Land Usage & Off Road Responsibility Discussion pertaining to the education of proper land usage, closures, and responsible off road driving

WHY are they doing this to me? NJ laws suck

Search this Thread

Old 12-12-2007, 09:58 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Justinvd
You take a ferry at horshoe bay and go up the through seashelt and then another ferry to powell river. If you didn't have to take a ferry and could drive it would only be like 2 hours away. If you ever get the chance to come up here do it. There are enough trails to to keep you busy for the rest of your life. There is a guy in town that builds trails, thats all he does, he is a legend here. Oh and sorry about the thread jack, i feel sorry for you and your rig, i would go insane, i crave 4x4ing, every day of the week, thats why i go out at night after work in the dark and bad things happen like when i crash and roll my truck.

Whatever you do, dont sell your truck man, i wanted to sell my runner a while back and i could have gotten more than i wanted for it but after all the work and time i have spent it was impossible. Keep it and just wait untill you move to another state

Thats not too far, farthest I usually go up north is whistler though Have been up to prince george though. Might have to make my way up there somtime in the future

*thread jack over!!*
Old 12-12-2007, 09:58 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Well if your going to school and you truck is your DD doesn't look like you have much choice. Sorry to hear that
Old 12-12-2007, 09:59 PM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by Tacoma750
^ yea honestly...like THATS going to make me want to move? This is the worst week ever.
Try to keep your head up bro, get the wheel in motion on this. It could snowball and before you know it, it will be all good again!!
Old 12-12-2007, 10:04 PM

doubt it. NJ officials are Aholes. It is not going to change anytime soon. I may sell the truck and just use my little drifter car as my DD. Its a 90 miata, runs amazing and is a BLAST to drive.
Old 12-12-2007, 10:13 PM

that is so stupid if they shutdown off road places its like shuting down a major highway. there was a couple of months but the government shutdown the trails here on ontariomississauga but most people still keped on goin until they opend it again cause they can keep givin us tickets
Old 12-13-2007, 01:27 AM

Received 3 Likes on 2 Posts
that is bad news.

maybe an omen for things to come, if the roads did become impassible, and there werent any 4x4s left, everyone would be stuck.

i cast a vote to move to Texas or anywhere in the lesser populated U.S.
Old 12-13-2007, 01:48 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
My vote is...do something about it. Those laws have been in place for a long time here in MA. Look around for a responsible club in your area, you can probably work with them to find legal wheelable land and you can probably work with them to get land opened, laws changed, and better the image of off roaders everywhere.

My club is a member of the East Coast 4 Wheel Drive Association (region D), I THINK that you are probably region B...but go check them out www.ec4wda.org. Working with them here has gained us access to a lot of class 6 roads which are legal tow roads that are unmaintained and unpassable to cars. Some of them are pretty nice, for example:

Also, they do a lot of work with private land owners to gain us access to their land. You might think that this wouldn't work, but right off the top of my head I can name 6-7 different properties that we have permission to use and there are more than that.

The state is never going to care about a couple people yelling and screaming, the greenies are much more influential. You need to get with a group to work with and wheel with. It is highly beneficial.
Old 12-13-2007, 03:27 AM

hey tacoma, i just chimmed in on this thread, im from haddonfield nj, and i wheel wharton state park and such all the time and had no clue that this was going on, i dont know where you are exactly but there is ONE legal place here in south jersey everyone goes to thats open on the weekends during the day thats decent, other than that, there are a few private bogs and about 40 mins from here in PA theres some wheeling in endless woods also that me and a few guys travel through when visiting my sister, lmk man, always looking for new people to wheel with

dave
Old 12-13-2007, 07:23 AM

Im right in medford...I know the place your talking about. the call it "the patch" Its a big feild with holes filled with mud and water. i dnot cal that wheeling I'll let ya know
Old 12-13-2007, 07:24 AM
Contributing Member

Intrepid, that's the best advice I've read all thread.

Tacoma, you were thinking of selling it anyway, so unless you think it's worth it to do all that work like Intrepid say's. Sell it. Everything happens for a reason, and gas prices are not reasonable anymore. Sorry dude.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:35 AM
Contributing Member

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
Originally Posted by 4runnerguy
that is so stupid if they shutdown off road places its like shuting down a major highway. there was a couple of months but the government shutdown the trails here on ontariomississauga but most people still keped on goin until they opend it again cause they can keep givin us tickets
I hope you turned them over to the police. That is EXACTLY what gets more stuff closed down. Hopefully those tickets were enough to get them out of the sport completely.

