General Vehicle Related Topics (Non Year Related) If topic doesn't apply to Toyotas whatsoever, it should be in Off Topic

Chinese 2nd Gen based truck

Search this Thread

Old 05-06-2005, 09:45 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Waaaait people!

I've searched them for you, how much do you give me?

http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Cl...il_Lights.html

Here there are!

117.50 GBP... 222$!!!

But... The don't have backup lights in it, my 4Runner has the backup lights in the tail lights...

David
Old 05-06-2005, 09:51 AM

Arf... The Monster has clear headlights? I've not been able to get a bigger picture but if this is a clear headlight I wan a pair!

Seems to be the same shape 2nd gen ones...
Old 05-06-2005, 10:03 AM

Location: 100 miles offshore as much as possible, & Springfield Oregon USA
Originally Posted by Blizzard
Waaaait people!

I've searched them for you, how much do you give me?

http://www.supertrux.com/acatalog/Cl...il_Lights.html

Here there are!

117.50 GBP... 222$!!!

But... The don't have backup lights in it, my 4Runner has the backup lights in the tail lights...

David

Of course it has backup lights in it - what do you think that clear part is for?
Old 05-06-2005, 01:19 PM

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
^^ Actually the more I look at the pics of the tail lights I think those may be clear turn signal lenses. You can sort tell there is an amber bulb in there (or so it looks)...

Plus the normal back up lights are still in the tailgate....seems odd for the factory to have quad reverse lights.

Its still better than what we have but not quite as cool as I first thought
Old 05-06-2005, 01:26 PM

It seems about right that central planning has put Chinese cars about two generations behind...
Old 05-06-2005, 02:17 PM

Um, okay
http://www.usatoday.com/money/autos/...hinacars_x.htm
"They sell for $9,000 to $15,000. " Dahamn! the grown up version of those Chinese scooters they sell on ebay (and in auto parts stores etc) - they look great and run fine for about a week, then you can't get parts. Ever.

Last edited by Flamedx4; 05-06-2005 at 02:20 PM.
Old 05-06-2005, 02:25 PM

http://www.detnews.com/2005/autosins.../A01-47455.htm

But of course, with a name like Bricklin no one would EVER doubt him...
Old 05-07-2005, 08:31 AM

It seems about right that central planning has put Chinese cars about two generations behind...
i'm thinking that the chinese bought the used manufacturing equipment which was used to make the 2nd gen.... thus cutting their startup costs.... in order to create capital to finance their purchase of new equipment..... for their next car/truck models

JQ
Old 05-07-2005, 08:37 AM

yep, wise move in my eyes... they picked some sweet looking vehicles to mimic their line after.
Old 05-07-2005, 09:49 AM

looks like there is a small reverse light built into the bumper.
Old 05-07-2005, 10:48 AM

Wow this is more like an Hilux Surf, the tire carrier and the license plate in one side...

You can use those clear taillights, I can't

David
Old 05-08-2005, 12:02 AM

Those tail lights are awesome!!!!!!!!! If I had a 2nd gen, I would buy them.
Old 05-08-2005, 12:12 AM
Sponsor

Received 6 Likes on 5 Posts
i want the Headlights... the gauges are clean looking as well.
Old 05-16-2005, 11:58 AM

i've got my contact looking into the company that manufactures these parts for great wall for the taillights specifically, gonna see if i can get a sample (usually free ) to do a test fit.
then go from there, should know soon what kind of cost im looking at, curious, what would you guys be willing to pay on a set like those? as for the headlights, they're sweet, but you'd have to get the grill and hood otherwise it wouldnt line up.

also, he said that these companies are better at reproducing then designing, so if someone had a set of clears i could send them, get them duped and reproduced at a MUCH cheaper cost, just a thought.

and from what i can tell about these lights is, the 'clear' section is for your turn signal, you can see the amber bulb inside.

