Featured Rigs Check here to see past rigs of the week

How do I get my rig to be the "Featured Rig"?

Search this Thread

Old 07-11-2006, 05:14 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Now that we have a new look and a new front end homepage, we've been asked this question frequently! We now have a mechanism in place to randomly select a user for this honor.

Three parameters are used to filter the selection process:
  • Must be a Contributing Member.
  • Must have posted within the last 30 days.
  • Must have a minimum of 300 posts.
As you can see, we are bestowing this honor on our active members!

If you are selected....

We will contact you via PM/EM to let you know you've won with a link to this post for the submission instructions. We ask that you reply immediately to let us know you've received the PM/EM and that you are either gathering the information or that you are declining to be featured.

If you are an active member, we'd hope that you have your own thread in the "Check Out My Truck" section already. We link to your thread from the module on the front homepage. This is not required, but is a great way for you to show off your truck all year long.

Here are the submission guidelines - you will be contacted by me first - do not send your info if not contacted by me...

(5) jpg images - resized to 448 x 336. These MUST be landscape (wide) 4:3 ratio (normal digicam shot in other words) Preferably files optimized for web use (ie. lower file sizes)

Submit your info in the following format - (submit via a "Notepad" .txt file please). There is some minor formatting I'd ask you to not delete - it is really easy to plug in your info and will help us keep on schedule if it is submitted this way. Download the notepad template attachment. Wherever you see "insert" that is where you need to plug your information in. I've highlighted the passages that need to be filled out. DO NOT delete parts that you don't fill in - it's too easy to remove the code. I'll tweak it.

Possibly in the future, we'll have a form to fill out online for the info, but the modification to the forum software that does that hasn't been updated to our new version yet.

Insert your username where appropriate on the template name and EM to me. When you are contacted, I will give you the email address to send the info.

Thanks for your help and congratulations!
Attached Files