Notices
86-95 Trucks & 4Runners 2nd/3rd gen pickups, and 1st/2nd gen 4Runners with IFS

Sweet 22re music

Search this Thread

Old 09-01-2009, 06:50 PM

Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Very nice bikes,can't seem to locate the ribbed outer primary,it is open with a belt drive in the pic,also don't see the suicide with glass shifter? Nice front end and paint!
Old 09-01-2009, 09:01 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by yotabiff
Very nice bikes,can't seem to locate the ribbed outer primary,it is open with a belt drive in the pic,also don't see the suicide with glass shifter? Nice front end and paint!
The ribbed primary is hanging on my wall it came off when I did the open belt as for the shifter it is also not on in this picture because I took this before I got it on should be done within the next few weeks got a lot of things going on and trying to do all of them is crazy I got the 3.4 swap I need to get done before the weather go's south so there's two motor's I am trying to pull and replace it's just total madness and I still have a weekend vacation I have to go on Friday till Monday so there's4 day's gone OH THE MISERY!

But here's a couple pics of said parts for you

These Primary were made to match the factory option ribbed timing covers

The old glass door knob from a early house door as a shifter for suicide shift ( I am still looking for a Knucklehead shift linkage to go to my ratchet top and foot pedal so if you got one for sale please let me know)

Old 09-02-2009, 07:10 AM

Man that primary cover is priceless!!! Veryyyy nice, as for the linkage,used to have a shifter that attached to the tank w/ linkage{police style} got rid of that long time ago,I'll keep my eyes on
Old 09-02-2009, 04:36 PM

Nice primary, looks like it accomidates the 50's compensating sprocket, I have to say I have never seen one. Thanks for the cam info, I'll be checking that out and the price is reasonable to boot. I do have a set of old fishtails , they were off a brothers Knucle and I have one knucle head pipe, so a guy would have to hussle some pan head pipes, the chrome is perfect, only shift stuff I have is an extra shift gate for the tank . I run a rocker clutch pedal with a straight lid. Most of my spare foot clutch stuff are all spares, they are tough to come by. I guess it's all in what type of "suicide clutch" you want to run. I hate show and tell, I have the camara charging now and will get some pictures up as soon as I can. You've done a beautiful job on those motor bikes!!!!!!!
Pigman
Old 09-02-2009, 09:51 PM
Contributing Member

Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts
Originally Posted by Pigman
Nice primary, looks like it accomidates the 50's compensating sprocket, I have to say I have never seen one. Thanks for the cam info, I'll be checking that out and the price is reasonable to boot. I do have a set of old fishtails , they were off a brothers Knucle and I have one knucle head pipe, so a guy would have to hussle some pan head pipes, the chrome is perfect, only shift stuff I have is an extra shift gate for the tank . I run a rocker clutch pedal with a straight lid. Most of my spare foot clutch stuff are all spares, they are tough to come by. I guess it's all in what type of "suicide clutch" you want to run. I hate show and tell, I have the camara charging now and will get some pictures up as soon as I can. You've done a beautiful job on those motor bikes!!!!!!!
Pigman
THanks for the flowers everyone these are my true love my yota's are second. As for the Primary Yea many many a persoon has told me they have never seen this before but I had a guy tell me the last time he had seen one of them let alone the complete set up with the rocker box's too was in the early 60's and were built by a small company in Califorina and they stopped building them in the late 50's early 60's. I have turned down offers of a grand for the primary and 2300 for it and the rocker box'sI know they are rare and very hard to find so I will be keeping them because they belong to the bike .

As for the linkage I guess that I will just make me a bar and mount it on the foot shifter and to the ratchet top like I did on my friends shovel 77 1/2 first 80"er had the stock cylinder plates too to get 80" I will have to go over to his house a get a picture of it so you can see another example of my handy work.

OH DAMN YOU GUY'S got me lost here I was going to report on getting my first 70 miles on the truck and engine now I lost my train of thought , OH WAIT just got it back so here's an update

As I stated above I got the first 70 miles down on the new motor and SAS set up the 268 cam from engnbldr works great had the 4runner up to 70+ miles per hour 2900-3-3100 rpm in 5th and hardly had to down shift out of 5th gear some good size hills here and 35 x 12.5's with the 5.29's do a very nice job I just need to fine tune it and fix an air leak in the header to exhaust mount then I should be good to go , also changed the oil for the first time at 20 miles and went with CASTROL 15w 40 diesal oil gonna run that for the first 3k then going to go to full synthic 15w 40 Amsoil and see how it holds up for the next 3k and go from there on oil grade but will be full syn for sure may go with the new CASTROL edge and see wht it does before I do a final selection on AMSOIL or the new EDGE , can't wait to see how it runs after it get broke in right.

Now back to my Harley's

Last edited by olharleyman; 09-02-2009 at 10:04 PM.