Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Weasy2k cams installed!

Search this Thread

Old 06-01-2007, 07:39 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
defiantly gonna have to look at that sometime....
Old 06-01-2007, 07:41 AM
Contributing Member

Received 9 Likes on 5 Posts
But first I got other things I need to fix/upgrade

I would love to have an e-brake again..yay for dealership only parts
Old 06-01-2007, 09:11 AM

yea no kidding...stupid dealership crud...
Old 06-01-2007, 02:15 PM
Contributing Member

Well today I was at a buddys house and we where polishing and waxing our cars ( The wax started to take off paint on my rig so we stopped!)

I got 2 sound clips BUT he won't be able to get them to me untill sunday
So you guys are gonna have to sit tight
Old 06-01-2007, 02:47 PM

lol. sounds like someones rather excited. ive got glasspack too. thrush. im sure my cats limiting me a little, but cant do much about that. parents wont let me cut it off, and i dont want to spend the money to replace. lol. so weasy, if i were to buy a new cam and have it installed by u, u would pick me up at my house and stuff? hehehe. not too too far. mid florida? lol. maybe when i take a road trip to my aunt and uncles in north ohio i'll see if i cant hunt u down. sounds like u got some loyal followers. great to hear that.
Old 06-01-2007, 06:45 PM

would you get the same benefits from a 22re?
Old 06-01-2007, 06:53 PM
Contributing Member

Well since headgaskets where not such a big deal with 22re's I would amagin you would just be interested in the power gain aspect.

In that case there are alot of companys who supply 22r and 22re cams, to my knowlage Johnny does not. ( correct me if I am wrong)

Well I was going to head up to the stealership to inquire about the camshaft but I got held up with a buncha crap and I have to get up at about 2am tomorrow so.. im not driving 15 mins to the dealership right now..
Old 06-01-2007, 07:57 PM

dijlop,
heheh i can always arrange for a quick cam swap anytime, after doing jays truck i know what parts i should have on hand so i can make the swaps a bit quicker now.
I am happy to hear that these guys are enjoying their trucks, i dont like selling crap...so i dont
Old 06-01-2007, 10:02 PM

hey weazy, sry for hijack, but anywayz do you think you could amke some forged 3vz low compression pistons, since you make piston for 5vz.
Old 06-02-2007, 12:36 AM

i need a core sample of the stock 3vz-e pistons. I have been meaning to get one for a while now but just havent found one. As far as low compression...why? 3vz-e is 9:1, people boost the 5vz to 18psi at 9.6:1 with no issues.
Old 06-02-2007, 06:59 AM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Originally Posted by Weasy2k
i need a core sample of the stock 3vz-e pistons. I have been meaning to get one for a while now but just havent found one. As far as low compression...why? 3vz-e is 9:1, people boost the 5vz to 18psi at 9.6:1 with no issues.
Don't assume that turbo + baseline compression for motor A will work for motor B. Look at all the Honda guys running high compression 16v variable valve timing motors with significant amounts of boost... Hayabusa motorcycles over 10:1 running 5-6 psi on pump gas.

Old head designs - like the 22R have trouble past to 10psi even with mid compression motors (8.5:1).

Tuning and timing play a big factor of course, but there seems to be a ton of magic in the head design and valve setup.

Best indicator would be someone who has done it before.. I know there are turbo'd 3VZs out there.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:26 AM

the guys that turboed the 3vz-e, they really didnt do anything to the bottom end to the 3vz they just stook a turbo on and ran the turbo no more than 6psi.

Also weazy meaning you need a core, does that mean you just need the piston? cuz i have six and i can send you one or all of them, and ted (enginebuilder) said i should prolly run low compression cyclinders.
Old 06-02-2007, 01:24 PM
Contributing Member

Im on my way to the stealership boys!
Wish me luck..
Old 06-02-2007, 01:48 PM

Originally Posted by shoes138
the guys that turboed the 3vz-e, they really didnt do anything to the bottom end to the 3vz they just stook a turbo on and ran the turbo no more than 6psi.

Also weazy meaning you need a core, does that mean you just need the piston? cuz i have six and i can send you one or all of them, and ted (enginebuilder) said i should prolly run low compression cyclinders.

CR has lots to do with what kind of boost you can run as well....while there are other factors which can limit you to how much boost you can run, one of the biggest that i have learned from many techs is effective CR. I totally forgot about the 12v head design (i was thinking fe for some reason and efficiency so i see why you would want to go with a lower cr.

I will get a hold of Ted at Enginebldr as i would need some info to make these pistons low cr (Combustion Chamber CC, gasket size...etc). I also want to talk to him about some other things that i have been meaning to do so for a while now. I just need 1 piston if you could provide that to me that would be GREAT. You will be getting a huge price break because of the supplied core, a thank you from me.

Jay,
Good friggen luck man! Let me know how it goes!
Old 06-02-2007, 01:56 PM

Oh and yes i can get 22re cams sets, i dont really advertise them much because there is so many sources for them out there.
Old 06-02-2007, 02:25 PM
Contributing Member

Well I am back!

I talked to the service dude, he really did not seem to know what the hell to do..
He went around back after checking out the history of my truck.

They have me down as having a

1990 pickup 22re delux

And my
1991 pickup 3vze sr5.

Might be since my cab is from that 1990

ANYWAYS
HE comes back out looking a little confused, he tells me
" we are going to have to call you about this because we have to look up your truck and stuff"
I say ok
I show him the cam, he writes a bunch of stuff down and I make sure they will call me.
He says yes..

So my fingers are crossed on this one.

I also found out my hg was done in may or june 2003.( I was looking across the counter at his computer) I should've just asked for a print out!
Old 06-02-2007, 07:30 PM

Originally Posted by Weasy2k
CR has lots to do with what kind of boost you can run as well....while there are other factors which can limit you to how much boost you can run, one of the biggest that i have learned from many techs is effective CR. I totally forgot about the 12v head design (i was thinking fe for some reason and efficiency so i see why you would want to go with a lower cr.

I will get a hold of Ted at Enginebldr as i would need some info to make these pistons low cr (Combustion Chamber CC, gasket size...etc). I also want to talk to him about some other things that i have been meaning to do so for a while now. I just need 1 piston if you could provide that to me that would be GREAT. You will be getting a huge price break because of the supplied core, a thank you from me.

Jay,
Good friggen luck man! Let me know how it goes!
well just give me your address and ill ship them to you. did you want all six of them or just one? The connecting rods is still on them is that koo? cuz i also wanted my connecting rods forged also.

Last edited by shoes138; 06-02-2007 at 07:31 PM.
Old 06-02-2007, 07:50 PM

send me your email addy or just email me using the forum thing and i will reply to you
Old 06-03-2007, 08:38 AM

my email is shoes138@hotmail.com
Old 06-03-2007, 09:11 AM

weasy, u said uve got the cams for 22re, and i am interested, even though im just a poor teen tryin to pay for insurance and gas and life in general, but u also said there are so many others out there. this i know all too well. so id like to ask ur personal opinion. ur cams are more expensive than a lot of other companys cams, and that may be because of service or whatever, but do u think i could get the same(or at least close) type of benefits and gains out of a cheaper cam, which of course i would have to install myself, that i would out of your cams.

also, are the prices on ur cams for 22re the same as for the bigger engines?

thanks tons.

Quick Reply: Weasy2k cams installed!