Land Usage & Off Road Responsibility Discussion pertaining to the education of proper land usage, closures, and responsible off road driving

WHY are they doing this to me? NJ laws suck

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2007, 08:16 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
I see you live in District 6 for your state legislature. Your state assembly-man, Louis Greenwald, just received two letters from me, one pushing to open up your land, and the other pushing for MUCH stronger penalties for driving offroad illegally.

In addition, since he won't give a damn about what I say, I've notified a compatriot on Pirate, who, with any luck, will dig up some NJ members to hit em hard with. Likely it will be a blanket emailing, hitting all of your state assembly-men.

With luck, anyone stupid enough to wheel illegally will get crippling fines, and their vehicle impounded, and, your trails will open back up.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:22 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
and how do you stop that? your forgetting that everyone in NJ that wheels does infact do it illegally at some point... everyone

and sorry if im coming off like a jerk i dont mean to at all and i dont mean to offend anyone at all im just stating things as i see them and what i've been surrounded by

Last edited by Booosted Supra; 12-13-2007 at 08:24 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:27 AM
Contributing Member

I apppreciate your situation, but saying that everyone does it is not a solution. You stop it the same way you stop it out here. You make the fines outrageous. And, you get local clubs to volunteer time to clean up trails.

Hopefully things will change for you. I want to see all trails open everywhere. I may be a huge jerk, but at least I'm trying to keep our land in our hands, not the greenies.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:31 AM

cant NJ and just come back at major clubs and what not like persay theres a situation, where theres a club logo on a ticketed vehicle, cant they be held accountable? because people just hand out stickers around here for whatever reason and people run stickers on there trucks and for what we know are just typical web wheelers running around illegal lands. follow me? so i can see how clubs wouldnt want to be apart of that for the sake of that
Old 12-13-2007, 08:40 AM
Contributing Member

hopefully they would want to. They just would only give out sitckers to memebers and make sure that they knew to tread lightly.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:58 AM

dang libs at it again! do your research on candidates, get out and vote-spread the word.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:35 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
You DRIFT a Miata? Like seriously? or do you powerslide it around paring ltos with your buddies?
Cause miatas are desgined to STICK, not SLIDE. Ever wondered why you dont see miata's in D1? Why Un-engineer all the suspension work on that car to make it shift wieght and slide? Sell your truck, and buy an S13 240SX.
Old 12-13-2007, 09:54 AM

thats not true, there are a few miata's out there that drift, i wouldnt recomend it it but there out there. same way people do drift supra's but i dont recomend that because theres to many factors against them also
Old 12-13-2007, 05:25 PM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Urban wheeling? Chasing punk kids around a skateboard park would be worth the gas money.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:16 PM

Here's the thing with New Jersey. 10 years ago nobody cared about atv's and trucks because there were hardly any people in jersey. Because Jersey is in between Philadelphia and New York, the population from urban sprall (sp.) has skyrocketed.

Now all those people have now moved into places where wheeling and riding atv's were the norm. Developments have sprouted up around these areas and the new homeowners don't agree or understand why theres all these trucks and atv' riding around in "their area" and they want it stopped. Little did they know or care that where they live now was "our" property.

In New Jersey, he who has the money wins. Jersey is corrupt beyond repair. Taxpayers will always have the winning hand in this game. These taxpayers in "their area" will always win the battle over people who just want to enjoy what they liked doing for years FOR FREE. If what you're doing in new jersey is free, it's illegal and jersey will fine you for it now to get their share.

You will never understand how jersey works unless you lived here all your life and grew up here. 10 years ago jersey was a great place. You could go anywhere and not be bothered or be the topic of concern. We were "pineys" and were respected because we were the ones who cared for the pine barrens, Not the flashy inner city folk who have the money and wanted to get away from the city life that they destroyed and now they want to destroy "my land".

Write all the letters you want to Jersey and it won't do any good. In fact, you will make things worse. Leave it alone. Your letters will only be a sign of offence and will make it harder to enjoy what's left of the Pines.

I ride my Banshee and wheel my Yota in Jersey cause it's MY state. I was here first. Not some snot nosed city s#!t head who lives where i rode and thinks it's theirs. You can't and won't stop the Pineys, the real people who love the Pines.

Last edited by jusfloorit; 12-13-2007 at 08:19 PM.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:29 PM
CJM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
One of the tons of reasons I want out..

