Tires & Wheels Anything about tires and wheels

Anyone used onlinetires.com?

Search this Thread

Old 03-30-2010, 04:12 PM
Contributing Member

Received 10 Likes on 9 Posts
Whats with all the first posters reviewing an online tire company on here all of a sudden?
One positive and one negative all the same month. Hmmmm.
Old 05-09-2010, 12:56 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
If you are scared to deal with them just use them to have Discounttiresdirect match there price. They WILL!!! Just my2c.
Old 05-12-2010, 06:14 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Paul H.
Whats with all the first posters reviewing an online tire company on here all of a sudden?
One positive and one negative all the same month. Hmmmm.
Weird huh? I tend to take less advice from newbie posters as you never know who is a spammer and whatnot. Like I said earlier, price=A customer service=F unless they have changed it. I tried awhile back to post my review on the tire I bought from them but blasted them on their customer service. For some reason it never showed up on the reviews section....
Old 05-19-2010, 01:09 AM

i just bought my 33x10.50 all terrain's from them. There werehouse isnt that far from me. there in house customer service isnt that great either.They didnt call me to tell me my tires were in,they have no credit card machine,so I spent 30 minutes looking for one,and I had to take my tires off their loading ramp 5ft. high,roll them to my car, and load them,while they watched.

I'd probably try them again since their local and cheap,but if I shell out $600+ on some tires,im gunna expect some help loading them.

pj
Old 07-01-2010, 02:20 PM

Yes I am a first time poster. Let's get that out of the way first. I was considering buying tires from onlinetires.com so I googled "onlintires.com reviews" and your site came up on the top. I read all the posts and truthfully I was a little hesitant to buy them. I needed an off size 205/45/16 for my son's car. I was trying to buy the same brand also.

I got a quote from Onlinetires and tried to get a price match but NO ONE would match the prices. No one. So I bit the bullet and ordered them online late Sunday night. That was 4 days ago. They arrived at my house today. Exactly what I ordered and a great deal. I never spoke to anyone there (no need to). Needless to say I am happy with the tires and thrilled about the price.
Old 10-22-2010, 04:13 PM

I have had a really horrible time dealing with onlinetires.com. They're prices are pretty good, but their turnaround time is horrible compared to other retailers. I've ordered tires 3 times from them and every time they've either not had the tire or taken 5-7 days to get the tire in stock. One of the times I cancelled my order due to the tire not being available and was charged twice by them. Had to file a dispute with my credit card company to receive a refund.

Maybe some have had good luck with them, but I cant share the same experience. They seem like good people, as I have been to their warehouse and spoken to sales reps, but they dont seem to be organized well. Just my .02.
Old 10-24-2010, 03:58 PM

i considered onlinetires.com except the fact that the shipping quote to arizona from california is $298?!?!? how does that work?!?!? you guys said in previous posts it was like $30-$40 a tire? at the most it should be $160. Are they just marking up the shipping 100% or what?

I was just gonna have discount tire match their price, and they said they would if the tire+shipping was less. But it is definitely not with 300 dollar shipping. BS!!

Last edited by downpour11; 10-24-2010 at 04:01 PM.
Old 10-31-2010, 12:24 PM

I've used onlinetires.com and have referred others there as well. They are super cheap and we can go and pick them up and save the shipping cost. They are hard to get ahold of on the phone and not very helpful when you are there picking up the tires, but for the savings, I am willing to put up with it.

If you want a hassel-free experience, TireRack or Discount Tires Direct are the way to go, but you will pay more for it.