03+ 4Runner/GX470, & 05+ Tacomas 4th gen 4Runners & 5th gen trucks

4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's

Search this Thread

Old 12-03-2003, 10:37 AM
Contributing Member

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Of course I saved the best for last.....

Keep in mind, this is just for looks. Since I rarely go off-road, that is all I wanted. I feel quite certain it would be ripped to shreds on any kind of rocks..

Also, keep in mind I have no welding stuff, and just made due with what I had. I am sure some of you guys that have welders and such could make much better stuff, but I still had a good time.

fourunnabilly gets full credit for me even trying this. Thanks buddy!!
Attached Thumbnails 4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's-pic-4.jpg  

Last edited by momo.75; 12-03-2003 at 10:39 AM.
Old 12-03-2003, 12:17 PM

Momo-

Hey, way to go...looks great. Killer works on the brackets and mounting setup...looks perfect, I may have to copy you now! The new shot of your rig looks sweet as well...those are 18's you are running, right? Real nice. Hey man, I deserve no credit what so ever...all I did was tell it could be done, and you found an even better way than I did. I gotta get me one of the sport edition hoods...we are going to open it and make it functional just to help cool the engine compartment once the blower goes on, since it obviously would be bout' impossible to create a "ram air" setup. Again, way to stick with it and get her completed. So, now I can just say "talk to momo, I don't have a frickin clue on how to mount it?" Peace.

Billy

Hey, could you get a pic from the side for me so I can see how far forward the plate goes, that will help me a ton when I get some time to remount it.
Old 12-03-2003, 01:15 PM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by fourunnabilly
Momo-

Hey, way to go...looks great. Killer works on the brackets and mounting setup...looks perfect, I may have to copy you now! The new shot of your rig looks sweet as well...those are 18's you are running, right? Real nice. Hey man, I deserve no credit what so ever...all I did was tell it could be done, and you found an even better way than I did. I gotta get me one of the sport edition hoods...we are going to open it and make it functional just to help cool the engine compartment once the blower goes on, since it obviously would be bout' impossible to create a "ram air" setup. Again, way to stick with it and get her completed. So, now I can just say "talk to momo, I don't have a frickin clue on how to mount it?" Peace.

Billy

Hey, could you get a pic from the side for me so I can see how far forward the plate goes, that will help me a ton when I get some time to remount it.

Yep, they are 18" Enkei's. I really like 'em being different from the stock rims.

Here is a shot from the side. I has started raining here so I had to shoot it in my garage.
Attached Thumbnails 4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's-skid-side.jpg  
Old 12-03-2003, 02:01 PM

Momo-

Hey, that is a perfect pic, again damn nice work...looks completely OEM. I am definitely gonna copy your setup now. Just a thought that came to mind when looking at your rig is the black "cups" that are under the front bumper on both sides. After I trimmed mine, though it is just a subtle detail, it really cleans up the front end from both the front and side, all they truly do is collect dirt and rocks. If you take your time when trimming, you would never even know it was done...I'm not sure if I have a pick of mine as a close up...I'll check. Anyway, just an idea. Keep up the good work...I'd even suggest putting your custom fab job in as a tech write up, I guarantee a ton of people would do the mod if they had some guidance...or maybe we just keep it our secret??lol...nah, definitely not how it works around here. Sweet work.

Billy
Old 12-11-2003, 07:29 AM

You guys are awesome! After owning my 4th gen for 4 months, I finally found a place to call home. I can't wait to hear additional impressions on successful lifts (and some articulation shots please!), and I'm hoping to lift my rig sometime in the spring.

Here's my stock '03 twisted up best I can.
http://www.irace.net/mt/archives/2003-09-27_5.JPG

Here's some more about me and my truck.
http://irace.net/truckstuff

Nice to meet yall!
Old 12-11-2003, 07:36 AM
Contributing Member

Momo-

Hey, that is a perfect pic, again damn nice work...looks completely OEM. I am definitely gonna copy your setup now. Just a thought that came to mind when looking at your rig is the black "cups" that are under the front bumper on both sides. After I trimmed mine, though it is just a subtle detail, it really cleans up the front end from both the front and side, all they truly do is collect dirt and rocks. If you take your time when trimming, you would never even know it was done...I'm not sure if I have a pick of mine as a close up...I'll check. Anyway, just an idea. Keep up the good work...I'd even suggest putting your custom fab job in as a tech write up, I guarantee a ton of people would do the mod if they had some guidance...or maybe we just keep it our secret??lol...nah, definitely not how it works around here. Sweet work.