Visit me in Freehold we have a local wheeling area that the cops cant follow you in or out of. Not that they ever dare come by, last time I checked they didnt go there b.c a guy in a lifted chevy RAN the cop car over..

But really I ride my atv where I want and my truck where I want so long as I tread lightly..
Old 12-13-2007, 08:34 PM

Here's some quick facts...

New Jersey:
Population: 8.7 million
Area: 7417 sq. miles
That's 1,135 people per square mile.

Colorado:
Population: 4.5 million
Area: 103,718 sq. miles
That's 42 people per square mile.

You have no idea how hard it is to wheel here.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:37 PM

haha damn dude, i knew were were crammed but wow. ive been here all my life also. thats why i was saying in much earlier posts there nothing to really do about it but wheel at your own risk or sell out and sell the rig, the end. seriously

Here's the thing with New Jersey. 10 years ago nobody cared about atv's and trucks because there were hardly any people in jersey. Because Jersey is in between Philadelphia and New York, the population from urban sprall (sp.) has skyrocketed.

Now all those people have now moved into places where wheeling and riding atv's were the norm. Developments have sprouted up around these areas and the new homeowners don't agree or understand why theres all these trucks and atv' riding around in "their area" and they want it stopped. Little did they know or care that where they live now was "our" property.

In New Jersey, he who has the money wins. Jersey is corrupt beyond repair. Taxpayers will always have the winning hand in this game. These taxpayers in "their area" will always win the battle over people who just want to enjoy what they liked doing for years FOR FREE. If what you're doing in new jersey is free, it's illegal and jersey will fine you for it now to get their share.

You will never understand how jersey works unless you lived here all your life and grew up here. 10 years ago jersey was a great place. You could go anywhere and not be bothered or be the topic of concern. We were "pineys" and were respected because we were the ones who cared for the pine barrens, Not the flashy inner city folk who have the money and wanted to get away from the city life that they destroyed and now they want to destroy "my land".

Write all the letters you want to Jersey and it won't do any good. In fact, you will make things worse. Leave it alone. Your letters will only be a sign of offence and will make it harder to enjoy what's left of the Pines.

I ride my Banshee and wheel my Yota in Jersey cause it's MY state. I was here first. Not some snot nosed city head who lives where i rode and thinks it's theirs. You can't and won't stop the Pineys, the real people who love the Pines.
CJM

Originally Posted by jusfloorit

I ride my Banshee and wheel my Yota in Jersey cause it's MY state. I was here first. Not some snot nosed city s#!t head who lives where i rode and thinks it's theirs. You can't and won't stop the Pineys, the real people who love the Pines.
This man speaks the truth!!!!! Everywhere has been moved into by guidos from NYC-trust me I live in the land of them. Not knocking them to much, but not only are they the most obnoxious people I ever met, but they also feel they should be able to do whatever and you should stick it where the sun dont shine.'

Wanna know what, besides the pine barrens we aint got jack anymore. I used to go anywhere I wanted with buddies and stuff and now its all being built up. in my area alone they massively built so much they had to expand every school in the area, every HS and increase the roads width to two lanes. Traffic is horrible, 10 years ago here it wasnt bad, now its insane.

If you guys wanna go wheeling, gimme a pm and I can hook you up on LEGAL land!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:42 PM

Sorry about the post repeat, I got all mixed up on my computer. CJM, and Boosted, i'm with you guys all the way. Jersey sucks now but I still love the place.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:45 PM
CJM

https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/nj-people-132277/ check this out..

Tacoma I only live an hour north of you, we should meet up dude and anyone else. If not wheeling at least a meet and greet and all where we can discuss trail runs and stuff.

C'mon guys!
Old 12-13-2007, 08:46 PM

yeah i really cant bring myself to leave thats the sad part
Old 12-13-2007, 08:47 PM

Originally Posted by CJM
https://www.yotatech.com/forums/f15/nj-people-132277/ check this out..

Tacoma I only live an hour north of you, we should meet up dude and anyone else. If not wheeling at least a meet and greet and all where we can discuss trail runs and stuff.

C'mon guys!
im more than down, im over in haddonfield/cherry hill, i usually dont wheel in the winter, and im getting ready to stack another 2 inches on my runner and getting it ready for spring, but im down for a meet
Old 12-13-2007, 08:49 PM

Dude, i'm down to meet up. Waiting for my friends 86 on 35's to come out of the trans. shop. I'll send out the PM's as soon as he gets his truck back. I still have some sweet places to wheel too.

Quick Reply: WHY are they doing this to me? NJ laws suck