Stupid ass hillbillies. I hate them with a passion. I have to spend hours and hours writing letters, signing petitions, etc etc to try and keep stuff out here open. And the BIGGEST obstacle in our way is other 4wheelers. I want to shoot them all.

Okay, not really, but it REALLY steams me.

Tacoma, Intrepid's advice is spot on. You CAN get them reopened. Just have to work for it.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:39 AM

damn your right in medford, and you have a tacoma on 36's/33's im suprised i havnt seen it around, yeah the patch pretty much blows but its legal and CAN be fun, but other that i dunno what to tell you but risk it, ive personally never seen any rangers back at the 1/4 mile, the raceway, little mill, mizpah, or menatico. The only other thing you can do if you dont consider any of that wheeling is go climb some rocks at rouch creek but other than some rocks its all the same stuff. ANYWAY, like i said, offers on the table, we usually go out in decent size groups

Last edited by Booosted Supra; 12-13-2007 at 07:40 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:46 AM

oh wait not a tacoma, i have seen you around, you bought your truck off craigs list and your on NJ4wheelers, i saw your sig with the buick motor, its a black truck with a roll bar, pretty nice truck, the patch is gay though, i dont like tractor trucks and thats pretty much what its for minus some smaller holes which can be fun if you have a snorkel and such. alot of other toyota's come out with me so it would be fun.

Last edited by Booosted Supra; 12-13-2007 at 07:49 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:47 AM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by Booosted Supra
dbut other that i dunno what to tell you but risk it, ive personally never seen any rangers back at the 1/4 mile, the raceway, little mill, mizpah, or menatico.
That is absolutely NOT an option. Probably the WORST advice I've EVER seen on the internet. And that is saying something.

It is a bannable offense here, and certainly will hurt EVERYWHERE else. Out here, we watch closely for people driving on closed terrain. If we catch them, we snap a photo, and turn them into the authorities. One of my photo's got a 19 year old slapped with a 2000 dollar fine. Another with a 500 fine and both with substantial community service.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:52 AM

thats fine and all for you and your state but its not as strict as he says it is, i know plenty of people who have gotten fined on ATV's not trucks, UNLESS they are unregistered and un-insured trucks, there is a ZERO tolerance for that and they will fine the crap out of you, tow you and hang you for it. Other than that, if your trucks legit the ranger will take your name down and THEN if your caught back at that spot again then your screwed, but you'd be a real dumbass to go back after you have been logged, and they SOMETIMES issue a fine, very rarely though and 9 out of 10 times only to ATV riders.

Last edited by Booosted Supra; 12-13-2007 at 07:57 AM.
Old 12-13-2007, 07:56 AM
Contributing Member

HOLY CRAP!! ITS NOT THE FINE!!!!!

What the hell is wrong with you? This is WHY stuff gets shut down. When stupid ass morons drive on closed stuff, they close more stuff, because they can justify it. If everyone drove legally, there would be nothing they could do. But driving on closed stuff proves the green point that we can't be responsible on public lands.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:01 AM

ok and IM saying, they havnt even closed anything yet, i wheel all these places every weekend, nothing has changed, and there is a million groups and major clubs here in jersey who do so. IM JUST GIVING HIM MY 2 CENTS ON IT because HE IS infact a LOCAL and you ARE NOT, so how the hell would you even know WHAT has actually changed in NJ from Colorado
Old 12-13-2007, 08:03 AM

and if you WERE from NJ, SOME of those places are 100% legit, thank you
Old 12-13-2007, 08:09 AM
Contributing Member

AxleIke is right.. everytime I go wheeling, if I see trash, I or my buddies pick it up. PISSES ME OFF because we shouldn't be friggin people's maids, but it's too sad too see trails w/trash all over the place. That adds to getting trails closed too. Most importantly though is to not drive where you're not supposed to man. Damn.
Old 12-13-2007, 08:12 AM

i totally agree with that, and when trash is seen it should be cleaned up, usually its a bunch of retards in stock heeps or ford trucks just beating on there parents trucks in the woods while drinking and smoking up, and trashing the place but regardless still a few of the places i named are up kept well and at the one place theres been occasions where the rangers have stopped at the camp site and hung out, the main problem in the bill they passed is wharton state park, and that place has been falling apart, but regardless for whatever reason he dosnt consider the legal parks we have wheeling so theres no other advice to tell him but ride at your own risk or sell your truck

and at that, once again im here in NJ and you guys are in Colorado, apparently theres differences in argument on whats right and whats not and were never going to come to a happy medium with that, so i just dont care, im here and i gave a local advice, thats it you guys can seriously take it how you want to

Last edited by Booosted Supra; 12-13-2007 at 08:17 AM.

Quick Reply: WHY are they doing this to me? NJ laws suck