Billy
Billy I do hope that you don't forget that using that front skid, you will definitely lose a tow anchor point in the front. (i.e. if you get stuck then ur screwed).

Just a friendly suggestion as that my was concern when I saw it

Lance
Old 12-11-2003, 08:06 AM
Contributing Member

Originally posted by Good Times
Billy I do hope that you don't forget that using that front skid, you will definitely lose a tow anchor point in the front. (i.e. if you get stuck then ur screwed).

Just a friendly suggestion as that my was concern when I saw it

Lance
Also, it is just for looks. If you are doing some serious off-roading, you might get that tow hook back when it is ripped off.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:17 AM
Contributing Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by fourunnabilly
[B]You know, usually I'm pretty good @ putting together a smart ass response...but I'm @ a loss of words pertaining to the "white stuff" at the moment. A little too much in the system right now. Yeah, it's cold as hell back here right now...-10 with windchill tonight.

And Momo, just curious if you got that tacoma skid plate in yet, or were able to find one off ebay? If not, I can probably get you one for about $100 if you want it...let me know. That's all I got for now boys. Back to work.

Billy

Awesome job on your rig, I love the lift wish I had the skills to do that. If you get the SC, she's going to be a monster.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:22 AM
Contributing Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Biff
[B]
You know, usually I'm pretty good @ putting together a smart ass response...but I'm @ a loss of words pertaining to the "white stuff" at the moment. A little too much in the system right now. Yeah, it's cold as hell back here right now...-10 with windchill tonight.

And Momo, just curious if you got that tacoma skid plate in yet, or were able to find one off ebay? If not, I can probably get you one for about $100 if you want it...let me know.
I guess you hadn't really read through this thread yet. I have the skid plate installed and even made some brackets to hold it out a little further like the 3rd gens have.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:34 AM
Contributing Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by momo.75
[B]I went to HD today and bought an assortment of bolts and washers. i got the half inch washers and also got some bigger ones. I also bought different size stoppers. Since we just rolle back into town, I will probably wait till the morning to mess around with it. i can't wait to get it on and get her all washed up. I will post a pic or two when i get down. Thanks for the help.

MOMO

Do you think its a good idea to put the skid plate on if I have a brush guard on the front of my runner.
Old 12-11-2003, 08:42 AM
Contributing Member

[QUOTE]Originally posted by Biff
[B]
Originally posted by momo.75
MOMO

Do you think its a good idea to put the skid plate on if I have a brush guard on the front of my runner.
It all depends on your driving. If you are doing some mild off-roading, I would think it would be ok. Keep in mind (at least for my truck) it is just for looks. The brackets I made are strong but would hold up to any serious pounding.

It will also depend on what you brush guard looks like and how it is mounted. There is a guy on toyota-4runner.org that is putting on a bull bar and is going to put the skid plate on as well, so you could wait and see how his looks before you decide. If you go there and do a search for "loyd" you will find his posts.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:41 AM

Damn, I've never really liked the look of 4th gen's, but with that lift it looks so pimp. Great job.
Old 12-11-2003, 09:53 AM

Look good
Old 12-11-2003, 03:12 PM
Contributing Member

While this thread is about 33x12.5's, I have a problem that I've encountered lately with 265-70's. I have begun to rub badly. Initially I had no problems, but after dogging my truck with super heavy trailers and some tough offroading, my rig is rubbing the 265-70's pretty bad. I am about a week away from finishing my lift with XReas but tought this may be useful for you guys who use your trucks in an extreme manner.

The 265-70's wil rub after the suspension settles. In my case it's been four months and now I'm rubbing at almost every turn!

