Off Road Trip Planning, Expeditions, Trips, & Events Discussion pertaining to scheduling trail runs and outings

Squaw Ridge/ Pardoe trail new date due to snow.

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2010, 01:54 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
I paid about $1000 for Macy...

Originally Posted by B4Runner
That's love man. It's amazing what people will do for their animals, my family included.
It really is B4. I saved my own cat from dieing about 3 years ago. he stopped eating all summer that year and it made him very weak and his system shut down so he became jaundiced and incredibly dehydrated. i paid almost 1000 dollars in credit to have him on an IV for 2 days, plus meds and special foods I had to get in order to syringe it down his throat. apparently when i picked him up at the vet and they were preparing him for his return home he hacked up a hair-tie he had swallowed. (silly cat) they think he was unable to eat because that hair-tie was lodged in there.
at any rate he was so badly weak and miserable he seemed to have lost his will to live or something because i had to syringe feed him for a whole month until he decided to eat the food i would offer to him of his own accord. he hated the syringe. (i even had to syringe WATER down his throat) AND he hated the towel i wrapped him in so he wouldn't be able to struggle away. also, a lot of times he would vomit up what i syringed in and so i would keep syringing it until he had eaten a sufficent amount. (i had to do this 3 TIMES A DAY!) so i think ultimately he gave in because he hated those things so much and he had to accept that i wasn't gonna let him die. he IS my baby after all. i got him for my 13th b-day.
SO anyways, now you'd never know he was sick. for me it was all WELL worth it. I believe NO AMOUNT of money can equal that of a life.

Last edited by MoonChild; 07-04-2010 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-04-2010, 02:09 PM

Originally Posted by chrismcdowell25
That's true you did. I just didn't think anyone would really want to do shots of scotch. Scotch isn't really something you play around with like that. I'll make sure to make it up this next time.
eh, to me alcahol is alcahol. yes some are stronger then others, but then no matter what i simply HATE the taste of alcahol. i've downed shots of some pretty strong stuff without chasers while other people have called me crazy to do so. when i'm playing that game i don't expect to enjoy the alcahol i'm drinking. i've decided i'm going to bring along the southern comfort on this trip simply to get rid of it, as it has been sitting on my counter for over 2 years now. (i can't even remember whose it was, but then everyone seems to leave their alcaholic beverages on my counter quite often) i might as well make use of it, eh? i'm sure few of us will enjoy that sh@t
Old 07-04-2010, 11:02 PM

Received 7 Likes on 4 Posts
Gremlin is a special cat. there is a reason our family animals live along time, life is priceless. My cat died in 2006, i had her sense i was 7 years of age. She died at 20 years old in shaggys arms, I never cried so hard before.
Old 07-07-2010, 08:44 PM

Well John could not help myself got the chair figured better get before there discontunied and cant wait to try it out. Also got me that 7 gallon water jug Chris has im coming prepared this time cause Keith had to help me out in Auburn by bringing me a couple of clamps to one of the heater hoses cause I sprung a leak good thing popped up on monday and not on the trip or get me stuck in stockton this weekend for my DG tourney.

On another note installed a new rad yesterday so rad I F-ED up is no longer an issue
Old 07-07-2010, 08:51 PM

Originally Posted by snowhite
Well John could not help myself got the chair figured better get before there discontunied and cant wait to try it out. Also got me that 7 gallon water jug Chris has im coming prepared this time cause Keith had to help me out in Auburn by bringing me a couple of clamps to one of the heater hoses cause I sprung a leak good thing popped up on monday and not on the trip or get me stuck in stockton this weekend for my DG tourney.

On another note installed a new rad yesterday so rad I F-ED up is no longer an issue
You got the water jugs I have? Where did you get them? How are the liners on the inside of yours?
Old 07-07-2010, 08:59 PM

Also for the fuel version of the can you can get them here...

http://armysurpluskelowna.com/fuel_cans.html

Don't get the spout cause it's a piece of junk. Shipping is also going to be the killer since it comes from canada.
Old 07-07-2010, 09:42 PM

Sorry Chris not those although I would like to get my hands on that as well! The blue jug you got from rei I ordered. For anybody else that wants to know http://www.rei.com/product/618168
Old 07-07-2010, 09:44 PM

Originally Posted by chrismcdowell25
Also for the fuel version of the can you can get them here...

http://armysurpluskelowna.com/fuel_cans.html

Don't get the spout cause it's a piece of junk. Shipping is also going to be the killer since it comes from canada.
So what spout you use for that can?
Old 07-08-2010, 01:54 AM

So what spout you use for that can?
hey snow I had those on the trip and I bought mine at walmart. could have saved some on shipping.

