Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings
View Poll Results: Possible Dates for Whipper Snapper Meltdown?
August 18, 19, 20th
52.94%
August 21,22 & 23rd
0%
I don't care, just get me there, I need a rock fix
47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Whipper Snapper Summer Meltdown 4Runner Jam

Search this Thread

Old 08-16-2006, 06:45 PM
Banned

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Supra 4x4
I wish I was going with ya'll but I can't. I will be at River Rock though. I have been following the thread and thought I would make a suggestion for neliconcept (two wheel drive locked), let him ride with someone the first trip out and see what he would be putting his truck through and then the next day he could go if he felt comfortable. Just a ,hopfully, helpful suggestion. Ya'll have fun it's just a few more days.
thanks man I think I'll do that.. plus I dont want to slow anyone down. I wish I had a winch so I could get myself out of crap

I'll be at River Rock.. most likely spectating that one but I'll be there probablly
Old 08-16-2006, 06:46 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by 1985 4Runner
Don't count me out just yet...

I am working on a tow rig as we speak. Got to break in the new paint job on some rocks...

dude I hope you go man Im countin on it. My brothers 78 chevy could easily get your ass up here but it aint the most reliable truck
Old 08-16-2006, 07:31 PM
Contributing Member

Don't count me out just yet...

I am working on a tow rig as we speak. Got to break in the new paint job on some rocks...

WHAAAAt, Ryker your trickster, your turning out to be liek Brian, making changes and doing mods w/o telling anyone. That is one sweet paint job bro, it looks like a Krylon special? If so that is the way to go, but now you gotta work on a whole new sticker clooection to get your HP back up.

I sure hope you can make it happen dude, looking forward to spending some more time on the trails with ya.

neliconcept if your there around 3 or so when Greg, Rob and I plan to head head out for Slickrock, then your more than welcome to ride along with my dad and I, you can get a feel for what you'd be looking at for Saturday. I'm almost sure we can get you up to Fain's Ford, but getting out of it and to the other side could get tricky, I'm not too worried about slowing my group up, it's jsut the other people on the trail I'd worry about.
Old 08-16-2006, 07:54 PM
Contributing Member

Hey Scott what is the plan for meals? My group was thinking of doing some grilling Frday and Saturday night. The cabin website says they have a grill. What are our options? You know a fat boy gotta eat!
Old 08-16-2006, 07:57 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Scott I might have a buddy come with me. If he comes we'll prob leave late Saturday.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:23 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well, I'm very hesitant to bring my 4runner now, my brakes are pretty much shot, and I don't have time to change them. I might take the FJ80 or my Ranger. I'm not 100% on what I'm gonna do. I kinda think I might just come down saturday morning or friday night, late.

Ryker, If you have a trailer, I think the FJ could tow you, it would be out of the way for me, but that's nothing some gas/beer couldn't fix. Just a thought...I'm really not locked into any one thing.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:28 PM
Contributing Member

Good lord, you'd be going WAY out of your way from TN to SC & back to NC then back to SC... If I can't get a tow rig I'm going to borrow my brother's car & come up anyway just to ride with someone.
Old 08-16-2006, 10:37 PM
Contributing Member

Good lord, you'd be going WAY out of your way from TN to SC & back to NC then back to SC... If I can't get a tow rig I'm going to borrow my brother's car & come up anyway just to ride with someone.
yea, I've been wanting to go somewhere far for a while though....I like traveling solo.
Old 08-17-2006, 02:35 AM
Banned

my gas station was out of heinekin.. im bringing 12 long necks of miller. I might go get another pack to bring just in case
Old 08-17-2006, 03:17 AM
Contributing Member

Here is the infamous shuffel that I expected, just when I think I have it all figured out, everyone is stuck in some situation and or plans on leaving early/arriving late, ect. It never fails, LOL.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:06 AM
Contributing Member

Everyone in my group is still coming. We will have six people counting myself in three trucks.
Old 08-17-2006, 04:39 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by hlpressley
Everyone in my group is still coming. We will have six people counting myself in three trucks.
I hate you, lol. Harold is Travis coming?

You asked about food ideas, we can do whatever we want, we have full kitchens, but I like the idea of cooking out, we could do Friday night at your cabin and Saturday at mine, that way we could all be together for those meals. It'll just be bring your own meat/beer/ junk food and we'll all grill out together. Dinner is usually late, no one wants to leave the trials ealy. Breakfast is always just a thorw together thing for me, some instant oatmeal or some PB toats, I rather get up early and hit the trails before the crowd does. Lucnh will just be whatever you can pack in a small cooler and eat on the trails, so pick your poison. We'll usually have lunch at Fain's Ford or at the top of Slickrock depending on traffic and everyone's scenary preference.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:04 AM
Contributing Member

That sounds great Scott we were planning on stopping to get some meat & beer etc. tomorrow AM. I have tried talking Travis (fellar) into coming with us but he said he can't this time and I understand with his situation being as it is with his leg. The group coming with me will consist of the following people and rigs.

Harold - my 4Runner
Matt - 04 DC Tacoma lifted w/285's, locked, and sliders
Derek - 02 Jeep TJ w/35's and sliders (open diffs)
Donnie - passenger riding with me
Mike - passenger riding with Matt
Drew - passenger riding with Derek

BTW. I had to get me some of those tire deflators. Those things work great. I should have mine today.

Last edited by hlpressley; 08-17-2006 at 05:09 AM.
Old 08-17-2006, 05:36 AM
Banned

im pissed beyond belief. not about the trip.. but Somehow one of the aholes of a teacher decided to mock up my schedule without emailing me about it... im about to shoot flames out my ass at them in a bit
Old 08-17-2006, 06:40 AM

Talking

Originally Posted by Stump1883
Here is the infamous shuffel that I expected, just when I think I have it all figured out, everyone is stuck in some situation and or plans on leaving early/arriving late, ect. It never fails, LOL.
Oh your killing me. :complain:----. Just messin round - is it Friday yet.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:18 AM

Does anyone know if there are grills at the cabins?
Old 08-17-2006, 09:28 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yotaman
Does anyone know if there are grills at the cabins?
Yes there is grills at both cabins but I am not sure if they are gas or charcoal.
Old 08-17-2006, 09:41 AM
Banned

Received 20 Likes on 9 Posts
Lock Em' Inn has a big charcoal grill, so I imagine the others do as well.

Old 08-17-2006, 11:47 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by hlpressley
Yes there is grills at both cabins but I am not sure if they are gas or charcoal.

Correct me if I'm wrong Wabbit, but I think they are charcoal. So we'll need a couple bags of that, I've got some lighter fluid, so we can get the cheep stuff if need be. The pre-lit crap flares up a whole lot anyways. I'm picking up the essentials today now that classes are done, and praying to god my skid plates hold, Bud wasn't able to get me the bracket in time.

Harold I think we're gonna have to pin a Toyota symbol or name plate on the Heep, just so he fits in, and maybe it'll prevent him from slowing us up when he breaks down. I hope he has a good sense of humor, he's gotta know he's gonna get FLAMMED.
Old 08-17-2006, 11:49 AM
Contributing Member

Everyone PM me your cell numbers if ya don't mind, that way once I hit the road I can keep in touch with everyone and pace the group progress, I'll shoot everyone my number back just in case there's anything yall need once I leave.

Quick Reply: Whipper Snapper Summer Meltdown 4Runner Jam