I'll post some better info later, but I just wanted to get the word out!

Doug M.
Old 12-11-2003, 03:16 PM
Contributing Member

I figure that would happen

I rub alot on full turns now anyway... but i figure after the lift goes in, it'll be much better...
Old 12-11-2003, 03:23 PM
Contributing Member

I'm with you on the lift Lance. I first thought about larger tires, maybe 285-75's but I think I may change my mind and stick with what I have, because of rubbing issues.

Any word on the Demello front bumper yet?

Doug
Old 12-11-2003, 03:27 PM
Contributing Member

I'm hoping he'll have a mock version up to test by the end of January. (giving him alot of time as it's the holiday season and I want to make sure he's not rushed into making this)

I have a dig cam so I"ll try and take pictures of the progress so you can get an idea of how it's gonna look

I"ll be seeing him this weekend hopefully (so long as he's not busy) and go from there.

I haven't forgotten about it yet as I'm very excited!!!!

I will still plan on installing 285's (16's ofcourse) though. After I get the lift finally installed, I think it'll be better...
Old 12-11-2003, 08:43 PM

Hey all-

Haven't been on here in a while as I have been finishing my thesis for grad school...glad to see that others are getting involved and enjoying the info. It was basically just Momo and I BS'ing back and forth for a couple of weeks there.

A couple things:

1. The skid plate is pure asthetics only...Good Times made a very good point that you do lose your tow eyes on the front, but if you were to get stuck, you could still definitely hook up to them...but I woulnd't bet that the skid plate would come out looking the same.

2. The suspension settling/tire rubbing issue has began to hit mine post lift ever so slightly. Before the lift with the 265/70R17's I rubbed on virtually every turn (on the mud flaps). With the 3" Revtek and the 33's, at first the driver's side rubbed both the front cup and the flap, and the passenger's side just rubbed the flap slightly. After removing the cups, trimming a little of the plastic up front, and yanking the flaps, all seemed to be free and clear. I even tried shaving my mud flaps for re-attatchment...no go there. In regards to the settling of the Revtek Kit, I have been wheeling quite a bit lately...maxing the articulation, and just giving the overall suspension a good beating. I would say that about 1 out of every 10 turns to the full left, the driver's side tire rubs the frame. A couple of little chunks have been taken out of the tire, and it is truly so minimal, that I am the only one who ever notices it. All in all, you cannot go bigger than a 33 or a 285/75R16 with the 3" Revtek. I have been considering adding a RB 1" body lift for complete clearance, and anyone looking to have absolutely no rubbing would probably need to do so. The only other option is getting a different backspacing on the wheel, which may be the answer...I have no intent in the near future to buy new wheels, but am considering playing with some wheel adaptors/spacers to push them out a little.

3. I will have more pics coming soon regarding what must be done at a minimum in regards to wheel well trimming...along with some other shots.

4. I don't know what or how this thread got a 5 star rating, but you guys are great, and hopefully thru Biff I can track me down a supercharger in the next couple of weeks. Thanks for all the interest in this thread, the positivity, and support. If there are any more questions in regard to any of this, just let me know. I think Good Times will be joining Lefty and I very soon in the suspension lifted 4th gen department. There was another guy who showed up here briefly, but has since dissapeared...anyway, both GT and Lefty can answer your questions too, prob much better than I can.

Enjoy the holidays and take care. Peace.

Billy
Old 10-19-2004, 09:54 AM

Question

Very nice job! I like the way that looks. I've been hunting for kits for my '03 Runner. This one looks good.

Just a couple questions.. I have the XREAS w/ rear air. Would that present any problems with this install in your opinion?

Thanks for the nice pix and description.
Old 10-19-2004, 04:09 PM
Banned

petrolero -- you can email us at info@nitrousenterprises.com

currently, we're researching the air leveling system to see what we can do. we're working with two clients, and we'd be more than happy to set you up as well! if you could take some pictures of the system, that'd help us out a great deal. that's currently what we're waiting on from one of our clients.

Quick Reply: 4th Gen w/ 33x12.5's