Newbie Tech Section Often asked technical questions can be asked here

Thank you Wyoming9

Search this Thread

Old 06-16-2011, 02:43 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Thumbs up Thank you Wyoming9

I just wanted to say thank you to wyoming9 out here because he has helped me bring my truck back from the brink of death. Only he will know everything (All Hell) that was involved with getting it on the road again, but he's a vast resource of mechanical knowledge and not afraid of showing a truck the way it needs to be.

Thank you again!
Old 06-16-2011, 03:03 PM
YotaTech Milestone-Two Millionth Post

Received 122 Likes on 57 Posts
very cool.
this is what this site is about.

even do I / we (my son and I) do most of the wrenching ourselves, the help we get here is just as good as having someone right here with us
Old 06-16-2011, 03:03 PM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
This thread is useless unless you tell us a little background about what happened and how you (and him) fixed it.
Old 06-16-2011, 03:16 PM

Originally Posted by snobdds
This thread is useless unless you tell us a little background about what happened and how you (and him) fixed it.
Oh my, that would be a looooong list. Really. More like a void of issues. Maybe I'll make a list and post it here but for this thread's purposes, it's a solid thanks to the man.
Old 06-16-2011, 09:00 PM

Received 99 Likes on 86 Posts
Smile

Basic short version take a truck coat it in liquid brine park it for any where from 6 months to two years.

Then patch every thing to get it so it moves by itself again to sell. taking every short cut possible. Legal or not.

Then Detail the body and interior so they look great.

Along comes a well meaning buyer who likes how the body looks and the detailed interior. Never looking at how the underneath looked or at the start what to even look for.

He has come a long way in that respect. He has also has seen what a good relationship with my Toyota parts people is like

Some of the issues wrong calipers from what the vin called for making sourcing front brake parts interesting brake downgrade instead of up grade.

Rear bumper just rusted off only held together by the chrome.

Shock bushings and bolts just gone.

Fuel lines rusted through and patched with regular fuel line .

Emergency brake bellcranks seized on the the pins going through the bell crank bracket the rear pivot assembly rusted fast.

Both rear seals the inner ones leaking.

rear brakes and drums just worn out and gear oil coated. New wheel cylinders were a given but of course no way were the brake lines coming off. Meaning new lines and hose in the back.

Rear shock mount with a bolt that just never did come out replaced upper left rear shock mount.

A few places in the bed just rusted through .

Transmission crossmember needed repair a few spots on the frame the welding was the easy part.

Then of course you have the normal assortment of of broken bolts

The fact that this was a T100 only made it harder to get parts.

I may have missed something.

There is still away to go but it is inspected and it has the emission sticker so should be good for awhile.

Your Very Welcome

It seems I have also made a friend whose computer skills make my mechanical and welding skills seem far below entry level so if our skills rub off on each other so much the better

The brake adjusters both seized one so bad I never could get it to free up
Old 06-17-2011, 06:26 AM

Received 8 Likes on 8 Posts
Now, that is more like it.

Good Job Wyoming9
Old 06-17-2011, 05:14 PM

^^^ what he said