Engine Swaps Swapping an engine in your Toy, here is where to learn how

82 toyota turning into 82 chevota

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2011, 08:22 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Bojangles
Looking great!
Make sure when you drop that 305 in you post some videos
Will do but I did get a good deal on a 350 from tyrial so it will be that going in and looking like that 305 will be hauled off as scrap! Really hoping to get some work done soon but I have a real job that gets in the way lol!
Old 05-10-2011, 01:40 PM

im planning this swap for my yota in the future. looking good i have always loved the first gens
Old 05-11-2011, 01:18 PM

i have an 83 toy. installed a chevy305 with an nv4500 tranny and a dana 300. the problem i'm having is hooking up the clutch from the toy master cylinder to the chevy slave cylinder.do i have to change the master cylinder out to a chevy or is ther an other way?
Old 05-15-2011, 08:17 PM

Originally Posted by glblueaspen
i have an 83 toy. installed a chevy305 with an nv4500 tranny and a dana 300. the problem i'm having is hooking up the clutch from the toy master cylinder to the chevy slave cylinder.do i have to change the master cylinder out to a chevy or is ther an other way?
First!!!!! I am pretty sure your going to have to change to a Chevy master or customize the tubing/hosing your choice!

Second!!!! I answered because i don't want to be a total dick but you shouldn't go onto someones build/swap thread and post questions about your job start your own thread and you'll get many more answers and you wont be using improper forum etiquette!!!!
Old 05-17-2011, 06:49 PM

Well picked up the 350 from tyerial today can't wait to get started putting stuff together pics to come hopefully tomorrow!
Old 05-19-2011, 02:51 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Wooo hooo that sounds like a plan man. I was going to say after you left yesterday the exploder had a saggy ass after that 350 was loaded lol I'm glad you got it home in one piece. Looking forward to the picks though. Hows about a little wager? The wager being...... who's ever chevota runs first gets a ....... err I dunno $1000 (from all the donations from yotatech. Lol now I just need to get people to pay. (ha ha ha I'm just playin) but seriously I'll get you a case a beer if its running in your truck first and possibly help you drink it ha ha
Old 05-19-2011, 04:31 AM

In and running or driving? Lol!! We both know with my schedule there's no way ill be done first hell I don't have a day off til next Friday!! But I'm always up for drinking some beer!!!
Old 05-19-2011, 11:21 AM

Yea true true damn responsibilities always getting in the way.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:09 PM

Ok so i had a day off and decided that being the first NICE day off in quite some time i would go golfing so no work on the truck!!! BUT i did get some stickers made that i am quite anxious to put on, thought id share them!!!!

The Next sticker im going to get made if i like the way these stick and look is a big CHEVOTA across the top of the windsheild.
Old 05-28-2011, 10:03 PM

Nice stickers.
Old 05-29-2011, 01:01 AM

i Love the font
Old 06-29-2011, 09:27 PM

Ok so i got a little done. i cut the floor to fit the new trans, bolted the trans and engine together to put in for the first stage of mock up. I got a little carried away and didn't take any "during" pics but here is what its looking like so far after i have it SOMEWHAT in place.

and that is that THUS FAR!!!
Old 06-29-2011, 10:40 PM

Damn! So far your winning this battle
Old 06-30-2011, 08:37 PM

Got a little more work done today. Mounted the passenger seat!!! lol just a couple of holes drilled and bolted it down easy as pie!!! Started taking some leftover junk out of the engine compartment. And started looking at a Mount for the trans. Turns out that my crossmember for the toyota trans lined up almost perfect for the SM465 as well so that made things alot easier.. just have to come up with the actual mount. Looking around cause im cheap and didn't want to buy anything i found the engine mounts for the 22r still in good shape. SO I started measuring and found that i could cut an inch off one side of each and weld them together and bore out the mounting holes a TINY bit and BAM i now have a mount. The mount will bolt to the bottom of the trans and the studs built into the mount will go through the crossmember and with a nut on the other end trans mounted. So looking at the crossmember i am going to weld a peice of 16 gauge sheet metal to the top to cover all existing holes and drill some new ones for the new mount and it will be done.
I got alot done but not finished but here are the pics of what i have so far. OH ya and a pic of the inside with shifters kinda in place. And one more thing i took the doors off cause im lazy and that was easier than continuing to open and close and walk around them!!! but now that they are off im seriously thinking they might not go back on!!! LOVE THESE 1st Gens they look awesome without doors so im probably going to go with some tube doors.

Here is the front of the seat mounted!!! NBD!!

Interior with shifters SOMEWHAT in place.

Truck without doors!!! BAD ASS!!!

Trans roughly where it will sit and showing the crossmember below PERFECT!!!

I had already cut the mounts before i thought about pictures but youll get the idea!!!

this is the existing crossmember with the holes that im covering and this is as far as i got tonight!!

Old 06-30-2011, 08:50 PM

Looks bad ass your still winning LAME for me lol
Old 07-03-2011, 09:02 AM

Trans mount finished and installed.... here is a few more pics.

firewall is still going to need a few "LOVE TAPS" to clear the distributor, unless i move the trans and engine forward but i think the firewall will be easier.

and a pic of the bottom side of the trans mount!!!

Old 07-03-2011, 01:22 PM

I have an 82 with no motor. My dad wont let me buy the 305 i found on Craigslist because he says you cant just drop it in. What does it need to make it fit??
Old 07-05-2011, 12:40 PM

Looking great man looking great so I take that you don't want that x member I built lol
Old 07-11-2011, 08:09 AM

Originally Posted by Tyerial
Looking great man looking great so I take that you don't want that x member I built lol
Not sure yet don't get rid of it I still have to put the transfer case on and check clearances
Old 07-11-2011, 10:32 AM

Ha ha ok man ill keep it

Quick Reply: 82 toyota turning into 82 chevota