Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings
View Poll Results: Possible Dates for Whipper Snapper Meltdown?
August 18, 19, 20th
52.94%
August 21,22 & 23rd
0%
I don't care, just get me there, I need a rock fix
47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Whipper Snapper Summer Meltdown 4Runner Jam

Search this Thread

Old 07-27-2006, 10:08 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by dragr1
I will not be at Tellico
Sorry to hear that Brett, we'll take lots of pics for you.
Old 07-28-2006, 02:41 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I definitely will be taking pics.. got an slr and i might bring laptop too.

Im not sure how the sleeping area is setup but I might be taking a second.. my gf.. shes never been with me doing offroading but I offered it to her.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:28 PM
Contributing Member

OK you brought it up "first" what kinda faces do you guys start making when a newby shows up with say a wife or a kid in tow.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:32 PM
Contributing Member

Anybody that is interested in our passion for 4wheeling is cool in my book. I never used to go on runs more than maybe once a year back when I was married. So if a gf or wife is cool with it, I say more power to ya'.
Old 07-28-2006, 03:37 PM
Banned

the more the marrier and the more we can have fun at night with BBQ and what not. or going out to eat and whatever else.

I want to bring her but I havent heard from her yet about the idea
Old 07-28-2006, 03:45 PM
Contributing Member

Well everybody keep their fingers crossed for me. I shipped my drive-shaft out to High Angle Driveline in Paradise CA this morning. I hope that leaves enough time to get it done & shipped back in time.
Old 07-28-2006, 09:59 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 1985 4Runner
Well everybody keep their fingers crossed for me. I shipped my drive-shaft out to High Angle Driveline in Paradise CA this morning. I hope that leaves enough time to get it done & shipped back in time.
Phew I'll send a few good wishes and some spare karma your way. Good luck, I really want to see you back there with us.

Ok well it's looking more like we'll have a good trun out so I'm not too worried about getting stuck with the cabin bill. As for newbies with wives and g/f's bring it on, I just love being out on the trails w/ anyone that enjoys and respects nature and can have FUN.

Bring whatcha got, and I'll do my best to make sure you don't break it.....to bad Then when you do you can ride with me and we'll all help fix your toy later.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:05 PM
Contributing Member

One thing I do suggest is anyone with a brush gaurd, take it off and leave it at home, those things we'll be trashed in Tellico, especially now and they will only cause more damage after they're bent to hell. And of course I highly suggest sliders, it is your own truck though so I'm not gonna make a requirement of it. If you come down hard w/o sliders just bank on not opening that door, and a steep repair bill.
Old 07-28-2006, 10:16 PM
Contributing Member

Depending on how busy Jess at H.A.D. is I should be ok. He should recieve it the 4th of Aug. & I will let him know about the run schedule. I replaced my starter, 30 splines are installed & spare steering parts on the way as well. I am so excited to get back up there.
Old 07-29-2006, 05:03 AM
Banned

yeah Im takin my brushguard off and installing a TJM 15 so no worries.. sliders will be one. locker and lift as well

im goin all out
Old 07-29-2006, 05:28 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by crackerjack
OK you brought it up "first" what kinda faces do you guys start making when a newby shows up with say a wife or a kid in tow.
We have had lots of wives, girlfriends and friends show up for rides...not too many kids, but I don't think it will be an issue. My two boys, 4 and 5 will start going soon and if folks don't like it I'll just park on their hood.

I assume Scott you have already fully paid for the cabin since it is less than a month until you guys go? You'll love the cabin.

Old 07-29-2006, 06:10 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Stump1883
Classes will have started by that time so I'll already be skipping out on Friday just to leave early. I'll get there ASAP on Friday so I can hopefully wheel Friday evening/night and then all day Saturday, that'll be more than enough for me. Have you ever been to Tellico before?

