Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings
View Poll Results: Possible Dates for Whipper Snapper Meltdown?
August 18, 19, 20th
52.94%
August 21,22 & 23rd
0%
I don't care, just get me there, I need a rock fix
47.06%
Voters: 17. You may not vote on this poll

Whipper Snapper Summer Meltdown 4Runner Jam

Search this Thread

Old 08-14-2006, 07:42 PM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by corey95excab
dude i had to throw this out there for the people that know the joke.

That is classic!!!!! LMFAO Welcome to yotatech Corey!
Old 08-14-2006, 07:46 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by neliconcept
awesome Doc. Ive been thinking about buying an older boat to live on later.. but I heard sitting that sucker at portman is really expensive and right now I have enough bills to pay. That will be down the road when I get my job in the graphic design field.

yeah i plan on destroying something.. and yeah i bet money on half way im not coming with sliders on.. reason being I want to bolt them on because If i dont bolt on.. most likey its going to be hell to get them off if welded.

Why would you want to take them off?
Old 08-14-2006, 07:48 PM
Banned

in case i go into bankruptcy and have to sell the vehicle.. id rather weld but thats a possibility I have in the back of my head
Old 08-15-2006, 05:01 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by neliconcept
in case i go into bankruptcy and have to sell the vehicle.. id rather weld but thats a possibility I have in the back of my head
Weld them on ! If you have to sell - then sell it to a yota tech member -
who will appreciate what you have done. A 2001 would not be hard to sell on here.
Old 08-15-2006, 10:53 AM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Does anyone going have a winch?
Old 08-15-2006, 11:04 AM
Contributing Member

I have one but to bad I don't have anywhere to mount it yet. Rob has one though!
Old 08-15-2006, 12:56 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by yotaman
Does anyone going have a winch?
I have a winch - Warn 8274 that has a new motor and a new dedicated battery. The bad thing is that I only have 30's on and I am open front and rear with no sliders. I will not be on the hard core stuff - YET

I am coming just to play a little in the woods.
Old 08-15-2006, 01:39 PM
Banned

Originally Posted by hlpressley
I have one but to bad I don't have anywhere to mount it yet. Rob has one though!
bring it so i can mount on my bumper
Old 08-15-2006, 02:21 PM
Contributing Member

My son and I should roll in around 4pm Friday. I have a large panel van with a bed and I'll be trailering my 92 p/u. Just for the records Tellico is east of Sweetwater Tn. Tellico Plains right? I'll pull up a mapquest b4 I leave. PS it's been lightly raining probably just enough to settle the dust ROCK ON...and OVER then DO IT AGAIN. Do I need to bring some fire wood ?
Old 08-15-2006, 02:44 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by crackerjack
My son and I should roll in around 4pm Friday. I have a large panel van with a bed and I'll be trailering my 92 p/u. Just for the records Tellico is east of Sweetwater Tn. Tellico Plains right? I'll pull up a mapquest b4 I leave. PS it's been lightly raining probably just enough to settle the dust ROCK ON...and OVER then DO IT AGAIN. Do I need to bring some fire wood ?
Yes - East of Sweetwater, TN. 2 ways to go - Since you are trailering
I suggest getting on 68 and following it all the way to Hwy 74 to Murphy.
Once in Murphy hang a left at the McDonalds and go to the red light. Make a left and follow the road until you come to the blinking caution light. Make a right on Hanging Dog lane and keep coming. Are you camping or coming to the cabin ? Give me a call tomorrow at 865-659-7804 and I can help more.
Firewood is always good !!! The cabins are quite a ways from the campground.

You do not want to pull a trailer through Bald River Falls ! That is trail #1 through state line campground - rough as hell. I won't even pull my pop-up
camper that way. That number is my cell phone but there is not much reception once outside of Murphy.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:00 PM
Contributing Member

Good, glad to hear everyone is getting close to ready and excited.

Greg, Rob has a winch, I just couldn't drum up the funds in time. If your bringing the Runner now, then we're gonna have to re-think our stategy about Slickrock. I really want to make a run for it right after we get there, as to avoid the Sat. morning traffic and not cause a back up if we get there first and have problems. The last ledge is all I'm worried about, guess we'll have to figure it out when we get there.

