All Other Toyota Swaps I4, I6, Lexus V8

1UZ-FE into 1988 4runner 3.0 3vze

Search this Thread

Old 08-31-2010, 07:53 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by awareness
How come it has 2wd style signal lights on the front?
The fenders, grille, bumper and signal lights are all 2wd stuff.
Old 08-31-2010, 08:51 AM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts

Yea i didnt even know that .. really didnt look to close at it when i bought it , just drove it around put in in 4x4 and bought it .

but looking at it again , the drivers side still has the 4x4 fender and corner light .
looks like it was wrecked somewhere near the passanger side ..
but really not that bad, at least not that bad to me

other things wrong with it
clusters not working
inside drivers door handles spring not working
something wierd going on with all the lights , might be because someone tried to steal the radio and made a big mess of it .
cracked radio surround
needs alignment..Bad
driverside of seat torn

but this truck hauls butt, never driven a 3.0 with headers and a good exhaust and man what a difefrence..

may just sell it as is , my neighbor wants it .

i want to keep it and tear it up with out worries , but my wifes giving me lip .. so im gonna have to sell it .
Old 09-06-2010, 10:19 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Wow that 1UZ is one tight fit. But it fits!! Yea just sell the white Toyota, maybe make a hundred bucks and be done with it. That's a whole lotta fixin that needs to be done to that thing! I would concentrate on enjoying yours instead.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:04 PM

Hey RMA how's that truck running? Man I tell you what after an aggravating day or work there's nothing better then grabbing my truck keys and driving off in the old 1UZ Taco I tell ya.

Is your IACV still acting up? That stepper motor is a pain to wire up. You just have to keep trying your educated guess at the correct way to connect it. It will work perfectly when you find the right combo. I actually had an extra laying around and when I put the 2nd one on my engine it worked MUCH better and fixed all my problems. They do wear out.
Old 09-15-2010, 09:57 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Smitherz
Wow that 1UZ is one tight fit. But it fits!! Yea just sell the white Toyota, maybe make a hundred bucks and be done with it. That's a whole lotta fixin that needs to be done to that thing! I would concentrate on enjoying yours instead.
yea its alittle tight .

and all those things wrong with the truck are just minor things .. all i need is the cluster and alignment and shes going up for sale here locally.

Hey RMA how's that truck running? Man I tell you what after an aggravating day or work there's nothing better then grabbing my truck keys and driving off in the old 1UZ Taco I tell ya.

Is your IACV still acting up? That stepper motor is a pain to wire up. You just have to keep trying your educated guess at the correct way to connect it. It will work perfectly when you find the right combo. I actually had an extra laying around and when I put the 2nd one on my engine it worked MUCH better and fixed all my problems. They do wear out.

shes doing fine , since the last tps adjustment shes fine .

those isc motors ... the 4 ground terminals need to receive ground in a certain order or they will not work. when i was testing them i couldnt get them to open or close at all .. i have 6 isc motors and i couldnt believe none of them worked .. so i had to pull out the manual and was surprised to find this out. after the manual i was able to get them to work all of them .

Name:  iscinspection.jpg
Views: 463
Size:  92.7 KB
Old 09-16-2010, 06:24 AM

Received 101 Likes on 79 Posts
Originally Posted by RMA

Yea i didnt even know that .. really didnt look to close at it when i bought it , just drove it around put in in 4x4 and bought it .

but looking at it again , the drivers side still has the 4x4 fender and corner light .
looks like it was wrecked somewhere near the passanger side ..
but really not that bad, at least not that bad to me

other things wrong with it
clusters not working
inside drivers door handles spring not working
something wierd going on with all the lights , might be because someone tried to steal the radio and made a big mess of it .
cracked radio surround
needs alignment..Bad
driverside of seat torn

but this truck hauls butt, never driven a 3.0 with headers and a good exhaust and man what a difefrence..

may just sell it as is , my neighbor wants it .

