93-98 T100s All T100 trucks

Electrical Disaster! P0301 + P1300

Search this Thread

Old 09-17-2024, 06:41 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Electrical Disaster! P0301 + P1300

Hey all! Posting this here and Toyota Nation looking for help!For Context: 96 T100 3.4 4WD

Drove the truck up on a rough gravel road to go berry picking. (Lots of bouncing around)

Took the truck to work the next day (truck was running great) and stopped to get a coffee, come back out and it’s misfiring and throwing P0301.

So I change the spark plug, swap coils from another cylinder, and no change.

I let it cool off while trying to diagnose my issue by inspecting my ignition wiring (which you’ll come to see is a mess), go to start it back up and no misfire. I finish driving to work (bills to pay) then drive it to the grocery store. I put the under dash panels back on while the wife was shopping, then misfiring again.

So here’s where things get complicated, the previous owner must have had an issue with the key/ignition switch and decided it would be better configured with 2 household light switches and a push button with standard 12/3 (see pictures attached)

So trying to get some sort of fix in the midst of this, I tried to wire it back to a standard key switch from autozone. (Not sure I have the wiring right)

Also while trying to diagnose this, it starts to pop a P1300 code.

But anyhow, after changing this wiring out, my turn signals, dash lights, hazards, cig don’t work and when the hazards are pressed the parking/drive indicator light will go bright/dim. Note: The radio, headlights and taillights still work.

Also they had the hazard spliced in on the 15amp cig fuse

Also worth noting that months prior, I redid the timing belt and valve covers but the truck has ran excellent up until this point.

I have an absolute electrical mess and I’m not very wiring savvy but I can partially read a diagram and love to learn but at this rate I’m ready to try to rip the entire harness out and start over.

I’ll try to attach all photos that might be helpful.

Any ideas and assistance as to what’s causing the misfire and the majority of the accessories to no longer work would be greatly appreciated.

Ignition switch

Ignition switches

Push button start

My attempt at getting a key switch wired in

Current state of the dash