86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Toyota lovers watch this video

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2008, 08:44 AM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Originally Posted by Matt16
"I'm going to the chesterfield with my timbits to have a dandy time eh."
don't say that out here in cali....

but then again, i am sure 'rolln out with the homies' prolly sounds silly to some too.
Old 03-07-2008, 11:33 AM

Received 4 Likes on 4 Posts
Originally Posted by Redeyejedi
don't say that out here in cali....

but then again, i am sure 'rolln out with the homies' prolly sounds silly to some too.
Only hosers talk like that.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:08 PM
Contributing Member

Only hosers talk like that.
hosers....that's funny.
Old 03-07-2008, 03:43 PM

The Brits and some Canadians spell "programme" that way. You Americans have dropped the U from coloUr, neighboUr, parloUr and half the letters from doughnut. In Canada, we use mostly British spelling, but some American spelling slips through. We use some words that are completely different, for instance, we call our bars/ pubs "chesterfields" and refer to our friends as "timbits". For instance

You would say "Yo, I'm going to the bar with my hommies to have a wicked time."
We say "I'm going to the chesterfield with my timbits to have a dandy time eh."

1992toyota4x4 vient de Quebec. La bas, on parle francais, alors on dit "emission" au lieu to "show".

You may go, your language lesson is over for today as you have now learned you have been spelling words wrong since 1776.
the sad part is i was born in ontario lol... but i speak french very well, and sometimes screw up words lol....

Last edited by 1992toyota4x4; 03-07-2008 at 03:44 PM.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:05 PM

That's not sad, I wish my French was better. I did immersion from grade 1 to 9 and kept up the spoken until recently as now there aren't many people who speak French around here. No one swears comme les Quebecois.

Hoser is wicked derogatory term for a loser. In Canada, the team that loses a pickup (hockey) game has to hose off the the ice to get the blood, spit off and a new surface on. Thus losers are hosers. Beat that.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:11 PM
Contributing Member

Hoser is wicked derogatory term for a loser. In Canada, the team that loses a pickup (hockey) game has to hose off the the ice to get the blood, spit off and a new surface on. Thus losers are hosers. Beat that.
I never knew that... and that's funny.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:11 PM

Received 1 Like on 1 Post
[QUOTE=Matt16;50771910]The Brits and some Canadians spell "programme" that way. You Americans have dropped the U from coloUr, neighboUr, parloUr and half the letters from doughnut. In Canada, we use mostly British spelling, but some American spelling slips through. We use some words that are completely different, for instance, we call our bars/ pubs "chesterfields" and refer to our friends as "timbits". For instance

You would say "Yo, I'm going to the bar with my hommies to have a wicked time."

You must be from eastern Canada, or Quebec (not really part of Canada) because out west here no one I know ever called a pub a chesterfield. A chesterfield is a couch. And if a called my friends a timbit they might call me a fag.
Old 03-07-2008, 04:14 PM
Contributing Member

Originally Posted by toyotatom93
And if a called my friends a timbit they might call me a fag.
If I did that, mine would probably say the same. You see, we're not so different afterall.
Old 03-07-2008, 07:18 PM

blame Canada, anyone watch southpark?....
Old 03-08-2008, 02:33 AM

Toyotatom93: you must be from the gullible part of Canada. I'm from Vancouver. LOL

PS if you're visiting Canada, yes, a chesterfield is a couch, and a timbit is the centre of a doughnut.
Old 03-08-2008, 03:56 AM

Wow. I never knew where the term hoser came from. As for the rest of it, I think my friends would just say, WTF did you just say? I'm known as the the guy who has all sorts of useless trivia rattling around in his head so they'd just assume I read it somewhere (& they'd be right).
Old 03-08-2008, 04:44 AM

It was nice of em to destroy a diesel solid front axle toy. Those f-tards! I hope they atleast parted it out. People complaining about y parts are hard to find!? Well it cause you got stupid people doing this . Yeah i bought a solid axle 4runner for $600 bucks cuz some stupid kid blew out the engine muddin the thing! It must be nice to have $ to blow to ruin stuff! Yeah i didn't want to see another rare solid axle rig go to the yard so i saved it. Also u wonder y environmetalist hate 4x4 people? Personally I think you can be a environmentalist and a wheeler. It cause idiots like this r letting fuel go into the sea or on the trail. I'm sure some of it leaked out being 10ft under water. granted it's a small amt but if we all did that good bye marine life. maybe what they should of done was wheel the thing responsibly and if they broke a birfield show how to replace it. Maybe kids today need to see how to fix stuff instead of breaking stuff? I think i'm going to email that show and guilt them into giving me that diesel and wiring so i can run a yota on french fry oil. A real show is extreme 4x4 where if they break stuff they show you how to fix and make stuff stronger. I'm sure the city of bristol likes him running into centries old buildings that have significants and tearing the sides of em off. Oh thanks for making the divide between environmentalist and 4wheelers greater by running into that tree! I mean i know probadly 98% of 4wheelers are more responsible than this but this guy's a clown! Gee i wonder whats going to happen if a wreaking ball hits a truck? I was really surprised there. Oh thanks for torching that interior and releasing toxins into the air. I saw a show where they make fuel outta car interiors. Alittle more constructive don't u think? It people like these are why 4x4 land is getting shut down and the vech's are less capable cause the govt's of the world don't want you to go offroad they want to be able to keep tabs on you. It you wanted to test a truck for toughness find one that doesn't run and crash a test vech sled into and study how to make it stronger so it last longer and make it better. That would've been more interesting. I hope that stupid google ad is not blocking my post it's blocking my preview.
Old 03-08-2008, 05:11 AM

