Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

Bridgestone Dueler M/T

Search this Thread

Old 05-22-2004, 07:45 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Bridgestone Dueler M/T

Well I was talking about tires again today with a few buddies, and I had my mind set on some BFG A/T. My brother said that if I did get those, he would slash them all because everyone and their mom (literally) has those tires. Him and a lot of other people suggested Bridgestone Dueler M/T's. Everyone thought they would look awesome. I buddy of mine had some on his ZR2 and I remember them looking pretty good. Anyone have any opinions on these tires, I'm getting a little confused . I mean... they are just tires!!
Old 05-22-2004, 08:42 PM
Contributing Member

I've heard they're kinda weak...my buddy had them on his 2500HD Chevy and he said he got flats all the time, he lives on a dirt road similar to mine and he said all the sharp rocks were just tearin them up.

I have the BFG M/T's and they don't have problems at all.

I'd get the BFG's...I love mine.

Fink
Old 05-22-2004, 08:58 PM

Originally Posted by jethro358
Well I was talking about tires again today with a few buddies, and I had my mind set on some BFG A/T. My brother said that if I did get those, he would slash them all because everyone and their mom (literally) has those tires. Him and a lot of other people suggested Bridgestone Dueler M/T's. Everyone thought they would look awesome. I buddy of mine had some on his ZR2 and I remember them looking pretty good. Anyone have any opinions on these tires, I'm getting a little confused . I mean... they are just tires!!

The BFG's are 100% better than the Duelers. DO NOT be talked out of them.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:26 AM
Contributing Member

Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts
Originally Posted by kenandjenn
The BFG's are 100% better than the Duelers. DO NOT be talked out of them.
i don't know much about the bridgestone's but there is definitely a reason why everyone has bfg A/Ts.
Old 05-23-2004, 11:35 AM

I had some BFG ATs on my TJ a few years back. They did their job well for ATs. I have Dueler MTs now and do not have brand loyalty to them. They're good tires, but for $188 each, they should be better than good. If I were to choose again, I'd probably go with BFG MTs.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:16 AM
Contributing Member

I had BFG's Radial All Terrain (non KO model) on my 94 Ranger. They were ok, but when they wore down to 50% tread, they wouldn't grip the road.

I replaced them with Bridgestone Dueler M/T's and they were a better tire (but expensive). I was working for Firestone at the time so I got them for a good price.
Old 05-24-2004, 05:45 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Him and a lot of other people suggested Bridgestone Dueler M/T's. Everyone thought they would look awesome. I buddy of mine had some on his ZR2 and I remember them looking pretty good.
Are you going for looks or performance?
Old 05-24-2004, 08:12 AM
Contributing Member

Well first off you're comparing two different types of tires. You're comparing an AT (BFG's) to a MT (Bridgestones). There is a complete difference between the two. The AT's are for more on-road usage as compared to the MT. If you want an AT tire I would suggest the Dueller Revo's as those are a proven well functioning tire both on and off-road. The BFG's AT's are also a good tire, but people complain about their traction in wet conditions. I myself have BFG MT's and they are great. They ride nicely on the road and handle off-road stuff like a true champ. I'm not real familiar with the Bridgestones MT, but I have heard that they have some weaknesses off-road. Basically you need to first decide what kind of tire you need(AT or MT) and then decide what brand you want to get. Just my .02
Old 05-25-2004, 10:50 AM

my 265/75 bfg t/a ko's grip GREAT in the rain. Heavy downpours, deep puddles at highway speed, or just slick wet roads, they are above average. There is simply so much tread depth that they cut right through the water and grab the road. in deep puddles in hydroplane situations, the flat surface of the tread pattern does cause it to float, but any tire would hydroplane going 60 through a puddle. There's nothing wrong with the rain performance of the bfg ta's.
Old 06-18-2004, 07:31 AM
Ric
Banned - User requested

late reply

sorry but i have have the Bridgestone Dueler M/T`s, i got them when i had 105,503 miles, i now have 130,000 mls. so thats about 25,000 miles on them, looks like ill get another 5,000 for whats its worth, im thinking real hard about the Goodyear MTR next.
Ric
Old 06-20-2004, 03:28 PM

Do not get a MT tire unless you do lots of off road driving, like hard core rockcrawling or mudding. That being said, the BFG AT KO's are awesome under most driving conditions. They eat up street, sand, rock, rain, and snow and are snow rated (no chains required under most conditions). But I live in CA and we don't have much mud here. BFG AT's suck in deep mud. So if you are a mudder, get some MT's.
Old 06-20-2004, 06:43 PM

Wow...forgot about this thread. Well some time went by and I finally got some BFG ATs and I must say I'm very impressed. They look very aggressive on my car, especially since I took off the running boards within an hour of having the new tires on. I even had some ricers in a "pimped" out durango at a stop light tell me they looked really good on my truck.
Old 06-20-2004, 08:49 PM

My dad had a set of BFG AT's on an 86 Blazer and hated them. Said they rode like crap, had too soft of a side wall and had one blow out like a retread with only 5000 miles on it. I would NEVER own a BF Badrich...

Chuck
Old 06-20-2004, 09:05 PM

Originally Posted by Midnight Rider
My dad had a set of BFG AT's on an 86 Blazer and hated them. Said they rode like crap, had too soft of a side wall and had one blow out like a retread with only 5000 miles on it. I would NEVER own a BF Badrich...

Chuck
BFG AT's and MT's are the most popular off road tire... period. Despite your fathers blow out...