Last edited by green91runner; 05-16-2005 at 12:01 PM.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:35 PM

Hilux surf

Okay Gents,

maybe I can help you out with some of the minor confusion here on the what the HILUX SURF has in the model line up..as you all know it is a 4RUNNER and almost the same as the one sold in the states. All of my after market parts have come from the states and bolted right on the only thing that changed was my brake lines went from metric to S.A.E.
GEN2
The top dog was/is the SSR G
Avail option is SUN ROOF
remote door lock
cargo cover
STOCK is
Cruise control
PWR windows
pwr door locks
ECT suspension (electic two position dampening adjustment)
High mount spare tire
8 speaker stero (4 of those are tweets and the rear main speaks have a built in amp)
rear spoiler w 3rd tail light
RECARO seats up front and matched cloth on the ones in the back(charchol black). This also made the int avail in one color GRAY regardless of ext paint color.
the next in the line was the SSR X where everthing above is an option less the seats so a ext/int color match was avail, GRAY was std and the rear spoiler
bottom line was SSR
NO high mount spare
NO 8 speakers
no remote door
no sun roof
no spoiler
options:
ECT
upgraded 4 speaker stero
cruise
color matched int

all that being said I have a G model and if any wants to see some pics say so I can post them here.
note on the high mount spare tire...there is some right rear corner body strength that has been added to the inside that can not be seen and the tailgates are very different...the tag is no longer center and recessed, the door key is not on the right side. The tag was moved to a pretruding left side mount to clear the tire rack the door key is next to it and the backup lights where moved in with the rest of the tail lights. The hole that was left by the relocated tag was filled up with the pieces to hold the tire rack closed the door key just has plastic plug in it.
Old 05-16-2005, 04:46 PM

dragon 564

please post photos..... not sure exactly what you are trying to say.... or what your reply has to do with the chinese based great wall.... please advise.

also i believe you are mistaken in regards to the ECT reference..... as i understand it ECT is related to automatic transmission shift points and NOT suspension dampening...... i could be wrong....

jay-q
'93 4runner auto v6 4x4
Forest green metallic
Mostly stock (orginal owner)
Old 05-16-2005, 05:30 PM
Contributing Member

Wow, that would be cool to slap that front end on a 4runner in the states.
Old 05-16-2005, 05:42 PM

Originally Posted by green91runner
i've got my contact looking into the company that manufactures these parts for great wall for the taillights specifically, gonna see if i can get a sample (usually free ) to do a test fit.
then go from there, should know soon what kind of cost im looking at, curious, what would you guys be willing to pay on a set like those? as for the headlights, they're sweet, but you'd have to get the grill and hood otherwise it wouldnt line up.

also, he said that these companies are better at reproducing then designing, so if someone had a set of clears i could send them, get them duped and reproduced at a MUCH cheaper cost, just a thought.

and from what i can tell about these lights is, the 'clear' section is for your turn signal, you can see the amber bulb inside.
Dude those are dope. Please see what you can do on getting some sets over here. I dont want to pay $222 but I bet you could sell quite a few sets here if they were priced right.

Mike
Old 05-16-2005, 05:47 PM

Originally Posted by jay-q
dragon 564

please post photos..... not sure exactly what you are trying to say.... or what your reply has to do with the chinese based great wall.... please advise.
i agree with jay here... seems like he's talking about the HILUX, which IS the exact same vehicle as the 4Runner over in north america that we all know. some clarification is needed.
Old 05-16-2005, 06:10 PM

Originally Posted by green91runner
so wait... they could make us "custom" tail lights essentially?

so say if we all would like a tail light that looks like the 3rd gens (clear turn signal and red brake lenses) then we could send over a set of clear or maybe even stock tails and those could be made????

do you think there is some way that if we all decided on a style of tail light that we liked that then we could send them a set of clear or stock tails that they could produce them? so kinda like a group buy almost?

just a thought

Quick Reply: Chinese 2nd Gen based truck