Hlpressley is your Runner locked in the rear?
Nevermind on the open rear. I ordered a locker yesterday and it will be in next week. I WILL be locked at Tellico. Woo Hoo
Old 07-29-2006, 06:44 AM
Contributing Member

YEah Wabbit I booked it awhile back, the charge has already hit my card AND I'll be paying it off before the trip. So now it looks like I'll be able to break even with as many people saying their coming. Hopefully it doesn't end up like our usual trips where more than half bails a week before we leave.

Good glad to hear everyone is making preparations for the trip and is aware of precautions. It's really not that bad of a place if your just willing to listen and trust your spotters. I'm sure we'll all have a good time, now I just need to find a co-pilot, my girl ended up having to work and so did my boy with his tow rig Titan.

Last edited by Stump1883; 07-29-2006 at 06:45 AM.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:05 AM
Contributing Member

I'm just askin these questions early on...I'm a boyscout and want to be prepared. Take off brushguards tryin to figure what kinda situation will damage mine and not get into grill? I guess mine are more lightbar but certainly don't want lights busted either:cry:
Old 07-29-2006, 07:19 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by crackerjack
I'm just askin these questions early on...I'm a boyscout and want to be prepared. Take off brushguards tryin to figure what kinda situation will damage mine and not get into grill? I guess mine are more lightbar but certainly don't want lights busted either:cry:
I'm an Eagle Scout too, so I know what your talking about, hints why I'm trying to help everyone prepare and I always have more tools and little parts than I would usually need, when I'm with groups. As long as your brushgaurd/light bar isn't mounted low to your frame you should be ok. It's the fancy ones that go under the bumper and hook back up the the frame that cause problems. Anyone with questions lets get um out in the open and talked aobut before we get that, I plan to hit the trails the minute I drop my bags off at the cabin.
Old 07-29-2006, 07:20 AM
Banned

My school starts the 17th.. I prob cant skip out on classes friday but my last class I sure as hell can leave early from. reason is that if I skip these classes being the first day.. they are dropped.. but it only takes me prob a good 3.5 hours to get to Boone.
I assume murphy isnt too far away.?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:01 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit
We have had lots of wives, girlfriends and friends show up for rides...not too many kids, but I don't think it will be an issue. My two boys, 4 and 5 will start going soon and if folks don't like it I'll just park on their hood.

You're going to need bigger tires.... (you sold those 37s yet?)

Who doesn't like wittle Wabbits?
Old 07-29-2006, 11:20 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Nah, it would crawl on the hood now...and get the dent across.

Everyone wants me to give them the 37s...imagine that?

Gotta go R/R the bearings and non reusable parts on the 87 front end...got a bad wheel bearing.

And had to replace the battery on the wife's Sienna today too.

Carry on.

Old 07-29-2006, 12:27 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by waskillywabbit

Carry on.

Oh we will thanks for stopping by old man, still wish you were coming along.

Originally Posted by neliconcept
My school starts the 17th.. I prob cant skip out on classes friday but my last class I sure as hell can leave early from. reason is that if I skip these classes being the first day.. they are dropped.. but it only takes me prob a good 3.5 hours to get to Boone.
I assume murphy isnt too far away.?
You'll actually be in much better shape, Murphy is down in the far left hand corner of NC, not as much of a straight shot as Boone might be but alot less distance wise. Just look up Tellico Cabins, or Crawfords Campground and use that address to get a good idea.
Old 07-29-2006, 02:40 PM
Banned

is it here highlands? if so its prob around an hour to hour and a half. I live in upstate corner of SC

yes I think Im closer then most.. highlands is 1 hour plus 5 minutes or so.. murphy should be an extra 40 or so minutes.

wont be a prob for me after school. I have a graphic design class from 12-1:50 and I can get out of that prob around like 12:50.. id be up there by 3 or 4 or so.

Last edited by neliconcept; 07-29-2006 at 02:52 PM.

Quick Reply: Whipper Snapper Summer Meltdown 4Runner Jam