/c of a move and I guess I'll be getting a new set too . I have major wheel envy. On both cars!! Lets see some pics of the audi also You have two of my favorite vehicles on the road. Espically if your audi has an S badge on the rear.
Old 08-29-2004, 02:12 PM

Originally Posted by turboale
sweet, thanks for letting me know. i have been out of the loop b/c of a move and I guess I'll be getting a new set too . I have major wheel envy. On both cars!! Lets see some pics of the audi also You have two of my favorite vehicles on the road. Espically if your audi has an S badge on the rear.
thanks my Audi is truly my first love and my labor of love. Put a lot of work into it and got it memorialized in magazine history We're done with it now...waiting for the new A6 to come out then we'll slap these 20x9 forged wheels onto the A6 it'll look more proportional on the bigger ride.

some more pics here...clicky
Old 08-29-2004, 03:12 PM
AUJWE

Truck looks good but my favorite is the Audi. I've always been an Audi fan. There are a few nice ones around here. This company is down the road from me: APR
Have you ever heard of them?
Old 08-29-2004, 03:26 PM

oh yes i've heard of them they're big in the vw/audi tuning world they're stage III for the newer A4 is due out this year sometime should be a monster
Old 08-29-2004, 03:33 PM
AUJWE

Originally Posted by Foo Fighter
oh yes i've heard of them they're big in the vw/audi tuning world they're stage III for the newer A4 is due out this year sometime should be a monster
Sweet. I find it interesting that a company of that magnitude is located in Auburn. We're not really the hot spot for performance German cars if you know what I mean. We are in Alabama after all. But, more power to them.
What I would give for an Audi RS 6. I would love to put all the Camaro and Mustang retards to shame in one. And unlike them be able to handle the curves while doing so.
Old 08-29-2004, 05:23 PM

Originally Posted by AUJWE
Sweet. I find it interesting that a company of that magnitude is located in Auburn. We're not really the hot spot for performance German cars if you know what I mean. We are in Alabama after all. But, more power to them.
What I would give for an Audi RS 6. I would love to put all the Camaro and Mustang retards to shame in one. And unlike them be able to handle the curves while doing so.
those RS6's are the sickest things to be in...the sound of that 4.2l V8 under boost is intoxicating...they have tuning stuff for it now that bumps the HP up from 450 to 550 the next gen RS6 will have the V10 Lamborghini Gallardo motor in it
Old 08-29-2004, 07:16 PM
AUJWE

I saw one on eBay that claimed to have 450+ hp and it was going for over $70K. Wow. You've been in one?
The new one sounds like it's going to be faster. I wonder how much it will cost when it comes out? I think a bi-turbo V8 would be funner though. I mean you can do a lot to a turbo car to make it faster, easier than a N/A car anyway. But, I wouldn't complain with a V10. I think the new BMW M5 is going to have a V10 in it.
I've always been a Porsche fan as far as sports cars go. But, for a four door car you just can't beat the lines of an Audi.
Old 08-29-2004, 07:34 PM

Originally Posted by AUJWE
I saw one on eBay that claimed to have 450+ hp and it was going for over $70K. Wow. You've been in one?
The new one sounds like it's going to be faster. I wonder how much it will cost when it comes out? I think a bi-turbo V8 would be funner though. I mean you can do a lot to a turbo car to make it faster, easier than a N/A car anyway. But, I wouldn't complain with a V10. I think the new BMW M5 is going to have a V10 in it.
I've always been a Porsche fan as far as sports cars go. But, for a four door car you just can't beat the lines of an Audi.
very true i couldn't agree with you more...IMHO BMW has strayed way off course w/ their current line of cars...which is sad because they really have nice cars (not that i would ever drive one).

Yeah i've been in one, it's just effortless how fast the car moves up the MPH almost as fast as the dam tach. I think it'll be priced competitive w/ the new M5 as it is their target market. So we'll see...not sure if the S6 will have the V10 and the RS6 will be turbo'ed as it has been historically been turbo cars.

if you're bored come on over to audizine.com and cruise around lots of crazy modded audi's on that site I admin over there and the site format is similar to this so you wont have a prob navigating it!
Old 08-29-2004, 08:10 PM
AUJWE

very true i couldn't agree with you more...IMHO BMW has strayed way off course w/ their current line of cars...which is sad because they really have nice cars (not that i would ever drive one).

Yeah i've been in one, it's just effortless how fast the car moves up the MPH almost as fast as the dam tach. I think it'll be priced competitive w/ the new M5 as it is their target market. So we'll see...not sure if the S6 will have the V10 and the RS6 will be turbo'ed as it has been historically been turbo cars.

if you're bored come on over to audizine.com and cruise around lots of crazy modded audi's on that site I admin over there and the site format is similar to this so you wont have a prob navigating it!
Every magazine that I have read lately review a new BMW hasn't had too much good to say about them. Especially that I-Drive system they have. I don't like the new styling that BMW has gone to either.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:17 PM
AUJWE

Every magazine that I have read lately review a new BMW hasn't had too much good to say about them. Especially that I-Drive system they have. I don't like the new styling that BMW has gone to either.

I like Audi S6's too. There's just something about Audi's styling that I like. They're not flashy. They just look mean. There used to be a guy down the road from me who had a yellow S4 and it looked sweet. Just something about that German styling that's hard to explain. But, you probably know what I mean b/c you do have one.

I actually checked out the site a little bit earlier from the link in your sig. I will go back and look around when I get some time. I don't know if I need to be getting Audi envy though. I will probably be driving my 4Runner till it rots to the ground one day. So, I guess I will have to buy my significant other a German hot rod sedan one day when I get married and enjoy it that way.
Old 08-29-2004, 08:54 PM

i hear you...my wife rocks the avant during the day and i tool around w/ the truck as my daily. It's great when she tells me that guys in trucks yell out the window that the car "fvcking rocks" she loves modding cars/trucks too so it's really not hard to talk her into doing things to the audi or the taco
Old 08-29-2004, 09:24 PM
AUJWE

i hear you...my wife rocks the avant during the day and i tool around w/ the truck as my daily. It's great when she tells me that guys in trucks yell out the window that the car "fvcking rocks" she loves modding cars/trucks too so it's really not hard to talk her into doing things to the audi or the taco
Maybe I will luck up and find me someone like that. That has to make it a lot easier to buy mods for the Audi. That's why I was thinking of it being good to buy one for the wife. "Honey, you need that ECU upgrade, the extra 50hp would when running the kids around."
Old 08-29-2004, 09:50 PM

definitely! she's a little mad mom in the wagon too...i was shocked but not surprised when we were going around a freeway sweeper that she took it at 110 thank God we have a V1 in that Audi
Old 08-30-2004, 09:54 AM
AUJWE

definitely! she's a little mad mom in the wagon too...i was shocked but not surprised when we were going around a freeway sweeper that she took it at 110 thank God we have a V1 in that Audi
Yeah, thank God for the V1 and hopefully you have some handles to hold on to like our Toyotas do. Definitely couldn't take a freeway sweeper going 110 in my 4Runner. Not unless I wanted to lay it on its side.