i want to keep it and tear it up with out worries , but my wifes giving me lip .. so im gonna have to sell it .
lol robert, could've just asked to drive my 4runner no one realizes but headers truely open up a 3.0. with 4.88s my truck will haul butt!

how much did you pick up the single cab for?
Old 10-05-2010, 12:14 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by MaK92-4RnR
lol robert, could've just asked to drive my 4runner no one realizes but headers truely open up a 3.0. with 4.88s my truck will haul butt!

how much did you pick up the single cab for?
hey man sorry for the super late reply .. i paid $550 for it .
ive tried to smog it twice already but failed both times with high nox ..

found the vsv for the egr was bad replaced it and still failed .. next is the cat it has high flow and think thats the problem , well hope thats the problem ..
shes going up for sale here soon .locally.
Old 10-05-2010, 01:57 PM

4.88 equall fast till 65 .. i have 4.56's and i am still at 2700rpms at 75ish miles per hour.. on 33's
but mine is a dd, so it sees speeds over 55 all day long. i drove a v6 5spd with cams and headers, i was suprised but that was compaired to my v6 auto runner..
Old 10-05-2010, 02:05 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

i have a set of 4:56 thirds that im wanting to put in my truck .. just havent got the time , or when i do i feel lazy. switching the true trac and the lockright also
Old 11-02-2010, 06:00 PM

anything new?

nice build btw
Old 11-03-2010, 07:52 AM
RMA
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by BigSwole
anything new?

nice build btw
not really .. alls good shes running great .. just changed the oil couple days ago , put the hard top back on .. now just waiting on the adapter from inchworm so we can finish my friends swap. Thanks !
Old 11-08-2010, 08:53 AM

You should top off this 4Runner build with an action shot of some mud slingin or tree/rock crawlin.
Old 11-08-2010, 04:12 PM

or some vids of you killin toca's...
Old 12-15-2010, 06:17 PM

love the build. ive just got done reading the whole thing, defentlly the most detailed 1uz-fe swap ive found on the net.
you dont happen to have a break down of the parts needed to complete the swap? from doner parts, to parts needed to fab.

Old 12-17-2010, 07:10 AM
RMA
Contributing Member

You should top off this 4Runner build with an action shot of some mud slingin or tree/rock crawlin.
Originally Posted by birdduck
or some vids of you killin toca's...
ill get some videos later ..
Old 12-17-2010, 07:12 AM
RMA
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by blingg23
love the build. ive just got done reading the whole thing, defentlly the most detailed 1uz-fe swap ive found on the net.
you dont happen to have a break down of the parts needed to complete the swap? from doner parts, to parts needed to fab.

thanks man .. the list is posted in my first post of this thread .

and ill take a look at it and see if i missed anything.
Old 02-26-2011, 01:00 AM

great thread, sweet truck!
I have a 1uz in my garage waiting to go in my 87 runner-- very inspiring read, thanks. I'll be using all your great info. at some point
Old 02-27-2011, 09:26 AM
RMA
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by zidaro
great thread, sweet truck!
I have a 1uz in my garage waiting to go in my 87 runner-- very inspiring read, thanks. I'll be using all your great info. at some point
Thanks man and good luck on yours, dont forget to take pics and upload them .. i see lots people doing engine swaps but no pics or info .. what to do or what not to do etc..
Old 04-11-2011, 12:37 PM

I want to see a burnout donut video like Yota 3.0 did! HAHA Good work
Old 04-13-2011, 09:51 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Dras16
I want to see a burnout donut video like Yota 3.0 did! HAHA Good work
it will have to be in the dirt man .. she wont burn out on the pavement unless its wet or i put some crisco on the tires .. i have the auto man along with the rear disk brakes . i cant even do one of those step on the brakes and burnout deals ..the rear brakes really good .

Quick Reply: 1UZ-FE into 1988 4runner 3.0 3vze