Greg are you up for a Slickrock trip Friday afternoon? Then I'll be able to relax Saturday and lead everyone else if need be or head to the larger stuff.
Old 08-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Contributing Member

I am definitely ready for some Slickrock...got my bumper fixed so the gap from the 2" BL is gone...will have pics shortly
...can't wait to be in Tellico
Old 08-15-2006, 05:03 PM
Contributing Member

...can't wait to be in Tellico[/QUOTE]

X2 Is it Friday yet?
Old 08-15-2006, 05:20 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by hlpressley
...can't wait to be in Tellico

X2 Is it Friday yet?[/QUOTE]

Nope - only Tuesday. I'm glad it's Tuesday because with a much work to do as I've got left this week if this was Thursday - I could not go.

I'm leaving tommorrow late afternoon headed for Alabama, then back through Atlanta for a couple stops - east to 85 and up through Gainesville and home by Thursday night. Up Friday morning headed to Hiawassee, GA and then back to Murphy for the weekend. I lucked out that my last appointment is in Hiawasee and I can make Tellico with you guys.

I'm averaging around 800 - 1000 miles a week on my truck - I did 1900 miles 2 weeks ago. Lots of seat time - it pays well though.
Old 08-15-2006, 05:25 PM
Contributing Member

Scott,

Do you have a map to the cabin for the guy's that don't know where it is ?

I can't remember the name of the road that you turn off on to get to the cabins. Is it Tipton Creek ?
Old 08-15-2006, 05:36 PM
Contributing Member

Directions to the cabin from Murphy are here:

http://www.tellicocabinrentals.com/4...ons/Directions

You may have to copy and paste it into your browser.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:24 PM
Contributing Member

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Well Tyler is not going to make this trip. He is in spring JV football practice & can't miss Friday or he won't get to play. He is REALLY bummed out about this.
I am just about done. All my fluids changed, bolts tightened. Just need to load her up on the trailer & head out Friday morning about 3am. I am going to see if a buddy of mine here wants to ride shotgun & split the driving.
Old 08-15-2006, 06:40 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by 1985 4Runner
Well Tyler is not going to make this trip. He is in spring JV football practice & can't miss Friday or he won't get to play. He is REALLY bummed out about this.
I am just about done. All my fluids changed, bolts tightened. Just need to load her up on the trailer & head out Friday morning about 3am. I am going to see if a buddy of mine here wants to ride shotgun & split the driving.

Tell Tyler I said to savor every moment of his school career and football playing days as they will be gone really quick. I am kinda bummed myself about missing my first high school football game this Friday since I was seven years old Yes boys that is right i am a football nut especially high school. I am sure once I see a couple things at Tellico I will be able to forget about the game. I know we will have lots of fun!
Old 08-15-2006, 06:55 PM
Contributing Member

We sure will Harold, we'll help ya forget all about the game.

Doc thanks for finding that map for me, I had one sitting in front of me fromt he packet but that wasn't gonna help everyone. Thanks bud I owe ya a cold one.

Ryker tell Tyler their will be plenty of Tellico trips to make, but the high scholol games will never come around again, I still remember every game or wrestling match I missed, it always seemed to be I missed the best one too. :pat:
Old 08-15-2006, 07:11 PM

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Talking

Originally Posted by Stump1883
Good, glad to hear everyone is getting close to ready and excited.

Greg, Rob has a winch, I just couldn't drum up the funds in time. If your bringing the Runner now, then we're gonna have to re-think our stategy about Slickrock. I really want to make a run for it right after we get there, as to avoid the Sat. morning traffic and not cause a back up if we get there first and have problems. The last ledge is all I'm worried about, guess we'll have to figure it out when we get there.

Greg are you up for a Slickrock trip Friday afternoon? Then I'll be able to relax Saturday and lead everyone else if need be or head to the larger stuff.
Scott, Friday is fine for me. Looks like I'll be bring the 4Runner.

There's just to much stuff to do to make the 3 link work on the 92. I really don't want to ditch the 3 link but I'm really starting to consider just going old school leaf spring and Toyota axle. I've got a lot of research to do on link suspensions.

Quick Reply: Whipper Snapper Summer Meltdown 4Runner Jam