Aaaaaaah, the Canadians are invading!!!!

J/k
Old 03-08-2008, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by NE4runner
It was nice of em to destroy a diesel solid front axle toy. Those f-tards! I hope they atleast parted it out. People complaining about y parts are hard to find!? Well it cause you got stupid people doing this . Yeah i bought a solid axle 4runner for $600 bucks cuz some stupid kid blew out the engine muddin the thing! It must be nice to have $ to blow to ruin stuff! Yeah i didn't want to see another rare solid axle rig go to the yard so i saved it. Also u wonder y environmetalist hate 4x4 people? Personally I think you can be a environmentalist and a wheeler. It cause idiots like this r letting fuel go into the sea or on the trail. I'm sure some of it leaked out being 10ft under water. granted it's a small amt but if we all did that good bye marine life. maybe what they should of done was wheel the thing responsibly and if they broke a birfield show how to replace it. Maybe kids today need to see how to fix stuff instead of breaking stuff? I think i'm going to email that show and guilt them into giving me that diesel and wiring so i can run a yota on french fry oil. A real show is extreme 4x4 where if they break stuff they show you how to fix and make stuff stronger. I'm sure the city of bristol likes him running into centries old buildings that have significants and tearing the sides of em off. Oh thanks for making the divide between environmentalist and 4wheelers greater by running into that tree! I mean i know probadly 98% of 4wheelers are more responsible than this but this guy's a clown! Gee i wonder whats going to happen if a wreaking ball hits a truck? I was really surprised there. Oh thanks for torching that interior and releasing toxins into the air. I saw a show where they make fuel outta car interiors. Alittle more constructive don't u think? It people like these are why 4x4 land is getting shut down and the vech's are less capable cause the govt's of the world don't want you to go offroad they want to be able to keep tabs on you. It you wanted to test a truck for toughness find one that doesn't run and crash a test vech sled into and study how to make it stronger so it last longer and make it better. That would've been more interesting. I hope that stupid google ad is not blocking my post it's blocking my preview.

WOW There's so much wrong with that I can't do anything but shake my head & just say wow......the word tool does come to mind though. It's a television show....so by "that guy" I suppose you mean, the host of the show? The producers? The govt. agencies that regulate what they do?

There's such a thing as environmentally conscientious & then there's radicalism. What next? Ban racing because of all the pollutants? Ban fireplaces because of the smoke & the poor trees that were living creatures & are now being used for fuel? Stop all farming because it doesn't "tread lightly" & occasionally smashes the guts out of a few hundred rabbits, & other assorted small living creatures?

If I buy a vehicle it's M-I-N-E I'll destroy it if I want to. People with attitudes like that make me wish I was a billionaire; then I'd buy up all the old junkers & have a bonfire....just dance around it naked chanting it's mine - it's mine - it's mine. If you really want to save the planet, get rid of about 4 billion people otherwise; give it a rest.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:07 AM

i was just saying that if people keep trashing these rigs there not going to be any left. It's like those ghost riding videos where people fall off there vech, or get run over by them. Yeah it's kinda of funny but some people don't even have cars and people are destroying cars for attention or boredom? I'm not against racing (even though it's kinda boring watching people going around in circles) Some one should design a cleaner burning fire place. Maybe i'll save enough $ and get the resources to blow up the world? Course then i'd have to deal with god and the whole first commandment thing. So j/k. Oh they should cut down some trees to control wild fires.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:07 AM

wondering if you would have a minute to help?

I have a 1982 2x4 22r with a L52 5 speed.Would I be able to put a 1994 or newer 5 speed in it.
Old 03-08-2008, 06:36 AM

Post a new thread in the right section & someone will help you pretty quickly I'm sure....just wade through the two or three "use the search function" posts & you'll get solid advice/information.