As for the cat, glad he is all fixed up. I have seen people spend that type of dough on horses and really expensive dogs but never a cat. you all know I am not a cat person anyways, although they always seem to like me. I also have issues with fixing broken legs on most animals as it seems in the long run they always end up suffering. depending on the break location it can impair them to the point that the animal is never the same physically or mentally. I do not so much look at it as ending a life but more stopping the suffering. Horses are the worst for this, you can have a horse that is 95% perfect, have ring bone in one leg and the horse is ruined. using butte (pain medication) will only help so much so the horse is in constant pain. far better to stop the pain that other wise.
Also know how that long cry goes after having to put down a loved pet. very hard even when you do not have to do it yourself.
Old 07-08-2010, 08:06 PM

Well I bought me 3 of these today.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_44066-51438-2921-002_0_?productId=3033542&Ntt=27%20Gallon%20Strong% 20Box%20Tote%20&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=27%20Gallon%20Strong%2 0Box%20Tote

fit perfect and well use of the room in back. So one is just going to be filled up with vehicle recovery, another with food and the other is still up in the air but I was going to get 4 till I realized that was over kill for my set up. 1 MORE WEEK!!!
Old 07-08-2010, 09:50 PM

Well I bought me 3 of these today.

http://www.lowes.com/pd_44066-51438-2921-002_0_?productId=3033542&Ntt=27%20Gallon%20Strong% 20Box%20Tote%20&Ntk=i_products&pl=1&currentURL=/pl__0__s?newSearch=true$Ntt=27%20Gallon%20Strong%2 0Box%20Tote

fit perfect and well use of the room in back. So one is just going to be filled up with vehicle recovery, another with food and the other is still up in the air but I was going to get 4 till I realized that was over kill for my set up. 1 MORE WEEK!!!
hahaha I have been looking at those for 6 months now. My dad bought a bunch when he was putting stuff in storage when he moved. They only fit 2 high in the runner as far as i can tell. I want one for food and one for cooking and utensils. Looking at some heavy canvas tool bags for recovery gear and tools. all in all it free's up a lot of space. When I go with the wife and kid I carry 14 gallons of water and fitting everything is a PITA even with the 48 gallon cargo box.

still on the fence about the trip. we are strugglin pretty bad and I have not heard if I am going to Elko Nv yet to put up wind mills. Might be able if I can get this subwoofer enclosure finished and installed this week. waiting on the guy to get the rest of the parts.
Old 07-10-2010, 10:48 AM

well only a week to go. ill see you all there saterday morning for those of you that make it.

If you need any more info. send me a PM
Old 07-11-2010, 02:54 PM

Received 19 Likes on 18 Posts
so what's the plan? meet up at silver lake on Sat. morning--around 9ish?
Old 07-12-2010, 10:15 PM

Originally Posted by highonpottery
so what's the plan? meet up at silver lake on Sat. morning--around 9ish?
here is the info. you need in the link
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/.../#post51474994

Last edited by dark_fairytales; 07-12-2010 at 10:17 PM.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:10 PM

Wow. A whole load of 1st gens, one pickup, and one 3rd gen. Its gonna be awesome see you all soon!
Old 07-14-2010, 09:32 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
ok so im almost ready, just need to install my new alternator and im ready ..

might have a friend with a landcruiser come also, not sure yet thought .

Hey so nearest gas station to the trail would be in jackson.
Old 07-14-2010, 09:36 PM
RMA
Contributing Member

Received 16 Likes on 16 Posts
i pmed chris .. see what time hes going maybe we can caravan up there ... id like to leave super early from here.
Old 07-15-2010, 09:22 AM

Originally Posted by RMA
ok so im almost ready, just need to install my new alternator and im ready ..

might have a friend with a landcruiser come also, not sure yet thought .

Hey so nearest gas station to the trail would be in jackson.
RMA if your friend has a fj55 or higher i would recomend not brining it. the trail gets vary narrow and at some points a large land cruiser just cant make it. To give an exsample i came inches from squeezing between trees and rock on my truck, almost hit my shell. My new shell will make it tougher this time. an older jeep looking landcruiser will be fine.

if you are headed to the trail from hwy 88, Jackson will be the last place you can get gas. if you take hwy 50 pollock pine is the last place for gas as well

Last edited by dark_fairytales; 07-15-2010 at 09:24 AM.
Old 07-15-2010, 03:25 PM

Originally Posted by dark_fairytales
well you already know my opinion on your bro's coming B4
What's that again Fairy?
Old 07-15-2010, 07:29 PM

Hey, does anyone by chance know if the gas station(s) in Jackson are open 24/7?

Quick Reply: Squaw Ridge/ Pardoe trail new date due to snow.