86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

What wheels and tires with rear disc brake conversion

Search this Thread

Old 02-22-2020, 02:06 PM

Received 11 Likes on 8 Posts
What wheels and tires with rear disc brake conversion

Alright next question for y'all.

I am slowly edumacating myself

Figured out how to add my rig to my bio so you guys know what Im working with.

Am I posting this in the proper section? Is it common to start new threads like this or should I be adding to other threads when I can? Still getting the hang of this to make this easier and more efficient for myself and you all.....

On to the question.......I will be installing a rear disc brake conversion kit on my lil truck during my rebuild. The one I am currently looking at is the Little Shop Mfg. kit so first and foremost any reviews or information on that kit or one that may be a better option for my application or of better quality/functioning Im all ears.

As far as wheels that will fit, my truck had stock14x6JJ wheels front and rear. It looks like I will have to move up to at least 15" wheels (most will fit according to little shop mfg.'s notes) in order to clear the parking brake calipers.

I don't need or want anything fancy. As of right now I am thinking simple black steel wheels or maybe a simple alloy wheel to show off the disc brakes but still in black and relatively plain and simple.

I am looking for any information as far as what 15" wheels will fit with these calipers and the rest of my stock truck. Or should I consider going even a little bigger? Always thought before I took the truck apart that I might like a little bigger wheel/tire anyway. What would be the pros/cons of putting a bigger or even the biggest possible wheel that will fit (the rest of the rear end will be stock)

Hit me with some knowledge!!

Last edited by dh12791; 02-22-2020 at 05:17 PM.